Letizia Ortiz, News and Picture Thread Part 1: November 2003 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by nouwrein+Aug 3rd, 2004 - 11:28 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nouwrein @ Aug 3rd, 2004 - 11:28 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-liliawodna@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 10:59 am
Letizia:
http://www.elperiodico.com/vivo/recursos/foto_67050.jpg

http://www.elperiodico.com/EDICION/ED04080...07/f002zh01.jpg
Thanks for the lovely photos liliawodna. here's one more lovely pic

This is posted by Anne at GREMB
link to more photos [/b][/quote]
is that the competion? that website does not have as good a layout as this one

it was said that letizia was angry with the press because they took photos of her legs and her mini-pants...

This is just to stupid, if you do not want the press to take picture of your mini pants, dont wear them. Its the same with Madeleine, who were upset with all the pictures of her breasts at the nobel prize two years ago, when she showed up in one of the most low cut, sexy dresses any royal lady has ever worn, to the most formal night in Sweden, what did she expect. You cant blame the press for takeing pictures of what is served to them...

Originally posted by carlota@Aug 4th, 2004 - 5:32 am
it was said that letizia was angry with the press because they took photos of her legs and her mini-pants...
Another rumor perhaps ? If she was angry, she wouldn't have been wearing the mini-pants repeatedly.

Originally posted by donnaK+Aug 4th, 2004 - 8:46 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donnaK @ Aug 4th, 2004 - 8:46 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-carlota@Aug 4th, 2004 - 5:32 am
Another rumor perhaps ? If she was angry, she wouldn't have been wearing the mini-pants repeatedly. [/b][/quote]
yes, you have a point there donnaK. It's just a rumor...

I have met CP Letizia once when she was working for tv . And she's adorable !
A very sweet person :heart:

Love
Emilia :heart:

Originally posted by Emilia@Aug 6th, 2004 - 10:49 am
I have met CP Letizia once when she was working for tv . And she's adorable !
A very sweet person :heart:

Love
Emilia :heart:
Thanks for sharing. I've always thought she seemed like a sweet, but strong person.

Since you've met her in the flesh, maybe you then can answer the great mystery: just how tall or short is she?

It's right what you said Lucys , she's a very strong and sweet person . And she's very short en so thin ! But I believe she's now even thinner !

Love :heart:
Emilia :flower:

Originally posted by carlota@Aug 4th, 2004 - 6:32 am
Don't know "why" she'd be angry ... her legs are quite beautiful and shapely. The whole series of photos (while she is in the boat) are some of the best photos I've seen of her. She looks fantastic ~ even with windblown hair, a cap, and sunglasses.

Elizajane :flower:

El Semanal Digital, an online independent newspaper and comentary publication had an interesting piece on Letizia. It's always treated Letizia fairly, but not fawningly—they have been neither overly critical nor overly forgiving. It is entitled "A Spectacular Success: Doña Letizia has become the star of the Borbones" and introduces the article by saying that "The criticisms from before and after the wedding have been left behind and the summer of 2004 has consecrated Doña Letizia as the great star of the Borbones, a loved and respected woman."

A few paragraphs are interesting, like the first one which says:

"8 of August. That the Prince is another person, nobody is in doubt. That the Royal Family has received Doña Letizia with open arms is also no secret. But that in so short a time Doña Letizia has become the most popular European Princess and the female royalty most photographed is a phenomenon that has surprised even Don Juan Carlos."

It goes on to describe in detail everything that unfolded yesterday when she showed up with Felipe at the Nautical Club. Such as these details:

The Real Club Nautical of Palma lived, for example, on Friday from eleven in the morning to twelve of the noon, the most intense hour since the King's Cup started last Monday. Arriving hand-in-hand with Prince Felipe and accompanied by Their Majesties the King and Queen, Doña Letizia Ortiz stepped into the sport facilities for the first time. And the debut had all the ingredients of great occasions: accredited reporters pushing and shoving, bodyguards more nervous than is habitual, the organizers looking for their place in the picture and an anonymous multitude of people with digital cameras in hand acting as unexpected reporters.

The protagonist smiled resolute and interchanged commentaries with the Queen, but at no moment was she overwhelmed by having to support so much attention. Dressed in white trousers and pink t-shirt and after posing with the Prince and the Kings on the terrace of the Nautical, she accompanied them to the cafeteria, where she sat next to the Prince and the Queen at a table in one of the corners of the premises and shared animated conversation with the other reagatta partcipants that were there.

Soon they were joined by the Infanta Cristina … The bar was the refuge that protected them from the reporters who awaited their opportunity behind the security cord that the bodygurads had mounted in the terrace, where everything was nerves as they all tried to obtain one more photo of the Princess.

So much so, that when the King, at eleven twenty, left the cafeteria to embark next to his crew in the rubber dinghy that habitually takes him until the dockage of the Bribon, no camera went off and no reporter followed him. The King walked past the group of photographers like just another participant.

It then goes on to describe every step the Queen and Letizia made after Felipe and Crista left for the race and the conversations with the reporters --she apparently told reporters that she had worn the same outfit every day she watched the race from a boat in hopes they would tire of the same old picture.

The article concludes that she has charmed everyone with her sincerity, warmth and discretion.

Reactions?

The original in Spanish

Originally posted by lucys@Aug 7th, 2004 - 6:50 pm
El Semanal Digital, an online independent newspaper and comentary publication had an interesting piece on Letizia. It's always treated Letizia fairly, but not fawningly—they have been neither overly critical nor overly forgiving. It is entitled "A Spectacular Success: Doña Letizia has become the star of the Borbones" and introduces the article by saying that "The criticisms from before and after the wedding have been left behind and the summer of 2004 has consecrated Doña Letizia as the great star of the Borbones, a loved and respected woman."
Thanks for this translation of the article lucys. while I certainly like Letizia very much and have been very impressed with her, I realize that the article is from a Spanish soruce and is likely to be bias in favour of Letizia. (I think the Danish media would argue here that Letizia is the rising star of all the European princesses. ;)) I certainly think that Letizia is a rising star in Spain, but not necessarily amongst all the European princesses. I think that Letizia is currently experiencing what all the other princesses experienced when they married into their respective royal families: She is new and somewhat a novelty and so a very fascinating subject to cover. Look at Maxima and Mette-Marit and Mathilde.

I do find it interesting however that the King was able to pass by the hordes of press without a single picture being snapped of him because all the photographers were too busy watching Letizia!

And I am happy to read that any criticisms or concerns of Letizia prior to the wedding have been cast aside and that Letizia has proven that she will be a great asset to the Spanish royal family. It seems that her hard work and that non-stop schedule post-wedding paid off.

Letizia Nose

mari0915 said:
She has not had her nose done and if she has I'd want my money back. I like her the best out of all the CPs but she has an awful profile, if I were her I'd never let anyone photograph me from the side.
I think Letizia is absolutley stunning and a great asset to the Spanish RF but she does not have a nice profile. I thought I was the only one who noticed it. I do not think her nose was done. I think the only princess who might have had a nose job would be Maxima.

Genevieve--I agree there is a fair share of novelty in all this, but I think people have been and are honestly surprised by how people are reacting to her. The Spanish people are a very skeptical lot and not inclined to the kind of "worship" you see in other places, so the article stands out to me for that reason. More than anything the passage about the King was so surprising that I felt inclined to share the article. I also thought the fact that she told reporters she wore the same outfit on the boat everyday in the vain hope they would tire of the same image was really funny.

Thanks for the article and translations, lucys! Much appreciated. I enjoyed it very much, as well as your opinions on the Spanish perspective.

weight

It looks like she gained some of the weight that she lost before the wedding back, which I think is good.

First, a technical question--there are three threads for Letizia, which one should we be using? Anyone know?

And now something not about clothing!

Princess Letizia has accepted her first presidency of a commission, and I suspect it gives us some indication of where her interests will lie when she goes solo--and it's not surprising given her passion for literature and culture.

She will preside the Commission for celebrations of the 750th year since the founding of Cuidad Real (founded by King Alfonso X, "The wise") and capital of La Mancha, made of course famous by the great Spanish writer Cervantes--the commission will also plan events for next year's 500nth anniversary of the publishing of Don Quixote.

Just some see this??????????????????????????''

a nice article about letizia...

Afirman, quienes bien la conocen, que es lista y voluntariosa. El biógrafo del Rey, José Luis de Vilallonga, sostiene que va a ser ella -"sin ninguna duda"- quien lleve las riendas familiares. En esto no se equivoca. Una de sus primeras decisiones, tras la petición de mano, fue cambiar las cortinas de todas las habitaciones de la casa del Príncipe.

Perfeccionista hasta el agotamiento -cuando presentaba los telediarios tenía por norma controlar la iluminación, el vestuario,la peluquería y el maquillaje-, Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, de 31años, se va a convertir en princesa de Asturias el próximo 22 de mayo.

Nació en Oviedo, en el seno de una familia de clase media. Su padre, Jesús Ortiz, periodista como ella, trabaja en un gabinete de comunicación. Su abuela paterna, Menchu Alvárez del Valle, fue una conocida locutora. Su madre, Paloma Rocasolano, es enfermera y sindicalista. Los padres están separados. El abuelo materno, Francisco Rocasolano, ya retirado, se ganó la vida como mecánico y taxista. La prometida del Príncipe tiene dos hermanas, Telma y Erika.

Las personas -según sentencia Arthur Schopenhauer- se intentan dar a conocer mediante sus ideas, pero lo que las define son sus gustos. Siguiendo esta premisa del filósofo alemán, podemos elaborar el siguiente retrato robot de nuestra protagonista. Antes de conocer al Príncipe, Letizia Ortiz se compraba la ropa en Zara. Los telediarios, en cambio, los presentaba con diseños de Adolfo Domínguez. En la pedida de mano del palacio de El Pardo eligió un modelo de Armani que le costó algo más de 1.200 euros. Días después se la vio en una de las tiendas de esta firma, donde adquirió varias blusas y pantalones. Prefiere esta prenda a la falda, pues considera que tiene las piernas muy delgadas. En la Casa Real le han aconsejado que utilice falda -más femenina- y restrinja el uso de los pantalones. Para las salidas informales se viste con vaqueros y lleva gafas de sol. El pelo se lo recoge en una coleta. Apenas se maquilla. No le gusta aparecer 'muy arreglada', ni 'muy perfumada', aunque, cuando lo exige el guión, controla los más mínimos detalles.

A Letizia Ortiz le apasiona la música -toda la música-, desde Wagner, Grieg y Tchaikovski hasta los Dire Straits, Supertramp y Joan Manuel Serrat. Y, al igual que el príncipe, le encanta bailar salsa. Su relación con el escritor y profesor de literatura extremeño Alonso Guerrero -mantuvo un largo noviazgo (diez años) y un corto matrimonio (apenas unos meses)- le acercó a otra de sus grandes aficiones: la literatura. Uno de sus mitos es el periodista polaco Ryszard Kapucinsky, cuya obra 'Los cínicos no sirven para este oficio' lo tiene como libro de cabecera. "No te creas nada hasta experimentarlo por ti mismo". Esta máxima la cumple a rajatabla.

Hace gimnasia y, desde hace unos meses, caza y practica el esquí. Durante su etapa profesional prefería viajar a permanecer en las redacciones (cubrió, como reportera, el desastre del 'Prestige' y algunos episodios de la guerra de Irak). Es una experta gastrónoma. Más, incluso, que el Príncipe. Hay temporadas que le da por decir que está gorda y hace curas de adelgazamiento a base de té con limón y ensaladas.

La que en un futuro será reina de España cursó estudios primarios en el colegio La Gesta de Oviedo. Cuando cumplió 15 años, en 1987, sus padres se trasladaron a Madrid, a un chalé de 230 metros cuadrados en la zona de Rivas-Vaciamadrid. Terminó el bachillerato en el instituto Ramiro de Maeztu, donde conoció a Alonso Guerrero. Letizia y sus hermanas recorrían Madrid de punta a punta y acababan agotadas. El padre, los fines de semana, y para compensar, les hacía una fabada, plato que, por lo visto, le queda fantástico.

Desde segundo de carrera empezó a hacer prácticas en 'La Nueva España' de Oviedo (ya había hecho sus primeros pinitos en los micrófonos de su abuela, la popular Menchu Alvárez). Nada más licenciarse en Ciencias de la Información, con 23 años, decidió viajar a México. "Quiero saber que soy capaz de hacer por mí misma", le confesó a una amiga. Colaboró en el diario 'ABC' y luego en la agencia EFE, donde hizo las prácticas del último año de carrera. Tras su etapa mexicana estuvo en el canal económico Bloomberg y posteriormente en CCN+. Su trabajo en esta cadena privada fue duro: se levantaba a las dos de la mañana para arrancar con el informativo matutino. Su marido, Alonso Guerrero, le acompañaba en el desayuno, pero el matrimonio-con ese horario tan desquiciante- comenzó a hacer agua.

Segura de sí misma -siempre le dijeron que su rostro 'enamora ala cámara'-, Letizia Ortiz envió un vídeo de su trabajó en CNN+ a Televisión Española. Lo vio el director general, Javier González Ferrari, y la fichó para el Canal 24 horas. En verano de 2002, sustituyó a Baltasar Magro en 'Informe Semanal' y es aquí -muy posiblemente- donde el Príncipe la 'conoció'. Su ascenso -a raíz de la cena en casa de Pedro Erquicia en octubre de aquel mismo año- fue meteórico. De un salto y dos zancadas se situó al lado del vilipendiado Alfredo Urdaci, con quien presentó el telediario más visto y codiciado por los profesionales, el que emite La Primera a las nueve de la noche. El 31 de octubre de 2003, un día antes de anunciarse el compromiso, salió a antena con la entereza de siempre. Sabía que era el último telediario de su vida.

La primera sonrisa que le arrancó el Príncipe ocurrió en la célebre cena organizada por Pedro Erquicia y tuvo como origen el tamaño de sus respectivas viviendas. Letizia Ortiz le habló de su casa de Valdebernardo, de apenas 90 metros cuadrados. "Si quieres podemos trasladarla a mi dormitorio", dijo el Príncipe. "Y si la apretamos un poco, la podemos meter en el vestidor". El Príncipe estuvo ocurrente y Letizia Ortiz respondió con una abierta sonrisa. La sonrisa, el primer impulso -decía Miguel Mihura- que un hombre debe provocar en una mujer si desea conquistarla.

Carlota, could you please edit your message to say where you got this article from? If it's from a website please list a link to the website. Thank you.

Agree with Lucys...being thing and at the same time having a full figure is just nice...Good for her....I always find Letizia and Felipe a handsome couple..they are warm, mature and know how to dress...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom