Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 20: May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the new thread of Current News for Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia.

The old thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is only for current news and events;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles.;
*be respectful to the opinions of others, even if you disagree.

Have fun!

Who knows if Letizia will going to America Latina the next week ?

Does anyone know why the princes were not present in Stockholm this past weekend?

Because it is the norm that Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos can't be out of the country at the same time.

adelaide said:
Who knows if Letizia will going to America Latina the next week ?

Yes, they are coming to Costa Rica.

m 12 said:
Yes, they are coming to Costa Rica.
Are they both going? I thought only he was. I thought I read something about her not going on any of these quick trips to Latin America until Leonor was older--but I could be wrong. We'll find out soon enough.

The Tiled physicist Javier Palacios, Prize Prince of Viana of the Culture 2006 PAMPLONA, 5 May.

The Navarrese Council of Culture, reunited this morning in Javier, has decided to elevate to the Government of Navarre the proposal so that the Prize is granted Prince of Viana of the Culture to the Tiled physicist Javier Palaces. This agreement of the Council of Culture is binding for the Government. The delivery of the Prize will take place in next dates, within the framework of the visit that Princes de Asturias and of Viana will make to Navarre

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20060505130330&tabID=1&ch=71

Many thanks, Nagore, for the picture. In my opinion, I find the Princes more at ease and relaxed than at the begining, precisely when they are hanging their hands, they stopped to be shy and Felipe is demonstring more his feelings that is very good for his behaviour and public image.

Yes Adelaide, you are right.I have the same opinion, is the best for the public image of the princes.

Thank you nagore for that lovely photo.

It is so nice to see them hand-in-hand.

Regards,

mtbcm :)

I think that its wonderful, to see principes hand with hand, it demonstrates us the comlicity that exists among them, and much that they love themselves.
And I like much to see them happy.

I'm just knowing that Letizia shall not go to Costa Rica, we can asking why ? It's too bad !

lucys said:
Are they both going? I thought only he was. I thought I read something about her not going on any of these quick trips to Latin America until Leonor was older--but I could be wrong. We'll find out soon enough.

If this is the reason, then she probably won't be going for years. I don't think they will stop with Leonor (a couple more will come :)).

adelaide said:
I'm just knowing that Letizia shall not go to Costa Rica, we can asking why ? It's too bad !

I think it's better for her to stay home. Those long-distance short trips are very tiring.

Last edited:
Problaby, she preferes to saty the mothers day with Leonor?

It is totally normal that she stays at home with Leonor. Felipe has done this kind of trips for years by himself, so he probably can do it alone and let Letizia to relax with the baby who needs her mom a lot at this time. I know people in latin america would love to see her, but im pretty sure that they understand the reasons.

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060509/prensa/noticias/Madrid/Madrid/200605/09/NAC-MAD-219.asp

The Princes will visit thoroughly several localities of the belt of Madrid

The mayor of this municipality of the southwest has sent letters to the neighbors in which he encourages them to inform in the reception the Inheritor of the Wreath and his wife

MADRID. Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias have foreseen to realize in the next days a series of official visits to different localities of the belt of Madrid. They will not be fleeting institutional, but intense visits and long days in which Don Felipe and Dona Letizia try to prove to be close to the persons from Madrid and to deepen itsknowledge on the reality of each one of these municipalities.

The first one of the visits of this type that they will realize the Inheritor of the Wreath and his wife will take Móstoles as a destiny, as reports the agency Efe, and it will take place next Tuesday, the 16th. Later, it is foreseen that the Princes of Asturias repeat the experience in other localities of the Autonomous Community, as Fuenlabrada, Leganés or Alcala de Henares.

In order they make participants of the visit all the neighbors of the municipality, the mayor of Móstoles, the popular Esteban Parro, he is sending letters to the neighbors encouraging them to " to live and lead intensely this day " together with Don Felipe and Dona Letizia.
In the letter, to which it has had access Efe, the mayor of Móstoles it informs that it is foreseen that the Princes come to Pradillo's square at twelve o'clock at midday, to go by foot up to the Town hall and to preside at a plenary session of the Municipal Corporation, after greeting the mostoleños from the principal balcony of the Town hall.
An hour later, as it distinguishes itself in the letter, the Princes of Asturias will visit the most ancient and symbolic factory of the locality, Móstoles Industrial, after which they will have lunch in the Hotel The Princess.

The official visit of the Princes to Móstoles - the first one that they take to end in the Community of Madrid since they contracted marriage - will continue in the evening with the inauguration of the residence of major " Móstoles's City ", foreseen for the five.
Later, and following the desire of the Princes to support a direct and nearby contact with the mostoleños, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will go to the Park Estate Liana to close the Trade fair II Móstoles's "Muestramos".

The official visit will finish approximately at seven o'clock in the afternoon with an act in the Theatre of the Forest, as it is reflected in Parro's letter, who declares " consciously of the social importance and national relevancy " that has this official event for his municipality.

Last edited:
They are going to Holland! Cool! Felipe will be surely tired after several hours in plane.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
They are going to Holland! Cool! Felipe will be surely tired after several hours in plane.

The truth is that he has an exhausting activity these days. With the hourly difference the Prince will come to Spain tomorrow, and to a few hours he will go Holland. The Prince is the president of Honor of the Centenary of the Sevilla probably because of it he has wanted to come. The certain thing is that in the next days there are several sports important events.

And what about the match between FC Barcelona and Arsenal? Will the King attend? Surely Ińaki would like to...:)

http://www.atb-e.com/leer_mas.asp?fh=20060509133311&logo=portada&id=

The Princes of Asturias travel to Eindhoven to encourage the Sevilla

MADRID, 9 (ATB AND AGENCIES)
The Princes of Asturias have confirmed their presence in the Dutch city of Eindhoven to represent to the final of the Cup of the UEFA that will dispute the Sevilla and the Middlesbrough in the Phillips Stadion.
From this form, the Prince Felipe and the Princess Letizia, that also the secretary of State will join for the Sport, Jaime Lissavetzky, they will accompany the Andalusian team in the most important game of its centenary history.

http://www.madridpress.com/content/view/11806/

The mayor of Móstoles has asked his neighbours to be "an opened, cosy, and generous people", during the official visit that the Princes of Asturias will pay to the town, next May 16th. Parro announced that letters are being sent to the neighbours encouraging them "to live this historical day".

The visit will last eight hours and it will begin at the Pradillo Square, at noon. From there, the Princes de Asturias will go on foot to the Town Hall, where they will preside over a meeting with the Municipal Corporation and later they will greet the people from the balcony of the Consistorial House.

At 1:00 p.m., Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will visit the "Industrial Móstoles", one of the eldest factories of Móstoles, and later they will go to the Hotel La Princesa, where they will have lunch with the authorities and representatives of the social and cultural life. At lunch, there will be a "sports table", gathering five outstanding sportsmen of the city.

The program will be restarted at 5:00 p.m., with the inauguration of the Residence "Ciudad de Móstoles" and afterwards with the closing session of the Second Fair of Samples, at the Park Finca Liana.

The official visit will conclude around 7:00 p.m., with a reception held at the Teatro del Bosque.

"The heir to the throne has shown a special interest in knowing the economic, social and cultural reality of the city, as well as having a direct contact with the people of Móstoles", said the mayor, who encouraged the Mostoleños "to thank" the visit with a "gigantic, warm and affectionate welcome" and announced that the streets "will be dressed with thousands of flags of Spain and Móstoles ".

http://actualidad.terra.es/provincias/madrid/articulo/principes_madrid_visitaran_fondo_varias_869885.htm

TRH the Princes of Asturias have predicted to make a series of official visits to different localities around Madrid, during the next few days. They won’t be merely institutional visits, but intense journays, in which Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will try to get along with the Madrilenian people and to deepen their knowledge on the reality of each one of these municipalities.

The first of these visits will have Móstoles as destiny and it will take place next Tuesday, 16th. Later, it is predicted that the Princes of Asturias repeat the experience in other localities of the Independent Community of Madrid, like Fuenlabrada, Leganés or Alcala de Henares.

Last edited:
Oh dear, it's a year since we learned that Letizia was pregnant...:eek:

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia218.htm

Letizia and Felipe of lunch with friends

The Princes of Asturias spent an agreeable day in Chinchón, Madrid, together with their friends Konstantin of Bulgaria and Maria García de la Rasilla.

Garments of informal way and very relaxed , the Princes of Asturias spent an agreeable day in Chinchón, a tourist village of Madrid, last 2nd, festively in the whole community of Madrid. Up to there they came in their own vehicle, as the prince of Widin, Konstantin of Bulgaria, and Maria García de la Rasilla, that they were in theirs. The son of Simeón of Bulgaria is one of the best friends of don Felipe. In his wedding he acted of witness.
The Princes did not take with them the small Leonor and decided to make something of tourism and cross the village, famous, between other things, for its gastronomy and its showy major square.

Both couples tasted a relaxed luncheon in the Coffee Iberia, in the Major Plaza of the village, a beautiful house of the famous XVIIIth century for its roasts. On having gone out, many villagers were waiting for the Princes, who also entered a local bakery.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Hola and Diez Minutos:

Last edited:
The picture with little boy and Felipe is precious! He is so affectionate towards kids since becomming father:)

Last edited:
Thanky uo for the photos, I'd have agree with Larzen though,it is a shame that meeting friends for lunch can be such a circus for them.

Little_star said:
Thanky uo for the photos, I'd have agree with Larzen though,it is a shame that meeting friends for lunch can be such a circus for them.

Yes, the truth is that they have difficultly to have a calm life, only it is necessary to remember what happened in Majorca. Now, with Leonor the situation is even more difficult for them, because if this happens with them two alone I do not want to know what would happen if the girl was with them.:eek:

Captures from TVE

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom