Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 2: February - August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When, oh when will we see Leonor?! I miss her! She must have changed a lot during this month (or even more than month!). The Prince has some activities already on Tuesday, so they have 3 days free for going out with their precious girl! Pleeease!:):):)

You are totaly right LaChicaMadrilena. I'm doing many scenarii to speculate on Princes's activities during a next week end to see their little girl.

hahah....:D I think that she will remove to take a walk to her daughter and we will see her but when does better weather in Spain ,it could to be in april,may..

Lolilla222 said:
hahah....:D I think that she will remove to take a walk to her daughter and we will see her but when does better weather in Spain ,it could to be in april,may..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I need my monthly dosis of Leonor to stay sane (even if I'm a little out of my rocker:D )

Maybe she will gives us a suprise and she will go to a special event. Let's just all hope so.

I have to say, I'm desperated for seeing little Leonor again!
When they will take her for a walk, and see her doll face. For god Sake.

Yesterday it was the day of Santa Leonor, so congratulations Infanta Leonor :eek:

There is a possibility that they bring her to the olympic games in Turin. They will be in Sestriere tomorrow. The only thing is that it could be too cold for her, so i'm not sure if it is a good idea.

well, if they adopt how Willem-Alexander & Maxima's way to give the chance to watch the olympic match but keep it indoor... then, there would be a possibility of us seeing little Leonor there.
i just hope so...

purple_platinum said:
well, if they adopt how Willem-Alexander & Maxima's way to give the chance to watch the olympic match but keep it indoor... then, there would be a possibility of us seeing little Leonor there.
i just hope so...
The Giant slalom is outside in the mountains of Sestriere, hardly a place to bring a 4 months old baby, if they were going to watch skating or curling there would be a little chance but not to the alpine stadium (Haakon at the Alpine stadium) But as I understand it Spain dont compete in the skating, so I would say the chances to see little Leonor in Turin is close to 0, I think we have to wait until they go for one of those church visits they are planning.

oh yes, i didn't consider what match they are going to attend. if it's a case of watching alpine like haakon did,.. it certainly not ok to bring a baby there, especially in that kind of weather.

yes, the probabilities are very small, the weather is not very nice lately on the mountains. They are predicting more snow tomorrow and the temps are low (between -9 and -2). Well...maybe another time.

But maybe they'll take her and leave in the hotel? We could have just some pics of them arriving at the hotel with the baby. I'm dying here, I just HAVE TO see the little one!:D

I fear NOT! I should to see LEONOR in big winter baby coat .... I have to dream .....

Attachments

• colegio.jpg
    colegio.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,208
http://www.laguiatv.com/actualidad/n...ambien-sabados

The weekly review of Telecinco in that investigation news articles are offered, impressive images of international televisions and the brief news on the protagonists of the present time, extends its emission to two weekly deliveries, Saturdays to 19,30 and Sundays to the 19,20 hours. Today it will speak of...[]... and an expert in subjects related to the Real House, Consuelo Font , keeps awake how they are, foreseeably, the days of the first-born of Princes of Asturias.

The cell-mother of Doña Leonor, to good collection until 2020

The 31 of October of 2005, date of the lighting of the small one, a doctor of the Ruber Clinic deposit bleeds of the umbilical cord of Doña Leonor in a sterilized stock market and with anticoagulants that were sent to the Cord Blood Registry (NBC) of Tucson (Arizona), in the United States, where they extracted the cell-mother and they congealed them for his conservation during at least fifteen years in a liquid nitrogen tank, in case they were necessary to cure the future in some disease of the girl.

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/46604.asp

http://deportes.eluniversal.com/2006/02/26/til_ava_26A677231.shtml

Cells mother of the Infanta Leonor guard frozen in the USA

Madrid. - A bank of Tucson's blood (Arizona, the USA) guards frozen cells mother proceeding from the umbilical cord of the Infanta Leonor, daughter of the inheritors of the Spanish wreath, as confirmed today to EFE the speaker of the House of the King.
The speaker of the House of the King said to Efe " that it is a question of a habitual practice " in the sanitary center where there was born the Infanta Leonor, the Clinical Ruber Internacional of Madrid.
" The medical team who attended to the childbirth of the Princess of Asturias proposed the Princes to carry out this sanitary practice and they agreed ", added the speaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know so much about cientific topics..but i suppose this is expensive...whos gonna pay this?...during 15 years??:confused:

If I'm not mistaken they also did this with Christian of Denmark.

Goodness, I don't see what all the ruckus is about. If Felipe and Letizia decide to store Leonor's stem-cell filled umbilical cord with a private company, that's their business. Plus, in the event that Leonor has a disease in the future (God forbid) that requires her to be treated with stem-cells, her own stem-cells are the best bet.

For people who don't know, stem-cells are cells that haven't specialized yet. Almost every cell in your body is specialized to do a specific task: heart cells are for the heart, stomach cells for the stomach, etc. Stem-cells have the capability to make themselves into whatever kind of cell that needs them, if placed in the correct area. This is the new generation of research and the focus of so many debates on where to harvest them because they are so special. In adults, they're usually found in the bone marrow. In newborns, in their umbilical cords. The controversial source is human embryos which, if taken, causes embryonic demise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stem_cells

as i recall, Leonor is not the first case to store stem-cell, Christian of Denmark also had the same procedure.
it's probably very safe to do this in today's world, just in case something happen.

Good for F & L. If it had been available when my children were born I would have done the same thing.

Are there not banks in Europe or closer to Spain. In the event of an emergency where the cells were needed ASAP, Arizona is terribly far away.

In Spain is not a legal practice yet, you can donate your child's cells but for the sake of other sick people, not with the purpose of use the cells later on, in fact is not a personal storage procedure but rather a donation, you don't even pay for it. There's only a few blood banks in Spain that practice this kind of storage and as I said you cannot use your own blood back, is only legal if done with altruistic purposes not for your own benefit, if someone in your family gets sick you can have other people's blood without any cost, remember that Spain have a good social security system that allows the people to have access to this kind of treatments for free, however the procedure Letizia and Felipe have just done is not legal because since the goverment cannot provide this particular service (stem cells storage) to all the citizens for free they consider it is unethical to have the service available only for the rich; that's how it is in Spain and that's the polemic all about.

Last edited:
Alisa said:
Are there not banks in Europe or closer to Spain. In the event of an emergency where the cells were needed ASAP, Arizona is terribly far away.
Yes, similar banks exist in the European Union, as well. The Portuguese companies that offer this service, for example, send the blood to laboratories situated in Brussels and London. Here, the total cost charged by the isolation and criopreservation is around 990 € (during 20 years) and 1470 € (during 25 years).

We should keep in mind that, despite the intense discussion about, the European Group of Ethics has explained that, so far, there's still no evident proof of the utility of these stem or mother-cells, so it is highly probable that this blood may have no value in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom