King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 20: March 2010 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EL Rey looks good and sounds strong and healthy in his speech-wish him and all the Spanish royals a wonderful New Year!:flowers:

Breaking News Today » King Juan Carlos of Spain Talked About Economic Crisis in The Country

Spain had a difficult year and the battle will continue not to become Europe's next Greece. Looking at the protests that are going on there against the government and representatives, it would be a worst case scenario for the SRF. The next elections are supposed to be in 2012 and Zapatero is a lame duck already, unlikely to stand for office again. And no, JC will certainly not resign and hand over to his son, that would mean really bad news for the country.

Does anyone have the English translation of King Juan Carlos 's speech ??

Does anyone have the English translation of King Juan Carlos 's speech ??

by babelfish, Yahoo. Its a men's world in Spain, the King mentions the support of the Prince but not of the Princess or even the Queen :p

Good night! I want that my first words are for transmitting of heart to all the Spaniards my better desires of peace, prosperity and happiness in these Christmas Celebrations and for New Year 2011. We arrive at the end of a difficult and complex year, marked by an economic crisis, in Spain and other countries, longer and intense of the awaited thing. In our case it has shown structural imbalances and deficiencies that there are to solve together with effectiveness and speed. Most painful it is than it has struck to so many men and women who have suffered - in their own meat or its families the deprivation of rank and privileges. The unemployed concentrate our preoccupations; they are a insoslayable priority. The Spanish society cannot leave, especially, so many young people lack by more time of a work. Fodder also in those who they have had to close commerce, factories or businesses. In all the people who have assumed great sacrifices and efforts throughout this year: working employees, independent, professional, industralists, pensioners or civil servants. All of them deserve ours ampler endorsement. Their multiple daily sleeplessness and those of million families, count on our greater gratitude because they contribute to the good of all. The crisis has required the adoption of important decisions on the part of our powers and public institutions at all the levels. On European scale it has demanded to arrange new initiatives. In spite of certain encouraging signs, it has still not been obtained a total stabilization and international recovery. It is precise to follow ahead with persistence, to resolutely win the battle to unemployment, certainty and firmness; to improve in productivity and competitiveness, education and innovation; and to return to locate to our economy with vision of future in the point squad, maintaining our protection and social cohesion. Without a suitable growth we will not create job. And to grow as we needed, we must continue and approach together the necessary reforms, fulfilling in addition our commitments in budgetary matter and of deficit. One is to modernize our productive model and to generate major confidence to reactivate our economy, projecting to the world new examples of vitality and impulse like society. We could leave previous economic crises successfully. We have of the conditions and the instruments necessary to obtain it again. We are a great Nation, proud of its plurality and diversity, integrated in the European Union with which we are jeopardizes and by that always we have bet. A country of laborious and creative people, with a splendid youth, an immense one and varied cultural patrimony, modern infrastructures and many sharpshooting companies on international scale. The same Spain that has been able to progress and to pass many tests successfully. We have not arrived up to here to let to us win by the difficulties, to resign to our ambitions to construct a country every time better. We must exile the downheart, raise the head, combine efforts and continue the task, conscious than we are, than already we have and than we can advance. The new times require great commitments on the part of all. If we want to win the future, we must watch further on, stimulate illusions and fortify capacities, knowing that together we will arrive always more far. By all this, to leave the crisis and to assure new well-being and prosperity horizons, we needed unit, responsibility and solidarity. These are the best allies to overcome difficulties and to feed our hopes. The same that have guided other countries. I believe that the present situation has put of relief the evident thing: of how it goes to him to Spain depends how it goes to him to each one of the Spaniards. For that reason, individual nor collective attitudes of indifference or egoism do not fit, that damages in the end us to all. Nothing that is worth the pain obtains without resignations and delivery. It is precise to foment the exercise of great values and virtues like the will of overcoming, the rigor, the sacrifice and the honesty. Values and virtues whose absence is not other people's to the origin of the crisis, and that are consubstantial to all right and equitable society. Really, we must unite our forces to reach new collective profits, with confidence in we ourself and our country, counting on the action of our institutions within the framework of coexistence and stability that assures our Constitution. All, beginning by our political parties and economic and social agents, we are important to conjugate wills in this direction, with generosity, sense of State and thinking about the general interest. I want to reiterate tonight that the terrorism only provokes sentence and repudio in whatever we defend the freedom and the democracy. We do not have to need determination to end this damages. We honor and we wrap our affection and solidarity to the victims of the terrorist violence and to their families yet. On the other hand, we continue paying the maximum attention to the excluded ones and marginalizing, working by the equality of opportunities and in support of the disabled ones. We also redouble efforts to fight drugs and to finish with the unacceptable violence of sort. And by all means, we take care of plus our natural surroundings. We gambled much on a daily basis in the complex and competitive world in which we lived. For that reason we must defend the paper and the interests of Spain in the international plane and maintain our commitments with La Paz and the development of many needed nations. In this frame I direct to my gratitude and affection, to the members of our Armed Forces and displaced Bodies of Security in other countries, that have suffered the loss of companions who remain in our memory. But year 2010 also leaves joys us, accomplishments and hopes, including numerous unforgettable triumphs in the history of our sport. I am convinced that 2011 will contribute to new successes and advances to us in many fields! I have counted always, and very especially this year, with the affection of the Spaniards and the active support of the Prince of Asturias. When expressing my gratefulness I want, once again, to assure that itself and will continue always fulfilling illusion my constitutional functions the service of Spain. She is without a doubt my to have, but it is also my passion. I want to end up reiterating my total confidence in Spain and our citizens. Confidence in our capacity and strength to leave to our children and grandsons a every time better country, with greater prosperity in each town, city and Independent Community. To sum up, total confidence in which we will continue progressing. Very Merry Christmas and New Year 2011, in own name and on my Family, to all the Spaniards and whichever foreigners live with us! Good night.

Another book on the way about JC's past, this time from Spanish writer Maria Jose Zavala. Its deals with very old rumours about illigitimate children etc.

I think that there certainly is some truth but it wont be disclosed while JC is still alive. After his death, it is likely that we will have another Prince Bernhard szenario, revealing some more official siblings for Elena, Cristina and Felipe.

Bastardos y borbones: Los hijos desconocidos de la dinasta - Jos Mara Zavala - Sinopsis del libro, reseas, comentarios - Lecturalia

• Hat Knig Juan Carlos uneheliche Kinder? Neues Enthllungsbuch erschttert Spanien • Gesellschaft & Leute • news.at

;)
Another book on the way about JC's past, this time from Spanish writer Maria Jose Zavala. Its deals with very old rumours about illigitimate children etc.

I think that there certainly is some truth but it wont be disclosed while JC is still alive. After his death, it is likely that we will have another Prince Bernhard szenario, revealing some more official siblings for Elena, Cristina and Felipe.

Bastardos y borbones: Los hijos desconocidos de la dinasta - Jos Mara Zavala - Sinopsis del libro, reseas, comentarios - Lecturalia

• Hat Knig Juan Carlos uneheliche Kinder? Neues Enthllungsbuch erschttert Spanien • Gesellschaft & Leute • news.at

It's a book by José María Zavala, not María José Zavala ;)
(José María is a man, María José would be a woman)

Why do you say it's about JC's past? From what I understand from the link you provided in Spanish it's a book about the Borbón's bastards, from Carlos IV until Alfonso XIII. The sypnosis doesn't say anything about the current King.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom