Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 25: June - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rchat said:
You know, looking at these pictures, it struck me... this looks like a wedding ceremony! With the white-ish dress, the bouquet of flowers, the church...
If I hadn't known this was just another official act, I'd swear they were getting married again! :D

The happy newlywed couple...

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=505pq.jpg

Just leaving the church...
http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=536wk.jpg

The blushing bride...

http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=552yf.jpg

Just finished saying "I do"...

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=capilla.jpg

The wedding banquet...

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=3-20060622121706.jpg

hehe... just kidding of course. ;) This is all in good fun. But do you see what I mean?

I do. It makes you think, because many people don't have as nice a wedding as this could have been, and this is just one average day in the life of Filipe and Letizia.

Last edited:
Letizia is so beautiful lately. Lovelier than ever. Does she ever have a bad day?

You have some problem in which for my are the best ones? I do not discuss your preferences towards other princess; so I do not see because you must do that.

rchat said:
You know, looking at these pictures, it struck me... this looks like a wedding ceremony! With the white-ish dress, the bouquet of flowers, the church...
If I hadn't known this was just another official act, I'd swear they were getting married again! :D

hehe... just kidding of course. ;) This is all in good fun. But do you see what I mean?

Yes, I do. And I have a feeling neither Felipe nor Letizia would have minded to have such an intimate wedding. Just them, the Priest and God!

And for a wedding bouquet that choice is absolutely appropriate isn't it?!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

P.S. - I'm going to make a confidence, there is a Royal Couple who are no longer together :(, that I'd love to see them remarrying this way :)! I'll keep praying ;)!

felipe and letizia are very in love they are wanted a lot of is seen them in the look to see if they give us another boy because I want to see it again pregnant equal of good-looking that leonor

lucys said:
Personally, I don't care one way or the other if one princess or another does or does not cross her legs, but the people who have said that it is a basic rule of "finished" behavior in a lady are not being ridiculous, they are being accurate. You may consider it an old-fashioned rule--fine--but it's still the basic rule, just like a curtsey to a monarch is old-fashioned, but still the proper behavior
while I agree its not nice to see a woman (or a man, which happen far more often) sit like a sack of potatoes thank goodness in the Nethelands, Belgium, Norway, UK, Sweden and Denmark they are more concerend with the speeches the Princesses makes, the events they attend, what they say, how they interact than how they hold the legs . Here it would be considered very oldfashioned and I belive unacceptable to have the Princess only draw attention to the Prince, very oldfashioned;) But different contries different customs, its a question of what one has the possibility to focus on:p

BTW I have seen CPss Victoria sit with her legs the "correct" way and you could look pretty much into her underware, I have seen her sit with the legs crossed and you could see nothing, It depends on the skirt also.

I am tired of reading so many bilges again and again.:mad:

To sit down with the united legs is a question of elegance and good education ... in Spain and in many other places .... and a basic reason has, that on having crossed the legs, the women do not show what they would not like to show.

On the other hand, it is evident that nobody seems to understand that Letizia does not occupy a background for being A WOMAN, but she occupies it because she is a COLITIGANT.

It seems that the problems with the men and the women, have more, which again and again insist on this topic, that the Royal Spanish House.
The Dukes of Palm and Lugo do not have any official function in solitarily, and his titles only will have them while be married with the Infantas. Will it be that the Royal House is a feminist? Because while Alexandra of Denmark, or Claire of Belgium, or Laurentien of Holland ... they come to official acts, or even they have own titles... Jaime de Marichalar and Iñaki Urdangarín do not do it.

Probably also it would be necessary to say that England, Holland or Denmark are feminists and Sweden, Spain or Belgium are machists or maybe feminist too ... because in the countries where there are queens her husbands are princes, and in the countries where there are kings his colitigants are queens.

Before writing it is necessary to think over the things. :confused:

Last edited:
No matter how interesting the conversation may be to some of the involved members, please keep in mind that this thread is about Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia's Current Events; not a sociologic debate about North vs. South European cultures. Please try to keep on-topic.

Elsa M.
(TRF's Supermoderator)

http://www.diaridetarragona.com/dtgn/noticia.php?id=3653&sec=5

The Queen Sofía Museum offers a complete exhibition of the Valencian artist Manolo Valdés
Monumental Sculptures, placed at the yard of the Queen Sofía Museu, welcome us to the first great retrospective exhibition that this museum dedicates to the Valencian artist Manolo Valdés and which will be inaugurated the next Tuesday by the Princes of Asturias.
Manolo Valdés is considered one of the most outstanding artists of last half century, and this exhibition gathers 86 works made by the artist, in all and each field of his creative stages

Elsa M. said:
http://www.diaridetarragona.com/dtgn/noticia.php?id=3653&sec=5

The Queen Sofía Museum offers a complete exhibition of the Valencian artist Manolo Valdés
Monumental Sculptures, placed at the yard of the Queen Sofía Museu, welcome us to the first great retrospective exhibition that this museum dedicates to the Valencian artist Manolo Valdés and which will be inaugurated the next Tuesday by the Princes of Asturias.
Manolo Valdés is considered one of the most outstanding artists of last half century, and this exhibition gathers 86 works made by the artist, in all and each field of his creative stages

Really they are a bit mad;) ... On Tuesday this act in Madrid, I imagine that in the morning ... later to the plane and to Hannover, to 21.00 football, and later turned to Spain to be in Girona on Wednesday.:confused:

http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/principes_asturias_antonio_lopez_944244.htm

Princes Asturias will deliver on Monday award to Antonio Lopez

With a work that sinks his roots in the purest realistic Spanish tradition, Antonio Lopez will receive next Monday of hands of the Princes of Asturias the Prize of the Plastic Arts that takes the name of Velázquez, painter who has been for the awardwinner a fundamental modal.

The prize endowed with 90.000 Euros, it admits the set of the work of the 70-year-old of La Mancha artist, the classic one in his conception of the painting, in his cánones and composition, to that he is interested the reality, the objects and the events of the daily life to which he provides with a felt poetical personnel.

Last edited:
This is one very hard working royal couple that really live to their promise to be totally dedicated to the people of Spain and the roles they have embolied.

I really admire and respect them for their dedication, obvious enjoyment of their duties and being with the people of Spain and most importantly their love and respect for each other. It's so heart warming to see their love for each other through their body language.

I know alot have been said about the princess doing solo acts but what ever the reasons maybe - i totally enjoy seeing them together on duty and i think they do too. When i see them together on their many acts it's liking see 2 halves come together - there's so much energy and they're very much in sync...

mtbcm said:
P.S. - I'm going to make a confidence, there is a Royal Couple who are no longer together :(, that I'd love to see them remarrying this way :)! I'll keep praying ;)!

I'll bet I know who they are, but I won't jinx it by saying. I agree that this would be a nice way for them to remarry.

royaltywatcher said:
I'll bet I know who they are, but I won't jinx it by saying. I agree that this would be a nice way for them to remarry.

Don't say a word :D.
But it would be really nice, wouldn't it?!

:) Back to F&L point... I understand we all have expectations towards royal couples, otherwise we wouldn't be here... some people expect to see them together, some people expect to see them going to solo acts... some people expect that they don't get bald or fat... some people are eager to see them that way so they can prove everyone that they are not Gods but human:rolleyes: .

I personnaly like to see how hard working this couple is. I like to see Royal Couple going together to acts, whenever they don't for me is like something is missing.

I've always loved how responsible and dedicated Prince Felipe has been all his life. When he found his other first half I was happy for him because from that day he would be abble to continue dedicate to his country and his people but he would have a companion on this, not always so easy, journey.

The day Princess Letizia delivers a speach on her own I will be glad but not feeling that she won a battle... that's not the way things happen or should happen between any, royal or not, couple.

Regards and I wish you all a great weekend!

mtbcm :)

mtbcm said:
The day Princess Letizia delivers a speach on her own I will be glad but not feeling that she won a battle... that's not the way things happen or should happen between any, royal or not, couple.
But Letizia has allready delivered a speach on her own. When she was 5 months pregnant with Leonor she did a speach the 25th aniversiry of the Unidad de Acción Rural de la Guardia Civil. I loved the speach she did, she took a firm stand against terrorism if I remember correctly, and honered the Guardia Civil for its good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
lula said:
http://www.mcu.es/home/htm/noticias/noticia_premio_velazquez.html

The Princes of Asturias deliver on June 26, in the Prado Museum, the Prize Velázquez of Plastic Arts 2006 to the painter and sculptor Antonio Lopez

Many thanks dear Lula for the link. This kind of cultural informations is very usefull and add many interests at theis forum ( for me this thread) yet very interesting. Thanks a lot!:)

I have seen the images in television. They delivered the prize in Velázquez's room of the Prado Museum, surrounded with his paintings, behind the Princes there was the picture of " The Meninas ".

Letizia's suit is repeated, I believe that ishe released it in the trip to Mexico in 2004.;)

Images from getty

Attachments

• 61.JPG
    61.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 63.JPG
    63.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 274
I think she wore it in Brazil she is even using the same pruse...but I like it

I think Princess Letizia is trying very hard to be liked by the public which means walking a fine line between appearing economical by wearing outfits more than once, appearing friendly in public, touching people, smiling etc.
I think is doing a great job so far.

Heidi P. said:
I think Princess Letizia is trying very hard to be liked by the public which means walking a fine line between appearing economical by wearing outfits more than once, appearing friendly in public, touching people, smiling etc.
I think is doing a great job so far.

We can say like that but we can also think that she is very involve by Spain and spagnards that she want represent them the best as she is able to do:)

In every way she is doing her best.:)

Heidi P. said:
appearing friendly in public, touching people, smiling etc.

Heidi,people in Spain are well-known for being very likeable and warm...so if Letizia is all time smiling or touching people for me is something totally normal.
All the Spaniards are not thus but the great majority. ;)

It would be difficult to see the queen of England being so pleasant .....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lauritas138 said:
Heidi,people in Spain are well-known for being very likeable and warm...so if Letizia is all time smiling or touching people for me is something totally normal.
All the Spaniards are not thus but the great majority. ;)

It would be difficult to see the queen of England being so pleasant .....:rolleyes:

For Spain, I agree totaly with you. It's because that I'm very fond of spagniards;)

From abc and the last from terra

Last edited:
From seegerpress

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00162507.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162507.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 213
  • pre-SEEGER00162508.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162508.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 181
  • pre-SEEGER00162509.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162509.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 153
  • pre-SEEGER00162510.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162510.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 244
  • pre-SEEGER00162511.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162511.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 229
  • pre-SEEGER00162513.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00162513.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 207
Letizia looks wonderful in orange :). Has her hair gotten darker or is it just the lighting?

that suit that takes the princess today shone it in the trip to Mexico and Brazil in 2004 :)

very very beutiful

They will attend princes of Asturias the Spain-France game, this Tuesday By: Notimex Monday 26 of June of 2006 | Hour of publication: 10:02 Princes of Asturias Felipe de Borbón and Letizia will be tomorrow present in the party that the Spanish selection of futbol will dispute before its similar of France, in the eighth of end of the Glass of the World Germany 2006. Official sources confirmed that the princes will travel to Hannover, where will dispute the encounter, and with it the dynamics of the members of the Real House stays to have presence in the World-wide one in support to its selection. One is the second party to which the heir of the Spanish crown and his wife travel in which he goes of the championship, after the past attending 14 of June the debut of Spain before the Ukraine in Leipzig, party which they gained the Iberian by 4-0. Kings of Spain Juan Carlos and Sofía were present the past Fridays in Kaiserlautern, where Spain overcame 1-0 to Saudi Arabia. The technician of the Spanish selection, Aragonese Luis, declared the eve on the good spirit of the monarchs after that party, who lowered to greet the players and where they informed to him that they would be the princes who would be in the end eighth party.
http://www.cronica.com.mx/nota.php?id_nota=248139

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom