King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 7: November - December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zarzuela said:
Wow, I was speechless when I first saw the pictures of the Queen, she looks beautiful! Her dress was amazing. By the way, did anyone else notice that Hillary Cliton wore the same dress that she wore when the King and Queen were President Clinton's guest at the White House?

I hadnt noticed. you have a good memory. that is amazing! i'm sure she did it on purpose.

More from terra

Attachments

• 71fa3bb0b8f23g.jpg
    71fa3bb0b8f23g.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 71fa3bb0bd95eg.jpg
    71fa3bb0bd95eg.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 71fa3bb0c2b69g.jpg
    71fa3bb0c2b69g.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 71fa3bab04bdeg.jpg
    71fa3bab04bdeg.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 115
lula said:
More from terra

for just one second, I thought the blond lady Sophia was talking to on the first photo was...Eva Sannum.:D

pollyemma said:
for just one second, I thought the blond lady Sophia was talking to on the first photo was...Eva Sannum.:D

She is Miranda, the wife of Julio Iglesias. In the rest of photographies they are Andrés Pastrana, ex-president of Colombia and the designer Carolina Herrera.

Last edited:
lula said:
She is Miranda, the wife of Julio Iglesias.

isnt he dating Anna Kournikova???? (sorry o.t)

Among other guests at the gala were Anna Wintour, Liza Minelli and Karolina Kurkova... I guess it was a big event for the NY socialites.

pollyemma said:
isnt he dating Anna Kournikova???? (sorry o.t)

Anna is dating/engaged/married to Enrique Iglesias, Julio's oldest son.

Anna_R said:
Anna is dating/engaged/married to Enrique Iglesias, Julio's oldest son.

ah, i see. for some reason (i dont know why;) ) i'm thinking that this Miranda is not Enrique's mother.

The Queen look marvelous... i can't believe she's a grandmother of 7.
wow...

btw, is the gold medal recipient, Beatriz Santo-domingo somehow related to Tatiana Santo-Domingo, Andrea Casiraghi of Monaco's girlfriend? or they just have the same last name?

pollyemma said:
ah, i see. for some reason (i dont know why;) ) i'm thinking that this Miranda is not Enrique's mother.

No, she is not his mother. The first wife of Julio Iglesias was Isabel Preysler, a woman very known in Spain (after she married with a Marquess, and a minister), is one of the most elegant women of the country, if you did not see it either you would think that she is his mother.

FROM HOLA

Queen Sofía gives to the gold medal to Julio Iglesias

The queen Doña Sofia presided over the annual finery in which the gold medals of the Queen Sofia Spanish Institute of New York are given, that every year awards to those personalities that have contributed to present the Hispanic culture in the United States. The Spanish singer Julio Churches, the ex- North American Secretary of State Henry Kissinguer and the Colombian soprano Beatrice Santo Domingo were the awarded ones.

Attachments

• julioiglesias.jpg
    julioiglesias.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
lula said:
No, she is not his mother. The first wife of Julio Iglesias was Isabel Preysler, a woman very known in Spain (after she married with a Marquess, and a minister), is one of the most elegant women of the country, if you did not see it either you would think that she is his mother.

that's really interesting. thanks for telling me. i'm glad she's one of those "first wives" who went on to do really well for themselves.

lula said:
CLOSES OF THE CYCLE OF CONFERENCES " 75 YEARS OF COMMERCIAL TECHNICAL PERSONNEL AND ECONOMISTS OF THE STATE TO THE SERVICE OF THE ADMINISTRATION "
Department of Economy and Estate. Madrid

from terra

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 135
http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/presentan_rey_alfonso_xiii_617996.htm

The humanitarian action unfolded during the I World war by Alfonso XIII in please the prisoners takes shelter in a television program, that today was presented to the King in the Palace of the Zarzuela.

Don Juan Carlos received in hearing to representatives of the TVE, New Atlantis and Multicanal who have participated in the news article, that will be emitted in the first place by Channel History and more ahead by Spanish Television. The program narrates how Alfonso XIII took part so that 70,000 civilians and 12,000 soldiers prisoners were given back to their countries of origin during the war.
Everything began when a French launderer asked for the aid of the Spanish monarch to find her husband and she was obtained. In view of the result, the King decided to mount an office in the Real Palace of Madrid with 40 employees. Alfonso XIII took part please in 130,000 prisoners and made 4,000 visits of inspection personally. In the news article one demonstrates that, although Spain stayed neutral before the world-wide fight, was not indifferent to the conflict.
Between released thanks to the action of Alfonso XIII they appear names like those of the French singer Maurice Chevaliere or the Belgian historian Henri Pirenne.
The program could have been made thanks to the archives of National Patrimony. They were in the Palace of the Zarzuela to present to Don Juan Carlos the program Jose Maria Blanc, Alfredo Bernaldo de Quirós, Mountain Manuel and Roberto Blatt, among others.

lula said:
THE QUEEN

On Tuesday, the 29th of November, 2005

CONFERENCE - LUNCHEON INSIDE THE SERIES " RAMON AND CAJAL ", GIVEN BY THE DOCTOR D. J. Carlos IZPISÚA
New York

Image from terra

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited by a moderator:
lula said:
the king

Wednesday, on November 30, 2005

DELIVERS TO THE BOTANICAL GARDEN OF MADRID OF THE PRIZE GRANTED BY THE FOUNDATION FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE NATURE (FONDENA)

Top Council of Scientific Investigations(Researches). Madrid
From terra:

Attachments

• 71fa3c13fbbdbg.jpg
    71fa3c13fbbdbg.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 71fa3c140067bg.jpg
    71fa3c140067bg.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 99
http://www.canarias7.es/articulo.cfm?Id=14680

The King moves Adam Martin the solidarity of the Royal House with Canaries

The King Juan Carlos moved the prime minister of Canaries, Adam Martin, the solidarity of the Royal House with the canaries after the step along the islands of the tropical storm "Delta".
Adam Martin commented today on the journalists that on Tuesday night he received the personal call of the King, with whom he supported a long conversation in which the monarch was interested for the scope of the hurts suffered in the islands.
Don Juan Carlos took advantage of the conversation to move Martin his satisfaction with all the acts that were celebrated last week on the occasion of his visit to the islands, which it coincided with the anniversary XXX of his coronation.

The City council of Palma de Mallorca demands to the King 15.68 euros.

In the last number ot the Government reporter of Islas Baleares (BOIB), published Wednesday the past, the name of Juan Carlos Borbón Borbón appears by twice in the listing of almost the 120,000 who, at the moment, have some debt contracted with the City council of Palma de Mallorca. In particular, the official paper indicates that His Majesty the King must to pay 7.84 euros and 7.84 euros more, that is to say, a total of 15.68 euros, for not to pay in voluntary period (between the 1 of March and the 30 of April) the tax of circulation of two motorcycles that are to their name.:D :D

http://actualidad.terra.es/provincias/mallorca/articulo/ayuntamiento_palma_rey_626967.htm

Well, I didn’t know the King had 2 motorbikes…

Anyway, the same article says that, as it happens with many other citizens, the request for payment will be sent to a second address (in this case, to the Palace of La Zarzuela), with a surcharge of 5 to 20%, as well as with the respective delay expenses...

The King pays to the City council of Palm the 15.68 euros who had.
To the 15.68 mentioned euros is necessary to add the mandatory surcharge

Sources of the City council of Palma de Mallorca confirmed that "people authorized" in the morning settled the debt of 15.68 euros that His Majesty the King had contracted with the Consistorio of the Balearic capital.

http://noticias.ozu.es/PM20051206100537/abona-Ayuntamiento-Palma-15-68-euros-LOCALES.htm

nayralorenzo said:
I am from Canary Islands and it was really terrible.

I'm from the Canary Islands too. Where do you live nayralorenzo?
I'm from Tenerife, and in the north of the island, where I live, there weren't too many accidents, but I watched on TV a lot of horrible images from other parts of the island.
I'm happy to know that the King moved Adán Martín his solidarity with Canary Islands, he seems to love our islands! :D

Lunes, 12 de diciembre de 2005
Monday, on December 12, 2005

KINGS

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]CENA CON EL PRESIDENTE DE LA REPÚBLICA FEDERAL DE ALEMANIA Y SRA. DE KÖHLER
Palacio de La Zarzuela. Madrid

[/FONT]DINNER WITH THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY AND MS.. KÖHLER
Palace of La Zarzuela. Madrid

KING JUAN CARLOS

INAUGURACIÓN DEL III FORO HISPANO-ALEMÁN
Madrid

INAUGURATION OF THE FORUM III HISPANIC - GERMAN
Madrid

QUEEN SOFÍA

CONCIERTO A BENEFICIO DE "MUNDO EN ARMONÍA"
Auditorio Nacional. Madrid

CONCERT TO BENEFIT GIVES " WORLD IN HARMONY " National Audience. Madrid

Beatrice Santo Domingo

I'm sorry this is so late, but Beatrice Santo Domingo is Tatiana's grandmother (her grandfather is Julio Mario Santo Domingo, Beatrices's husband and one of the richest men in south america)...

again, sorry this came so late, but I haven´t had the time to reply before:eek: :eek: :eek:

crisiñaki said:
I'm sorry this is so late, but Beatrice Santo Domingo is Tatiana's grandmother (her grandfather is Julio Mario Santo Domingo, Beatrices's husband and one of the richest men in south america)...

again, sorry this came so late, but I haven´t had the time to reply before:eek: :eek: :eek:

She is not exactly her grandmother, is the second wife of her grandfather, of unmarried Beatrice Dávila.;)

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg051211/prensa/noticias/Madrid/Madrid/200512/11/NAC-MAD-158.asp

Queen will attend the Concert of Christmas of CEIM tomorrow.

Her Majesty the Queen will attend the traditional Concert of Christmas organized by the Enterprise Confederation of Madrid tomorrow, (CEIM), that will take place in the Symphonic Room of the National Audience, C/Príncipe de Vergara nº 146. The concert will be in charge of the Escolanía of the Real Monastery of San Lorenzo of the Escorial , directed by Gustavo Sanchez and of the Orchestra of Extremadura, directed by Jesus Amigo. The act will begin to the 19 hours.

King Juan Carlos (R) speaks at a press conference with German President Horst Kohler in Madrid, 12 December 2005. Kohler will be meeting later with Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero before a dinner in his honour at the Zarzuela palace

from Getty, terra and polfoto

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 138
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 117
  • 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
http://es.news.yahoo.com/051212/4/4gifz.html

King Juan Carlos encouraged today the European citizens to participate in the debate on the future of the EU in a "more activate way". These words were pronounced during the inauguration of 3rd Hispanic-German Forum, next to the German federal president, Horst Koehler.

In addition, Don Juan Carlos emphasized in his speech the increasing understanding between Spain and Germany and described this country as "a partner, an ally and a friend" of Spain, in all political, economic and cultural scopes.

Finally, His Majesty encouraged the Forum to approach the challenges raised by the globalization and the “South shore” of the Mediterranean.

Last edited:
Polfoto 12-12-2005 German President Horst Kohler, right, and Queen Sofia, second right, listen as King Juan Carlos chats the German President's wife Eva Luisa before having dinner in the Zarzuela Palace in Madrid Monday Dec. 12, 2005.

Attachments

• AP505203_guest.jpg
    AP505203_guest.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 156
from casareal.es :

HM the King presided over, along with the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, Horst Köhler, the inauguration of III the Forum Hispanic-German. Don Juan Carlos pronounced a speech in which it requested the implication of the form citizens more and more activates in the debate of the construction of Europe, and remembered that the European Union today lives a process on reflection on its future, derived from a period of deep transformations, and stood out that this Forum will dedicate an exciting attention "to the process of Europe". In the image, Don Juan Carlos and German president during the inauguration of III the Forum Hispanic-Hispano-Alema'n. (Foundation Rafael of the Pine. Madrid, 12 of December of 2005)

TM the Kings have offered in the Palace of the Zarzuela a supper to the President of the Federal Republic of Germany, Horst Köhler, and to their wife Eva Luise Köhler, in the occasion of his first visit to Spain, after its taking of possession like Head of the German State the 1 of 2005 July. (Palace of the Zarzuela. Madrid, 12 of December of 2005)

Attachments

• hispale01g.jpg
    hispale01g.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 127
  • kohler01g.jpg
    kohler01g.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom