Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 23: June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inaguration of Cervantes Institute in Palermo

Images from Terra

Attachments

• 720805c69e823g.jpg
    720805c69e823g.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 324
I was wondering, since I have seen the Prince and Princess opening all of the Cervantes Institutes, could someone give me, an American, an idea of what they are exactly? This would be much appreciated. I also would like to know if there are any in the USA?
Thanks,
Linda 85

linda85 said:
I was wondering, since I have seen the Prince and Princess opening all of the Cervantes Institutes, could someone give me, an American, an idea of what they are exactly? This would be much appreciated. I also would like to know if there are any in the USA?
Thanks,
Linda 85

The Cervantes Institutes are like language schools, where people learn spanish, and get to do exams that are officially recognised in Spain, the so-called DELE exams. There are many Institutes all over the world. As far as I have found, there's two in the USA, in Chicago and New York. But I could be wrong.
Check out www.cervantes.es

Last edited:
montserratalida said:
The Cervantes Institutes are like language schools, where people learn spanish, and get to do exams that are officially recognised in Spain, the so-called DELE exams. There are many Institutes all over the world. As far as I have found, there's two in the USA, in Chicago and New York. But I could be wrong.
Check out www.cervantes.es
Besides being a school, The Cervantes Institute is a center with all things connected with Spain and its language. These centres organise special meetings, lectures, exhibitions etc. in order to propagate Spanish culture and literature.

Linda, There are a Carvantes Institute in Alburquerque, Chicago, and in New York see this web. You wiil find a link for English
www.cervantes.es

Here you Are some information about the Cervantes Institute, But in the web you will see all the that you need.

http://www.cervantes.es/docs/guias/GuiaICIngles.pdf

400 million people, in more than 20 countries, speak Spanish,
a language which is the world’s fourth most commonly
spoken and the second language of international communication.
It is also the language in which many of the great
creators of modern culture express themselves. Thus, millions
of people study it throughout the world, because it is
a practical language, increasingly useful in professional
life, but also because it is a great language of culture and a
language for dialog. The Instituto Cervantes, created by
Spain in 1991, is the world’s largest institution dedicated
to the teaching of Spanish and to the promotion of knowledge
of the cultures of Spanish-speaking countries. Spain
is also a multilingual country and the Instituto promotes
this linguistic wealth. This Guide contains information on
the services available: Spanish, Catalan, Basque and Galician
courses, attendance or on the Internet, official qualifications,
teacher training, cultural programs, libraries and
documentation centers, radio and television broadcasts,
data bases and much more. We hope you will find it useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
From terra:
I love this outfit (and sandals!!!:)). She has used it before, in Oviedo, but we didn't have many pictures from this act. So it's great that she is recycling it now:)

Last edited:
From terra

Attachments

• 720805c7b4dacg.jpg
    720805c7b4dacg.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 720805c7cd8a2g.jpg
    720805c7cd8a2g.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 720805c77f238g.jpg
    720805c77f238g.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 273
  • 720805c761d63g.jpg
    720805c761d63g.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 162
I like The Princess's outfit,she seems to favour that colour two or three times recentley.

Great pictures!!! Letizia looks ravishing in blue! Thank you all for sharing!

Thanks for all these fotos. Letizia is marvellous in blue and they always look beautiful together

Thank you for sharing those pictures. I agree Princess Letizia looks great in blue. By the way I just was watching a tv show this morning about how the Princess's skirt blew away and had a very embarrasing moment.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/principes_asturias_museo_arte_moderno_915496.htm

Princes of Asturias visited Museum of Modern Art of Palermo

The Princes of Asturias visited this evening the Museum of Modern Art of Palermo, accompanied by the mayor of the city, Diego Cammadata and his wife, and for the director of the art gallery, Donatella Purpura.

The visit of Don Felipe and dona Letizia took place after a luncheon deprived with the local and regional authorities and of the inauguration, this morning, of the new Institute Cervantes in the historical center of the capital of Sicily, the biggest island of the Mediterranean.

The Museum of Modern Art is a former building of the center of Palermo, which a Catalan constructed in 1480 as residence and retirement for the Jesuits.

More photos from terra

Attachments

• 720805.jpg
    720805.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 720805c.jpg
    720805c.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 72080.jpg
    72080.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 7208.jpg
    7208.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 720.jpg
    720.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Larzen was so kind again as to provide bigger version of these photos from the visit to Alcala de Henares.
See the edited posts here and here.

Many thanks Larzen. The pics are excellent like that. What a pleasure to see the Princes in a more bigger version. Thanks again.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Besides being a school, The Cervantes Institute is a center with all things connected with Spain and its language. These centres organise special meetings, lectures, exhibitions etc. in order to propagate Spanish culture and literature.

not only the Spanish language, but the Instituto Cervantes is also one of the key or major government institutions that promote Spanish/Hispanic culture all over the world, as well as connecting their host countries' culture with theirs. :D ;)

the IC's language studies curriculum has a total of 18 levels (5 for beginning and intermediate, 4 for advanced and superior).

info overload there..ha ha! :) :D

Last edited:
www.casareal.es

67 edition of the Journalistic Awards of the Association of the Press of Madrid Headquarters of the Community of Madrid, on June 6, 2006
It will be presided by Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias

The Association of the Press of Madrid grants anually five awards, which in the edition of 2005 corresponded to:
  • Rodríguez Santamaría award, in recognition of a professional path, to Carlos Nadal Gayá, for his career more than fifty years, principally in The Forefront.
  • Víctor de la Serna Award, to the journalist most emphasized of the year, Juan Lara Mármol delegated of the Agency EFE in Italy and the Vatican.
  • Javier Bueno Award, to an excellent dedication in any field of the journalism, to Gervasio Sanchez Fernandez, who has reported from 1984 on most of the conflicts armed for Herald of Aragon, beside collaborating for Chain To be, The Forefront or BBC.
  • Larra Award, to the professional of the mass media of less than 30 years old that there has differed for his work in the last year, to Cristina Ónega Salcedo, for his , labor in the section of courts of the Informative Services of Spanish Television
  • Michael Moya Award, to Santiago King Fernandez-Latorre, Publisher of The Voice of Galicia and President of the Group Voice, which represents the third generation of editors of one of the principal newspapers of Spain, with a process of constant growth in the formation of a present group of mass media in all the facets of the journalism.
The Juror it is composed by the members of the Managerial Meeting of the APM, who decide, of agreement with the Procedure that govern for the grant of these Prizes, between the offers that they themselves contribute, more those who are received of groups, corporations, mass media and companions who want to present journalist names that they consider to be deserving of these awards.

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20060605161500&tabID=1&ch=66

The Princes of Asturias will deliver today , on Tuesday, the Prizes of the Association of the Press of Madrid 2005 in an act that will be celebrated from 8:00 pm hours in the Royal House of Post office, headquarters of the Government of the Community of Madrid, at which there will be present also the autonomic chairwoman, Esperanza Aguirre.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/06/05/comunicacion/1149523296.html

The Princes preside this evening at the delivery of the Prizes of the Association of the Press of Madrid

MADRID. - The Princes of Asturias preside this evening at the delivery of the annual Prizes of the Association of the Press of Madrid (APM). The journalists Carlos Nadal, Juan Manuel de Lara, Gervasio Sanchez, Cristina Ónega and Santiago Rey are the professionals distinguished in 67 edition of the awards.

To the act, which will be celebrated from 19.30 hours in the RoyaL House of Post office of Madrid, headquarters of the regional Government, they will come, besides the Princes, the chairwoman of the Community, Esperanza Aguirre.

Letizia Ortiz received one of the awards of the APM in the year 2000, when she was employed at TVE's Informative Services. It was distinguished by the Prize Larra, which recognizes the work of a 30-year-old minor journalist, and that she shared with Javier Mayoral.

I love the princess's new summer outfits!!! The colours are bright and cheerful and through it all she still maintain the simple cut and style.

I read, but I forgot where that the Felipe is a man who don't sleep very much and that it's his great strengh ( obviously in the life, it's ) I think that Letizia too, because as we can observe their activities of th last month we can wondering when they are taken the time to rest a little.
As we know that they are preparing a lot their visit in the neibouroughs of Madrid for instance and that they have also office'works, I am asking myself how they do to have a little time for them...

From face to face

Attachments

• 00962470.jpg
    00962470.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 00962471.jpg
    00962471.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 00962472.jpg
    00962472.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 00962473.jpg
    00962473.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 00962474.jpg
    00962474.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 00962475.jpg
    00962475.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 00962476.jpg
    00962476.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 00962477.jpg
    00962477.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 241
  • 00962479.jpg
    00962479.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
From today's journalism awards, by 20 minutos:

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/127984/0/principes/afinsa/forum/

Nearly 500 people affected by the philatelic Afinsa and Fórum Filatélico scandal were congregated today in front of the Royal Post Office, located at the Madrilenian Porta del Sol, to demand from the Government solutions that allow them to recover their savings.

When the Princes de Asturias arrived at the building to preside over the prize-giving ceremony of the Press Association of Madrid, a tumult took place and many whistles and shouts were listened against the couple. Some people were carrying a photo of Infanta Cristina where she appeared along with members of Fórum Filatélico and Afinsa.

The Princes entered the building to preside over the Prizes, which will also be attended by the autonomic president, Esperanza Aguirre.

Last edited:
What a good informant you are, dear Lula so for the History, news than the pics. Those spanish threads are particulary interesting, especially for all that are linked with the Kings and the Princes.Many, many thanks for you work and for the level what you are giving to the discussions. I'm very glad to read you.

Dear Lula, I know that it's not directly linked with the Royalty, but is that it's possible to explain in two words the stamps's scandal because I can't, and I think I'm not alone, appreciate the people 's reaction again the gouvernement and by the way again the Princes. Many thanks for your short answer.

Elsa M. said:
From today's journalism awards, by 20 minutos:

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/127984/0/principes/afinsa/forum/

Nearly 500 people affected by the philatelic Afinsa and Fórum Filatélico scandal were congregated today in front of the Royal Post Office, located at the Madrilenian Porta del Sol, to demand from the Government solutions that allow them to recover their savings.

Poor Princes, they do not have fault of anything, and always they all take advantage of their visits to protest for something.:mad: It is a lack of respect to spoil the acts of others, today it had the winning some that do not have because to support this.
They have defrauded them, so that protest before the culprits ... not before the Princes who do not have any relation with this topic.

It is clear, when the Princes come to an act there are many mass media, and the people are useful for their protests.
I only hope that tomorrow to anybody of by using the act of the little Leonor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://actualidad.terra.es/provincias/pamplona/articulo/principes_asturias_viana_javier_premio_917126.htm

The Princes of Asturias and of Viana will preside on June 22 in Javier at the delivery of the Prize ' Prince of Viana ', who will be opened the public

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias and of Viana will preside next June 22, Thursday, at the act of delivery of the prize ' Prince of Viana ' of the Culture 2006 granted to the scientist Javier Tejada Palacios. The act will be celebrated in the classroom Francisco de Jasso de Javier , and to the same one there will be able to accede the public who before has withdrawn the corresponding invitation.

Act will give beginning at 12 a.m., and in the musical parts they will intervene the Escolanía Loyola, of Pamplona, and the Set of String and Ensemble de Chirimías Miguel de Arrózpide. At the end of the act there will be projected the audio-visual one that synthesizes the deliveries of the Prize celebrated from 1990, which all of them have celebrated in Leyre's monastery, except the correspondent to 1998, which took place in Viana's city.
Their Royal Highnesses Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will visit in the same day Javier's castle and the temporary exhibition ' San Francisco Javier in the arts. The power of the image ', promoted by the foundation CAN , whIch shows in the center of Javier's Spirituality.

Last edited:
adelaide said:
I read, but I forgot where that the Felipe is a man who don't sleep very much and that it's his great strengh ( obviously in the life, it's ) I think that Letizia too, because as we can observe their activities of th last month we can wondering when they are taken the time to rest a little.
As we know that they are preparing a lot their visit in the neibouroughs of Madrid for instance and that they have also office'works, I am asking myself how they do to have a little time for them...
Really? And I have read that he just loves sleeping (of course, with such work and way of life he doesn't have the chance to sleep too much)! He had even some problems in army since he was always late in the morning:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom