Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 4: December 2006 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember that some months ago, about Christmas time, some people thought that Infanta leonor had lost her little leg for she was standing without showing it? Well...What can they said now , that she appeared walking nicely with her granny and her cousins? :lol: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

Vanesa.

So cute! :wub: Thanks for sharing the videos! It's great to see Leonor walking (she does it very well already)! She's just too cute for words!

Infanta Leonor is beautiful...I'm sure when she grows into a young woman she will be stunning.

Aww she looks so cute walking

How nice baby! Thanks for the link.

Vanesa.:flowers:

She looks so cute!!
Thanks for the link Gita :flowers:

Great vidio thank you .... PL looks sooooo sweet

So sweet, a beautiful little girl and it's so great to see her out with her cousins walking.

Wow the kids and especially Leo are so cute in the video. Leo walks really well.

On a journalistic point of vew, Hola ( or Hello ) seems to have a good business with the firts steps of the Infantita. Had they really the total exclusive news about this so simpathetic event. For the video too they are alone!!! They are lucky, aren't it?

I have a question...

Over in the current events thread for Prince Christian it was posted today that he will be attending daycare. I'm somewhat new to royal watching but this seems odd that a royal child would be going to daycare. I understand he'll probably by around other kids and learn some things like shapes, colors, etc., which will be good for him. But it just seems a little too "normal" for a royal in my opinion. Maybe I've spent too much time in the boarding school thread, not sure.;)

But anyways, what are others opinions, will we soon see little Leonor going to daycare?

Aurora810 said:
But anyways, what are others opinions, will we soon see little Leonor going to daycare?

A few months ago was commented that the Infanta Leonor would begin soon the child-care, precisely to be able to be surrounded with more children ... but up to the moment there has been no type of official commentary on the topic. Not that will decide the Royal Household, if the girl will begin soon the child-care, or now that will have a sister she will be with her in house.

I said daycare. Which is how it was written about Christian but I think it's really more like a nursery school type of thing. Just wanted to make that clearer. Because here in America daycare is something very different then nursery school.

Aurora810 said:
I said daycare. Which is how it was written about Christian but I think it's really more like a nursery school type of thing. Just wanted to make that clearer. Because here in America daycare is something very different then nursery school.

Which is the difference? :question:

For the present time, there is no news of which Leonor is going to go out of Palace, and maybe if the Princes have not taken her already, now they decide to wait. The vacations begin next week and to the return a little time will stay in order that the Infanta is born. I have read that is not positive to start taking a child to the child-care rightly when a new brother or sister is going to be born, because the child can feel displeased if you separate him of home rightly when the new one comes.

lula said:
Which is the difference? :question:

For the present time, there is no news of which Leonor is going to go out of Palace, and maybe if the Princes have not taken her already, now they decide to wait. The vacations begin next week and to the return a little time will stay in order that the Infanta is born. I have read that is not positive to start taking a child to the child-care rightly when a new brother or sister is going to be born, because the child can feel displeased if you separate him of home rightly when the new one comes.

The difference in America daycare or child care is for a child who's parents are working and can't be at home with it. But nursery school or pre-school is for a child to go for a few hours a day(usually morning b/c studies have shown that children learn better in the morning). The child is then picked up by the parent/parents afterwards. Many stay at home moms put their kids in nursery school so the kid can be around other kids but also so that mommy can have some relaxing time. But it's very school and social oriented. There might be some of the same things done at daycare but daycare is usually all day long until the parents get off work.

Oh and about the study you read about taking a child out of the house when a new baby is due. That's really interesting I can see how it would be a little weird for the child. When I heard today that Christian was going to nursery school I thought it was odd just b/c of the time of year, in America we're heading into the end of the school year not the beginning. So the timing just seems off but maybe the school year runs differently in Denmark. We have school from September thru to June. However, we do have some year around schooling in some parts but still typically a child would start nursery school at the beginning of the school year(September) not just whenever.

Last edited:
IMO She's still to little she's only 16 months old :wub: for that maybe at 3 is okay.. but again just my opinion.

Thank you, already I deal, in Spain there are no different names, the child is 1 hours or the whole day, the place receives the same name.;)

It was not a study, simply it was a commentary that I have read, and that does not stop having certain logic. For a small child, to leave it for the first time out of house with persons whom does not know is in certain form " to leave it ", at least until gets used to the new routines. If to it you join the logical jealousies that are had when a new brother or sister comes, it is logical to think that if both things join, the child feel that they have displeased it.;)

Mari_* said:
IMO She's still to little she's only 16 months old :wub: for that maybe at 3 is okay.. but again just my opinion.

Thank you! I think the same. I have heard of some toddler nursery schools but I thought that usually started at age 2 or 3. I think both Christian and Leonor are too young at this point.

Aurora810 said:
The difference in America daycare or child care is for a child who's parents are working and can't be at home with it. But nursery school or pre-school is for a child to go for a few hours a day(usually morning b/c studies have shown that children learn better in the morning). The child is then picked up by the parent/parents afterwards. Many stay at home moms put their kids in nursery school so the kid can be around other kids but also so that mommy can have some relaxing time. But it's very school and social oriented. There might be some of the same things done at daycare but daycare is usually all day long until the parents get off work.

Oh and about the study you read about taking a child out of the house when a new baby is due. That's really interesting I can see how it would be a little weird for the child. When I heard today that Christian was going to nursery school I thought it was odd just b/c of the time of year, in America we're heading into the end of the school year not the beginning. So the timing just seems off but maybe the school year runs differently in Denmark. We have school from September thru to June. However, we do have some year around schooling in some parts but still typically a child would start nursery school at the beginning of the school year(September) not just whenever.
In Scandinavia mothers and fathers have about one year payed maternety/paterenty leave with the right to keep the job when it is over which is much more than in other European countries and USA. So they usually take care of their children them selves for the first year, then most go back to work full time, and they have to leave the children in day care/nursery school 8 hours a day, where they are taken care of, and part of the staff has education as preschool teachers. It has nothing to with school really which they start the year they turn 6, they dont learn to read and write, it is spending time with other children, doing arts and crafts (so every parents gets a toiletroll santa and a pasta angel for christmas:lol: ) singing, doing some gymastics, doing smal trips in the nearby, spening lots of time outside and such. Often the day care is divided after age so the smallest kids are together in one department and the older children are together in another departmen and do different things

Ofcourse stay at home mum and dads can take their kids to day care/nursery as well to have their kids spend time with other children, you can have them there full time which is 8 hours or part time, so I would say most children in scandinavia who has working parents starts at age one, so Christian is actually later than what is "normal".

HAakon and MEtte-MArit took Ingrid to day care just before she was 2, one month after the birth of Sverre Magnus, I know Märtha Louise had Maud start at 16 or 18 months

Last edited:
Thanks so much Larzen for weighing in on this topic, very interesting. I really like learning about how other countries do things.

Aurora, I have remained thinking on what you commented of if it was a study, really it was a personal commentary that I had read, but searching a bit for Internet, I have found several references to the same topic. One speaks of that it is preferable that before the birth of a brother or sister, there are no big changes in the life of a child, to part) of the topic of the child-care, also they refer, for example, to a change of housing or of bedroom, or a babysitter's change.;)

On the other hand, in Spain, if the parents work, and they cannot have any relative or a babysitter who takes care of children, the children with 3 months already are in the habit of being in some place. If they have persons who take care of them, up to 3 years they do not begin the Infantile Education. Before she can start going to the child-care, but in September of next year 2008, Leonor already will begin the school.

Last edited:
ladejesus said:
In the meantime, I'll be waiting patiently for semana santa so we can, hopefully, see our little Infanta again.
Oh I would love to see them all, but I fear Leti won't manage to go to Palma... She will be veeeery pregnant by this time. It wouldn't be a problem to give birth in Mallorca, if little Infantita hurries, the Royal House surely has the hospital prepared in case the King or somebody was ill, but it's probably that the doctors just won't let her fly... :ermm: But maybe it's better to be optimistic ;)

How long is the trip to Mallorca?

I guess that the problem might not even be the trip itself (the whole family spends Easter together up there, right? So I doubt she'd be left behind), but the standing during the photo op. Everyone surely remembers how bad she seemed during the National parade, mere two weeks before Leonor was born (this was her last official act before the birth).

So, if it'll be almost the same timing (2 weeks or so before the birth) than Easter mass, that happens on the 8th.

:flowers: Thanks a lot, Ana_R for the palning!!!! We can consider that the Princess could to be for Eastern Mass and that the Princely baby would be here two weeks after....:wub: :flowers: :lol:

Leonor in Point De Vue: Point de vue :flowers:

"Leonor of Spain , the heiress of Borbones"
"The saga of the most former royal family of the world"

Last edited:
I hope they'll make it to Mallorca, but if they don't we won't have to wait long until the birth. By the way, I love your avatar Anna_R.

Of course it completely depends on each woman and each woman's pregnancy. But I have known of women that are just as pregnant as Letizia that have gone on flights and flights that are even longer than a flight to Mallorca. And those flights were first class. Whereas I would expect that the royal family has a charter flight or royal plane, possibly. We'll have to wait and see!

p.s. does the family have another private vacation residence that might be easier access for F and L for the holiday or is Mallorca the only vacation spot for them? Just wondering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom