King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 17: November 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Welcome to the new thread for the current events of
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia

Previous thread can be found here.

Before posting please remember:
  • This thread is for current events only.
  • Do not post an entire article. Just give a short summary and then post a link to the entire article.
  • Only photos that you have permission from the copyright owner to post may be posted. Otherwise please post links.
  • You may agree or disagree, but you must be respectul and civil, both towards your fellow-members and people you are discussing.
Have fun! :flowers:

THE QUEEN SOFIA THE DELIVERY OF MEDALS GOLD 2007 THE QUEEN SOFIA SPANISH INSTITUTE
Penélope Cruz and former president of the United States Bill Clinton were the winners of this edición29 NOVEMBER 2007

New York dressed last night gala on the occasion of the delivery of the gold medals from Queen Sofia Spanish Institute at the hotel Pierre de Fifth Avenue. Queen Sofia, radiant with a long red dress and a matching stole, was responsible for chairing this event with Hispanic flavor, which were awarded actress Penelope Cruz and former president Bill Clinton in recognition of his contribution the dissemination of Hispanic culture in the United States.

Queen Sofía was "delighted" to attend the event and reward these "extraordinary individuals" whose merit has been common "promote and enrich the cultural and intellectual ties between EE. UU. And Spain, and increase awareness of lifestyle and the Spanish and Latin American culture in this country. "

LA REINA SOFÍA ENTREGA LAS MEDALLAS DE ORO 2007 DEL QUEEN SOFIA SPANISH INSTITUTE

Images

Galerías de imágenes

Queen Sofia attended the Gold Medal Gala 2007 with former President Bill Clinton and actress Penelope Cruz in New York

PPE Agency

IPApress

Speech by Her Majesty the Queen

I am very happy to take part, once again, in the Gold Medal Ceremony held annually by the Queen Sofia Spanish Institute, whose aim is to strengthen the cultural ties between the United States, Spain and Latin America, as well as to broaden the knowledge of Spanish-speaking cultures.
Today we acknowledge the value of two remarkable people, who stand out by their excellence in their own fields.

President William J. Clinton played a significant role as a world leader during his presidential mandate, as well as devoting a great deal of effort to enhance political, economic and cultural ties between the United States and Spain.

Nowadays he still works at this task, through several international initiatives he is undertaking to help solve some of the pressing global problems confronting us.

The other person we reward today is the great Spanish actress Penélope Cruz, whose wonderful and versatile film career has brought to many international audiences the most profound and authentic sense of Spanish popular culture.

Both of them, so different from one another personally and professionally, have succeeded in directing their intelligence and energy towards a common goal: to spread a message of peace, harmony and well-being amongst so many cultures and societies from all over the world.

My heartfelt thanks, once more, to Oscar de la Renta and to the Queen Sofia Spanish Institute for doing a splendid job; and to you all my warmest good wishes for the coming Christmas Holidays.

Thank you very much.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

the Queen looks gorgeous in red, so regal and beautiful! :flowers:

The queen is the most beautiful, impressive, seems twenty years younger .The dressed is wonderful and his class and elegance natives are incredible. It is a pride for all the Spanish to take her as a representative. There is no other one as her

Queen Sofia looks really great!
I love her dress, purse, scarf and earrings..... everything is perfect.
Red is her colour! She looks gorgeous in red!
She has such a beautiful smile!
A real Queen!

The red gown is OK, too red and hurts my eyes. I like her old Oscar de la Renta's dress better. Penelope looked beautiful on the front with a beautiful face and smile, but the big bow on the back looked very strange.

Last night, Queen Sofia with her absolutely disarming smile and candor, her most elegant appearance and style presented to the world the perfect mix or blend of being regal and a star.
She is not a beautiful woman by any classical measure, but her personality overwhelms everything, the flaws disappear and, in the end, she reigns supreme.
I feel strenuously that Sofia is a living example of, and teaches every woman, what personality and character can achieve - the opportunities are unlimited.
VIVA LA RENA SOFIA

The Queen looked wonderful at the evening glaa, the red dress suits her and she pulled it off.

El Rey se reúne hoy con Sarkozy para agradecerle su lucha contra ETA

The King meets today Sarkozy to be grateful for his fight against ETA

The King will be grateful today to the French president, Nicolas Sarkozy, the excellent cooperation that ETA gives his country to Spain in the fight against the terrorist band, they informed to Europa Press sources of Royal Household.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom