Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 3: November 2007 - June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This picture is absolutely lovely:wub:

I couldn't agree with you 2 more, it's one of my favourite pictures, such a tender picture of an absolutely radiant and happy mommy and an adorable , precious happy baby :wub:

I couldn't agree with you 2 more, it's one of my favourite pictures, such a tender picture of an absolutely radiant and happy mommy and an adorable , precious happy baby :wub:
Lovely:flowers:

We will have to wait to see nice pictures like this for the next summer holidays.
But I hope we will see little Sofía soon and Lady Leonor too of course!:wub:

I really wish CR post some new Sofia Pics, but I have my doubts, I keep my fingers crossed for that pics.:ermm:

Article from Terra:
La Infanta Sofía, hija menor de los Príncipes, cumple mañana su primer año
The way it's written it seems to me there won't be pictures, although it doesn't say that precisely. All it says is that is will be celebrated in private, which is logical. Here's the whole article:

La Infanta Sofía, la menor de las dos hijas de los Príncipes de Asturias, cumple mañana su primer año, un aniversario que está previsto se celebre en privado, según fuentes de la Casa del Rey.

au.gif

La agenda de trabajo de la Familia Real programada para mañana incluye un viaje del Príncipe a Bruselas, por la tarde, para hacer una visita a las instituciones de la Unión Europea, mientras que la Reina estará a mediodía en Barcelona en la inauguración del nuevo centro del Cáncer de Mama en el hospital universitario de Vall d'Hebrón.

La segunda hija de los Príncipes y octava nieta de los Reyes nació el 29 de abril de 2007 en una clínica madrileña mediante un parto por cesárea, al igual que su hermana la Infanta Leonor, quien llegó al mundo un año y medio antes.

La primera aparición pública de la Infanta Sofía se produjo a las puertas del hospital, cinco días después de su nacimiento, cuando se la vio en brazos de su madre, la Princesa de Asturias, y acompañadas de Don Felipe con su primogénita.

Mientras la niña dormía, sus padres anunciaron que recibiría el nombre de Sofía, como su abuela paterna, la Reina, y con el que fue bautizada el 15 de julio en los jardines del Palacio de la Zarzuela ante toda la Familia Real, los representantes de las altas instituciones del Estado, la familia de Doña Letizia y el equipo médico que la atendió en el parto.

La niña fue apadrinada por su abuela materna Paloma Rocasolano y por el príncipe de Vidin, Konstantín de Bulgaria, hijo del rey Simeón, que fue primer ministro de ese país.

Recién cumplidos los tres meses, la Infanta Sofía vivió su primer paseo en barco en aguas de la bahía de Palma de Mallorca junto a su abuela, la Reina, su madre, la Princesa de Asturias, y su hermana Leonor cuando asistían a una regata de la Copa del Rey de Vela en la que participaban Don Juan Carlos y Don Felipe.

Días después, la Familia Real al completo posó para los periodistas gráficos en el Palacio de Marivent de Palma, una tradicional imagen del verano que por primera vez incluyó a la menor de los nietos de los Reyes

En septiembre fue presentada por sus padres ante la Virgen de Atocha, una antigua tradición de la Familia Real, y en Navidad apareció en las fotografías que sirvieron, tanto a los Reyes que posaron con sus ocho nietos, como a los Príncipes de Asturias, con sus dos hijas, para felicitar las fiestas.

En unas imágenes de la Agencia EFE difundidas con motivo del 40 aniversario del Príncipe, el pasado 30 de enero, Don Felipe y Doña Letizia aparecen con sus hijas en su residencia de la Zarzuela, mientras que las imágenes más recientes, de las últimas semanas, son de Palma de Mallorca donde se ve a la pequeña saludando y pendiente de los fotógrafos que llamaban su atención.

Cuando la primogénita de los Príncipes cumplió su primer año,la Casa Real difundió unas fotografías oficiales de ella con los Príncipes y celebraron una fiesta infantil privada.

Last edited:
I doubt that there will be special photos for birthday´s Sofia,but perhaps they surprised us, who knows...

Sofia is a sweet big doll! So cute!:wub:
She is so funny when she waves to the paparazzi!

When were pictures released for Leo's birthday? We worried there would be no pictures for Isabella's birthday, but someone mentioned that pictures for Christian weren't released until the evening. Maybe that is the case with Sofi?

When were pictures released for Leo's birthday? We worried there would be no pictures for Isabella's birthday, but someone mentioned that pictures for Christian weren't released until the evening. Maybe that is the case with Sofi?

no unfortunately not. The pictures for Leonor's 1st birthday were released a day before her birthday so that the newspapers would be able to publish them on the right day. So that would mean the pictures for Sofia's 1st birthday would have had to have been released yesterday which they weren't. Further, all the newspapers anounce Sofia's birthday was to be celebrated in private, and we have just seen her a week ago, so I really don't think we'll get any pictures. It sure would be a good surprise if they were still released, but I doubt it!

The DRF published the pics for both Christian and Isabella late in the eve, around 8pm CET. In case there are no pics in honour of Sofia's 1st birthday I find it very disappointing. She has been treated second class before, did not get her official christening pictures published by Zarzuela, as Leonor did. I find it quite tacky to treat Leonor differently in this matter, they could have published a pic or two, especially as there is no certainty that she will be the heir to the throne in case Letizia has a son. I am glad the other Royal Families don't make such an obivous difference regarding their children on special days.

Did the Netherlands release birthday pictures of Ariane? It's a bummer that there's nothing for Sofia who seems to love the cameras.

YEAH, we all are desappointed because the SRF didn't release Sofias 1st birthday photos, but everyone who follows the SRF knows that they are very conservative and ALWAYS celebrates their birthdays in a private way, so I had hope, but inner me something was telling me that it wasn't going to be photos, and I was right.

YEAH, we all are desappointed because the SRF didn't release Sofias 1st birthday photos, but everyone who follows the SRF knows that they are very conservative and ALWAYS celebrates their birthdays in a private way, so I had hope, but inner me something was telling me that it wasn't going to be photos, and I was right.

I wouldnt say always. I have seen numerous times when the Urdangarins pose with the Marichalar's in the instance of birthdays. The last two years on Miguels birthday they have had a line up and also for Pablo and Juan. Two years ago for Miguel's birthday Leonor was also present but last year obviously not as she was visiting her new baby sister:flowers:

And in answer to a previous question- no there were no pictures released on Ariane's birthday. I found this surprising as they had released photo's for Alexia's first birthday.

I wouldnt say always. I have seen numerous times when the Urdangarins pose with the Marichalar's in the instance of birthdays. The last two years on Miguels birthday they have had a line up and also for Pablo and Juan. Two years ago for Miguel's birthday Leonor was also present but last year obviously not as she was visiting her new baby sister:flowers:

And in answer to a previous question- no there were no pictures released on Ariane's birthday. I found this surprising as they had released photo's for Alexia's first birthday.

What I wanted to say is that SRF NEVER release OFFICIAL birthday pics, Urdangarin family did it with paparazzi, but it wasn't official photos, and You never gonna see Princes of Asturias in a park or outside of their house for paparazzi photos, that never would happen.:cool:

What I wanted to say is that SRF NEVER release OFFICIAL birthday pics, Urdangarin family did it with paparazzi, but it wasn't official photos, and You never gonna see Princes of Asturias in a park or outside of their house for paparazzi photos, that never would happen.:cool:

They released three official photos last year for Leonor's birthday. :ermm:

They released three official photos last year for Leonor's birthday. :ermm:

People just don't get it, It was 'cause she is gonna be the heir that's it, but the rest of the family never do it, and it was just for Leonor 1st year, last year they did'nt do it.:whistling:

The Infanta's children never get their Official Pictures but I think there is no need. In relation to the Asturias' daughters, both got their presentation pics but only Leonor got her christening pics and her 1st birthday pics. I personally don't like this special treatment and one can only hope that Zarzuela gets it right with promoting Leonor as heiress in such an obvious way. How embarrassing in case Letizia has a son and the conditions for changing the constituion don't turn out to be the way as expected :whistling:

What I don't understand is how people feel this not releasing of pictures of Sofia's first birthday is somehow terrible and that they're treating her as second-rate in some way, while I do not remember people complaining about Ariane's lack of birthday pictures while both Amalia and Alexia had pictures. I would have liked to see some as well, but it's a decision of the princes we'll just have to accept. Besides when Leonor's pictures were released we hadn't seen her (if I'm correct) since the summer photoshoot in Mallorca, while we just saw little Sofia a lot over the last month.

I for one also don't like this unequal treatment of children be it heir/ess or not or eldest or youngest. Every child should be treated equally. Even if we have seen photos of them over the weekend in Mallorca, it is still way much better to have just one or two official photos with Mom and Dad posted in the official Royal site..

I really don't care, if they want fine, if they don't for me is fine too, I think they don't treat Leonor better than Sofia or up side down, I pretty sure they love them in the same way, It is just that is clear that Leonor is gonna be the queen some day, and It doesn't matter if Princess Letizia gives birth to a baby boy, It doesn't change things, the goverment has stated that they want equality for men and women for the crown and the parties think like that too.

So just in that case, ""a possible baby boy"" the goverment would make the change although it is a bit difficult, but It will be, There is no doubt about that, and the spaniards agree with that.

I suppose that are quite a few ways to look at what is happening here with regards to treatment of Leonor & Sofia.
1. The Princes have accepted that Leonor is the future Queen of Spain and she is treated as such without regard for Sofia.
2. The Princes have accepted that Leonor is the future Queen of Spain and as expected is "needed" to be in the media spotlight, and made an effort to keep Sofia out of the spotlight, so that she can have as normal a life as any child of the future King of Spain.
3. They actually do treat Leonor and Sofia different (which not not my opinion but just another option to think about).

I think that are probably a million ways someone could rationalize what is happening. Maybe they have just been busy and not okayed any photos for the media yet, who knows but the Princes themselves.

It is just that is clear that Leonor is gonna be the queen some day, and It doesn't matter if Princess Letizia gives birth to a baby boy, It doesn't change things, the goverment has stated that they want equality for men and women for the crown and the parties think like that too.

So just in that case, ""a possible baby boy"" the goverment would make the change although it is a bit difficult, but It will be, There is no doubt about that, and the spaniards agree with that.

princess gertrude 1. The Princes have accepted that Leonor is the future Queen of Spain and she is treated as such without regard for Sofia.

I don't think a change would be that smoothly and concentrating too obviously on Leonor could turn out to be risky; Queen Sofia went down the same road, she was expected to deliver a boy and did since the spanish monarchy to this day is hereditary in the male line. It is a tradition from centuries ago and was there for a reason (not that I think it's wrong to change it) but a change would bring along lots of discussions and finally raise the question regarding the continuity of the monarchy itself. Much will depend on the climate of politics or society when or if the situation will occurr. All in all it can turn out quite unpleasant for the SRF.

Zarzuela said no pics for political reasons - same thing re the different way the christenings were conducted / pics for Leonor, no pics for Sofia - and they will have their reasons to do so. Whether they are right or wrong here or regarding the handling of other issues remains to be seen; only time will tell.

Aw :wub: she looks so cute!
Felipe and Sofia stayed at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom