Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 15: February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carlota said:
by the way, elsa: in your article it's not jam, but ham what they are talking about. jam= marmelade, ham = jamon.
:D :D :D I was so tired, that I made a fusion of Spanish (jamón) and English (ham)... the rusult was jam... which is also tasteful... Sorry for that.

Considering the strange things that happens when one is pregnant and also shortly thereafter it sounded completeley plausible with a plate of jam.

grevinnan said:
Considering the strange things that happens when one is pregnant and also shortly thereafter it sounded completeley plausible with a plate of jam.

The ham is very good.:rolleyes:

The topic of the ham has a explanation. The pregnant women cannot eat ham (neither other similar products) because they can produce a disease that in Spanish is called "toxoplasmosis", not how it calls in English. Therefore it is normal that shewanted to eat a bit of ham.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/principes_andalucia_donana_746120.htm

The Princes in Andalusia, in support of the companies and Doñana

The Princes of Asturias will dedicate tomorrow, Wednesday, Andalusia to support with theirpresence the companies of the Canpo de Gibraltar and Doñana, one of the most important natural reserves of Spain, declared reserve of the Biosphere for the UNESCO.
Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will inaugurate in the morning the new headquarters of the Official Chamber of Trade, Industry and Navigation of the Campo de Gibraltar, located in Algeciras (Cadiz), and in the evening the Days II on sustainable development, in Almonte (Huelva).

lula said:
The ham is very good.:rolleyes:

The topic of the ham has a explanation. The pregnant women cannot eat ham (neither other similar products) because they can produce a disease that in Spanish is called "toxoplasmosis", not how it calls in English. Therefore it is normal that shewanted to eat a bit of ham.
Pregnant woman shouldn't eat ham?!:eek: Really? I have never heard that, it's very interesting. And I thought toxoplasmosis is caused by cats and it can be dangerous for the non-born babies.

Toxoplasmosis is caused by infected cat's feces or by eating contaminated raw or partly cooked meat, by touching your hands to your mouth after handling undercooked meat.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Contaminating food with knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw meat.[/FONT] Also Salad, not pealed fruits or not cooked vegetables. Also uncooked ham, the reason is because those can be infected with the parasite that produces the illness.

Pregnant women who are not inmune against this, need to take many precautions like eating cooked ham, cooked meat, having other person to clean cat's litter or using gloves. Desinfecting salads, with special solutions, etc.

Last edited:
I don't know why some people tend to comment on Letizia's 'strong facial features'. I think she's top model material.

hofburg said:
I don't know why some people tend to comment on Letizia's 'strong facial features'. I think she's top model material.

Why do you think she´s a top model material?

Ariel said:
Toxoplasmosis is caused by infected cat's feces or by eating contaminated raw or partly cooked meat, by touching your hands to your mouth after handling undercooked meat.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Contaminating food with knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw meat.[/FONT] Also Salad, not pealed fruits or not cooked vegetables. Also uncooked ham, the reason is because those can be infected with the parasite that produces the illness.

Pregnant women who are not inmune against this, need to take many precautions like eating cooked ham, cooked meat, having other person to clean cat's litter or using gloves. Desinfecting salads, with special solutions, etc.
Thanks Ariel for an explanation.:)

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20060221205040&tabID=1&ch=66

The Princes of Asturias will inaugurate in Santiago the National V Congreso of Agrarian Cooperative societies

SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA, 21 Feb. (EUROPE PRESS)-

The Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia, will inaugurate close on March 2 and 3 the National V Congreso of Agrarian Cooperative societies that will take place in Conference hall of Santiago de Compostela and that will assemble more than 1.000 delegates proceeding from 17 Autonomic Federations and referees of national and international prestige.

hofburg said:

I don't think strong facial features are a bad thing. Actually models do have very strong facial features. Having pronounced cheek bones is considered to be good as well as a defined chin. Letizia is very pretty (she has a beautiful smile) but IMO don't consider her top model material. :rolleyes:

soCal girl said:
I don't think strong facial features are a bad thing. Actually models do have very strong facial features. Having pronounced cheek bones is considered to be good as well as a defined chin. Letizia is very pretty (she has a beautiful smile) but IMO don't consider her top model material. :rolleyes:

She's waaay too short to be a supermodel, what's she, 5'5 maybe? very short next to Felipe who's at least 6'3, a supermodel should be at least 5'11 - 6' to get a catwalk job no matter how beautiful.

Well, perhaps she doesn't hve the height for a supermodel, she certainly have the looks and figure for one!

She's a recent mother of 1 and she has a figure better than most single women!!! And her million dollar smile - WOW!!!

I find her facial features wonderful.

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060222/prensa/noticias/Nacional/Nacional/200602/22/NAC-NAC-025.asp

From the Campo of Gibraltar to the Rocío passing for Doñana

Princes of Asturias will travel today to Algeciras and later they will go to Almonte, where before returning to Madrid they will venerate the Queen of the Marshes with one "salve rociera".

ALGECIRAS. A deeply Andalusian day waits today to Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias. The first appointment will be in Algeciras (Cadiz), where they will inaugurate the new headquarters of the Chamber of Trade, Industry and Navigation of the Campo of Gibraltar, a modern building of placed crystal closely together of the coast, with the Crag to the fund. The Chamber groups to more than twelve thousand companies of the municipalities of Algeciras, The Neighborhoods, Linea de lat Concepcion, San Roque and Tarifa many of which support their activity in the port that connects Europe with Africa.
From there, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will move to Almonte (Huelva), one of fourteen municipalities that integrate Doñana's park, to take part in the International Days II on Sustainable Development: society, company and sostenibilidad.
(...)
But the most awaited appointment is, undoubtedly someone, the moment in which the Princes visit the Virgin of the Rocio, who from the last August 19 is in the parish of Almonte's Asuncion.

http://www.huelvainformacion.es/huelvainformacion/articulo.asp?idart=2486449&idcat=26

Huelva. The Princes of Asturias are going to visit this evening the Virgin of Rocío the in the parish of Our Lady of Almonte's Asuncion, where the image is from the last August.
This visit will take plac after they inaugurate the II Days on Sustainable Development in the International Center of Studies and Ecological and Environmental Conventions (Ciecema) in the municipality almonteño.
These Days are organized by the Foundation Doñana 21 and the Council of Environment of the Meeting of Andalusia. In this respect, the president of the Foundation, Luis Atienza, showed his satisfaction for the interest showed by the Royal House in the elaboration of the Plan II of Doñana's Sustainable Development.

Letizia is certainly very beautiful. Felipe adores her!!!
Do you know how she spends her day when she does not have any official duties?
Her relations with Elena and Christina are good?

Cristina was said to be, along with Ińaki, the first one who accepted Letizia as Felipe's future wife. But know I dare say she has a great relationship with Elena, they are always very appacionate towards each other.:)

It is a great thing to have good relationships with your family in law. For Letizia can be also a great help to have the support and friendships of the infantas. Elena lives in Madrid so they probably see each other more often.

The Princes inaugurate the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Navigation of the Campo de Gibraltar

22/02/06 CanalSur News
Prince de Asturias today emphasized in Algeciras the paper of the Chambers of Commerce to obtain that the companies are more competitive in the world-wide scene, "thus contributing to a greater creation of use and wealth".
Don Felipe, accompanied by Princess de Asturias, inaugurated this morning in Algeciras the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Navigation of the Field of Gibraltar, in his second visit to this region, although accompanied for the first time by its wife.
To their arrival to endorse to the enterprise sector of Andalusia, hundreds of citizens vitorearon to the Princes with alive to Spain and to Infant Leonor, while they were received by the president of the Meeting of Andalusia, local Manuel Chaves, and other authorities.

http://www.rtva.es/Informativos/-ArchivoNoticias/2006/02.Febrero/22/220206-po-002-LHU.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom