King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 11: June - August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallis said:
I can't imagine seeing the Queen of England, Elizabeth II, expressing sorrow like this. As a matter of fact, I once saw on television a British citizen reaching out to hug the Queen and she looked horrified and shocked. On the other hand, Queen Sofia has always been loving and serious towards her people. (I hope I don't anger the fans of the British monarchy for saying this.)
we have to remember that the spanish and british people are quite different. having spent time in spain and lived in britain recently, i can tell you that the spanish are much more expressive while the english are more reserved. thats why the reaction to dianas death took the royals by surprise, it was very unlike the british. the queen of england therefore is very british in her more reserved manner of handling situations. sofia is from another generation and her position and her manner of carrying herself has been shaped by the circumstances in spain. the comparison cannot be made b/w the two. and the fact that the spanish royals have had to win their way into the hearts of spaniards does not make them any better than the other royal houses, as the other monarchs, including QEII who has served her country for 54 yrs, are as devoted to their respective countries/subjects!

Last edited:
Queen Sofia (R) chats with Alzheimer Congress' President, Khalid Iqbal (L), as she visits the Queen Sofia Foundation's Alzheimer Project stand at the X International Summit on Alzheimer Disease that runs in Madrid, Spain, on Tuesday 18 July 2006. Some 5.000 experts attend the Summit until Thursday 20 July 2006 to discuss on new therapies to fight Alzheime

from anp and terra

Attachments

• 3283636.jpg
    3283636.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Queen Sofia (R) chats with Alzheimer Congress' President, Khalid Iqbal (L), as she visits the Queen Sofia Foundation's Alzheimer Project stand at the X International Summit on Alzheimer Disease that runs in Madrid, Spain, on Tuesday 18 July 2006. Some 5.000 experts attend the Summit until Thursday 20 July 2006 to discuss on new therapies to fight Alzheime

from anp

Thank you fanletizia!!!!!!
I have seen the images in television and I was waiting for the photo ... again the same suit ¡¡¡¡ ... definitively this and the blue are her favorites for this spring-summer, I believe that each one has put at least on 5 times.

The King:

Hearing to the Secretary General of the Organization of American States (O.A.S.), Mr. José Miguel Insulza (Palacio de la Zarzuela, Madrid)

from terra

Attachments

• 72082fe2e812fg.jpg
    72082fe2e812fg.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 72082fe2ed722g.jpg
    72082fe2ed722g.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 72082fe2edbd6g.jpg
    72082fe2edbd6g.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 134
fanletizia said:

from anp and terra

The queen last uses new suits, these two last ones are precious red and the yellow, thanks for the photos. :) :)

The King:

Hearing to the Minister of Defense of the Republic of Chile (Palacio de la Zarzuela, Madrid)

from terra

Attachments

• 7208303c552dcg.jpg
    7208303c552dcg.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 7208303c55409g.jpg
    7208303c55409g.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 7208303c5c684g.jpg
    7208303c5c684g.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
The king visits Morocco on Monday to reinforce the bilateral relations

This is the second visit of Juan Carlos to Rabat in 18 months; the last one was in January of 2005, although of private character. Political sources near the Palace indicate that both monarchs will approach subjects of the present time like the economic cooperation, immigration, the Western Sahara and the future of the relations between both countries.

It is necessary to indicate that the Spanish monarch Juan Carlos has recovered at the moment his paper like interlocutor with Morocco, something that lost at the time of the ex- ones has a feeling of the government Jose Maria Aznar. The present one has a feeling of the government Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero confirmed in its speech of investiture in April 2004 that the king “would have an excellent paper in the foreign policy of the country”.

http://www.canarias7.es/articulo.cfm?Id=31150

From casa real and terra:

Private lunch with His Majesty the King Mohammed VI Casablanca (Morocco), July 24th 2006
His Majesty the King traveled to Casablanca to meet with the Chief of State of Morocco

To its arrival at the Airport of Casablanca, Don Juan Carlos was received by his Majesty the King Mohamed VI, who waited to him on foot of track. After receiving military honorses, the monarchs were transferred to the private residence of the King in the city, to celebrate an encounter and to share a lunch.
To his term, His Majesty the King returned to Palma de Mallorca, place of summer residence of the Royal Family.

Attachments

• maroco.jpg
    maroco.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 108
  • maroco2.jpg
    maroco2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 161
  • maroco3.jpg
    maroco3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 128
  • maroco4.jpg
    maroco4.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 148
  • maroco5.jpg
    maroco5.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 167
  • maroco6.jpg
    maroco6.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
The King will receive tomorrow in hearing to the authorities of Balearic

King Juan Carlos will receive tomorrow in hearing in the Palace of the Almudaina de Palma to the main autonomic and local authorities of Balearic. According to sources informed today into the House of the King, Don Juan Carlos will tomorrow receive the president of the Balearic Govern, Jaume Matas; to the one of the autonomic Parliament, Pere Rotger, and to the mayoress of the city, Catherine Cirer.
Also one will meet with the president of the Club Nautical of Palm, Matías Salvá, and the organizing committee of the Glass of the King of candle, that will be accompanied by Cirer, in the occasion of the twenty fifth anniversary of the regata.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/rey_baleares_recibira_audiencia_autoridades_1003961.htm

The Kings announce their presence in the delivery of the Gold medal to Escarrer

PALM. - The Kings have announced who will attend the next Saturday to the delivery of the Gold medal of the Independent Community the tourist industralist Gabriel Escarrer, founder of the group Sun Meliá, in an act that will be celebrated as of the 20,00 hours in the castle of Bellver de Palma.

http://www.mallorcadiario.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17411&Itemid=29

“25 years of images” affluent are worth a Glass

The Kings will inaugurate day 31 of Julio a exhibition that reviews the most significant moments of the competition The history of the Glass of the King in photographies on the water and the spirit nautical in the voice of Ainhoa Arteta. The exhibition Glass of the King - 25 years of images and the concert of the Auditórium carries out the the 25 acts of anniversary.

http://www.elmundo-eldia.com/2006/07/22/cultura/1153519203.html

Last edited:
The King receives Matas and he promises support to him to create a marine research center

PALM. - King Don Juan Carlos has received in the Palace of the Almudaina the representatives of all the institutions of the Islands. First in being received by the monarch he has been president of the Govern Jaume Matas, that they have followed the president of the Parlament, Pere Rotger, that been has accompanied by the spokesmen by each one by the political groups in the Balearic camera. The King also has had time in this day to converse with the mayoress of Palm, Catherine Cirer, to whom they have been united the president of the Club Nautical of Palm, Matías Salvá, and the members of the organizing committee of Glass of Rey …

http://www.mallorcadiario.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17438&Itemid=29 and terra

Attachments

• matasyrey2t.jpg
    matasyrey2t.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 126
  • matasyrey3t.jpg
    matasyrey3t.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 118
  • matasyreyt.jpg
    matasyreyt.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
The King will receive Zapatero and Maragall

The King will receive next Monday in the Palace of Marivent to the president of the Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, in first of both encounter that the head of the State and the one of the Executive make habitually in Majorca during the summer. According to sources of the House of the King, the meeting will be held in the evening and is foreseeable that Zapatero appears, later, for means

The president of the Generalitat, Pasqual Maragall, has predicted to travel to Palm the next week, foreseeably Friday day 4 of August, to take leave of King Juan Carlos when finalizing his stage like head of the Catalan executive.

http://www.mallorcadiario.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17484&Itemid=31

The Kings of Spain will visit Asturias the 11 of September, when they inaugurate the school year in two educative centers of Avilés

The president of Portugal, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, and her wife, Maria Alves da Silva, will attend next the 28 of September in the Museum of Beautiful Arts of Asturias to the inauguration of the exhibition of Portuguese the artist Adriana Molder. According to sources of the Council of Culture, she hopes herself that the lusos agent chief executives are accompanied by some member of the Royal Family, or are the Kings of Spain or, in his absence, Princes de Asturias.

http://www.lne.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1348&pIdSeccion=46&pIdNoticia=428372

Kings will give to Balearic Medal Gold industralist Gabriel Escarrer

The Kings will tomorrow preside over the delivery of the Balearic Gold medal of the Independent Community of to the industralist Gabriel Escarrer, founder and president of the hotel company Sol Meliá, one of most important of the world, that he counts with several hundreds of distributed hotel establishments in 30 countries.
The act will be celebrated as of the 20,30 hours in the castle of Bellver de Palma, and later, according to sources of the House of the King, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía they will attend the supper that will offer with the 50 occasion of anniversary of the creation of the group Sol Meliá.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/reyes_medalla_oro_baleares_gabriel_1010590.htm

Gabriel Escarrer, founder of Sol Melià, receives the Gold medal of Balearic of hands of King

The delivery ceremony, that took place towards 21:00 hours in the Castell de Bellver de Palma, was presided over by the Kings and counted on the presence of the autonomic president, Jaume Matas, the minister of Industry, Tourism and Commerce, Jose Montilla, the palmesana mayoress, Catherine Cirer, the president of the Parlament, Pere Rotger, and the head of the canary Executive, Adam Martin, in addition to other autonomic and local authorities and numerous personalities of Balearic the tourist and financial world.
To its arrival to the Castell, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía they were received with a demonstration of “ball of bot” in charge of the members of the “School of Música and Dansa Bertomeu Ensenyat” of Palm, to those who went when finalizing the dance to salute to them. In his speech, that ended the act, the King showed his satisfaction to preside over the delivery of this award, that he already received in 1983, to the founder of the hotel company/signature, to whom congratulated by the success of the enterprise Sun trajectory Melià, “shows of the strong inner projection and outer of a sector with as much wall-plate and importance for the Spanish economy, as it is it the tourism”, he aimed.

http://www.hispanidad.com/noticia_ep.aspx?ID=20060729233330

The King praises the paper of Escarrer in the world-wide tourism

http://www.ultimahora.es/segunda.dba?-1+7+368345

Images from terra, ultimahora and lavanguardia

Attachments

• 72083448f4a9bg.jpg
    72083448f4a9bg.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 162
  • ehsql.jpg
    ehsql.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 106
  • fmallorca290706.jpg
    fmallorca290706.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Really this elegant and very beautiful one, the dress I like much ;) !!!!!

From reuters via yahoo

Spain's Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero with King Juan Carlos at Marivent's Palace in Palma de Mallorca July 31,2006

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 115
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 113
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 172
  • r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 117
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
From terra:

Attachments

• rey.jpg
    rey.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 175
  • rey2.jpg
    rey2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 149
  • rey3.jpg
    rey3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 145
  • rey4.jpg
    rey4.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 154
  • rey5.jpg
    rey5.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
...sOfIa.... said:
Those red trousers :lol:

I think it must be in the royal fashion handbook for men to have at least one pair of ugly pants: Laurent of Belgium and Henrik of Denmark also have a similar pair of red pants. Laurent once wore his to National Day I think. Inaki has those ugly floral swintrunks. Willem of the Netherlands has an ugly pair of yellow pants. Frederik of Denmark had a pair of Burberry pants (a bit too much Burberry if you ask me, no matter how trendy it is).

We need to have a royal bonfire and find all these pants and torch them! :ninja:

We could throw in those capes that Jaime insists on wearing, too, the ones that he sweeps across his body like he is Count Dracula.

talking about Jaime, you forgot to count the "elf-green" pants he usually wears in winter:wacko::wacko:

Hello!:
Vote for Queen Sofia as The Most Elegant Woman!!!
http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/mostelegantwoman/index.html

I must say it's not my favourite Sofia's outfit:lol:, in fact it's pretty awful:wacko:... She was wearing such beautiful and elegant outfits recently, so they could have taken another outfit for the poll... Anyway, if hello says so...:ROFLMAO: I will vote for my favourite Queen as often as I can:).

londonfeature

th_43451_23938461_413lo.jpg

There's something about royals and red pants that I don't know... I've seen Prince Felipe, Don Jaime, King Juan Carlos, Prince Willem-Alexander and Constantijn wearing them... We should really do something about it!!...

Who wants to jump the Marivent walls and steal all those ugly red pants and flowered shorts at once?...

Prince Felipe?? wearing red pants?? I've never seen him, are there photos?! :lol:

Yeap... During the Summer 2003... It's a shame, I can't find the photo anymore, but I assure you they were even brighter than these ones...

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/rey_pasqual_maragall_1018915.htm

King will receive tomorrow in hearing Pasqual Maragall

The King will receive tomorrow in hearing, in his summer residence of Marivent's Palace, in Palm, to the president of the Generalitat, Pasqual Maragall, one week before the new Estatut between in effect August 9.

Maragall will come to Marivent in the middle of the morning to support a meeting with the monarch, hearing that, according to a speaker of the House of the King, places in the habitual contacts that don Juan Carlos has periódicamente with authorities of the State and autonomic presidents.

For this motive, and since it happens always in this type of contacts of the King, the hearing will not have any type of informative coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom