Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 2: July - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ariel said:
The web site were i read it is www.confidencialdigital.com (not confidential digital as I wrote in my first email).

In any case, this is the only place where I've read this information. Hopefully it is not true as I think it is not a wise thing to do.
The woman who wrote that is a gossip columnists, so who knows if it's true or not--only time will tell. The only party related stuff I've read about in news sources is that they threw a "thank-you" reception for the people of the Zarzuela staff, the National Patrimony staff and the Royal Guard who partcipated in the planning and organization of their wedding; I also read that they plan to celebrate her birthday tomorrow quietly at home with family. But that's all I've read.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2004/09/14/sociedad/1095163288.html

el confidencial digital is not a very reliable source of information. however, i've also read that in other (more serious) papers. they were planning to do something like that.

I can't recall if this picture was posted but I really like this picture. They both seem so natural and relaxed.

Attachments

• ppe.jpg
    ppe.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 393
The following pics are from the official Casa Real website. I like Letizia's simple and classic style. She plays it safe but looks very stylish nonetheless:

Attachments

• domin13g.jpeg
    domin13g.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 445
  • mexic47g.jpeg
    mexic47g.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 428
  • domin18g.jpeg
    domin18g.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 453
Thanks Balqis for posting those pics..
=====
I always find Letizia elegant whether in formal or in casual.....she does not just jump from one style to another and trying to find her way.....I think she is clear about what she wants and has a great sense of style..

I just read that the trip to the USA is on October 3, but it didn't say for how many days. Their activities will be cultural, and they will visit New Mexico, Washington and New York City.

I also read--from a less reliable source--that they are in the midst of planning official visits to the different Autonomous Regions in Spain.

Balqis said:
The following pics are from the official Casa Real website. I like Letizia's simple and classic style. She plays it safe but looks very stylish nonetheless:
the best royal families are dull and the Spanish Royals know this as no others. (I think I like the Spanish most of all, except when they visit bull fights)

Talking about what someone have already said, the Spanish Royal Family is really down to earth. I think that they're close to their subjects and it's difficult to see (please correct me if I'm wrong) the other royal families acting so relaxed near their grandchildren.

Froilán, Victoria, Juan, Pablo and Miguel seem so normal (who can forget Froilán's behavior at Felipe and Letizia's wedding?) I guess that their upbringing is really normal and they're been educated to act as down to earth as possible, to have a connection to their "subjects", to know what's going on beyond the walls of the palace.

Another thing that I remember reading at the time of the wedding in elmundo, was that, as soon as the protocol was over in the banquet, with the photographers gone and the fun really beginning, was that Cristina and Elena took their shoes off to dance and several guests followed suit. I don't know if this is true or not, but, if it is, it really shows that they're human beings, not different from us.

Inside the wedding, by an invitee - In Spanish

Sorry for the long post

Anna

Last edited:
I agree Anna! I this is one of my favorite royal pictures...show the deep connection to his people.

Attachments

• apnov95.jpg
    apnov95.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 323
Yes, I agree too!! During the funeral, they looked so touched, they even cried!! Some people critisized them for that, because they think they are royals and shouldnt show their emotions. That is not at all how I feel. Yes, they are royals, but first of all they are human beings, and they have feelings like everybody on earth. I think there is no shame to cry in public, not in such occasions as a State funeral!!

Just to say that I think it was good of them to show their emotions, as they were not "fake" ones, it showed how close they are to Spanish people.

Letizia and Felipe attended a wedding today.Sorry for me she doesn´t dress nice today.

Felipe and Letizia today attended the wedding of his paternal cousin BeTRFán Gómez Acebo Borbón married model Laura Ponte today in Segovia, Spain. Letizia wore a dress by Lorenzo Caprile.

Pictures courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB.

(Nice that Felipe's tie seemed to match Letizia's skirt! :) )

Attachments

• felipe letizia-1.jpg
    felipe letizia-1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 489
  • felipe letizia-2.jpg
    felipe letizia-2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 488
I will wait till we can see more pics before I pass my hmmm... "judgement" ;)

My first reaction was WOW, very striking but is it suitable for a wedding? Is this what Spanish ladies wear to a wedding? Can some Spaniards let us know? I do like the fan and the red with black is very daring. I would like to see the pattern on the skirt more.

Last edited:
From a link Mandy posted in the Something New, Old and Blue forum for BeTRFan and Laura's wedding today, last night there was a dinner which Felipe and Letizia attended.

Original Source: Imagine Scandinavia

Attachments

• Party-1.jpg
    Party-1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Party-2.jpg
    Party-2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 478
  • Party-3.jpg
    Party-3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 338
  • Party-4.jpg
    Party-4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 412
  • Party-5.jpg
    Party-5.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Party-6.jpg
    Party-6.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 632
Last edited:
I liked the way she was dressed for the dinner. The wedding, well. I mean, the top and the skirt are both really nice, in my opinion, but wearing themtogether is not a really good idea, it looks kind of dull to me.

Pictures from the GREMB of Felipe and Letizia at Beltran's wedding yesterday. A very good close up of Letizia where you can admire the detailing on her skirt.

Original source: Seegerpress

Attachments

• letty-1.jpg
    letty-1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 287
  • letty-2.jpg
    letty-2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 291
some more

More pics from Letizia and Filipe.

Attachments

• ee.JPG
    ee.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 249
  • q.JPG
    q.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 279
  • r.JPG
    r.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 258
  • t.JPG
    t.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 235
  • u.JPG
    u.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 347
  • y.JPG
    y.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 431

Some more from the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 255
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 210
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 211
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 286
  • e.JPG
    e.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 256
Alexandria said:
Pictures from the GREMB of Felipe and Letizia at BeTRFan's wedding yesterday. A very good close up of Letizia where you can admire the detailing on her skirt.

Original source: Seegerpress
Thanks Alexandria. The embroidery on the skirt is superb. Very beautiful. I love it. Really great outfit. Not everyone's cup of tea I would imagine, but it's definitely very striking and fitting look for a Spanish princess.

a close-up of letizia
I thought she looked very feminine

Attachments

• 127640.jpg
    127640.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 309
I've been looking at all these photos that have been posted from this weekend and all I keep thinking is that Letizia is a very sexy woman. Perhaps not a word we often associate with a princess, but there it is. She is very sexy. And together they make such a handsome couple.

lucys said:
I've been looking at all these photos that have been posted from this weekend and all I keep thinking is that Letizia is a very sexy woman. Perhaps not a word we often associate with a princess, but there it is. She is very sexy. And together they make such a handsome couple.
Interesting points, Lucys. I have to agree with you on Letizia's "sexiness". From the video link that I posted above you can see it in the way she walks, hard to describe but she does walk languidly and with grace. LOL when you compare Letizia's walk to the bride of the day, Laura Ponte, it's so striking. I was shocked to see a professional model walk the way she did. It wasn't graceful at all.

http://media.eresmas.com/biblioteca/img/quemedices/R2-06-393.jpg
http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/previewdir/12/127818.jpg?20040920095101
http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/previewdir/12/127817.jpg?20040920095101
http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/previewdir/12/127851.jpg?20040920095101

Some upcoming activities I've read about for Felipe and Letizia:
Tomorrow they will be in Galicia; they will visit Santiago de Compostela and Vigo.
Sunday (Sept. 26) they attend the closing ceremonies for the Forum in Barcelona.
Tuesday (Sept. 28) they open a new Biomedical Laboratory in Pamplona and make an official visit to the town of Viana (they are Princes of Viana as well as Asturias).
They start their trip to the USA on October 3

Thanks for the wonderful pics and for the information.
I just like see Letizia wear more gala dress with tiaras and more. The very few time that she wear them she look amaizing.

Hello article featuring Felipe and Letizia at the wedding.

SOURCE

FELIPE AND LETIZIA ATTEND SPAIN'S SOCEITY WEDDING OF THE YEAR

20 SEPTEMBER 2004

Crown Prince Felipe and his wife Princess Letizia were amongst more than 500 guests who flocked to Spain's society wedding of the summer on Saturday to see one of the country's best-known models, Laura Ponte, tie the knot with King Juan Carlos' nephew, Beltran Gomez-Acebo y Borbon.

Princess Letiza, who has rapidly become a local style icon since her May wedding to the crown prince, showed Spanish flair in a red Lorenzo Caprile skirt and black bodice top. Her handsome husband was decidedly dashing in dark tails with a crimson tie, which made a perfect match with the princess' ensemble.

Also on the guest list for the wedding, held in Segovia's La Granja palace, a one-time royal retreat, were King Juan Carlos, whose sister Doña Pilar is mother of the groom, as well as an elegant Queen Sofia.

The royal roster was rounded out by Felipe's two sisters, Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina – accompanied by their husbands – and a close friend of both Beltran and Prince Felipe, Crown Prince Haakon of Norway.

Picture:
Felipe and Letizia chose coordinated outfits - the princess' by her preferred designer, Lorenzo Caprile - for the high profile occasion

Last edited:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom