Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 5: December 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to Leonor, Princess of Asturias and The Infanta Sofia's thread
Part 5

Previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting! :flowers:
Royal House of Spain Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
Parents of the other children have to meet inconveniences when the Princes are present at school, facing restrictions regarding filming or photographing the event their own children are taking part in together with the Infantas and are not allowed to speak about the event itself outside school.

Los padres de los compaeros de colegio de las infantas, molestos con los prncipes

Is this a reliable source? It sounds sad to me that parents cant enjoy or share with others. It doesn't strike me as something Felipe & Letizia would bother about.

Dazzling, Vanitatis is not a trustworthy source, is a web of gossip which director has never denied her distaste to the Princess. She is unable to write nothing positive about her, according to her the obligation of the Royal Family is to be always to the service of the press, when the press wants. So now her reaction is because they did not do photoshot for the press in the school.

The privacy of the children who go to the school have to be preserved, of all the children because this way the law says it, the school might have serious problems if photos of children appear in a magazine without the permission of the parents. They cannot prohibit to do photos, but they have to warn that if they do them and they are sold to the press or they publish them in Intenet there can be problems.

To use news on the girls or the school, to attack the parents seems to me to be disagreeable enough. Like when the press was harassing the Infanta Elena in the school of the children. There should be limits with children but the Spanish press always exceeds them. Only the President has achieved that his daughters do not appear in the press, under threat of denunciations.

The 'secret' photo of the Zapatero family with the Obamas
There was almost a diplomatic crisis when the Obama administration published a photo from the Zapatero family when visiting.

Yes, the polemic was enormous. In his first year of government he denounced to a magazine for publishing photos of his daughters, and since then up to this photo, 6 years, nobody knew the face of these girls.

Zapatero has been the only one in Spain that has obtained it, many famous people protest often because the press photographs their children without permission, because the press waits in the door of the school or does inconvinient questions in front of the children. Zapatero applied the law for his daughters, but he has not done anything for protecting others children.

The privacy of the children who go to the school have to be preserved, of all the children because this way the law says it, the school might have serious problems if photos of children appear in a magazine without the permission of the parents. They cannot prohibit to do photos, but they have to warn that if they do them and they are sold to the press or they publish them in Intenet there can be problems.

I completely agree, its not the Princes fault but the law and the blurry pics of the Xmas party should not have been published. Its still a dilemma because even though the restricition are correct, they are still annoying, people cannot act as carefree as they wish, especially with small children around. When you have to think of where to film or not to film or who is allowed to be on a picture and who isnt the fun has gone.

Still, many parents tried to play tricks on the school in terms of getting their child in the same class as Leonor or Sofia, maybe the restrictions arent as annoying after all? I think in the end the school used the alphabet to fill the classes in order to be as correct as possible.

The interest in Leonor and Sofia is immense, I think partly because the handling of casareal with the family is too restrictive, they hardly publish any pictures on basic occasions such as birthdays or do photocalls (and when they did in the past, it was done awkwardly, causing polemic because of photoshop etc). As a consequence, on the rare occasions the girls are outside Zarzuela walls, the media usually is upon them with full force, even overstepping the bounderies of law at times.

This Christmas the press has had the Christmas card , the tennis match and the mass in the Royal palace.

The problem of the Spanish press, it is that they do not want the photo that they all have, is an economic business, the important thing is the exclusive photo. They do not want an official photo, and when they are interested in it accuse them of hiding the girls and when they show them accuse them of exhibiting them. The Dutch system would be considered to be a censorship, and the Danish an exhibitionism.

I completely agree, its not the
The interest in Leonor and Sofia is immense, I think partly because the handling of casareal with the family is too restrictive, they hardly publish any pictures on basic occasions such as birthdays or do photocalls (and when they did in the past, it was done awkwardly, causing polemic because of photoshop etc). As a consequence, on the rare occasions the girls are outside Zarzuela walls, the media usually is upon them with full force, even overstepping the bounderies of law at times.

I've read this complaint about Leonor and Sofía not being seen out in public more often but I don't really see it. Since july we've seen them at the reception for the World Cup champions, at least in three different outings in Palma in August, begining of the school year in September, and three times in december: a whole tennis match, at the mass the 23rd and the Christmas Card.
Besides this, we've had the paparazzi pictures of Leonor going to the cinema with her aunt and cousins, to the ballet with her mother and the Christmas Party.
Personally, I would love to see them more often and, for example, get birthday pictures, but I understand they are still practically babies(the older they are the more we'll see them imo) and the press in Spain can be brutal. They've had no problem saying anything about the infantitas before or behaving like "wolfes" when they are present. Because of this, the girls often "steal" the attention from everything else, and in some acts the Royal Household probably doesn't want it.

Last edited:
This Christmas the press has had the Christmas card , the tennis match and the mass in the Royal palace.

The problem of the Spanish press, it is that they do not want the photo that they all have, is an economic business, the important thing is the exclusive photo. They do not want an official photo, and when they are interested in it accuse them of hiding the girls and when they show them accuse them of exhibiting them. The Dutch system would be considered to be a censorship, and the Danish an exhibitionism.

Yes, they would complain about any system and if they changed it they wouldn't like it either:rolleyes:

Leonor and Sofia will be spending time at their grandfathers house together with their maternal cousins (Amanda, Carla).
¿Dónde se comerán el roscón las infantas?

Every year on January 6 "Three Wise Men Day", they go to Jesus Ortiz home. It is the Christmas holiday that they celebrate with the father of the Princess because he celebrates his birthday in these days. They spend the Christmas Eve with the Royal Family, and the day of Christmas in their house with the family Rocasolano.

Maybe we will see photos of girls in the parade today, last year they were accompanied of members of Borbón Dos Sicilias family.

Last edited:
I translate the Spanish articles into English using Bing and sometimes the translations strike me as funny. At the bottom of the page for this article, the translated titles for other articles included the following title:

Phillip: "I want to be with my daughters for dinner and the bathroom."

I wondered if what he said was that he wanted to be home to have dinner with his kids and help with their bedtime baths. :lol:

Leonor and Sofia will be spending time at their grandfathers house together with their maternal cousins (Amanda, Carla).
¿Dónde se comerán el roscón las infantas?

Leonor y Sofa, las infantas invisibles

The invisible Infantas
Google Translate

The fact that the infantas are hardly seen in public does not mean they live a "normal" children's life as there are lots of restrictions, even when they do private activities with their friends. Some are down to security, some are down to legal protection of children and in addition to that, there is the extreme restriction of casa real, not wanting the public to share any details of the upbringing of who is once supposed to rule in Spain (unlike in Denmark or especially Norway), not even by publishing pictures.

Once JC has gone, life will change dramatically for both girls, especially Leonor. I am guessing that the media is patient and wait for their opportunities that will certainly come, and then in full force. Its a strange strategy to restrict completely instead of giving the media some nice pictures from time to time, I dont think the Asturias can expect much cooperation once the girls are adults and the media will have the upper hand.

Obviously Sofia needs to wear a pair of spectacles! IMO it´s a great shame..
We will now probably forever see this poor girl with them. And that blue color!
Horrible! This girl has got wonderful green eyes! The blue color for green eyes! Horrible! And IMO the spectacles are much too big of size. I first thought they were sunglasses.They IMO disfigure her nice little kiddy-face with that size! Wonder what kind of eye defect she has got. Hopefully not cross-eyed. In the earlier photos there were IMO just from the first sight no signs of an eye defect. I could really cry. She´s IMO much prettier than Leonor. (Leonor´s facial expression is IMO almost like a grown up person...) And now that....:bang: She almost looks like poor little Louise Windsor.

When they went to see a movie a couple of weeks ago, Sofia was not seen with a pair of glasses. Maybe she was born near sighted or far sighted. Hopefully it's not too serious. I only remember Cristina with glasses before, she did Lasik, none of the other family members from both sides of her parents wore glasses.

Horrible! This girl has got wonderful green eyes! The blue color for green eyes! Horrible! And IMO the spectacles are much too big of size. I first thought they were sunglasses.They IMO disfigure her nice little kiddy-face with that size! Wonder what kind of eye defect she has got. Hopefully not cross-eyed. In the earlier photos there were IMO just from the first sight no signs of an eye defect. I could really cry. She´s IMO much prettier than Leonor. (Leonor´s facial expression is IMO almost like a grown up person...) And now that....:bang: She almost looks like poor little Louise Windsor.

She needs glasses, you are making it out to be this horrific birth defect. Thousands of people wear glasses, probably millions. Why would you cry because she has to wear glasses.

And to say a little girl is not pretty? Wow how crass. Louise and Leonor, not pretty enough for you, and Sofia, well she is ruined because of glasses. Oh God, the tragedy of it all.

Leonor y Sofa, las infantas invisibles

The invisible Infantas
Google Translate

The fact that the infantas are hardly seen in public does not mean they live a "normal" children's life as there are lots of restrictions, even when they do private activities with their friends. Some are down to security, some are down to legal protection of children and in addition to that, there is the extreme restriction of casa real, not wanting the public to share any details of the upbringing of who is once supposed to rule in Spain (unlike in Denmark or especially Norway), not even by publishing pictures.

Once JC has gone, life will change dramatically for both girls, especially Leonor. I am guessing that the media is patient and wait for their opportunities that will certainly come, and then in full force. Its a strange strategy to restrict completely instead of giving the media some nice pictures from time to time, I dont think the Asturias can expect much cooperation once the girls are adults and the media will have the upper hand.

Why should they give a few nice photos? It is their perogative if they don't want their children's faces all over. When the girls are teens are adults, the situation is different. They will be older, and be able to understand what is going on. It is understandable that their parents would like to give them some privacy.

The Duke of Westminster did the same thing with his daughters. Years ago in England they did a five part special called possible wives for William, or something like that. One week was on aristocracy. One of the Duke's daughters was a possible suggestion. The picture shown was of her as a little girl, because it was the last photo the media had of her. If I am not mistaken it was his daughter Edwina, who is now married to Daniel Snow.

Stefanie said:

Many children need glasses and unfortunately some don't wear them unless they like them. Maybe Sofia is too young to understand the concept of choosing a pair to match her eyes or the shape of her face.

Beauty is a subjective thing but there are worse tragedies than having poor eyesight or not being perceived as pretty.

wow! infanta sofia has really changed since we have seen her on christmas.. and in my opinion she has changed for the better .. she is thinner and prettier and the glasses are cute!
(sorry for my english)

I find the glasses really cute, amazing how she has changed in such a short time.

H E L P !!!!
I was searching through all links, but where is the pic with the glasses?
(it seems, I need them, too :D)
Many thanks
BYe Bine

The most recent photos that I've seen were taken when the family was visiting London on a private visit. IMO Sofia is still a very pretty girl with or without glasses.

Letizia said before blue was Sofia's favorite color, pink was Leonor's. At a visit to Asturias, she bought a blue purse for Sofia, pink one for Leonor from the charity shops set up by the students.

H E L P !!!!
I was searching through all links, but where is the pic with the glasses?
(it seems, I need them, too :D)
Many thanks
BYe Bine

lula posted the pictures under the current events of Felipe and Letizia. Here are a couple of pictures of Sofia with a pair of glasses.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/778/96199194.jpg
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7855/27397614.jpg

Both little girls are adorable and will be photographed more often as they grow up because their father shall be king. The non-Royal Duke of Westminster feared kidnapping because of his riches.

i was looking at old pics of the family, and i saw quite resembles to our little infantitas. i never thought Sofia was so similar to Infanta Cristina, if they born on the same year they could be twins.
And Leonor, shes so Felipe, but at the same time she has Letizia's smile and the same look at things.

i put the pics together to be easier to find similarities between them.
Leonor & Felipe & Letizia: (1st row(Leo&Fe); 2nd row(Leon&Let); 3rd row (Leo&Fe))
http://i51.tinypic.com/34yyc92.jpg

Sofia & Cristina: (Left-Cristina / Right-Sofia)
http://i51.tinypic.com/zyeyv6.jpg

Letizia said before blue was Sofia's favorite color, pink was Leonor's. At a visit to Asturias, she bought a blue purse for Sofia, pink one for Leonor from the charity shops set up by the students.

lula posted the pictures under the current events of Felipe and Letizia. Here are a couple of pictures of Sofia with a pair of glasses.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/778/96199194.jpg
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7855/27397614.jpg

Thanks! She´s looking really sweet with those glasses, although I would not be a fan of the style of the glasses...
BYe Bine

i was looking at old pics of the family, and i saw quite resembles to our little infantitas. i never thought Sofia was so similar to Infanta Cristina, if they born on the same year they could be twins.

Sofia & Cristina: (Left-Cristina / Right-Sofia)
http://i51.tinypic.com/zyeyv6.jpg

Oh my, I never realized that before. She really does look like her aunt! Lucky too, because her aunt is a very pretty woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom