King Felipe and Queen Letizia, Current Events Part 1: June 2014 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
King Felipe and Queen Letizia's Current Events
Part 1

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
The Forum Moderators

So what is next on the agenda for the new King and Queen? Will they be visiting all the areas of Spain?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Their first engagement as King and Queen of Spain. :) It's strange because I'm used to King Felipe already, but am still trying to get used to Queen Letizia. Don't get me wrong, I like Letizia - in fact she's my favourite Spanish Royal after the former Queen Sofia. Perhaps it's because there have been King Felipes/Philips in the past, but no Queen Letizias.

Can someone tell us where Zurbano Palace is? Is it on the grounds where Zarzuela is?

Their first engagement as King and Queen of Spain. :) It's strange because I'm used to King Felipe already, but am still trying to get used to Queen Letizia. Don't get me wrong, I like Letizia - in fact she's my favourite Spanish Royal after the former Queen Sofia. Perhaps it's because there have been King Felipes/Philips in the past, but no Queen Letizias.

Ha ha yes I too have to keep checking that I'm using Her Majesty,Queen Letizia instead of HRH Princess Letizia,might take awhile!

I think the only other historical Letizia was Napoleons mother,Maria Letizia Buonaparte née Ramolino who was better known as Her Imperial Highness,Madame Mère de l'Empereur.

Can someone tell us where Zurbano Palace is? Is it on the grounds where Zarzuela is?

No its in Madrid and I believe it was the childhood home of Queen Fabiola of Belgium.It was the ancestral home of the Marquess of Casa Riera it was taken over by the State in 1986?.

PPE

PPE Agency

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a first I take it King Juan Carlos & Sofia never held any audiences for the gay community?

No its in Madrid and I believe it was the childhood home of Queen Fabiola of Belgium.It was the ancestral home of the Marquess of Casa Riera it was taken over by the State in 1986?.

Thank you An Ard Ri and Charlotte Asher. Can we assume this is where they will have audiences rather than Zarzuela?

No, An Ard Ri... this is the first time an organization that defends the rights of gay people was invited to the palace, and the royal family has never had an official event with the gay community.

Thats what I said 'Thats a first' ;)

Thank you An Ard Ri and Charlotte Asher. Can we assume this is where they will have audiences rather than Zarzuela?

No I don't think so as the Zurbano Palace is not a royal residence I assume it was just used today for the event in Madrid.

Last edited by a moderator:
This innovation is an encouraging indication of the inclusive nature of King Felipe's vision for his reign. This is GOOD !

No Emmily, Zurbano Palace belongs to the government, and the Ministry of Interior that organized the meeting decided to celebrate it there.

This innovation is an encouraging indication of the inclusive nature of King Felipe's vision for his reign. This is GOOD !

Yes it is indeed,its a shame its taken so long for this to happen.

Lula, who invites the organizations? Does the King need to approve? Like now, the gay organization has never been invited, so has Felipe invited them or agreed for them to be invited?

Dazzling, in Zarzuela, the King has the last word, decisions and changes that are being introduced, especially in these early times, reflect the new King and his team.

Lula, who invites the organizations? Does the King need to approve? Like now, the gay organization has never been invited, so has Felipe invited them or agreed for them to be invited?

I wonder how much influence Letizia has over the organisations invited? Either way its a very positive and progressive move especially as its not been done before and there was a lot of hurt caused by remarks in that ill advised book to mark Queen Sofia's 70th birthday!

I wonder how much influence Letizia has over the organisations invited? Either way its a very positive and progressive move especially as its not been done before and there was a lot of hurt caused by remarks in that ill advised book to mark Queen Sofia's 70th birthday!

which book? those were in fact queen sofia's words

Referring to gay marriage, she is quoted as saying: "If these people want to live together, dress as grooms and get married, they might have the right to do so or not, depending on the laws of their countries. But they shouldn't call it marriage, because it isn't."

http://www.cinews.ie/article.php?artid=5354

I think that Queen Sofia speaks for most people of her generation that is the generation of the past. The book was ill advised indeed. I think that Sofia should have kept her mouth shut. Her - or now Letizia's position - is not to voice her personal opinion in public on controversial issues.

The new generation looks at such issues differently and rightly so. If this is the first time that gay organisations are invited to Zarzueal it is overdue and a good move to start treating them as equal to other organisations, a gesture like this speaks more than a thousand words.

Very good and nothing like the first true working day as HM The King of Spain to show that what he said in his speech, he meant!! Long overdue this and a very good sign indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom