King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 13: October 2006 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the new thread for the current events of TM the King and Queen of Spain.

The old thread can be found here.

Please keep in mind our Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is for current events only;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles;
*be respectful to the opinions of others, even if you disagree.

Have fun!:flowers:

Hearing in the Palace of the Zarzuela to the Organizing Committee of the Lounge Inmoviliario Internacional " Barcelona Meeting Point "
Palace of The Zarzuela . Madrid

From casareal and terra

Queen Sofia in Cordoba

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/reina_cadiz_centro_cultural_municipal_1162628.htm

Queen comes to Cadiz to inaugurate Cultural Municipal Center

The Queen came this evening to Cadiz, where she inaugurated the Cultural Municipal Center that takes her name, one of the emblematic projects of this city and that will have an out-standing role in the commemoration of the bicentenary of the Constitution of 1812, and later she has foreseen to visit a Phoenician deposit.

Dona Sofía came at seven o'clock in the afternoon to the former building of the Military Government of Cadiz, accompanied by the minister of Culture, Carmen Calvo, and for the mayor of the city, Teófila Martínez.

From terra

Last edited:
Inauguration of the II Symposium International on Desertification and Migrations
Campus of the University of Almeria

From terra

Inaugural concert of the first season of Opera, with the representation of "Fidelio"
Palau of them Arts of Valencia

From terra

Hearing in the Palace of The Zarzuela to the Presidents of the Colleges or General Counselors of Attorneys of the Latin-American Community and other relevant Jurists
Palace of The Zarzuela. Madrid​

Last edited:
Thank you SO much lula! :flowers:

It seems tthat the Queen is REALLY changing her clothes, i thought she wouldn't change that much. :wub:
It's just my impression or she looks very happy :wub:

Last edited:
Thankssss lula !!!
great pictures of the kings

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/rey_espana_destaca_abismo_comunicacion_1165989.htm

King emphasizes 'abyss' between Spain communication of 1976 and 2006

The King stood out this night the existing 'abyss' between the Spain of the communication of 1976 and that of the present, ' a modern, dynamical and opened country that arranges - he said - of a wide, plural and diverse set of mass media '.

A few means, on don Juan Carlos' opinion, which they have turned ' into alive reality the freedom of information and expression ' recovered by the Spanish ' of the hand ' of the Constitution of 1978, ' fruit of the most wide consensus never reached ', he insisted.

The King spoke this way after delivering the Prize of Journalism 'Antonio Asensio', in fourth edition, to the international organization ' Reporters without Borders ', of that he stressed ' the permanent defense of the freedom of the mass media ' and their activity in favor of the journalists ' that they see infringed, prevented or restricted the freedom of expression '.
One has given the 'happy' circumstance, he added, of that the delivery of this prize has taken place twenty-four hours after the liberation of the Spanish photographer Emilio Fernandez Morenatti, kidnapped yesterday for fifteen hours in Gaza, in the Palestinian territories.

In the same act, a dinner celebrated in the Circle of Fine arts of Madrid, thirty were commemorated anniversary of the foundation by the businessman Antonio Asensio, already deceased, of the Group Zeta of communication.

Last edited:
Delivery of the Prizes "Jaime I"
Valencia

From terra

Last edited:
Inauguration of the IInd Biennial International of Contemporary Art of Seville

Terra:​

Afp-getty​

Last edited:
No disrespect here but I love the pink tie His Majesty is wearing there-maybe one picked for him by Sofia????:) He looks very nice and distinguished.

http://www.regiondigital.com/modulos/mod_periodico/pub/mostrar_noticia.php?id=47728

The Kings will preside at the inauguration of the sample " We. Extremadura in its Patrimony ", organized by Box Extremadura

The Church of San Francisco Javier (known by the Precious Blood) of the city of Caceres, will receive this act, on the occasion of the celebration of the first Centenary of the foundation of the Box.

Their Majesties the Kings will preside at the act of inauguration of the Exhibition " We. Extremadura in its Patrimony ", organized by the Box of Estremadura, on the occasion of the celebration of the first Centenary of its foundation

Next October 31, World Day of the Saving, at 11.30 hours.

Jackswife said:
No disrespect here but I love the pink tie His Majesty is wearing there-maybe one picked for him by Sofia????:) He looks very nice and distinguished.

I can totally imagine her doing that: "Juanito, that tie doesn't match your suit, here, take this one":lol::wub:

Concert of the Symphonic National Orchestra Checks, supported by the company Vacheron Constantin to benefit of the Foundation Queen Sofia and the project Alzheimer
Madrid​
From seegerpress

Great pics! I like The Queen's skirt, the pattern on it is really nice. What an elegant woman :flowers:

He did it: King Juan Carlos shot that bear in Russia, albeit he wasn't aware that the organizers of the hunt had fed the bear vodka with honey, so that the bear was drunk.

Here's a video reportage that the Dutch tv station RTL made. Scroll all the way down to where it says: 'Video's Maandag' and click on 'Jacht op Dronken Beer' which translates as "Hunting a Drunk Bear".

http://www.rtl.nl/actueel/rtlnieuws/video/

And no, it doesn't include footage of the actual hunt, but they show where it took place and interview locals who have their say and confirm it was him, yep indeedy it was. no matter what the Spanish king's flak's denials say.

The video won't be up for much longer: usually no more than a week.

So, people, he did it. He shot that bear. The bear was a semi-tame bear that everyone in the neighborhood knew and loved.

Granted, the King probably didn't realize that this bear wasn't wild, and that it was drunk. But he could have known, as experts say this is not an uncommon practice in Russia.

Why oh why can't the Monarch of a country keep to, say, sailing or playing golf?

Why does he resort to doing what would be plainly ILLEGAL in HIS OWN COUNTRY???

Funny how little sympathy this Monarch, himself belonging to the 'endangered species' of reigning monarchs, can't have an ounce of sympathy for another, also not-so-ubiquitous-anymore, innocent, creature, a bear?

I used to admire King Juan Carlos for his bravery. He's brave no longer in my view. The RTL news crew interviewed some locals in Russia who are really sad their bear is shot, by just some dude from Spain who thinks it's his prerogative as a rich person to go to a country and get privileges there most of us wouldn't.

For Shame, JC. I expected much more from the guy I used to think was the best male monarch in the world. For Shame!

Last edited:
King Juan Carlos
Visit to the Group of Schools of Matacán
Base Aerial of Matacán. Salamanca

from terra

From terra

Visit to the Group of Schools of Matacán
Base Aerial of Matacán. Salamanca

Meeting with the Excmo. Mr Ely Ould Mohamed Vall, President of the Military Council for the Justice and for the Democracy of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania
Palace of La Zarzuela. Madrid

Hearing to the Secretary of State of the Algerian Democratic and Popular Republic, Mr. D. Mohamed Bedjaoui
Palace of La Zarzuela. Madrid

Thanksss for the photos of the king

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom