King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 22: April 2012 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking About the Past, Spain's King Seems Out of Touch With the Present - NYTimes.com

In celebration of his 75th birthday this month, King Juan Carlos I of Spain — the storied monarch credited with steering the country from dictatorship to democracy — gave a 20-minute interview on Spanish public television.
The conversation, meant to be humanizing and honorific, ended up piquing Spanish viewers. The interviewer came across as obsequious; the king’s answers were vague and banal.
“How would you define your yesterday, today and tomorrow?” the interviewer asked at one point. “Commitment, investment and hope,” the king responded.

Even supporters of Juan Carlos had to concede it went badly.

King Juan Carlos was awarded the Altyn Kyran (Golden Eagle) order. Tengrinews.kz

In accordance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 12, 1995 No. 2676 "On State Awards of the Republic of Kazakhstan" the Order of Altyn Kyran (Golden Eagle) is a sign of the highest degree of distinction. They are conferred on citizens for outstanding state merits to the country. The Order of Altyn Kyran may be conferred to citizens who have previously awarded one of the orders of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Soviet Union. The President of the Republic of Kazakhstan ex officio becomes a Commander of special model of the Order of Altyn Kyran.

Personal page Symbols of power

Last edited:
I've never heard of the Zurbano Palace in Madrid :question:

I don't know if I can post this information on this thread but next tuesday (19th february),french channel France 2 will broadcast a documentary "secrets d'histoire"on King Juan Carlos.The documentary is presented by Stephane Bern.
For those who are outside France,I think the documetary will certainly be available on youtube later on as are the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom