King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 22: April 2012 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The holder of the "Annus horribilis" title has officially passed to JC.

After seing the video I find it a bit far fetched to say that JC hit his driver. He is known as an emotional or temperamentable but affable person. Maybe they had a discussion with a lot of gesturing about where to park but to speak of physical violence ... oh boy, the press is not being kind these days.
Of course, its all over the papers, citing some other "emotional/temperamental" incidents.
http://www.vanitatis.com/casas-real...juan-carlos-vuelve-a-sacar-su-caracter-20368/

Last edited:
A paper never refuses ink as the saying goes!

Though this incident looks harmless it won't do the King any favours with the media.

After seing the video I find it a bit far fetched to say that JC hit his driver. He is known as an emotional or temperamentable but affable person. Maybe they had a discussion with a lot of gesturing about where to park but to speak of physical violence ... oh boy, the press is not being kind these days.
Of course, its all over the papers, citing some other "emotional/temperamental" incidents.
El regreso del gen Borbn: don Juan Carlos vuelve a sacar su carcter

I think you're right - I saw the video and I think it's too blurry and nebulous to jump to such a conclusion.

But JC is not getting the benefit of the doubt these days in anything he does.

I think its just the way he is and has always been. JC is a men's man surrounded by a military circle, his attitude can appear as rude - especially towards his wife - but only until the press has lost all boundaries it becomes a story, some time ago it would have been "a cordial thump" or something.

I doubt JC surrounds himself with a driver who would bust into tears after one of such incidents. Rather the opposite, the driver will be a similar type of person most likely sharing the same attitude.

Last edited:
He certainly appears to be berating the poor driver pretty vehemently. Being seen publicly reprimanding or chiding a servant is surely among the most damaging faux pas that a royal can commit.

Sophie Wessex was photographed telling off one of her bodyguards in the street which damaged her reputation considerably.

He certainly appears to be berating the poor driver pretty vehemently. Being seen publicly reprimanding or chiding a servant is surely among the most damaging faux pas that a royal can commit.

Sophie Wessex was photographed telling off one of her bodyguards in the street which damaged her reputation considerably.

In this case - and in the public view, I believe - JC's behaviour was rather Prince Philip-ish (another old-school men's man moving in his very own circles) than Sophie Wessex. While Sophies actions were clear out in the open, its not clear at all what is going on in that car, if JC was angry or not or if a "men's conversation" was going on with a lot of gesturing. Unusual for a royal, JC was sitting in the front next to his driver and not in the back what speaks for a more personal relation rather than distance. Like most of the SRF staff the driver is likely to come from the military background, very much used to his antics.

While it was right to condemn Elephant gate, the press is now jumping on anything here.

In this case - and in the public view, I believe - JC's behaviour was rather Prince Philip-ish (another old-school men's man moving in his very own circles) than Sophie Wessex. While Sophies actions were clear out in the open, its not clear at all what is going on in that car, if JC was angry or not or if a "men's conversation" was going on with a lot of gesturing. Unusual for a royal, JC was sitting in the front next to his driver and not in the back what speaks for a more personal relation rather than distance. Like most of the SRF staff the driver is likely to come from the military background, very much used to his antics.

While it was right to condemn Elephant gate, the press is now jumping on anything here.

I tend to agree with you there,we don't know exactly what was going on and shouldn't jump to conclusions I guess.

Saying all that it didn't look good for the King and its just exactly what certain elements of the 'press' love to publish!

After seeing the video it seams that the problem is that the driver has stopped and them has start again rolling...and the man outside was opening the dorr whe he start rolling again...And it seams the King was saying that the men was opening the door so we could not start the car again, but he could say that in a more soft way, he was rude and everyone saw that from outside...:ermm:

King

Audience to the Board PhotoEspaña
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Audiencia a la Junta Directiva de PhotoEspaña. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Audience to the Governing Board of the Royal Cavalry of Sevilla
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Audiencia a la Junta de Gobierno de la Real Maestranza de Caballería de Sevilla. Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

King Juan Carlos of Spain Attends Audiences at Zarzuela Palace

Getty Images - Buscar: ESP: King Juan Carlos of Spain Attends Audiences at Zarzuela Palace

King

Audience to the Board of Governors of the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP)
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia a la Junta de Gobierno de la Federación Española de Municipios y Provincias (FEMP)

Audience to Mr. Enrique V. Iglesias, Iberoamerican Secretary General
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Audiencia al Excmo. Sr. Enrique V. Iglesias, Secretario General Iberoamericano

Audience with Mr. Mourad Medelci, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Algeria
Zarzuela Palace. Madrid

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividades/Paginas/actividades_actividades_detalle.aspx?data=11052

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom