Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 14: October 2005 - Feb. 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20060129/NOTICIA211402366.html

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias and Girona, Don Felipe de Borbón and Dona Letizia Ortiz, will preside next Tuesday at the Show with which Mundo Deportivo will commemorate its Centenary. It will be the central act of a historical year for our diary, which on Wednesday, the 1st of February, it will celebrate its first 100 years of life. Precisely the arrival to the Show of this historical diary on wednesday will put final point to an act loaded with emotions and led by the presence of a wide group of sportsmen/sportswomen of the first level. The Show, which will be celebrated in the incomparable frame of Catalunya's Palau of Congressos and which possesses Repsol's YPF sponsorship , will be the first official act to which Dona Letizia Ortiz comes since there gave to light to Her Royal Highness the Infanta Leonor, last October 31, which helps to heighten the historical transcendency of the appointment.

Between the assistants to the act, that will have almost 1,000 guests, special protagonism for the sportsmen.

In addition to the great protagonists of this history, who are not other that the sportsmen who have filled to our pages with you develop, the Centenary will count on the presence of an ample representation of the political class, leaders of the sport and civil society of our country.

And they will enjoy the supper served by another great crack: Ferran Adrià, one of the great world-wide cooks, whose restaurant, "El Bulli", in Roses, counts on three Michelin stars, the maximum distinction that this prestigious French international guide grants.

At what time this event will happen? I gather it'll be an evening event since the articles are referring to it as a "Gala", meaning a formal dinner. Is that right?

Anna_R said:
At what time this event will happen? I gather it'll be an evening event since the articles are referring to it as a "Gala", meaning a formal dinner. Is that right?

21.00 Spanish hour. Not if the "Gala" will be a formal dinner, or how it will be, ... I do not believe that it is of long dress, this type of acts are little habitual in Spain, the truth. We will already see tonight.;)

lula said:
21.00 Spanish hour. Not if the "Gala" will be a formal dinner, or how it will be, ... I do not believe that it is of long dress, this type of acts are little habitual in Spain, the truth. We will already see tonight.;)

Thank you for clarifying Lula. It'll be like the dinner for the Cerecedo Awards? They'll be dressed up formally but not in long dresses or tiara...

For keeping up to date with the time in Spain, here's the link:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_ES.aspx

The event will happen in 4 hours...

Anna_R said:
Thank you for clarifying Lula. It'll be like the dinner for the Cerecedo Awards? They'll be dressed up formally but not in long dresses or tiara...

For keeping up to date with the time in Spain, here's the link:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_ES.aspx

The event will happen in 4 hours...

I don´t know as it is with exactitude, it will depend on the etiquette in to dress that it is required the invitation... but tiaras will not have surely;)

i think the same as lula said, actually it's not really common to have this kind of events in spain. and yes, i reckon it will be more or less as in the cerecedo awards, no long dresses, no big jewels but smartly dressed.
i cant wait :) to see letizia back.

I really would like to see long dresses, I nowk is no ussual, but could happen

http://www.finanzas.com/id.8955971/noticias/noticia.htm

VALENCIA, 31 (EUROPE PRESS). - The princes of Asturias, Don Felipe de Borbón and Doña Letizia Ortiz, will inaugurate the 24 edition of the Hall the International Ceramics, Equipment of Bath, Raw materials, Fried and Machinery (Cevisama), as well as the Hall the International the Natural Stone (Marble), that will be celebrated in Valencia Fair from the 7 to the 11 of February, according to confirmed the director of Cevisama today, Daniel Roldán, in the press conference in which he presented the contest.

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20060131192714&tabID=1&ch=66

ALGECIRAS (CADIZ), 31 Ene. (EUROPE PRESS) - the Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, will visit Algeciras (Cadiz) next the 22 of February in the occasion of the celebration of the Centenary of the Conference of this municipality and the creation of the Work Meeting of the Port. According to an official notice sent to Europe Press by the Consistorio algecireño, the mayor, Tomás Herrera (PSOE), announced the visit of Princes de Asturias in the course of the ordinary Plenary session celebrated this morning.

They were showing some shots from this "gala" in Telediario (TVE). Letizia looks really nice, is wearing something black and has curly hair (not loose, but not in the bun either, so sth in the middle:))

http://www.diariodigitalagrario.net/versiones/rc2/articulo2.asp?id=27449

CCAE will celebrate Cooperativismo Agrario's National V Congreso next 2nd and 3rd of March in Santiago de Compostela, that under the motto " Sharing Opportunities " it will try to affect and to encourage to the Spanish cooperative societies to take to end processes of integration and intercooperation as principal instruments to adapt to the requirements of a market increasingly included.
It is necessary to emphasize that the Princes of Asturias will be the managers of the inauguration of the Congress, accompanied of the minister of Agriculture Elena Espinosa, the president of the Xunta Emilio Perez, the president of CCAE Ricardo Martin and the mayor of Santiago, between others.

Santiago de Compostela? It's not so far from Asturias so they could take Leonor and visit Covadonga:eek:

The Princes de Asturias and Girona, Don Felipe de Borbón and Doña Letizia Ortiz presided the Finery in which Sport World commemorated its Centenary.
It was the central act of an historical and unforgettable celebration for this newspaper, whose first unit saw the light the 1 of February of 1906. The scene was the majestic Palau de Congressos de Catalunya, where more than 900 people they lived in direct a magical experience. All the estates were represented that have relation with the world of the sport, the policy, society, economy, communication and mainly the sportsmen, who during those 100 years have been the authentic protagonists in Md.

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20060131/NOTICIA211538176.html

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Santiago de Compostela? It's not so far from Asturias so they could take Leonor and visit Covadonga:eek:

On the map it is near, but the trip by highway is very long. I believe that they will wait to go to Covadonga, the basilica is in the mountain and these days it has snowed (the highway to Covadonga was closed) and has been very cold; they will have to wait to that it improves the weather.:rolleyes:

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060131/51230641776.html

Princess Letizia returns to the activity and accompanies to her husband the centenary of Mundo Deportivo

(...)
Don Felipe de Borbón presided over the finery of Md accompanied by his wife and pronounced a bilingual speech (Catalan-Castilian) in which emphasized the importance of the sport like "coexistence school". The Prince also praised to Barcelona and Catalonia like "example of modernity and vitality, impelled by his rich cultural tradition and a dynamic society", to the time that he emphasized that the celebration of this centenary confirms that the Condal City is "one of the great capitals of the publishing and sport activity in Spain".
The speech also included one glosses to the trajectory of the homenajeado newspaper and to the numerous present sportsmen in the act, "because they represent an example for the youngest generations".

The finery had nine hundred guests, among them sport of first magnitude(...)The relation of authorities that attended the celebration, headed by Princes of Asturias, counted on outstanding names like the one of the Duke of Palm, Iñaki Urdangarín, and the one of the mayor of Barcelona, Joan Clos. Also the President of the Parliament of Catalunya, Ernest Benach was present, and the Secretary of State for Sport, Jaime Lissavetsky. The president of the Spanish Olympic Committee, Alejandro Blanco, and the honorary one of the International, Juan Antonio Samaranch also was summoned.
(...)
Later the dinner told on a menu elaborated by prestigious Catalan cook Ferrán Adrià and a program of celebrations made up of a musical performance and a symbolic act to midnight with campanadas to take step to the year of the centenary of the Barcelonian newspaper.

From 20Minutos and Elmundo

Attachments

• zzd2.jpg
    zzd2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 247
  • zzd1.jpg
    zzd1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by a moderator:
the same pictures but larger. Landov

Attachments

• X00090_9.jpg
    X00090_9.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 267
  • X00120_9.jpg
    X00120_9.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 304
  • X00207_9.jpg
    X00207_9.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 316
  • X00217_9.jpg
    X00217_9.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 283
Yahoo

Barcelona's soccer star Ronaldinho of Brazil (L), Spain's Crown Prince Felipe (C) and wife Leticia Ortiz (R) and (front L) Benfica's coach and former Barcelona player Ronald Koeman of the Netherlands pose during a ceremony to celebrate the centennial of a Spanish sport newspaper at the Catalonia Palace of Congresses in Barcelona January 31, 2006. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino

Attachments

• r1405746205.jpg
    r1405746205.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 264
Letizia looks lovely.... The people sang the happy bithday to Felipe

Letizia looks very good after giving birth but I'm not a fan of her hairdo, she looks better with straight hair (loose or tied, it doesn't matter)

Letizia looks absolutely stunning! I loved her hairdo!

Last edited:
She looks absolutely gorgeous , i love her hairdo :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 221
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 179
Is that Pele in the fourth picture?
Cool, the King of Soccer and the Princes of Spain;)

does anyone have any closer pic of the princess? i wanna take a look at those ear-rings......She's just STUNNING!!!

It seems like the SRF ladies are getting new hairdos, the only one who hasn't is Queen Sofía, wonder why:rolleyes: ;) :D

I love the diamond earrings too. Is it new ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are the ones she wore on her wedding day, the gift from the Kings.

From elmundodeportivo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom