King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 5: July - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Images from terra

Attachments

• 71f9e83c7c3b4g.jpg
    71f9e83c7c3b4g.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 71f9e83c80bf9g.jpg
    71f9e83c80bf9g.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 71f9e83c72707g.jpg
    71f9e83c72707g.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 71f9e83c6efeeg.jpg
    71f9e83c6efeeg.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
From newscom:

Attachments

• afplive849288.jpg
    afplive849288.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 199
  • afplive849294.jpg
    afplive849294.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 191
  • afplive849290.jpg
    afplive849290.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 194
  • afplive849286.jpg
    afplive849286.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 249
the queen looks lovely in that white dress.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Yes, but why she didn't wear a mantilla?

Maybe because it was a personal audience and not an official one.. I'm just guessing!;)

who's her designer. I read once that she a woman that makes her dresses and lives in Barcelona. I think that woman that makes her dresses made her the one from the wedding dress of the princes of asturias (the golden one on 22nd may).

rchainho said:
who's her designer. I read once that she a woman that makes her dresses and lives in Barcelona. I think that woman that makes her dresses made her the one from the wedding dress of the princes of asturias (the golden one on 22nd may).

The Queen's designer is called Margarita Nuez, and yes, she was the one who designed the dress that Queen Sofia wore in the wedding of the Princes.
;)

From newscom:

Attachments

• rtrlive032209.jpg
    rtrlive032209.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 189
  • rtrlive032238.jpg
    rtrlive032238.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 206
  • sipaphotos264114.jpg
    sipaphotos264114.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 164
  • sipaphotos264116.jpg
    sipaphotos264116.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 178
  • sipaphotos264118.jpg
    sipaphotos264118.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen's skirt is similar to the one CP Letizia wore a bunch of times some months ago, no?

planetcher said:
The Queen's skirt is similar to the one CP Letizia wore a bunch of times some months ago, no?
Yes, that'a line that is very in this year...

o agree that it looked strange she didn't wear long dress or mantilla. however, she still looked wonderful in that white suit.

yes, letizia has 2 or 3 skirts similar to that one sofia is wearing...

More from dpa without watermarks.

I also like what Sofia is wearing. I think that looked not so strange than the mantilla, straight because it was a personal audience.

Attachments

• showLayoutImage2.jpg
    showLayoutImage2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 219
  • showLayoutImage3.jpg
    showLayoutImage3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 167
http://www.elconfidencial.com/noticias/noticia.asp?id=5522

The Kings invite to Benedicto XVI to travel to Valencia the next month of august.

September of size of the text columns to give to your opinion Pope Benedicto XVI could visit Spain the next summer in the occasion of Encuentro the International of the Family, who will be celebrated the next year in Valencia. The Pontiff "was not to opposite" the invitation trasmitida by King Juan Carlos during the hearing that Gandolfo celebrated with the Kings in the Castel castle, according to affirmed the own monarch. His predecessor, Juan Pablo II, had announced his presence in the congress that will take place in August. During "a relaxed and warm" encounter, in words of Don Juan Carlos, in whom Benedicto XVI was "open, likeable, very alive and affectionate", the Pontiff received the invitation made by the president of the Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, and the president of the Valencian Community, Gerald Camps. During half an hour, the Kings talked with the Pope in the library of the Pontifical Palace, in which it was the first hearing, of "deprived" character, according to it has described Santa Sede, who Benedicto XVI celebrates with the maximum representatives of a Real House. The Kings arrived at Castel Gandolfo directly from the airport from Ciampino, where the Spanish airplane of the average Air Force in which they returned to Spain shortly before the twelve and of the noon landed. There they waited for the ambassador to them of Spain before Santa Sede, Jorge Dezcallar, and the undersecretary of Outer Subjects, Bald Luis, and by Vatican part archbishop Luigi Travaglino, Apostolic Nuncio, and by the head of the Spanish Section in the First Section of the Secretariat of State, Miguel Huguet Ameller. The greeting of the Pope to its Spanish guests took place to the doors of the Library of the Pontifical Palace, at where the Kings arrived accompanied by the Prefect of the Pontifical House, the archbishop James Harvey, who had given the welcome them to the Papal residence. Second encounter Era this one the second time that the Kings of Spain kissed the ring of Benedicto XVI, since the past 24 of April attended in the Seat of San Pedro, in preferred place, to the solemn ceremony with which until then cardinal Joseph Ratzinger it initiated his Pontificado. After the greetings, the Pope invited the Kings to accompany to the interior of the Library of Castel Gandolfo to him, where, seated around an office table, the hearing was celebrated. Without the ceremony and the protocol that surround the hearings by the Pope in the Vatican, its encounter with the Kings served so that Don Juan Carlos transmitted to Santo Padre the invitation to visit Spain. The conversation, according to a spokesman of the Real House, turned around the possible visit to our country and on "the real family future present and". Also they engaged in a dialog on the recent trip from the Pontiff to Colony for the World-wide Days of Youth. The Kings could verify the great knowledge that Benedicto XVI has of Spain, country that has visited in numerous occasions, before being Pope, and that Don Juan Carlos trusts to receive to him as rapidly as possible. "it has been a wonderful visit, in which the Pope has been very opened and likeable", they agreed in describing it the Kings, whom they flattered to the Pontiff with a facsimile of the "Code of the Devout one of San Millán of the Cogolla", as century X, written in mozárabe and Romanesque. He gave to rosaries and footpaths to them medals of the Vacant Seat.

I heard that Pope spoke in Italian with he kings. Is that true?

According to the article already posted by Lula, yes, they spoke in Italian, though Queen Sofia did interchange a few words in German with Benedict XVI .

I love the frillies at the bottom of her dress, very feminine. Is there a close up of her necklace?

Elsa M. said:
According to the article already posted by Lula, yes, they spoke in Italian, though Queen Sofia did interchange a few words in German with Benedict XVI .

I thought that only the King spoke Italian :confused:

http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=133872&pIndiceNoticia=26&pIdSeccion=17

The Queen Dona Sofía will inaugurate next 20th in the university campus of San Juan the new building of Neurociencias's Institute of the University Michael Hernández (UMH), as confirmed yesterday the rector, Jesus Rodríguez Marín, in the course of the inauguration of the exhibition of painting of the contest that the institution realizes together with Iberdrola.
Her Majesty, who will be accompanied by the minister of Education Maria Jesus San Segundo and different autonomic charges, will visit the academic center and of investigation on mentioned September 20, Tuesday.

...sOfIa.... said:
I thought that only the King spoke Italian :confused:

Yeah, I tohught the same thing... well, I heard that the Pope speaks Spanish so maybe they should have spoken Cervantes's language. The Queen speaks perfect German, and the King perfect Italian so this is quite an interesting situation isn't it?

I read that the conversation was mainly in Italian and if the Queen can't speak it, how did she know what was happening :confused:

...sOfIa.... said:
I read that the conversation was mainly in Italian and if the Queen can't speak it, how did she know what was happening :confused:
Well, it's not that difficult for a Latin speaker to follow a conversation in Italian... it's harder to speck (and that she probably did in German, since she masters it), but one can perfectly listen to Italian and understand the meaning of it...

Elsa M. said:
Well, it's not that difficult for a Latin speaker to follow a conversation in Italian... it's harder to speck (and that she probably did in German, since she masters it), but one can perfectly listen to Italian and understand the meaning of it...

You're right, it's easy to understand an Italian conversation when you speak Spanish and French, just like the Queen... so I guess she figured out easily what the Pope and the King were talking about.

hmm.. i suppose so. Thanks for explaining Elsa M and Zarzuela. I haven't yet mastered the spanish language even though i'm living here, so I wouldn't know :)

I speak both spanish and french and yes it does help in understanding italian--especially spanish, she probably did not understand word for word but knew what was going on and what they were talking about.

Queen Sofia speaks six languages. She speaks spanish, english, german, greek, italian and french.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom