Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 13: September - Octuber 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://actualidad.terra.es/provincias/bilbao/articulo/principes_asturias_foro_iberoamericano_bilbao_519576.htm

In his speech, the Prince of Asturias emphasized that one of the main aims of the Latin American Community is to guarantee a sustainable economic growth that may allow fighting against poverty, social exclusion and inequality. In this sense, he alluded to the convenience of taking care of the problems created by the extension of the migratory phenomenon to a dimension “unknown in the Latin American world, until now”. Don Felipe pleaded to study new ways of 'deepening the cooperation between our nations in all political, economic, social and cultural scopes'.

The Prince also affirmed that the contributions of this Forum will enrich the Summit of Salamanca. 'Like members of its respective parliaments, they represent the link of union between the State and the citizens’, he added. In this sense, he reiterated that the commitment of Spain and the Crown with Ibero-America is irreducible. Besides, the Prince of Asturias also talked of the profits obtained with the Constitution of 1978: 'we welcome you all in a modern and opened Spain, that has obtained the longest period of democratic coexistence in freedom, sharp economic growth and social progress, within the framework of the so appraised stability that provides the use and the respect to our constitutional order'.

These are from londonfeatures, so it's just thumnails, but in one you can see how HUGE Letizia is, considering she has at least one month to (if La vanguardia's Nov.5-12 suspicion is true) or one and a half months, if the long-standing November/December assumption is true.

Attachments

• 23731292.jpg
    23731292.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 23731290.jpg
    23731290.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 246
  • 23731287.jpg
    23731287.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 23731285.jpg
    23731285.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 23731284.jpg
    23731284.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 575
  • 23731281.jpg
    23731281.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 23731279.jpg
    23731279.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 23731276.jpg
    23731276.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 23731274.jpg
    23731274.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 326
  • 23731273.jpg
    23731273.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 363
carlota said:
hi everyone! i was looking at the purses and shoes thread and saw that letizia's legs in some photos seem to be really developed, as if she practised sport normally. can anyone tell us a bit of this? does she practise sport regularly?

some of the photos:
http://img97.echo.cx/img97/9692/0021tk.jpg
http://img231.echo.cx/img231/9748/0011fh.jpg
http//img104.echo.cx/img104/3283/0090rx.jpg
http://img226.echo.cx/my.php?image=0242rw.jpg

Not if she does some certain sport, but she is a very active woman so I imagine that she will do someone. In some site I read that sometimes in the mornings she was doing exercise with the Prince (I believe that they were mounting in bicycle, but I am not sure of this), when they are in Asturiar they are useful to go to the mountain.
I believe that sometimes the people that how she has a very thin constitution and does not put on weight much develop more the muscles to seem to be a bit stronger and not so thin.

According to the report the "Diario de Navarra" did for their wedding, Letizia's resitence to wearing skirts was due to the fact that she didn't like her legs very much.

http://www.diariodenavarra.es/especiales/bodareal/novios/indexL.asp
According to that same report, she also practiced gymnastics.

In other report, I read that she was taking Yoga classes with Queen Sofia, and hadn't abandoned the exercise when she got pregnant, adopting a special routine developed for pregnant women.;)

In other report, I read that she was taking Yoga classes with Queen Sofia, and hadn't abandoned the exercise when she got pregnant, adopting a special routine developed for pregnant women.;)[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't surprise me at all -- Letizia seems to have a very well toned body like several women I know who regularly practice yoga. I have read conflicting things about her dietary habits -- a vegetarian, avoids desserts for fruits -- what do you know about that?

Emily said:
That wouldn't surprise me at all -- Letizia seems to have a very well toned body like several women I know who regularly practice yoga. I have read conflicting things about her dietary habits -- a vegetarian, avoids desserts for fruits -- what do you know about that?

What they said that they were practising the Queen and the Princess is not a yoga but pilates, that is not exactly the same thing.
The princess eats of everything, for what I have read the only thing that she does not like much is the lamb. Even when they travelled to some Asian country during the honeymoon she proved some insect. The journalists always are in the habit of saying that in Zarzuela always one is to diet, the Queen does not eat meat, and the King, the Prince and the Infantas look after themselves very much because they have trend to put on weight (I imagine that also because they have many lunch and official dinners). The journalist say that the Princess Letizia escapes at some time to house of her mother to eat domestic food.
It seems that during the pregnancy the Princess has had to look after herself greatly, first because she has had enough inconveniences in the stomach and second because I imagine that being so thin and with a baby probably big she would not be advisable that was taking very much weight. For this reason lately into some of her luncheons they have changed some plate, how the dessert, (she eats fruit instead of sweet).

lula said:
The princess eats of everything, for what I have read the only thing that she does not like much is the lamb. Even when they travelled to some Asian country during the honeymoon she proved some insect.

How do you know that she doesn't like the lamb?

truth said:
lula said:
The princess eats of everything, for what I have read the only thing that she does not like much is the lamb. Even when they travelled to some Asian country during the honeymoon she proved some insect.

I not, they are commentaries that appear in the press, I this it have read several times.;)

From contrast:

Attachments

• 6515415.jpg
    6515415.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 6515416.jpg
    6515416.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 6515414.jpg
    6515414.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 243
truth said:
lula said:

Lula, I don't want to make fun of you if you are learning English. I'm confused. :confused:

Are you saying that Letizia ate insects when she was on a trip??

iowabelle said:
truth said:
Lula, I don't want to make fun of you if you are learning English. I'm confused. :confused:

Yes she did. I don't remember exactly when, but I can search for the information tomorrow. I think it was on one of their official trips (if not, please correct me;) ) and everybody was really impressed by her courage.

I maybe wrong, but IIRC it was on the couple's honeymoon where Letizia supposedly ate insects.

iowabelle said:
truth said:

I think that already I have said several times that little English and I use a translator, and sometimes the translations are strange.
But in this case you have understood me perfectly, Letizia ate insects, or it commented on a group of very serious journalists during a private luncheon, was during her honeymoon. In some Asian countries some insects are part of the habitual nourishment.:p

lula said:
Letizia ate insects, or it commented on a group of very serious journalists during a private luncheon, was during her honeymoon. In some Asian countries some insects are part of the habitual nourishment.
Yes, that's right. That came out a few months ago, when there were those insistent (and absurd, since immediatly afterwards, Letizia got pregnant...) rumours on the Princess' supposed anorexia. In a lunch they had with a group of political journalists, Felipe confessed that she is a good gourmet and that she even dared to once try fried cockroaches... Apparently, during their honeymoon (probably in any Asian country), there were some peddler hawkers selling them, and Letizia wanted to proove the dainty... Felipe confessed that he just didn't even want to look at her... no wonder :p

Here's the link to that story:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=215801&postcount=147

Last edited:
yes, she tried insects in her honeymoon trip if i good remember.

Miércoles, 5 de octubre de 2005

[font=Verdana,Arial]ENTREGA DE LA XXII EDICIÓN DEL PREMIO "FRANCISCO CERECEDO" DE PERIODISMO
Madrid
[/font]

Wednesday, on October 5, 2005

GIVES DELIVERS OF THE EDITION XXII OF THE PRIZE " FRANCISCO CERECEDO " JOURNALISM
Madrid

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/principes_asturias_convencion_iberoamericana_derechos_524498.htm

Princes de Asturias will attend the inaugural act of the Latin American Convention of Rights of Youth in Badajoz

The Museum Extremeño-Latin American of Contemporany Art (MEIAC) of Badajoz will welcome during next days 10 and 11 of October the Latin American Convention of the Rights of the Youth, whose inaugural act will count on the presence of the Princes de Asturias, according to it informed the Social Ministry of Work and Subjects in a note. Within the framework of this encounter the signature in the first international agreement will take place, that will suppose the guarantee and recognition of the rights and the protection of and the young people.
(...)

What about this event which took place today? I can't find any information about it in the press. Did you find any photos?

LaChicaMadrilena said:
What about this event which took place today? I can't find any information about it in the press. Did you find any photos?

Delivers of this prize of journalism is done during a dinner, so it has been this night and of moment seems that there are no photos.;)

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/principe_rinde_homenaje_periodismo_precioso_527617.htm

Prince produces honoring to ' good journalism ', a ' precious good '

The Prince of Asturias produced this night an honoring to the ' good journalism ', a ' precious
good - he said - that forms a part of the quality of life of the citizens and of the democratic living together '.
Don Felipe accompanied by the Princess Letizia, who is in the final straight line of her pregnancy, delivered this night, in the course of a dinner, the Prize of Journalism 'Francisco Cerecedo' to Juan Jose Millás.
(..)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Did you find any photos?

First pictures from ANP

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 436
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 267
Photos from Getty: