Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 26: July - August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! She looked gorgeous! Beautiful fabric! I agree, other colours match her better, but anyway, she looked stunning! And the hairdo is a piece of art:)

Speech of HRH Prince de Asturias
in the delivery of Prizes Mariano de Cavia, Luca de Tena and MingoteMadrid

10 of July 2006

Thank you very much, Mr. President, for your so amiable and full of affectionwords , and to this ABC House for the hospitality and cordiality with which today, once again, welcomes us.

In 1993 and 1999 I already had the honor and the pleasure to preside over the Act of delivery of Prizes Mariano de Cavia, Luca de Tena and Mingote that, for so many years, have been a great celebration of journalistic talent. To these feelings the joy is added this year to be along with Princess de Asturias in this ceremony of doubtless quality and prestige, being this one the first time that we have the possibility to do so since our marriage more than 2 years ago.

In sum, to be here tonight with all of you fills us of satisfaction. Offers an opportunity to us to emphasize the irreplaceable service of media, in a frame of democratic liberties, to a more and more eager society to know and to interpret the trepidante present time of its surroundings, that cannot be understood to the margin of the world of our days. And it allows us to remember the increasing necessity of quality information that people must develop with fullness in the benefit of their liberties and exercise of their responsibilities in a modern society, so full of resources and virtues like new problems and risks; so rich in its plurality as complex in its referring ones.

The Prizes that we gave tonight are a good sample of the commitment of this House with the culture in their more alive and creative expression; of the ABC capacity to praise the best and nobler results of the exercise of the journalistic profession, following the criteria of the merit and the excellence. They constitute a tribute to the vigor of the media that serves as basic support to the rich diversity of ideas and opinions, essential to generate a public opinion solid and based. They are, really, awards that try to render the due tribute to the good media, worthy, rigorous and compromised.

These are also the values that characterize the trajectory, dedication and communicative capacity of the three awarded journalists.

Juan Manuel de Prada emphasizes by his journalistic and literary race of undeniable success, by the rotundidad of his style and the audacious use of the word that reflects the depth of his moral convictions. Today he reaches a new summit with this award. He receives the Prize Mariano de Cavia by his chronicle "Sailing the night", on the dawn that preceded to the Mass of funeral by the soul of His Holliness, the Pope Juan Pablo II. One church figure of universal projection and unerasable memory that illuminated the world like untiring fighter of Peace, justice, the freedom, the man dignity and the reunification of Europe. His chronic is a meticulous picture of the feelings that came together in Rome in the hours that followed the death of the Pope of greater influence in our times. It constitutes a skillful example of the media inspired by the touching and trembling atmosphere of the street.

Oriana Fallaci represents, by antonomasia, the defense of the own convictions and the energetic denunciation of the threats that are hung over them. In a journalistic race that lasts already more than four decades, Fallaci always has been characterized by his enthusiastic style and of great expressive capacity; by his remarkable dominion of diverse sorts; to maintain, well argued points of view still actual. From his deep sense of freedom, Fallaci has pronounced on the challenges and risks of the world in which we lived.

On the other hand, Ignacio Gil has obtained the Prize Mingote by an excellent photography, a year after the abominable terrorist attacks of the 11 of March of 2004. The holder of the supplement that published ABC in the occasion of that anniversary, that said "What we lost", and gathered feeling of all the Spaniards. He reproduced the image of a significant day that, in fact, he could be the one of a day any. With that photography, he managed to make us remember, how that 11 of March was, in effect, a day like anyother until the terrorists vilely truncated the life of so many people, caused hundreds of wounded and generated in relatives and friends the deepest pain, than was also ours.

Our most warm and sincere congratulations to the three Awarded by the deserved awards that we finished giving to them. We celebrated to be able tonight to express our recognition to them by their very outstanding informative work, developed with a deep felt of responsibility and the commitment with the best values of the media.

Since I have said in other occasions, the good media to which today we rendered tribute constitutes appraising well that comprises inherent of the quality of life of the citizens and our coexistence in democracy. Like so, to all it interests to take care of it and to promote it.

According to its original principles and to the vision of Spain that already drew up the illustrious and dear founder of this House, Don Torcuato Luca de Tena, ABC constitutes an example of how making the fecund conjunction between the accumulated values by history and those effective that lay way to the future.

We congratulated for that reason to everyone that makes ABC possible every day: to his owners, directors, editors, collaborators and workers. We animate ABC not to become weak in its traditional persistence to always look for the excellence to fill our mornings with news and opinions. We encourage you to maintain its informative work, its special dedication and fruitful commitment with the language, the culture and the thought that distinguish these Prizes. In sum, to cultivate the spirit who has made great this House during the 103 years of existence to the service of the Spanish society.

Thanks to all in this House, that the Princess knows well, for your invitation and the opportunity so pleasing to share this evening with you. To all we reiterated our affection, and to the awarded ours more warm congratulation.

Thank you very much.

I like the dress and the hairdo (it's quite beautiful) ;)

I love this dress... and love Felipe in uniform

I love her hairdo is so beautiful!!!!!! In the dinner was Simoneta Gomez Acebo

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the gown! I love the hair! :)
Letizia is looking very beautiful.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/principes_asturias_premios_mariano_cavia_977938.htm

The Prince and Princess of Asturias attended yesterday the awards ceremony of the journalistic Prizes Mariano de Cava, where Doña Letizia appeared with a precious dress in champagne color and matching to shoes, completed with an moño updo.
At their arrival to the ABC building, where the event took place, the Princes gave a sample of their affection and amiability, posing for the journalists and greeting the people that were waiting for them.

Besides the obvious of how gorgeous Letizia looks, how about Prince Felipe? Doesn't he look just dashing in his evening clothes? We usually see him either in suit and tie or uniform. He looks so handsome and polished. My type of man!!!

What happens our dear friend Carlos Alvarez the photograph of GETTY, who is the best one for the Princess' first plan was not here yesterday ? What does mean ? Every body is taking holydays here and there !

Adelaide said:
What happens our dear friend Carlos Alvarez the photograph of GETTY, who is the best one for the Princess' first plan was not here yesterday ? What does mean ? Every body is taking holydays here and there !

How funny you are Adelaide, I have smiled very much with your post !!!:D

Yes , you are right, sice a long time ago Carlos does not put pics of the Principes, no pics of the Pope´s visit, no pics of Yesterday´s dinner. I suppose that we will not be the whole summer without Getty's wonderful pics, Is´n it ?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
She really looks splendid with this outfit, like a princess of a fairy tale!

Anybody knows where is Lula?

Ariel said:
She really looks splendid with this outfit, like a princess of a fairy tale!

Anybody knows where is Lula?

I agree totaly, with this so refined dress and the this jacket of lace Letizia was absolutly stuning. I'm just going to see a little extract of this event on "Gente" the Princes, both very handsome, were very happy to attend at an event more sofisticated than those they had to assumed since two or three months. Obviously, they were very at ease, smiling and relaxed.

You don't know! Lula is in holydays with Carlos Alvarez :p

PURPLE PLATINIUM and LARZEN, many thanks for the pics, the work of the jacket absolutly marvellous. Do you tink is spanish lace , very beautifull one.

Last edited:
adelaide said:

Wao, that is great, it means we are going to get all the pictures before Getty's! :D

adelaide said:

Wait until lula returns :D!!! I'm marking your post so she reads it as soon as she returns ;).

Thank you purple and Larzen for sharing the photos. This Letizia jacket looks very versatile. I personnaly love it.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

WOW WOW,what a dress,what a stunning princess. i love her dress,hair. i thonk the color suits her alot.

thank you very much purple and larzen.

Last edited:
What an increadibly regal dress!!! Very beautiful. and it suits her perfectly. Style, color, cut...perfect.

She has quite a figure like a ballerina ..
They both looked great as usual! =)

I absolutely LOVE her, she is one of the prettiest princesses today. And I agree, she looks stunning. I've never seen her wear anything that I didn't like.

Ani

Is there anyone from Portugal here? I just want to know and confirm if there was an interview with ex-king Constantine talking about Letizia?

I love Leti' dress. the colour is simply wonderful. And Felipe...oh God..he's really a handsome man:)

Nice hair, didn't like the dress though. Oh and Felipe looks good.

I love the dress!!! Stunning isn't quite the word to describe the Princess but WOW! And Felipe is to die for - She's one lucky woman!

Stunning is the right word. She looked splendid indeed. The lace jacket was gorgeous. The only nickpicking I have is the heming. It's overlock instead of blind stich heming. Overlock looks cheap and too casual for an cocktail dress.

Felipe didn't look too bad either. He has the James Bond like suave air about him.

She is very beautiful and they seem at ease in this kind of event and so happy to be together. He is very handsome too. Lucky couple.

highpriestess said:
Stunning is the right word. She looked splendid indeed. The lace jacket was gorgeous. The only nickpicking I have is the heming. It's overlock instead of blind stich heming. Overlock looks cheap and too casual for an cocktail dres

I aplogize, because in a first time I didn't understood the meaning of this sentence. So I was looking first at my dictionnary then at the pics once or twice to understand your thaugh.

If your speaking about the bottom of the dress - the hem - I can't agree with you because there is a very refined work for this kind of material.

It's a satin fluid tissue and if you want to have this beatiful light effect, you can to have a true and heavy hem of five or seven centimetres as for material than flannel, tweed, or others ones which need some lest.

In the case of this coktail dress you a have very subtil work of a scroll hem of quiet one centimetre to avoid a heavy one with sewing marks.

And as the skirt part of this dress has a large moving effects, to stay light it's not beautiful to have a normal hem. At the contrary, I thing it's not a casual way to do it, but a very good handing and high couture way to sew a hem. You can't avoid this way to do if you want that the skirt don't have an heavy look.

Please, I apologise again, it's not a sewing lesson ( I 'm totally unable to do it, I don't no yet sew a button :p ) but I had a coktail dress a little bit like this one and the hem was exactly as I'm tryind to describe you, preciselly to have a kind of dancing effect.

Please, if some of you, are better in sew than me, tell us your opinion but for me is definitly not a casual hem.:)

Sometimes with this fabrics there is not even a hem, they are yards that have those kind of edges and the couturiers take advantage of it to complete the piece and they cut it on purpose the way that the waves actually gets on the place they wanted to, they are even special machines, scissors and even a sort of glue to work with such delicated parts, and fortunatelly they still are in the world some prodigious women that can do marvelous pieces with their hands and a stitch, if you notice in this dress they are "hems" more noticeables trough the lace jacket but the ending waves on both arms and hips i think they are not even stitched at all but let them falled naturally, by the way that's the same lace jacket from the other day in the (journalist?) dinner, I like it (the lace piece) more with the other dress, today I like the color a lot but the dress remembers me a little bit of an skater dress (my pinch of humor) :eek: however I won't hesitate to use a dress with a cut like that and the color is fabulous, really tender, in general she does looks elegant for the ocassion.

BTW. Is that a Varela? I will be surprised for good.

2nd BTW. In the Fashion Forum I just noticed that the lace patterns are indeed a little bit different (more busy on the left portion the one she wores the other night) so i said the lace was the same w/ different dresses because they looks almost the same but I probably, in fact I think I'm wrong, still wondering.

Last edited:
The chronicles of the Princess of Asturias in Newspaper ABC.

Their Royal Highnesses The Princes of Asturias presided in ABC's house the dinner of honor of the Prizes Mariano de Cavia, Luca de Tena and Mingote. The Publishing Chairwoman of ABC Catalina Luca de Tena, donate/ Give, Dona Letizia with a book that assembles some of the Chronicles that the Princess of Asturias published in ABC

www.abc.es

Last edited:
I could settle for Felipe looking suave like James Bond and as for Letizia, this is an absolute stunning outfit she has worn in a long, long time.

Stellad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom