Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 24: June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lucys said:
Do you know when they are going to Israel?

http://www.abc.es/20060612/nacional-nacional/principe-asturias-viajara-israel_200606120249.html

Prince of Asturias will travel to Israel days 17 and 18 of July

L.A. MADRID. His Royal Highness Prince of Asturias will visit Israel days 17 and 18 of July to commemorate the 20 anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations of Spain with that country, according to confirmed diplomatic sources. Don Felipe, that possibly arrives at the airport from Tel Aviv coming from China, to where it will move to inaugurate day 14 the seat of the Cervantes Institute in Beijing, it will be received with all the honors by the Israeli president, Moshe Katsav, who the past year made a visit from State to Spain.
It is not confirmed, so far, the presence of Princess de Asturias during that trip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We must wait for the definitive confirmation of the RoyalHouse on Letizia's presence, because in other articles one speaks of that she travels to China, so the normal thing is that if they stop in Israel to the return also she does it to Israel. This news is of agency, and normally they say to diplomatic sources, that only they are in the habit of referring to the Prince as institutional representative.

I love what Letizia has worn the last couple of days. The black & white dress is fantastic! Definately different. And the lilac colored top under the cream suit with that jewelry is great. She has really turned the style volume up quite a bit lately, but not to where it is overkill. Way to go!

Does the Princess have a stylist? If so, I would like to say what a change, she is really blossoming, the new hairstyles and outfits are elegant and beautiful.

Perhaps she is just more comfortable in her role and feels more confident and able to dress in what she really likes. :)

LadyS said:
Does the Princess have a stylist? If so, I would like to say what a change, she is really blossoming, the new hairstyles and outfits are elegant and beautiful.

Perhaps she is just more comfortable in her role and feels more confident and able to dress in what she really likes. :)

Not, she does not have stylist, she is in the habit of choosing her buys, and on that she wears every day. Normally to beginning of season she comes to the workshops of Felipe Varela, Adolfo Dominguez and Caprile to entrust several models, they are those who can advise her a bit.

You have reason great in your last commentary, it seems that she feels increasingly comfortable, and it allows her more to be she herself. Initially she was lost, enclosedly in the topic of the clothes, if she was going too modernshe was criticizing, if she was going too classic and serious also .... later she found an average elegant and classic style that was very useful and it was not causing problems. Now already she risks a bit more.

I find it's very important that Letizia is able to improve her public appearence because I think it's difficult to have a good public image which represent yourself and in the same time which is the significant of the function : hard exercise with a lot of criticism.....

She is doing a great job, and i think people that in the past had doubts about her are starting to recognize that she is perfect for the role. She is giving the extra mile in any thing she is commited. Felipe surely knew her well and didnt let her escape. An strong willed woman with a big sense of responsability and totally motivated to work for her country is what he was needing and he surely got it.

Talking about fashion sense, she got a good sense of what is right and is probably evolving to meet her own style. That does not mean that she cant miss onetime, everybody does, so let take the pressure from her of needing to be always perfect, all the most elegant women of the last decades, models, actresses or princesses have had their own misses. It is the way it is.

I agree totaly with you Ariel. As you know I'm a true fan of teh princess but I can admit that sometimes I'm not very found of some suit. For instance the blue one wore for the dinner with the Military Head Quarter in Seville. It was elegant, feminine, well cut, the topaze ( ? ) earrings were very well matched but this kind of suit aren't my cup of tea.

I'm sur that for her public image, the Princess has to wear sometimes outfit a little be too classical ( for my opinion ), it's the reason why I find Letizia very courageous to take risk while she is always criticized.

Yes, I know people tends to critize royals, like a hobbie thing, instead of giving them a chance to do their work. When they dont find anything to critize, then, like in her case, start critizing her way of dressing, which I think it is unfair. The beauty of fashion is that gives everyone their own way to express themselves. Classic or trendy, you choose. It is impossible that someone dresses in a way that pleases everybody. Each one of us, have different tastes, different views to see things, so it is to ok to disagree with some outfits. Im sure that if we see our wardrobes of 10 years ago, we would have change it almost totally, because as time pass and we get new experiences, our way of seing life changes and that applies also to clothes. Clothes talk in some way, so it is normal that we change our style periodically, because we want to communicate different things.

By Deadline Press:

Attachments

• zp10.jpg
    zp10.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 208
  • zp11.jpg
    zp11.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 192
  • zp12.jpg
    zp12.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 243
  • zp13.jpg
    zp13.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 170
  • zp14.jpg
    zp14.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 299
  • zp15.jpg
    zp15.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 223
  • zp16.jpg
    zp16.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 206
  • zp17.jpg
    zp17.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 198
  • zp18.jpg
    zp18.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 204
  • zp19.jpg
    zp19.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
I absolutely adore her autfits. She looks really stylish.

The rest from Deadline:

Attachments

• zp20.jpg
    zp20.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 198
  • zp21.jpg
    zp21.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom