Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 5: December 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing a picture on Tumblr once of Cristina at her Communion, I'll see if I can find it for you later on. :flowers:

Yes I've seen photo's of the Infantas First Holy Communions but I've never seen one of Prince Felipe.

Thanks for the pictures. :flowers:

If Elena, Cristina and Felipe had their Communions at Zarzuela then I'm guessing now that Leonor will have her Communion at the Palace too.
The same I´m thinking.;)

But I hope we´ll get the same amount of photos, these ones are very nice an natural, IMO, quite different from the "formal" photoshoots I remember from the Infantas´children.

On a different note, Cristina was a cutie. I really see a resemblance between her and her niece Sofia on those pics :)

2014 is also a possible year for Leonor's Communion. its the year she makes 9 years old, and many have their communion at age 9. (of course in 2015 shes still 9 around May, but 2014 has also a chance as well) or...maybe Irene for 2014 and Leonor for 2015?

Oh? I'm sure Felipe had his Communion with Elena and Cristina. Maybe he didn't?
each one of them had their communion separate, in their respective years. Felipe was the last because he is the youngest. however they all attend each other communions, because its a family event!:)

Last edited:
The same I´m thinking.;)

But I hope we´ll get the same amount of photos, these ones are very nice an natural, IMO, quite different from the "formal" photoshoots I remember from the Infantas´children.

On a different note, Cristina was a cutie. I really see a resemblance between her and her niece Sofia on those pics :)

I agree! Her daughter Irene looks exactly like Cristina did when Cristina was her age. :)

each one of them had their communion separate, in their respective years. Felipe was the last because he is the youngest. however they all attend each other communions, because its a family event!:)

Ah, I see, thanks for the information. :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: I think Duke means that she´ll do her Communion at the same time as her classmates, wich is the most common thing in Spain.
If children go to a Catholic school, normally the school organizes the event with groups of the same class. The most usual thing, however, is that children prepare their communion with religion classes at the nearest church (we call it catequesis and I believe it start it two years before the event, around 6 years old), and then they have the Communion at the same church, with the children they have attended the classes with.

Yes, thank you, this is what I meant. However, its possible that because of who she is, it will be done on Palace grounds. As I mentioned, there is the difficulty of the other participants' privacy.

Miguel's communion was done on Palace grounds, but only because his class mates were in Washington. The other two boys went together, with class mates, because they were about to move to the US. Victoria did her communion with her class mates too.

I'm sure will given that the Infanta is second in the line of succession to the Spanish throne and hopefully one day will be Queen Regnant of Spain.

I agree - Leonor's first communion will be a very big deal. In the U.S. children make their first communions in the spring of second grade, so when they are about 7-8 years old. If Spanish children follow the same track this would mean about May of 2014 for Leonor.

Leonor's firts communion will be in 2014. I bet she will look like an angel in her dress :)

Can't wait for 2014!!! I just saw some photos of King Juan Carlos in his office recently...my sister and I thought we saw a pic of Leonor with schoolbag in a photoframe :D

I remember that Leonor had really curly hair when she's younger, what happened to that??

^that was her baby hair, it happens to many people having curly hair as a toddler and straight hair when growing up. i was the same, i had curly hair but at five/six i had already very straight hair, now in my 20s i have wavy hair. (the same happened to my cousin)
during a lifetime, a person's hair changes so much!

Is that Sofía next to Leonor? She's almost as tall as her older sister, I reckon she might even become taller than Leonor with time. They've really grown a lot since last time I saw them.

Is that Sofía next to Leonor? She's almost as tall as her older sister, I reckon she might even become taller than Leonor with time. They've really grown a lot since last time I saw them.

Their shooting up alright!

Their shooting up alright!

I agree- both of the Infantas are getting very tall especially Sofia- she and Leonor look as though they're the same hight now... I see that they take after their father ;). Their cousin Irene is also getting quite tall as well IMO.

I think you might be right, I'm looking forward into seeing more pictures of them this year- it's a shame they didn't attend the Olympics, could you imagine how cute their little outfits would have been? The Infantas always have lovely and expensive-looking clothes.

Last edited:
Sofia & Leonor almost look like twins now. Sofia will be a tall, strong build girl with her father's height. Leonor seems to have inherited the more delicate structure of her mother. Irene is the female version of Inaki, look wise.

Wow, I can't get over how much they look like twins, I always thought Sofia looked really different than Leonor but not now. How wonderful that they will have each other to grow up with, sister that close are wonderful to have!!!!

It's amazing how the girls are the same height yet Leonor is almost 2 years older than Sofia. Sofia is going to be tall like her father I think.

maybe Sofia will reach 1,80 (5' 11")? like her aunt Cristina, which is taller than her older sister.
Leonor will probably surpass 1,70 (5' 7"), regardless of what height they'll have, i think both will be taller than Letizia.

If Sofia is unlucky, she will pass the 1.90 m like her father. 1.80 is already tall for a woman, considering they often wear heels or have to wear heels eg with dresses. Cristina was lucky to marry such tall man like Inaki, therefore she doesnt appear to be as tall as she actually is.

So, despite Uncle Inaki, looking around sportsguys like handballer, basketballer is not wrong for the girls when chosing their boyfriends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom