Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 13: September - Octuber 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/princesa_asturias_cumplira_anos_489341.htm

The Princess of Asturias will expire tomorrow 33 years, when scarcely they are absent two months in order that she is a mother for the first time of the baby who will be the inheritor of the Spanish Wreath.

Dona Letizia has foreseen to be present tomorrow in the evening, together with the Prince of Asturias, at the presentation of the ' Dictionary of the Student ', of the Royal Academy of the Language, in an act that will take place in the Foundation Rafael of the Pine .

It is not known at the moment if there will be some type of special celebration, though the habitual thing is that the members of the Royal Family live through this class of events privately.
Last year, the first one that she celebrated in her new house of the enclosure of La Zarzuela as Princess of Asturias, Dona Letizia and Don Felipe passed the day in their residence, since it was the desire of the Princess.

The Princess of Asturias was born on September 15, 1972 in Oviedo, the capital of the Asturias, where there happened her childhood and part of her adolescence.

Last edited:
http://www.hoy.es/pg050914/prensa/noticias/Don_Benito/200509/14/HOY-LOC-011.html

The program of voluntariado against the cancer resumes his labor

On the other hand, this local meeting has been invited to the act of delivery of the help to the investigation oncológica, that will take place in Seville next September 20.
The above mentioned act will be celebrated in the Royal Fortress of the Sevillian capital, it is organized by the Scientific Foundation of the Spanish Association against the Cancer and it will be presided by the Princes of Asturias. In representation of Don Benito's meeting there will represent the president, Diego Soto, and the vice-president, Inés Martin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

There be that it was waiting to see if this act is confirmed.;)

They are to be in Galicia on September 28 for an economics conference in which nobel prize winning economist Joseph Stiglitz will give a presentation.

http://www.finanzas.com/id.8650228/noticias/noticia.htm

I must say that I really appreciate the nature of the events they tend to go to. They are not always "glamorous" or "photo op" picturesque, but they are crucial to their getting a full and wide knowledge of what really matters for people destined to be King (head of state) and Queen.

Last edited:
lula said:
On the other hand, this local meeting has been invited to the act of delivery of the help to the investigation oncológica, that will take place in Seville next September 20. The above mentioned act will be celebrated in the Royal Fortress of the Sevillian capital, it is organized by the Scientific Foundation of the Spanish Association against the Cancer and it will be presided by the Princes of Asturias.
http://actualidad.terra.es/sociedad/articulo/espana_cada_enfermos_cancer_superan_491422.htm

On that occasion, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, in name of the Royal Maestranza Foundation, will give 60000€ to the investigators of the Spanish Scientific Foundation against Cancer.

Elsa M. said:
http://actualidad.terra.es/sociedad/articulo/espana_cada_enfermos_cancer_superan_491422.htm

On that occasion, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, in name of the Royal Maestranza Foundation, will give 60000€ to the investigators of the Spanish Scientific Foundation against Cancer.

It seems that Letizia is marvellously, continues with her agenda without problems. This week to Prague and the next week seems that it is confirmed that she will go to Seville. How sometimes you ask, I imagine that the trip they do it in AVE (high-speed train) and it lasts two hours and a half.

i just saw them both in the television. she was wearing a white jacket and a white top with some (blue?) dots on it. :)

MADRID, Spain: Spain's Princess Letizia (R) and Prince Felipe look at a dictionary given to them by the Director of the Real Academia Espanola, Victor Garcia de la Concha, 15 September 2005 in Madrid. The royal couple were given a new dictionary by the academy which coupled as a birthday present as Princess Letizia is also celebrating her 33rd birthday and will soon by giving birth to add joy to her life.

From GettyImages:

Attachments

• 55572906.jpg
    55572906.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 55573755.jpg
    55573755.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 404
  • 55571913.jpg
    55571913.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 654
  • 55574846.jpg
    55574846.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 543
  • 55577086.jpg
    55577086.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 301
Last edited by a moderator:
i saw her in TVE "Gente" and they said that she received books and a personal gift from the prince. What is it? a new ring?

Photo from EFE:

Attachments

• zg1.jpg
    zg1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 436
rchainho said:
i saw her in TVE "Gente" and they said that she received books and a personal gift from the prince. What is it? a new ring?

It is the typical thing that those of the television say for saying something, it is evident thather husband will have done some gift to her. If it is some jewel before or later we will see putting, as the ring that gave him last year.;)

rchainho said:

In Gente the voice in off yust say that maybe she have could recive a special gift from the prince.They yust asume that, because is normal that the prince will give her a birthday gift.But they don't know anything because it's so personal.;)

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/principeespanol_culto_necesita_crear_instrumentos_492576.htm

Prince : spanish worship needs to create instruments where one speaks

The Prince of Asturias said today, in the presentation of the ' Dictionary of the Student ' that ' it is not possible to propitiate an educated variety of Spanish, understandablly in all the places in which one speaks our language, without creating the instruments ' necessary.
Don Philip accompanied of the Princess of Asturias who today celebrated her 33 birthday, presided at the presentation of the ' Dictionary of the Student ' that the Royal Spanish Academy has elaborated in order that all young men of Spanish speech have to his scope an instrument to improve her vocabulary.

(...)

Princess ofAsturias was congratulated by her birthday by the assistants to the act, some in public like Víctor García de la Concha, when it needs two months to give light. When finishing the presentation a group of people who waited for their exit sang ' happy birthday '. :D

From Terra:

Attachments

• 71f9ebfd1a2b7g.jpg
    71f9ebfd1a2b7g.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 314
  • 71f9ebfd1ec90g.jpg
    71f9ebfd1ec90g.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 419
  • 71f9ebfd3c6e4g.jpg
    71f9ebfd3c6e4g.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 445
  • 71f9ebfd23ab4g.jpg
    71f9ebfd23ab4g.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 361
lula said:
It seems that Letizia is marvellously, continues with her agenda without problems. This week to Prague and the next week seems that it is confirmed that she will go to Seville. How sometimes you ask, I imagine that the trip they do it in AVE (high-speed train) and it lasts two hours and a half.

I would think they travel in a private plane, don't you think? I doubt she would go by train. I don't even know if there is an airport but it makes much more sense.

Roxsteve said:
I would think they travel in a private plane, don't you think? I doubt she would go by train. I don't even know if there is an airport but it makes much more sense.

The Princes of Asturias do not travel very much in private plane, only in official trips abroad, when it is not a question of official trips, sometimes they travel in regular line (for example last year to Mexico, or when they go to open some Center of the Cervates). In Spain they move in helicopter because the distances are long, but not in plane unless they go to the islands. Last year they were to Seville in train, and probably for Letizia it is the most comfortable thing.

What is Letizia's own date of birth?

Her birthday is today. She was born September 15, 1972.

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050916/prensa/noticias/Cultura/Cultura/200509/16/NAC-CUL-111.asp

The Princes celebrated Doña Letizia's birthday with the academicians

Following the custom of the Royal Family, the Princes of Asturias celebrated yesterday Dona Letizia's birthday as one more day. That is to say, following the programmed in their agenda, which yesterday was consisting of presiding at the presentation of the Dictionary of the Student. A very necessary text, according to Don Felipe, since " he is called to serve in order that our young men understand each other better, they express accurately and could create beauty with the language ". He remembered that " to walk together it is not enough with the word, but without the word it turns out to be much more difficult ". After the act, during the wine that offered itself the academicians and other guests, between them the ex-president Calvo-Sotelo; Dona Letizia monopolized the whole attention, while she was receiving the congratulations for her 33 birthdays. She greeted the teacher Rodríguez Marín, who gave her lessons of Language and Literature in the Ramiro de Maeztu. Dona Letizia proved to be happy to the wait of the baby that it will be born inside " two months and beak ".

From seegerpress:

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00146831.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00146831.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 236
  • pre-SEEGER00146835.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00146835.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 202
  • pre-SEEGER00146834.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00146834.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 225
  • pre-SEEGER00146833.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00146833.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 255
  • pre-SEEGER00146832.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00146832.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 208
  • pre-SEEGER00146830.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00146830.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 247
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/asturias_diccionario_estudiante_493127.htm

The princes of Asturias, paid compliments by their admirers after the presentation of the Dictionary of the Student

The princes of Asturias presided yesterday at the presentation of the Dictionary of the Student, which Rafael of the Pine traversed at the expense of the Royal Spanish Academy (RAE) in the Foundation.

To the exit of the act, dona Letizia Ortiz, thrilled and very elegant with a white blusón and a jacket of sleeve talks of the same color,she listened with attention to the canticle of the traditional ' happy birthday ' that a group of admirers dedicated. While, don Felipe de Borbón received shouts of ' gallant! ' On the part of several women. The couple smiled and greeted the people there assembled and the Princess thanked them.

-----------------------------------

The Princess was dressing yesterday with skirt, it is a shame that in the photos does not see her.;)

Photos from ImagineScandinavia:

Attachments

• zg25.JPG
    zg25.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 228
  • zg26.JPG
    zg26.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 170
  • zg28.JPG
    zg28.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 206
  • zg29.JPG
    zg29.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 250
  • zg30.JPG
    zg30.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 197
  • zg31.JPG
    zg31.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 226
  • zg33.JPG
    zg33.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 175
Elsa,the quotation of Prince Felipe is the best love declaration I´ve ever read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom