Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 2: July - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GrandDuchess, thanks for posting these. What a very beautiful, fresh, feminine outfit. I think this is one of my favorites. Simply gorgeous, delicate, elegant. And the bag is great too.

ILoveCristina said:
Do Felipe and Letizia live in Madrid or in Asturias?

They live in Madrid in the house that Felipe built a couple of years ago on El Pardo where the King and Queen's palace La Zarzuela is also located along with El Palacio El Pardo.

handsome guy

Felipe is so handsome without a beard. I'm glad the beard is gone!

Felipe looks really handsome:) .Here are some more pics of them.

Attachments

• 51259006.jpg
    51259006.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 51259026.jpg
    51259026.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 278
i didn't like the white outfit too much, but this light blue skirt she wore in panama and also once before in one of her first engagements as princess of asturias, in the pic alexandria posted, is just nice... a really lovely style.

I just loved that white outfit--I thought it was gorgeous and extraordinarily elegant.

Tomorrow they fly to Hungary for a three day official visit. And I think Saturday is the wedding of Felipe's cousin Beltran to the model Laura Ponte. Her dress should be interesting, she wears very avante guarde clothing.

ennyllorac said:
They live in Madrid in the house that Felipe built a couple of years ago on El Pardo where the King and Queen's palace La Zarzuela is also located along with El Palacio El Pardo.
Do you have any pics of this house? I know, I'm a phtoto-fan, but I can't help it, I like to see EVERYTHING!! Actually, I'm quite new to this "royalty world", if IN can call it like that, (I became interested in royalty not long ago), so I don't know a lot of things about royals...

Felipe and Letizia's most romantic pics (Hola)

I finally managed to save the Hola pictures!! I find them so sweet, especially the one where Letizia has her head on Felipe's shoulder!!

Attachments

• ppes_carinosos7a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos7a.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 712
  • ppes_carinosos10a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos10a.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 662
  • ppes_carinosos9a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos9a.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 626
  • ppes_carinosos8a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos8a.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 726
  • ppes_carinosos6a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos6a.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 697
  • ppes_carinosos5b.jpg
    ppes_carinosos5b.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 724
  • ppes_carinosos4a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos4a.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 744
  • ppes_carinosos3a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos3a.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 682
  • ppes_carinosos2a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos2a.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 790
  • ppes_carinosos1a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos1a.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 726
and other ones :

Attachments

• ppes_carinosos13a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos13a.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 386
  • ppes_carinosos20a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos20a.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 331
  • ppes_carinosos19a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos19a.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 344
  • ppes_carinosos18a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos18a.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 456
  • ppes_carinosos17a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos17a.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 282
  • ppes_carinosos16a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos16a.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 353
  • ppes_carinosos15a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos15a.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 352
  • ppes_carinosos14a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos14a.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 369
  • ppes_carinosos12a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos12a.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 643
  • ppes_carinosos11a.jpg
    ppes_carinosos11a.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 326
and one last one I really love these photos!!

Attachments

• principes-asturias1b.jpg
    principes-asturias1b.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 355
Tomorrow is six months since the terrorist attacks in Madrid, so today Felipe and Letizia went to visit the emergency unit that was closest to Atocha station and did the brunt of the emregency work.

1094799706_0.jpg

Wire images has a gallery of photos: http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls=1=16==75658&nbc1=1

On a more superficial topic--someone asked about the color of her eyes. Her eye color is just like my mother's--also a green-eyed Spaniard--they are green, but depending on the light or the clothing can appear more hazel. But they are green.

Last edited:
At one picture you can see that Letizia's engagement ring is in white gold and her wedding ring is in yellow gold. I really don't like that combination :(

lucys said:
Tomorrow is six months since the terrorist attacks in Madrid, so today Felipe and Letizia went to visit the emergency unit that was closest to Atocha station and did the brunt of the emregency work.

Wire images has a gallery of photos: http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls=1=16==75658&nbc1=1

On a more superficial topic--someone asked about the color of her eyes. Her eye color is just like my mother's--also a green-eyed Spaniard--they are green, but depending on the light or the clothing can appear more hazel. But they are green.
Another pic...
ppies.jpg

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
More pictures from today's occasion.

Photos: Seegerpress

Attachments

• today-00123668.jpg
    today-00123668.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 232
  • today-00123669.jpg
    today-00123669.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 238
  • today-00123670.jpg
    today-00123670.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 264
  • today-00123671.jpg
    today-00123671.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 227
  • today-00123672.jpg
    today-00123672.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 269
  • today-00123673.jpg
    today-00123673.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 242
These are great pics. In my opinion, Letizia looks much more healthy since the last few days.

Cissan said:
At one picture you can see that Letizia's engagement ring is in white gold and her wedding ring is in yellow gold. I really don't like that combination :(
I think it's ok. Actually, I love her engagement ring!! The wedding ring is an ordinary one, but I don't have a problem with the combination, since the two rings are not worn on the same hand. If they were, I would not like it at all either!!

ILoveCristina said:
...The wedding ring is an ordinary one...

You may enjoy the story behind their wedding rings.

In Asturias there is a town in the mountains in which the men of the town continue to sift for gold in the rivers by hand, the same way it was done back in Roman times. When it was announced that the Prince was to be married, and to a woman from Asturias, they offered to sift for the gold for the wedding bands. And so they did. Tiny piece by tiny piece the men in the town collected enough gold for the rings and the Prince and Princess of Asturias wear today wedding bands made from gold from the rivers of Asturias and hand picked by Asturianos.

lucys said:

In Asturias there is a town in the mountains in which the men of the town continue to sift for gold in the rivers by hand, the same way it was done back in Roman times. When it was announced that the Prince was to be married, and to a woman from Asturias, they offered to sift for the gold for the wedding bands. And so they did. Tiny piece by tiny piece the men in the town collected enough gold for the rings and the Prince and Princess of Asturias wear today wedding bands made from gold from the rivers of Asturias and hand picked by Asturianos.
That's such a great story lucys. The more anecdotes I hear about this couple the more I am moved by their relationship and the story behind it.

I read a lot of complaints and comparisons back in May about how Frederik's wedding speech to Mary was so much more romantic and personal and about them, whereas Felipe's wedding speech to Letizia was more about Spain and all the work they were going to do for the country. Even if that was the case, when you consider all the little personal touches, such as this wedding ring story, you realize that Felipe and Letizia's wedding was just as romantic and about them as much as Frederik and Mary's wedding was -- just in a different, indirect way.

Alexandria said:
That's such a great story lucys. The more anecdotes I hear about this couple the more I am moved by their relationship and the story behind it.

I read a lot of complaints and comparisons back in May about how Frederik's wedding speech to Mary was so much more romantic and personal and about them, whereas Felipe's wedding speech to Letizia was more about Spain and all the work they were going to do for the country. Even if that was the case, when you consider all the little personal touches, such as this wedding ring story, you realize that Felipe and Letizia's wedding was just as romantic and about them as much as Frederik and Mary's wedding was -- just in a different, indirect way.
I was not "online" at the time so I can't speak for the discussions, but I think the difference in their speeches simply speaks to the different expectations each country has from each Prince, and why it is silly to make all these comparisons between the two couples. If Felipe had not mentioned Spain a single time in his address--as I believe that Frederik did not mention Denmark--the reaction in Spain would have been stupification bordering on outrage, it would have been seen as a sign that he was self-indulgent and not serious about his duty. As it is, I was in Spain at the time of the wedding and his words were universally admired and many people felt as though they had really heard him for the first time, so to speak. It is true that much of what he said seemed to be on behalf of both of them and spoke about the commitment they had made with Spain and the Spanish people (our commitment today transcends the personal, were his words); I found that quite appropriate for the man who will be King. Nevertheless, those words that were directly too Letizia were very beautiful.

In short, I don't belive these comparisons have any validity, they are very different couples and each of them have such different expectations to meet.

And the wedding itself was filled with so many beautiful and moving symbolisms. For example, both the dress and the mantilla she wore, which was a gift from Felipe to his bride, were embroidered with the image of wheat and her boquet had fresh wheat as part of the adornment. Why wheat? Wheat is not only one of the symbols on Prince Felipe's crest, but it is also the symbol of fertility and hope. Letizia's name means fertility, hope, joy. There were many such beautiful details.

I've always believed that while a song sung to the four winds is moving in its own way, something that is not song to the four winds, but whispered, is also profound and moving, but in its own way.

Last edited:
Letizia is a photogenic princess...beautiful lady. From the some of photos above, Felipe and Letizia looked as very romantic and happy couple.

lucys said:

actually, the gold in their rings isn't the one from asturias.
oh, and the town is called navelgas.

galuhcandrakirana said:
Letizia is a photogenic princess...beautiful lady. From the some of photos above, Felipe and Letizia looked as very romantic and happy couple.
Yes, she is photogenic. Actually, I think all the Crown Princess (Mathilde, Maxima, Mette Marit, Mary and Letizia) are all photogenic.

bridal-groom shower party?

I've read in a web site (confidential digital) that Felipe and Letizia are planning to give a party to their closest friends, it will be a post bridal/groom shower party, "post" as they already got married and the original party was cancelled because of the 11-m mourning period. Is this true?

Ariel said:
bridal-groom shower party?

I've read in a web site (confidential digital) that Felipe and Letizia are planning to give a party to their closest friends, it will be a post bridal/groom shower party, "post" as they already got married and the original party was cancelled because of the 11-m mourning period. Is this true?
I never read it anywhere, so I can't say whether it is true or not... Of course, I knew the original party was canceled, and I think it was really nice of them... Letizia especially seemed so "touched" by what happened on 11-m!!

The web site were i read it is www.confidencialdigital.com (not confidential digital as I wrote in my first email).

In any case, this is the only place where I've read this information. Hopefully it is not true as I think it is not a wise thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom