Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 12: August - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the wonderful pictures. I think Letizia looks wonderful and healthy, which is great to see. Can someone tell me what SOS, as in the SOS villages, stands for?

Emily said:
Thank you all for the wonderful pictures. I think Letizia looks wonderful and healthy, which is great to see. Can someone tell me what SOS, as in the SOS villages, stands for?

Infantile villages SOS I believe that it is an organization that one dedicates to the children's reception in homes to give them a family and an education.

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/dona_letizia_ortiz_vicente_calderon_480578.htm

After the game, the cameras caught the Princes of Asturias on the outskirts of the stadium, greeting diverse political authorities. Doña Letizia, who was dressed in an autumnal outfit formed by a short white raincoat and black pants, received the flatterings of some fans, who were shouting 'gorgeous’ to her.
Before entering the car, the couple, very smiling, greeted the people gathered there.

Here's a video from Telecinco:
http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/seleccion/serbia/futbol/dn_11787.htm

Photo from Terra:

Attachments

• zc20.jpg
    zc20.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Emily said:
Can someone tell me what SOS, as in the SOS villages, stands for?
SOS? Well, I don't know if I'm getting it right... you mean what the sigla stands for?... I guess it's actually an English sigla, which was used as a help request, specially by radio... It means "Save Our Souls".
But well, I don't know if you were asking for this part of the explanation... the other one was already given by Lula ;)

Elsa, perhaps I wasn't clear -- the answer Lula gave was the one I was looking for. Thanks for your help, though.

From newscom:

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 201
  • ga.jpg
    ga.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 192
  • gam.jpg
    gam.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 165
Contrastphoto has basically the same photos from the game as the ones posted by Lula, but these are slightly different:

Attachments

• zc23.jpg
    zc23.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 272
  • zc24.jpg
    zc24.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 247
  • zc25.jpg
    zc25.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 273
Letizia looks radiant. She looks better and better. She seems very happy and so much in love. Felipe's looks tell all!!!

carlota said:
have you seen that nearly all letizia's clothing wardbrobe are basics? it may be in case she gets pregnant again and the clothes are not out so that she can use them again. the last days she was wearing a lot of black and white, and those are the basic colour "per excellence". i really think she is as sofia when it comes to save money and it's really likely they will have more kids :) if the hypothesis is confirmed.

If you work in some major cities (in North America at least) you would see that the majority of Letizia's pieces in black and white are essential closet staples of many women, pregnant or not. Such pieces are simply smart buys and recommended by countless magazines as wardrobe staples upon which to build your wardrobe around. If you have a good pair of black pants, a properly fitting black blazer and a black blouse you are basically set. You would just accent it with a bold or colourful necklace or scarf or other jewellery, but it's an outfit that would carry you from one year to the next and across several seasons (fall and winter at least, and even spring).

Genevieve said:
If you work in some major cities (in North America at least) you would see that the majority of Letizia's pieces in black and white are essential closet staples of many women, pregnant or not. Such pieces are simply smart buys and recommended by countless magazines as wardrobe staples upon which to build your wardrobe around. If you have a good pair of black pants, a properly fitting black blazer and a black blouse you are basically set. You would just accent it with a bold or colourful necklace or scarf or other jewellery, but it's an outfit that would carry you from one year to the next and across several seasons (fall and winter at least, and even spring).

that was what i was meaning with my post. i think it's smart of letizia not to buy green pregnancy clothes although green may be now a really in colour, as due to her advanced pregnancy situation she won't use anymore as probably when she gets pregnant again that green and beautiful piece she wore isn't nice anymore. instead she chooses black and white basics, that can be reused in that short time the pregnancy lasts, as they would be to big to wear after the pregnancy.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/principes_praga_instituto_cervantes_483017.htm

The Princes, to Prague to inaugurate new Institute Cervantes

The Princes of Asturias will inaugurate next Monday, the 12th of September, nine headquarters of the Institute Cervantes in Prague (Czech Republic), after a luncheon with the president of the country, Vaclav Klaus, and a meeting with the Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes.

Don Felipe was already in the Czech Republic in May, 2001 in official visit, and in this occasion he will travel accompanied from Dona Letizia, in whom it will be their fifth inauguration together of a new Institute Cervantes in the exterior, after those of Budapest, Belgrade, Sao Paulo and Stockholm.
The new center directed by Iñaki Abad and placed in the heart of Prague, occupies two buildings joined by four gangplanks of crystal and steel. The library of the center will take the name of Fuentes, author of works as ' The chair of the Eagle ', and that in 1994 there received the Prize Prince of Asturias of the Letters.
Fuentes, the one who recently assured that no novel has reached the success of 'El Quijote·", will meet the Princes privately before being present at the inauguration of the headquarters of Prague, in which also there will be the prime minister of the Czech Republic, Jirí Paroubek, and the president of the Senate, Premysl Sobotka.
After the act of opening, in which there will intervene Don Philip and the director of the Institute Cervantes, César Antonio Molina, the Princes will visit the exhibition ' In the borders. Latin-American art in the collection of the Extremaduran and Latin-American Museum of Contemporary Art '.

They´ll arrive to Prague on monday 12.9. at 12:30 and departure is planned on 13.9. at 10:00.

Yirina77 said:
They´ll arrive to Prague on monday 12.9. at 12:30 and departure is planned on 13.9. at 10:00.

Maybe I'll go to the airport and see if I can catch a glimpse of them.

but Felipe wasn't in baiona to participate in the contest? It ends in tomorrow.

rchainho said:
but Felipe wasn't in baiona to participate in the contest? It ends in tomorrow.

Already there was foreseen that today was returning to Madrid, and he will return today to Bayona to take part tomorrow in the ditch and to deliver the prizes. He went away on Thursday night since Friday was festive in Madrid.

So, are they going to go to Prague together? And is it a state or official visit or just an opening of a new Cervantes Institute?

LaChicaMadrilena said:
So, are they going to go to Prague together? And is it a state or official visit or just an opening of a new Cervantes Institute?

A previous article explains it. If they do not change plans at the last hour the two go. It will be a stay of 24 hours (someone has commented that they go away tomorrow morning and return to Madrid on Tuesday morning), it is not a visit of State, only they come to open the Institute Cervantes, but they will have lunch with the president of the country.

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050912/actualidad/nacional/nacional/200509/12/principes_asturias_republica_checa_visita.asp

The Princes are got by the president of the Czech Republic

The Princes of Asturias came this midday to the Presidential Palace, in the Castle of Prague, where they were got by the president, Václav Klaus, to support a private luncheon.
Don Felipe de Borbón and his wife, dona Letizia Ortiz, who this evening will inaugurate Cervantes sedates her of the Institute in the historical center of this Central European city, they moved directly from the airport to the Castle of Prague, city in which the Prince was of official visit in 2001.
(...)

Last edited:
From terra:

Attachments

• 71f9ead8e92d3g.jpg
    71f9ead8e92d3g.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 71f9ead8ea406g.jpg
    71f9ead8ea406g.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 291
  • 71f9ead8f43d4g.jpg
    71f9ead8f43d4g.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 71f9ead9075dcg.jpg
    71f9ead9075dcg.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 71f.jpg
    71f.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Lula,
Thanks for the pictures. The castle in Prague looks like an interesting building -- I hope they show more pictures of the interior of it. Do you - or anyone - know how long the flight is from madrid to Prague?

Emily said:
Lula,
Thanks for the pictures. The castle in Prague looks like an interesting building -- I hope they show more pictures of the interior of it. Do you - or anyone - know how long the flight is from madrid to Prague?

I believe that approximately 3 hours

:)

altough i like how she looks i hope she changes her outfit for the opening

http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/principes_diccionario_estudiante_485854.htm

The Princes preside on Thursday at presentation Dictionary Student

The ' Dictionary of the student ' of the Royal Spanish Academy, who will appear next Thursday in an act presided by the Princes of Asturias, is directed youngs from 12 to 18 years, both Spanish and Spanish Americans, and contains more than 40.000 words and representative phrases of the current lexicon.
This dictionary, which today has begun to come to the Spanish bookshops and costs 20,90 Euros, has been realized by the RAE in narrow collaboration with 21 Academies of the Language of America and The Philippines, motive by the one that contains a selection of the most usual and widespread Americanisms.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principe_i_cervantes_praga_europa_485953.htm

Prince: I. Cervantes in Prague will favor construction Europe
The Prince of Asturias said today in Prague that the new Institute Cervantes of this city will manage to be a ' fundamental piece in the increasing one and deeper Hispanic dialogue - Czech ', and it forms a of ' reinforcing the living together and the cooperation in the project of the European construction '.
In presence of the president of the Senate, Premysl Sobotka, the prime minister of the Czech Republic, Jirí Paroubek, several members of the Government and representatives of all the sectors, Don Felipe accompanied of Dona Letizia, Cervantes inaugurated the new center of the Institute in Prague, with what this organism is present already in 56 cities of 37 countries.

(...)

The Princes, after discovering a commemorative plate of the act, and the guests visited the exhibition ' In the borders. Art of the Americas ', in the collection of the Extremaduran and Latin-American Museum of Contemporary Art, with works of diverse Hispanic artists.

and some additional info:http://www.sos-childrensvillages.org/cgi-bin/sos/jsp/home.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0392815809.1126544067@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdaddfjielejfcfngcfkmdhkhdffj.0&lang=en&site=ZZ&navMeta=HOME

the first wife of the aga khan helps them too.

Elsa M. said:
SOS? Well, I don't know if I'm getting it right... you mean what the sigla stands for?... I guess it's actually an English sigla, which was used as a help request, specially by radio... It means "Save Our Souls".
But well, I don't know if you were asking for this part of the explanation... the other one was already given by Lula ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom