Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 4: December 2006 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A gossip.;) :lol:

I don´t Know if it is true or a lie, but since it is nice, I comment the topic, though the way was slightly trustworthy. They were commenting that the Princes had bought Leonor a suit for the snow. I imagine that there will be necessary to wait to see if it is true or not. It is sure that the girl is very nice in one of these suits.:wub: In last years, the Prince was in the habit of approaching to ski to Baquiera the weekend nearest to his birthday. It will be necessary to expect and to see if this year they do it or not, because last year they didn´t go.

It would be nice if they did go skiing but given Princess Letizia's condition I doubt they will. I would love to see some pictures of the Infanta playing in the snow.

Me too! But like Dona Alicia said, with Letizia being pregnant, I also doubt they will go! Maybe next year.

ZandraRae said:
Me too! But like Dona Alicia said, with Letizia being pregnant, I also doubt they will go! Maybe next year.
IF!! She's not pregnant.. :)

They also can go and just Felipe skied while Letizia plays in the snow with Leonor... In January days are short and the Prince can go skiing several hours.... Or stay playing in the snow if he miss too much his wife and daughter !
Well I'm not their "family consultant" and they do as they want !!!:lol:
I just would like to see some pics of the princess and the infanta :neutral:

Yes, it will be a kind portrait of this beloved family!

I don't think is wise to do that because she has now a big belly, and she can stumble in the snow! She will never go out to the snow with Leonor at this time IMO!

biboquinhas said:
I don't think is wise to do that because she has now a big belly, and she can stumble in the snow! She will never go out to the snow with Leonor at this time IMO!
What do you think pregnant women does where there might be snow 4 or 5 months of the year, sit inside and twiddle their thumbs until it is spring or the baby is born? She is pregnant, not sick. So its maybe not wise to go down hill skiing, but normal activity outside in the snow is hardly dangerous, Princess Märtha Louise went cross country skiing when she was 6 or 7 months pregnant with Maud Angelica, not a big deal as long as one dont take big risks.

During a normal pregnancy women can continue doing what they are used to - P Martha Louise grew up skiing - but not Letizia. It is not logical to compare the two women in regard to skiing. Besides it appears Letizia is not having easy pregnancies - unless you have experienced a difficult pregnancy it is perhaps best to not pass judgement on suitable activities.

grevinnan said:
During a normal pregnancy women can continue doing what they are used to - P Martha Louise grew up skiing - but not Letizia. It is not logical to compare the two women in regard to skiing. Besides it appears Letizia is not having easy pregnancies - unless you have experienced a difficult pregnancy it is perhaps best to not pass judgement on suitable activities.

ditto. from all the posts i've been reading, i get the feeling that it hasn't occurred to a lot of people to consider that possibility.

Larzen said:
What do you think pregnant women does where there might be snow 4 or 5 months of the year, sit inside and twiddle their thumbs until it is spring or the baby is born? She is pregnant, not sick. So its maybe not wise to go down hill skiing, but normal activity outside in the snow is hardly dangerous, Princess Märtha Louise went cross country skiing when she was 6 or 7 months pregnant with Maud Angelica, not a big deal as long as one dont take big risks.

To me is not wise at all skiing at 6 month pregnancy, Gosh you are crazy! And I think yes, is really wise to be at home when it snows because is really easy to scromble in the snow!!!!!! But we are talking about Letizia playing in the snow with lillte Leonor to me is not wise that!!!!!!!! Skiing is a very danger sport, even if we take no risks we can have someone pushing and having a rude shock. Martha Loiuse was not wise at all to me!

Last edited:
Is it necessary with all the exclemationmarks?
Yes she is pregnant but she is not a porcelaine doll that will break if she takes a little fall in the snow or gets snowball on her, playing with her daughter in the snow is harmless. Noone knows what state she is in, what we know is that she is good enough to hop on a plane to Milan for a private vacation, she is not good enough for standing long times.

What do you think pregnant women did back 100 years ago when they had 10 babies in 8 years, sat inside and twiddled their thumbs? They worked outside prctically until the babies was born.

Larzen said:
Is it necessary with all the exclemationmarks?
Yes she is pregnant but she is not a porcelaine doll that will break if she takes a little fall in the snow or gets snowball on her, playing with her daughter in the snow is harmless. Noone knows what state she is in, what we know is that she is good enough to hop on a plane to Milan for a private vacation, she is not good enough for standing long times.

What do you think pregnant women did back 100 years ago when they had 10 babies in 8 years, sat inside and twiddled their thumbs? They worked outside prctically until the babies was born.

Well well well said.
Especially Letizia does not give the impression of being a porcelain doll.
She is strong.

Ok, be sense my friends!

The snow does not look like the place most adapted for any pregnant woman, because a skid or a bad fall can have serious consequences.

But especially ..... have you asked in some moment that probably Felipe and Letizia did not want to go to the snow?

We can always hope a kind scene of the Princess of Asturia doing a prom on a snow lane holding the hand of the little Leonor walking hesitantly! What a cute vew, isen't it?:clap:

Oooohhhh! Cute! Very cute! Don't make me think on this possibility! It would be adorable...:wub:

Vanesa.

I really cannot understand why Leonor soesn't go out of the Palace!! She must like to see people and to see the world around her!!!She should know how the world outside the Palace is! I don't want to compare but Just to say that prince Christian as gone for a walk with her moom last weekend near the beach, he went, on christmas days to a ver known Park in copehagen!!!!

biboquinhas said:
I really cannot understand why Leonor soesn't go out of the Palace!! She must like to see people and to see the world around her!!!She should know how the world outside the Palace is! I don't want to compare but Just to say that prince Christian as gone for a walk with her moom last weekend near the beach, he went, on christmas days to a ver known Park in copehagen!!!!

We are tired, why do people have to compare Spanish Cps with Denmark Cps?

It's ridiculous, if you are happy with Denmarks, just go to their threats, Spanish CPS don't want to be like others one, they are who they are.

Who has said that they don't take Leonor for a walk? One thing is that peple don't realise about their privte schedule, but other thing is to say that Leonor is in the palace all day long, and that she doesn't meet other children.

Please no more comparations it so naugthy.

catango said:

It's ridiculous, if you are happy with Denmarks, just go to their threats, Spanish CPS don't want to be like others one, they are who they are.

Who has said that they don't take Leonor for a walk? One thing is that peple don't realise about their privte schedule, but other thing is to say that Leonor is in the palace all day long, and that she doesn't meet other children.

Sorry to interfere, I think it was just a normal question related to a "normal" baby. Of course it does not mean that Leonor stays the whole day inn, they have gardens enough big to allow her to feel the fresh air.
What we may think is that her parents do not really like to "show" her very often, that's it.
The comparison with the danish RF is just because both babies have exactly the same age. And this considering that Danish weather is more agressive for a baby that the spanish, it could look strange.
Of course her parents are free to behavior like they want to, but we are in this forum to discuss about RF, so it is tiring evey time a member says something not very positive, another member shouts. If some members are so fanatic for the royals, they should NOT read these forums. Forum is to exchange opinion, with RESPECT, anb is not showing no respect to Leonor if we say that she loooks very very hidden. Especially for a future Queen......
I do not think that biboquinhas had bad thoughts, but she is free to have her opinion, to whon I also agree.

As Avalon said, what news about Leonor to speak about?:smartass:

I have a little niece 2 months older than Leonor and omg it is so funny, every thing you say she repeats it, I love her hearing her it's so cute!

So I wonder do we have any news about Leonor speaking skills? ..Can you imagine Leonor repeating everything Felipe and Letizia say .. :wub:

I hope we won't get into the field of personal comments (a couple of which were deleted, since they didn't add anything to the general discussion). Remember everyone has the right of his/her opinion.

Let's really wait for some actual news on Infanta Leonor to continue the discussion. :flowers:

catango said:

Why are comparisons naughty? I don't think I understand. It is a legitimate question. I have never, ever seen Leonor doing things like her cousins? I know, I know it is not the same, but before being a princess, she is a child!!!!

Roxsteve said:
Why are comparisons naughty? I don't think I understand. It is a legitimate question. I have never, ever seen Leonor doing things like her cousins? I know, I know it is not the same, but before being a princess, she is a child!!!!

May be you are exagerating a little bit, she did some proms in her troley exactly as her cousins!!! and we saw her a lot...:p

You are right too, I never seen her cousins doing that:

http://s2.supload.com/free/01010569bg1.JPG/view/

:lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol: :ROFLMAO:

( from face to face)

Last edited:
People seem to have forgotten that we had a deluge of Leonor images during the summer. Wasn't it known as the Summer of Leonor or something to that effect? Just in December, she was out with her parents, her aunts and her cousins during the Christmas holidays in the centre of Madrid for more than two hours! That's one occasion that we have heard of. She was also out with her parents and her cousins at the Field Club in Madrid, according to a journalist. One other occasion was on the birthday of her cousin, Carla. We also hear of her parents taking her out to the homes of friends, etc. She gets out. The papparazi just aren't there to capture those moments. (And I for one am grateful for that.)

Moreover, the pics that we have seen of her cousins lately were of them during the Christmas holidays. They were fairly predictable times and any papparazi with a brain should be able to figure out, e.g the Dukes of Lugo leaving the annual commemoration mass for Jaime's late father, and the Dukes of Palm who seem to have a tradition of walking in the neighbourhood or area where his parents live.

If comparisons are to be made, perhaps we should also take the children of the other crown princely couples into account. Do we see lots of pictures of Elisabeth of Belgium, or Amalia and Alexia of Holland, or Ingrid Alexandra of Norway? It seems to me that those occasions are also few and far in between.

Last edited:
Excellent points Lena T.

Let's try to remember that while these children (Leonor, Alexia/Amalia, Elisabeth, etc.) do have destinies that await them....at present they are just children and not animals at a zoo on constant display.

When the occassion demands it..I am sure everyone will see pics of Leonor. She is an adorable little girl.

Well, here my two cents,

I guess the garden of the house of Felipe and Leticia is large enough to take the little infanta for a walk, so why take her on the streets when she can enjoy all the attractions there? Seems rather illogical to me and it is not done by any royal (on a frequent basis anyway, though they might have done it once or twice). I am sure Leonor sees many people besides her parents, she has a large family and Felipe and Leticia have many friends (with children) to, which Leonor will see. Why on earth would they want to expose her (or any other royal child) to the prying eyes of curious people all the time?
And perhaps Leonor went on trips with her parents which were not photographed by the press. We do not know.

Secondly I wonder why some feel that we haven't been seeing much from the little infanta in the first place. I gather she is one of the most 'visable' young royals around. If I compare it to the amount of pictures of my 'own' Catharina-Amalia in her first year Leonor must have been pictured at 3 times more occasions (or even more then that). The same goes for Elisabeth of Belgium or even Ingrid-Alexandra.

I think in their enthausiasm people might expect to much from these little ones. I would like to see more pictures to, but in the end they are not my children and they deserve some privacy to. That might be one of the reasons why royal families like more staged pictures to (like the christmascard of Leonor and the birthday pictures of Catharina-Amalia), it is in a safe environment and the child won't be to overwhelmed by a huge number of screaming photographers.

Dearest friends, you forgive that Leonor is an exceptional girl who Know yet to read and doing Inuit's kisses to her father!!!!

http://s2.supload.com/free/83703_zzl18_462lo.jpg/view/
http://s2.supload.com/free/720831c083ef8g.jpg/view/

( Thanks Nico Martinez - Breitling race - reuters/yahoo)

But in my opinion, the most important is that Leonor is Infanta of Spain and she is doing her role with great conscience!!!

http://s2.supload.com/free/foto_14leonor.jpg/view/
http://s2.supload.com/free/Leo_UN_AN.jpg/view/

( thanks diez minutos)

Even if she is able to criticize the King for the color of his shirt, or doing the little frog in the Daddy's arms!!!
http://s2.supload.com/free/502495-20070122182927.jpg/view/
http://s2.supload.com/free/71583344a.jpg/view/

( Thanks "20 minutos and getty image)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom