Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 2: July - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it has been told that they willl be there. however, i also read that because of security reasons the king will only stay 1 day, so i think the princes will do the same.

Originally posted by carlota@Jul 27th, 2004 - 1:06 pm
today it was said that maybe she is expecting TWINS! :shock:
:wacko: Oh brother. I guess now that they are married, expectations for a future heir are high and escalating each and every day.

Let the rumour mill begin.

Instead of twins, I will start the rumour that Letizia is expecting sextuplets, 5 of whom will be boys to definitely ensure a male and four spares. :p

about the majorcan residence of felipe and letizia

Felipe y Letizia disfrutan de su residencia en Mallorca
Los Príncipes estrenan casita en la playa
Según se rumorea, los Príncipes podrían estar esperando su primer hijo

La Princesa de Asturias, que según recientes rumores podría estar embarazada, se ha librado de tener que pasar sus primeras vacaciones de verano con su marido en casa de los suegros. Eso sí, no los tiene muy lejos. Y es que Son Vent (que significa sol y viento), el palacete recién reformado bajo supervisión personal de la Reina para que se aloje la pareja, está a unos cien metros del palacio de Marivent, la residencia habitual de la Familia Real en Mallorca.

El complejo borbónico lo completan otros dos chalets, ocupados por las Infantas desde hace cuatro años, y una villa para invitados de 70 m2, que podría recibir la visita de Erika o Telma, las hermanas de Letizia.

El principal objetivo de la reforma ha sido incrementar la seguridad del recinto, para lo que se ha instalado una batería antiaérea capaz de derribar aviones. También quieren mantener a los paparazzi a raya. ¡Hasta cuándo tendremos que esperar para ver a la Princesa en biquini! Y es que la casa, con una escalinata de dos brazos que conduce a la puerta principal, está rodeada por un enorme muro rematado por una alambrada de tres metros de altura, para ahuyentar a los aspirantes a spiderman.

Estilo mallorquín
Los 500 m2 del interior se reparten en dos plantas y una torre-buhardilla, con ocho
habitaciones, tres cuartos de baño, comedor, un amplio salón, cocina y una biblioteca. A los 412.000 E que se ha gastado el Gobierno balear en la reforma del palacete hay
que añadir otros 250.000 euros invertidos en mobiliario, entre el que predomina el estilo mallorquín. Además, y para que tengan siempre la ropa a punto por si surgen viajes imprevistos, los responsables del equipamiento han montado un moderno sistema de lavandería que incluso ha obligado a incrementar la potencia de la red eléctrica.

Pese a estas comodidades, el matrimonio pasa casi todo el día en alta mar. Mientras el príncipe Felipe compite en la Copa del Rey de Vela a bordo del CAM, Letizia ve los toros desde la barrera muy bien acompañada por su familia política.

Así es ‘Son Vent’
La finca está situada entre las rocas, sobre el embarcadero donde está atracado el yate real Fortuna, en la estación naval de Porto Pi.
- 1.200 m2 de terreno
- 500 m2 construidos
- 8 dormitorios
- 3 cuartos de baño
- Piscina de 60 m2
- 412.000 E ha costado la reforma
- 250.000 E es el precio del mobiliario

Sus adorables vecinos

¿Qué serían unas vacaciones en familia sin que la tropa de sobrinos dé la lata a todas horas? Felipe y Letizia tienen a los suyos muy cerca, porque a pocos metros de su casa están los pabellones donde se alojan las Infantas con los cuñadísimos y los niños. Menos mal que la abuela echa una mano…

We are not likely to ever see a public smooch on the lips between these two very private people, but some gestures caught by the camera are sure to make the romantic in you just go ahh!!! Like this one: during yesterday's Regatta Felipe blows his wife a kiss as he passes her boat.
http://www.elperiodico.com/EDICION/ED040809/CAS/FOTOS/VERANO/CARP07/f006zh01.jpg

At the awards ceremony:
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00121974.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00121981.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00121975.jpg

felipe and letizia will be present in the change of president of republica dominicana and panama this month.

A rather cute photo...;)
www.corbis.com
Spanish Crown Prince Felipe and wife Princess Letizia Ortiz confer during the award ceremony of the 23th 'Copa del Rey' in Palma de Mallorca
Original caption: Spanish Crown Prince Felipe (L) and his wife Princess Letizia Ortiz confer during the award ceremony of the 23th 'Copa del Rey' in Palma de Mallorca late August 8, 2004. The Spanish royal family are holiday in Mallorca.
1clearpx.gif
© DANI CARDONA/Reuters/Corbis

Last edited by a moderator:
Julia said:
These two seem very private about their relationship and their "intimacy". We really know very little about their courtship and such--and I suspect this is the closest we will ever see to a public kiss on the lips. Maybe it's just me, but in todays overly demonstrative society I find that preservation of their intimacy, that unwillingness to make a spectacle of their love, quite beautiful.

lucys said:
These two seem very private about their relationship and their "intimacy". We really know very little about their courtship and such--and I suspect this is the closest we will ever see to a public kiss on the lips. Maybe it's just me, but in todays overly demonstrative society I find that preservation of their intimacy, that unwillingness to make a spectacle of their love, quite beautiful.

I agree wholeheartedly lucys. I have so much respect for the fact that Felipe and Letizia have kept much of their courtship private and that in public, while they are certainly affectionate with one another, they are not hanging off of one another or drooling and fawning over each other like teenagers in a major crush. I think it demonstrates a respect they have for the privacy of their relationship and its private sanctity to them.

In this age when everyone has written a tell all and is quick to share the intimate and private details of their lives, I have such admiration for two people who obviously don't do that, and in fact, do the opposite. (Ironic since Letizia was previously part of a business that delved and probed exactly into these kind of personal issues and private matters.)

I know that when I was covering September 11 for my news publication it was always the hardest for me to ask about people's private lives and how they were feeling, but my editor would always push me to do so because he insisted that that's what people wanted to know: the intimate details of a relationship that was now lost.

Returned from Santo Domingo, apparently Felipe and Letizia surprised everyone (i.e., photographers) and showed up where no one was looking for them--back in Palma. Nevertheless, one photographer did manage to snap a few shots as they took a leisurely walk through Palma, bought some pasteries, did some window shopping and greeted those who approached them. I can't seem to post all of Hola's pictures--here are the previews.

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2004/08/19/ppes_mallorca/imgs/ppes_mallorca3b.jpg
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2004/08/19/ppes_mallorca/imgs/ppes_mallorca2b.jpg
http://www.ultimahora.es/db-bin/ehsql.cgi?get_bulk+uh_db+Articulos+foto1+1635

I just saw the Hola article and was on my way to post it here. They look so happy and relaxed!

RE: Photo of "cute" pic of Felipe and Letizia

Alexandria said:
I agree wholeheartedly lucys. I have so much respect for the fact that Felipe and Letizia have kept much of their courtship private and that in public, while they are certainly affectionate with one another, they are not hanging off of one another or drooling and fawning over each other like teenagers in a major crush. I think it demonstrates a respect they have for the privacy of their relationship and its private sanctity to them.

In this age when everyone has written a tell all and is quick to share the intimate and private details of their lives, I have such admiration for two people who obviously don't do that, and in fact, do the opposite. (Ironic since Letizia was previously part of a business that delved and probed exactly into these kind of personal issues and private matters.)

I know that when I was covering September 11 for my news publication it was always the hardest for me to ask about people's private lives and how they were feeling, but my editor would always push me to do so because he insisted that that's what people wanted to know: the intimate details of a relationship that was now lost.
Alexandrina ~ I have the exact thoughts about these two, except you described it much better than I could have!! You do have a 'nack' for saying 'just the right thing'. At the wedding and the banquet after the wedding, they were totally modest when they shared "kisses" on each other's cheeks ~ and, that made me feel as though their "serious kisses and/or emotions" are relegated to "behind closed doors". Plus, I just love the way he seems to listen and talk with her in public ~ as though he's really interested in what she has to say and appears to want to help her through tedious engagements. "Some husbands" and/or "princes" might not show that kind of respect in front of the press, but obviously, Felipe does, and he deserves my "kudos" for being so understanding and polite with his wife. May it continue throughout their lifetimes!

isn't the spanish court etiquette the most strickt of all?
That must play a part in how they behave in public, and it might coinscidently be how they prefer things to be.

I have just seen some pictures of Felipe and Letizia from Glittering Royal Events Message Board.The pictures told that Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia are continuing their vacation.So,will they attend?

it actually is... :)
i wonder if letizia knows mary has wore it...

I just read an article in a sunday magazine from Spain about paparazzi in Mallorca. It said that this summer the going rate for a photo of Letizia in a bikini or Felipe and Letizia caught in a "moment of passion" was 600.000 Euros!

yes, that's true. some photographers said that the image of this summer in spain would be the one of letizia in swim suit. that's why letizia said she always wears shorts and pants in the regatas or when they go out for a walk, which is a something stupid: the more you wait, they'll become more impatient and will try to make photos of her in bikini unless it's the last they make in their whole lives... she would better treat being in bikini as the most normal thing... then people would lost interest.

carlota said:
yes, that's true. some photographers said that the image of this summer in spain would be the one of letizia in swim suit. that's why letizia said she always wears shorts and pants in the regatas or when they go out for a walk, which is a something stupid: the more you wait, they'll become more impatient and will try to make photos of her in bikini unless it's the last they make in their whole lives... she would better treat being in bikini as the most normal thing... then people would lost interest.

You want to see her wearing bikini in the regatas or walking in the streets ? Was she a bikini model ? The paparrazis so far didn't have the luck to catch her in bikini in the sea like they did with Infanta Cristina, it doesn't mean she hadn't been wearing it at all.

Last edited:
Actually, what Letizia said was that she always wore the same thing to the regattas in hopes that the photographers would get tired of the snapping the same picture day in and day out and thus give her and the people on the boat with her some space. I read that on the first day of the regattas there were six boats of photographers following the boat she was on.

oh this is the freshest rumor of the moment :) what tabloid is the source of this?

electrivicki said:
In Spain everybody knows Letizia is the new Lady Di...The spanish royals hate her...so,she has to visit her family in Asturias on holidays.

Bad times for Letizia!

This girl is lost. She is one off the people that have no respect for anyone.She is always in the letiziaortizonline forum where they only put bath thinks about letizia.Averythink there is a ly.Please don't give here credit.About Letizia and felipe going to asturias is that they went to holidays a few days with letizia's grandma.And in asturias they want to give theme a home for holydays .But in mallorca they are already worry if felipe and letizia are thinking to change mallorca for asturias.I think that only felipe and letizia are the one that had to decide where they spent there holidays.Maybe because they are prins and princess off asturias they wont to go there and help promoto that country.Here i put the article i translate it to inglish.Love from holland.

Majorca fears that the Princes end up spending the summer in Asturias the little presence of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia in the island feeds the speculations on a change of residence Majorca/Oviedo Majorca fears that Princes de Asturias transfer their summery residence of Are Vent, in the complex of Marivent, to the Principality. The Royal Family has been enjoying the Majorcan summer for more than thirty years. This summer has brought forth with force in average digitalises the possibility that Don Felipe de Borbón and its wife, Doña Letizia Ortiz, they are thinking about changing the Mediterranean rest by the Cantabrian. This possibility, that still it moves in the land of the speculation, is based on the little presence of the Princes in the Balearic island during the last weeks and in the discreet movements that the Asturian Government is making to offer a residence to the Princes. "the Newspaper of Majorca" was made echo in its edition of the last Sunday of some information arisen in the last days, according to which to the Prince, once married, it desires more to him to fix new courses for his rests. Presence in Asturias and although the complex of Marivent counts on the residence of Are Vent for its personal benefit, a house of 650 square meters constructed, with four plants, swimming pool, garden and views to the sea that the Balearic Government gave to the Royal Family in September of 1999, its wedding with Asturian Doña Letizia Ortiz seems to have changed its preferences or at least it has extended them. The certain thing is that to Don Felipe it throws Asturias more and more to him. Its presence no longer is limited the delivery of the prizes that grants the Foundation that takes its name. And the last visit from the Princes to the region, during the second week of August, in whom they returned to stay itself in the house of the grandparents of the Princess in Sardéu, has ignited some alarms in Majorca. And it is that from some means one thinks that during this trip the own Princes could have visited some house to spend the summer. According to the Balearic newspaper, the Principality shuffles a list of six residences that could compete with Are Vent, but the Government who presides over Vicente Alvarez Areces has two despicable stumbling blocks not at all: all the analyzed villas are private and to acquire would suppose them a cost elevated for the public coffers.

http://www.lne.es/secciones/sociedad/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=202806&pIndiceNoticia=7&

it's not like that. there is people in spain who like letizia and there are others who don't. most of the people who don't post in letiziaortizonline.com, but that doesn't mean there isn't people there who don't like her.
as for asturias and majorca, letizia went with felipe to sardeu and they also went together to majorca.
i don't think the spanish royals hate her, what's your source to say that?

This reminds me of the Alexandra and Mary don't get along threads. It's all just people spreading rumours and bad wishes--I am sure electrivicki is quite satisfied to see us even reacting to her post. But hey--Karma always comes back to get you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom