King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 22: April 2012 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see if they will carry out official duties on the day itself.

I believe they had a celebration at Zarzuela to mark their Silver Anniversary but nothing for their Golden Anniversary.

Maybe they might have a small family gathering?

I believe they had a celebration at Zarzuela to mark their Silver Anniversary but nothing for their Golden Anniversary.

Maybe they might have a small family gathering?

Possibly, An Ri. ? Things may not be ideal but 50 years is still an awful long time to be with someone.

Moving on - Queen Sofia is going to Queen Elizabeth's Jubilee lunch on the 18th, isn't she. ?

Possibly, An Ri. ? Things may not be ideal but 50 years is still an awful long time to be with someone.

Moving on - Queen Sofia is going to Queen Elizabeth's Jubilee lunch on the 18th, isn't she. ?

You know it could well have been a focus of a much needed family celebrations but thanks to all the negative attention His Majesty attracted following his tumble that ruled it out.

I don't honestly know,I doubt the King will but perhaps the Queen may attend.

Today there was a meeting of the Chief of Press of the House of the King with the press.

There will be no official celebration of the Golden Jubilee, but but they could celebrate a family private event.

Queen Sofia will attend the lunch for the Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth.

King Juan Carlos plans to return to the activity outside the palace on June 2, Armed Forces Day. He plans an official visit to Chile and Brazil from 3 to 7 June.

Infanta Cristina will not attend official events at the moment.

Los Reyes no celebrarn de forma oficial sus Bodas de Oro - ABC.es

The ex royals will not be at the Queens lunch at Windsor Castle as that is for reigning monarchs only. I guess there is an outside chance they may be at the more formal dinner given by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace.

The ex royals will not be at the Queens lunch at Windsor Castle as that is for reigning monarchs only. I guess there is an outside chance they may be at the more formal dinner given by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace.

Thanks for that info.

At the very least so I assume that Sofia (if she travels) will stay with her brother. ?

Today there was a meeting of the Chief of Press of the House of the King with the press.

There will be no official celebration of the Golden Jubilee, but but they could celebrate a family private event.

Queen Sofia will attend the lunch for the Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth.

King Juan Carlos plans to return to the activity outside the palace on June 2, Armed Forces Day. He plans an official visit to Chile and Brazil from 3 to 7 June.

Infanta Cristina will not attend official events at the moment.

Los Reyes no celebrarn de forma oficial sus Bodas de Oro - ABC.es

Delighted to hear that Sofia will be heading to London.

Juan Carlos' first major outing seems a bit arduous and tiring.

It had to come - official confirmation regarding Cristina not attending events.

It will be interesting to see if they will carry out official duties on the day itself.

May 14th is a brigde day in Spain. According to this article, a new stamp with the Kings on it had been planned but is now put on hold. I seriously doubt there were plans to celebrate the wedding anniversary a la nordic countries or even toned down in the first place. When JC turned 70, he had to be urged to do a public celebration which in the end was very low key, not involving other royals. The SRF prefers to do the lavish stuff behind closed doors and live austerity in public
Juan Carlos' Affären: Spaniens Königin Sofia macht jetzt, was sie will - Nachrichten Panorama - Leute - WELT ONLINE

I think seeing Sofia so angry in sad in public such as last week at the Royal Guards Ceremony has nothing to do with the scandals around JC (the marriage will have been an arrangement for decades) but with the fact that it has finally sunk in that Inaki is guilty and the impact on the family.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Sofia+Spain+Attends+Royal+Guards+Swear+ahTwWa09Wzzl.jpg

I think seeing Sofia so angry in sad in public such as last week at the Royal Guards Ceremony has nothing to do with the scandals around JC (the marriage will have been an arrangement for decades) but with the fact that it has finally sunk in that Inaki is guilty and the impact on the family.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Sofia+Spain+Attends+Royal+Guards+Swear+ahTwWa09Wzzl.jpg

I think the Queen looked more 'tired' than angry,again that's my interpretation.

Duke, what does a "bridge day" mean. ? I haven't heard that expression before.

On May 15th there is a public holiday in Madrid (not in Spain) so people may take off May 14th in order to have a very long weekend. It doesnt mean there is no event, but public life will go a bit slower on May 14th.

On May 15th there is a public holiday in Madrid (not in Spain) so people may take off May 14th in order to have a very long weekend. It doesnt mean there is no event, but public life will go a bit slower on May 14th.

Cheers, Duke. We, Irish, have these bridge days too. We just didn't know what to call them ..... until now. ! :flowers:

Photo's of the Royal Family released by the Palace to mark The Golden wedding anniversary on 14 May 2012.

Well I guess its something!

PPE Agency

PPE Agency

Photo's of the Royal Family released by the Palace to mark The Golden wedding anniversary on 14 May 2012.

Well I guess its something!

PPE Agency

PPE Agency
Kind of odd group of pictures don't you think? There's no theme to them. But like you said at least it's something.

Kind of odd group of pictures don't you think? There's no theme to them. But like you said at least it's something.

I like them,they seem to have no real theme but in lieu of all the other non events at least they did something.

Personally I'd have liked to have seen at least a new stamp :D

50 photos have been distributed, one for each year of marriage, each photo represents the most significant official or family event of that year.

Given all the problems on both state and personal levels, it is understandable that the Spanish royals are not planning to hold celebrations. It is sad though that the milestone such as the Golden Wedding would not be celebrated.

Last edited:
No surprise really (due to crisis in Spain).

Do you think they will attend the funeral of Christina's father-in-law?

Inaki's father was not responsible for his son's alleged dirty affairs, so why not? They had contact with each other, I suppose.

Do you think they will attend the funeral of Christina's father-in-law?

Its the first time an in-law has died. Jaime's father had already died at the time of the marriage. The Kings attended the funeral of Letizia's sister when she committed suicide but they stayed away (sent a wreath instead) when two of her grandparents died. I am sure at least Queen Sofia will go, JC can be excused because of his hip.

Last edited:
Its the first time an in-law has died. Jaime's father had already died at the time of the marriage. The Kings attended the funeral of Letizia's sister when she committed suicide but they stayed away (sent a wreath instead) when two of her grandparents died. I am sure at least Queen Sofia will go, JC can be excused because of his hip.

The information is in the appropriate forum. Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena will attend the funeral chapel in Vitoria.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...part-15-march-2011-a-30309-8.html#post1410212

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom