Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 5: December 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both always so well dressed. Such lovely girls and I love how they are holding hands in one of the photos. I can imagine they are very close to one another. Can't wait to see what they were on Sunday.

Thanks for the photos. It always seems to be a drama to see these girls at private outings, Letizia holding on to them or putting her hands on their heads or around them as if something bad was about to happen.

Leonor starts dressing like her mother with scarf & rolled up sleeves. IMO the girls are all Borbon with the difference that Leonor has more petite features while Sofia is already a small version of her aunt Cristina. Letizia's ripped jeans are super-tacky.

Leonor starts dressing like her mother with scarf & rolled up sleeves. IMO the girls are all Borbon with the difference that Leonor has more petite features while Sofia is already a small version of her aunt Cristina. Letizia's ripped jeans are super-tacky.

Not to mention her boots and the shirt that says "whatever" on the back. Leonor looks adorable...Letizia ridiculous.

Thanks for the photos. It always seems to be a drama to see these girls at private outings, Letizia holding on to them or putting her hands on their heads or around them as if something bad was about to happen.

What drama ? They were quietly walking on a street, neither girl was acting up jumping around or making silly faces after they saw photographers. Don't see there is anything wrong seeing Letizia putting her arm around the little girls on a public street, they are still little girls.
I wouldn't call ripped jeans tacky since many people wore them. Some of my colleagues even ripped the jeans themselves.

Last edited:
Letitia is dressed like many women these days, and it´s neither ridiculous or tacky. It´s just a normal outfit.

Well if they didn't have a bodyguard at that outing, it's normal that Letizia stays protective of their daughters, if I were to be famous I would be extremelly caution with my children.

I also think that nowadays, Letizia lets her daughters appear more in public, last year they appeared many times, even more than Amalia, Alexia, Ariane and Ingrid Alexandra, Sverre Magnus and even the belgian children. But the complains continue, well you can never satisfy everyone though

Leonor is so beautiful and Sofía is more and more lovely :flowers:
I think Leonor is really mini Letizia!!

Well if they didn't have a bodyguard at that outing, it's normal that Letizia stays protective of their daughters, if I were to be famous I would be extremelly caution with my children.

I also think that nowadays, Letizia lets her daughters appear more in public, last year they appeared many times, even more than Amalia, Alexia, Ariane and Ingrid Alexandra, Sverre Magnus and even the belgian children. But the complains continue, well you can never satisfy everyone though

They will not hit the streets without protection officers, no chance. I can only comment on the pictures and whenever I see them confronted with the press, like this occasion in private or last summer in Mallorca, I find the girls tense, stiff and uncomfortable, especially when they are out and about with their mother. Felipe is the only person in the Asturias family who is always friendly and welcoming.
There was a story from the cinema last week when somebody wanted a picture when Letizia brushed them off ('we are not working') and Felipe later went to explain why it was difficult to have a picture (then everybody else wanted to have one) and apologized to the boy.
But then, he has grown up with a media that is not bad or an enemy.
http://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...ala-pasada-a-los-principes-en-el-cine_112119/

We've had this topic many times, IMO Victoria of Sweden is doing a terrific job with Estelle, taking her to suitable events already, guiding her towards a natural relationship with the press as the press will be around for the rest of her life (same with at least Leonor). Sofia will have the option to call it quits if it gets too much for her.

Last edited:
Please be respectful towards each other and personal attacks will be not be tolerated and may lead to disciplinary action.

And deservedly so,they were the stars of the Borbóns Easter outing!

Upon the abdication of King Juan Carlos (already done), will Leonor automatically become the Princess of Asturias? Or will it be later? Does she have a ceremony (like the prince of Wales did in 1969)? The duchess of Brabant was immediate supposedly, so I am just curious as to Leonids title.

Upon the abdication of King Juan Carlos (already done), will Leonor automatically become the Princess of Asturias? Or will it be later? Does she have a ceremony (like the prince of Wales did in 1969)? The duchess of Brabant was immediate supposedly, so I am just curious as to Leonids title.

Yes, when her father is proclaimed king automatically she will be Princess of Asturias

I'm surprised that Leonor will automatically become Princess of Asturias since she will be the heiress presumptive and not the heiress apparent. They do it this way in Monaco too where the heiress presumptive is the Hereditary Princess(but will soon be displaced).

I've heard conflicting information on whether Leonor is automatically Princess of Asturias.

Frankly, I'll eat my hat if she's displaced by a baby brother.

I think she will automatically become Princess of Asturias, if historical precedent is followed. If she gets a baby brother (and there's no change in the succession laws), he becomes Prince of Asturias. But Leonor would become Princess of Asturias if said hypothetical younger died before his own succession/having his own heirs and she becomes heiress presumptive again.
Isabella, Princess of Asturias (1851–1931) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom