King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 6: September - November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.panorama-actual.es/noticias/not180306.htm

Queen Sofía inaugurates the Palau of them Arts solemnly

HER MAJESTY WAS WARMLY RECEIVED BY the PUBLIC WHO WAITED her and SEVERAL PERSONALITIES OF BETWEEN WHICH THEY HONOR FRANCISCO CAMPS, CARMEN CALVO , RITA BARBERÁ and the DESIGNER Of the ENCLOSURE, SANTIAGO CALATRAVA

Queen Sofía already is attending the inaugural ceremony of the Palau of them Arts. The teacher Lorin Maazel has been the one in charge to make sound the hymn of Spain for next directing to the interpretation of fragments of the opera ´Carmen´ of Bizet. To his arrival to the emblematic enclosure his Majesty was received by the president of the Generalitat, Francisco Camps, the mayoress of Valencia, Rita Barberá, the minister of Education and Cultura, Bald Carmen and the architect of the project, Santiago Calatrava, among other personalities.

Queen Sofía also was received by a company of Valencian traditional musicos that interpreted a brief musical piece of ´dolçaina i tabalet´ soon to discover a commemorative plaque of the opening of the Palau. Later it acceded to the building before the applause of hundreds of people who hoped hours ago in the environs.

(...)

Photos from Getty:

Attachments

• 55880665.jpg
    55880665.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 55880675.jpg
    55880675.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 55880679.jpg
    55880679.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 55880641.jpg
    55880641.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 157
http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/reina_palau_arts_valencia_531924.htm

In this web there are videos.

The Queen inaugurated the Palau de las Arts of Valencia

The Queen Sofia has inaugurated the Palau of them Arts of Valencia that takes her name and there has presided a concert directed by Lorin Maazel and Enrique García Asensio, where the pieces of Spanish composers were the protagonists for ensalzar the architecture of an audience for the XXIst century.
(...)

Photo from terra:

Attachments

• 71fa0ea15e2c6g.jpg
    71fa0ea15e2c6g.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I'm really impressed by the building and it's architecture. As well as the Queen's outfit! She looks fantastic.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/10/08/cultura/1128800114.html

The Queen Sofia inaugurates in Valencia the Palau of Them Arts

VALENCIA. - Lorin Maazel has been the first one in raising the baton in the Valencian coliseum. The inaugural fastos of the theatre of opera of Valencia have begun with the presence of the Queen Sofia in the royal theater box. The guests to the first concert are sobrecogido before the impressive silhouette of the building created by Calatrava.

The Palau with Arts Reina Sofia crowns the City of the Arts and the Sciences, set that has attracted visitors of the whole world and that has changed the physiognomy of the city. Four inaugural concerts celebrate the conclusion of this work that to many citizens remembers to the transatlantic one and that has cost 250 million Euros.
(...)

Attachments

• 1128800114_0.jpg
    1128800114_0.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 155
Photos from elmundo and laspronvincias:

Attachments

• ef65a849a1ea68cdae583030eef9fb17_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    ef65a849a1ea68cdae583030eef9fb17_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 166
  • f18b88d83c6e22aa41e43e1ee33a1607_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    f18b88d83c6e22aa41e43e1ee33a1607_extras_albumes_0.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 6363937.jpg
    6363937.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgActualidad/index.html?currentDay=09-10-2005&currentImg=8

The Queen, happy in the inauguration of the audience that takes her name

The queen Doña Sofía applauds the musicians who have touched in her honor to receive it at her arrival to the Palace of the Arts, which takes her name. Her Majesty enjoyed so much of the spectacle that offers Calatrava's building, since of the concert directed by Lorin Maazel and Enrique García Asensio, with whom the audience had the premiere.

Attachments

• reina.jpg
    reina.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 163
The Queen looks beautiful and very happy!! :)

Photos from newscom:

Attachments

• sipaphotos307110.jpg
    sipaphotos307110.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 173
  • sipaphotos307111.jpg
    sipaphotos307111.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 181
  • sipaphotos307115.jpg
    sipaphotos307115.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 167
  • sipaphotos307124.jpg
    sipaphotos307124.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 144
http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgActualidad/index.html?currentDay=10-10-2005&currentImg=7

The Kings celebrate Miguel Mihura's centenary

Kings, don Juan Carlos and dona Sofía, greet at their arrival to the Theatre Prince of Madrid, where they were present at the representation of ' Three hats of glass ', one of the Michael Mihura's most popular comedies, directed by Gustavo Perez Puig. East years fulfills the centenary of the birth of the famous playwright of Madrid.

Photos from terra:

Attachments

• 71fa0f00a2ca8g.jpg
    71fa0f00a2ca8g.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 71fa0f009bb4fg.jpg
    71fa0f009bb4fg.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
http://www.telemadrid.com/informativos/noticia_completa.asp?id=136469&seccion=1MAD (with video)

(...)
THE KINGS EN THE THEATRE

We cannot forget that besides the fourth centenary of El Quijote, the first one of the birth is fulfilled also this year of one of the playwrights of Madrid most important of our history, Miguel Mihura.
His more emblematic, work " Three hats of glass ", had yesterday a few spectators of luxury. Theis majesties the Kings of Spain were present at the representation of the comedy in the Theatre Prince Great Route. The arrival of Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía has been received by the rest of the public by plaudits.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/rey_aaee_espana_535155.htm

The King with the Russian minister AAEE, of official visit in Spain

The King received this evening in the Palace of the Operetta the minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federation of Russia, Serguey Lavrov, which this morning initiated an official visit to Spain.
Don Juan Carlos greeted the chief of the Russian diplomacy in the lounge of hearings of the Palace of the Operetta, and after the established by protocol welcome both met in the office deprived of the King.
At the hearing there were present also the minister Spanish of Foreign Affairs, Michael Angel Moratinos, and the ambassadors of Spain before Moscow, Francisco Javier Elorza, and of Russia before Madrid, Alexander Igorovich Kuznetsov.
(...)

lula said:
http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgActualidad/index.html?currentDay=10-10-2005&currentImg=7

The Kings celebrate Miguel Mihura's centenary

Kings, don Juan Carlos and dona Sofía, greet at their arrival to the Theatre Prince of Madrid, where they were present at the representation of ' Three hats of glass ', one of the Michael Mihura's most popular comedies, directed by Gustavo Perez Puig. East years fulfills the centenary of the birth of the famous playwright of Madrid.

Photos from terra:
When was this celebration? :confused:

From Casa Real:

Attachments

• rusia24g.jpg
    rusia24g.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 172
Martes, 11 de octubre de 2005 /On Tuesday, the 11th of October, 2005

THE KING AND THE QUENN

REUNIÓN DE TRABAJO CON EL PATRONATO DE LA FUNDACIÓN CRUZ ROJA
Palacio de La Zarzuela. Madrid

MEETING WORK WITH THE PATRONAGE OF THE FOUNDATION RED CROSS
Palace of La Zarzuela. Madrid

THE QUENN

INAUGURACIÓN DE LA FERIA INTERNACIONAL DEL LIBRO "LIBER 2005"
Parque Ferial Juan Carlos I. Madrid

INAUGURATION OF THE INTERNATIONAL FAIR OF THE BOOK " LIBER 2005 " Fairground Park Juan Carlos I. Madrid

http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=142150&pIndiceNoticia=20&pIdSeccion=19

The Queen will inaugurate the fifth Fórum Mundial against the Poverty

At the meeting 49 delegations will be present

E. P., Valencia
The Queen Dona Sofía will inaugurate next March 29 5 º Fórum of the World Alliance of Cities Against the Poverty (WACP), which will be celebrated in Valencia for three days and it waits to assemble to near 1.000 attendees, as reported the town hall of Valencia.
(...)

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20051011085340&tabID=1&ch=71

The Queen presides today in Madrid at Liber's inauguration 2005, with Greece as invited country

MADRID, 11 Oct. (EUROPE PRESS)-
The Queen dona Sofía presides today in Ifema's fairground enclosure in the Field of the Nations of Madrid Liber 2005, act to which also there will come the minister of Culture, Carmen Calvo. Greece is the country invited of the international fair of the book, that this year celebrates the edition XXIII

From terra:

The Kings pose together with the president of Red Spanish Cross, Juan Manuel Suárez del Toro Rivero , moments before the beginning of the meeting work. The Kings pose together with the president of Red Spanish Cross, Juan Manuel Suárez del Toro Rivero, moments before the beginning of the meeting work with the Patronage of the Foundation Red Spanish Cross, which took place today in the Palace de la Zarzuela.

Attachments

• crusroja.jpg
    crusroja.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 164
  • 71fa0fb8a90f2g.jpg
    71fa0fb8a90f2g.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
From Casa Real:

Attachments

• croja02g.jpg
    croja02g.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 160
lula said:
http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/reina_palau_arts_valencia_531924.htm

In this web there are videos.

The Queen inaugurated the Palau de las Arts of Valencia

The Queen Sofia has inaugurated the Palau of them Arts of Valencia that takes her name and there has presided a concert directed by Lorin Maazel and Enrique García Asensio, where the pieces of Spanish composers were the protagonists for ensalzar the architecture of an audience for the XXIst century.
(...)

Photo from terra:
this outfit isn't the same that she wore in the wedding of the heir of jordan and of the daughter of José Maria Aznar?

rchainho said:
this outfit isn't the same that she wore in the wedding of the heir of jordan and of the daughter of José Maria Aznar?

Yes, I believe that it is the same garment. The Queen repeats very much suit, is something very normal. The suit that she was dressing today put on it last week, and last week and the previous one repeated the same green suit. It is something very normal. ;)

I have just seen on another board, (you've probably seen it aswell), that apparently in the Queen's biography or a book about her, she says that she doesn't like to cook at all and the King also says she is bad at these sorts of domestic things.Yes yes I know she is queen and has people to do it for her! :p This surprised me because I imagined her to be really 'hands on' with things like that..(if she has the time).
Does anyone know anything else about it, like have you read the book etc?

Thanks!

Last edited:
...sOfIa.... said:
I have just seen on another board, (you've probably seen it aswell), that apparently in the Queen's biography or a book about her, she says that she doesn't like to cook at all and the King also says she is bad at these sorts of domestic things.Yes yes I know she is queen and has people to do it for her! :p This surprised me because I imagined her to be really 'hands on' with things like that..(if she has the time).
Does anyone know anything else about it, like have you read the book etc?

Thanks!
Where did you see that? :)

The queen Sofía during the inauguration of the edition XXIII of the International Fair of the Book, Líber 2005.

From Terra:

Attachments

• 71fa0fc0f9365g.jpg
    71fa0fc0f9365g.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 71fa0fc102dbag.jpg
    71fa0fc102dbag.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 71fa0fc11230dg.jpg
    71fa0fc11230dg.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 136
...JuAnItA... said:
Here is a article about some of the worries of the Queen Sofia... sorry but the article is spanish and i can't translate it! :eek:

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/39532.asp

I do not believe myself much what says this article, this digital newspaper is not very trustworthy, already I have read in it several mistakes. Itspeaks on the commentaries of the Queen with a politician on the political current problems, and what will happen in the future. But it does not have very much felt, the Queen is a very discreet woman who is not in the habit of speaking about these things. It seems that it is more a rumor or something that someone has invented.:confused:

lula said:
I do not believe myself much what says this article, this digital newspaper is not very trustworthy, already I have read in it several mistakes. Itspeaks on the commentaries of the Queen with a politician on the political current problems, and what will happen in the future. But it does not have very much felt, the Queen is a very discreet woman who is not in the habit of speaking about these things. It seems that it is more a rumor or something that someone has invented.:confused:
I also think that the Queen is too much discret to say that kind of things in public... because if this is true, i think that the Queen speaks about this just at home... because there the walls haven't ears.
And when i saw the article i think that it isn't true!! but any way i put the article here to see the opinions of the others. ;)
What is the mistakes that you have read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom