Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofía, News and Pictures Part 2: June 2007 - November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, nobody suggested that Leonor is being sheltered. Different countries different habits but I think it's fine to send an almost 2 year old girl to a daycare center. And it's not a bad thing to mix with other children who are not in the usual circle of children she may already play with. As the future Queen of Spain it's important that her upbringing is as normal as possible - was an important issue for Queen Sofia too - and this "school" is a good start, not only for discipline of schooling but for making new contacts or friends in a group without Mommy or Daddy or Nanny being around all the time.

In my opinion, that will be good or Leonor will tobe with other children and learn how to live in society whithout a devoted father - remember how Felipe was with his very autoritarian little girl: She didn't want that Falipe put in order her hairs, she didn'tgive her hand to her father, she was very mischievous looking how to escape to her father!!! So, so funny but the proof of character and the necessity for her learn a little that her to kind father, may be, don't have neither the time nor the wishe to show her.... the discipline!!!!!!!

I just read that Felipe started school at 4.

Hasn't Irene already started school? She is just four months older than Leonor. Was there an outcry when Irene started school? I'm not sure I understand what the big deal is. She's 21 months old, almost two years old. Does it really matter if she starts school at 18 months (like Christian of Denmark), or 4 (as her father did)? You certainly can't deny that things have changed since her father was a toddler. While I respect everyone's opinions, it is not up to us when Leonor starts school, but rather her parents. I'm sure they've thought this through and are confident in their decision to send Leonor to school now, rather than waiting another year or two.

Una zaragozana vistió a Leonor sin saberlo - 20minutos.es

A zaragozana dressed Leonor without knowing it

The designer Maria Romero Lacal was the one who designed the suit that the daughter of the Princes of Asturias illuminated in the baptism her sister, the infanta Sofía. One took a surprise when she saw her design in the magazines. Her creations are known inside and out of Spain.

" When I saw in the magazines that the infanta Leonor was taking one of our dresses in the baptism of her sister Sofía, it put on the "skin of hen". It is like a remuneration to so many years of work ", comments deceived the designer zaragozana Maria Romero Lacal.

Hasn't Irene already started school? She is just four months older than Leonor. Was there an outcry when Irene started school? I'm not sure I understand what the big deal is. She's 21 months old, almost two years old. Does it really matter if she starts school at 18 months (like Christian of Denmark), or 4 (as her father did)? You certainly can't deny that things have changed since her father was a toddler. While I respect everyone's opinions, it is not up to us when Leonor starts school, but rather her parents. I'm sure they've thought this through and are confident in their decision to send Leonor to school now, rather than waiting another year or two.
What Christian has started isn't school !

What Christian has started isn't school !

actually, he has. He attends Queen Louise's Kindergarten/Nursery School (I can't remember the exact name in Danish), in Fredensborg. He attends a few days a week, but the media has been asked not to disturb him there.
There was a special thread for his first day, when Frederik and Mary walked him into school and posed for photographers with Christian. This was in the early spring, when Mary was very pregnant with Isabella.

However, please, please please don't start the whole Mary/Letizia, Christian/Leonor comparisons!!! They are two totally different children who happen to be born to two different crown princely couples, with different traditions and cultures. It's not fair to compare them-it's like comparing apples and oranges- it just doesn't work. :glare:

:flowers::flowers::flowers:

"A boyfriend for the infanta Sofia"
Un novio para la Infanta Sofía :: Nobleza :: esmas.com

"With the birth of so many Little princes, who will be able to be the future husband of the second daughter of the Prince of Asturias?"

(...)The lovers of the international royalty look for names of other small princes who can turn into her future husband, unless the girl grows with a mentality of the century XXI and, following the example of other princes, she prefers choosing the way of the love and marries the plebeian one. (...)

(...) Some possible royal partner of the Infanta Sofía, which also might include the princes inheritors Gabriel and Emanuel of the sad dynasty of Belgium and the prince Gabriel Michael Louis of Luxembourg, might be..

Sverre Magnus of Norway: The blond Prince, son of Haakon of Norway, and his wife, the princess Mette-Marit, was born on December 3, 2005 and the third place occupies in the line of succession to the throne behind his father and his sister Ingrid Alexandra.

Prince Hisahito of Japan: A more exotic pair for the Infanta Sofía is the new inheritor to the throne of Japan!, son of the princess Kiko and her husband, the prince Akishino. The newborn child is the third one in the line of succession to the throne.(...)

Prince Moulay The Hassan of Morocco: The prince inheritor of the throne of Morocco, Moulay, was born on May 8, 2003 and he will be the sixteenth monarch of this dynasty. If Sofia is a lover of other cultures, Moulay will be a good option, specially now that Spain and Morocco they are stabilizing their political relations, and that the queen Sofía is a good friend of the mother of the inheritor, the princess Lalla Salma, though it is difficult to think that the Infanta changes religion and is made a Muslim.

Prince Christian of Denmark: Christian the small one, son of the future king Federico of Denmark and his wife, Mary Donaldson, was born 15 that of October, 2006, and according to the experts, it is a ' An excellent option ' for the Infanta Sofía. The reason is that the Danish dynasty is very stable, and that his mother is popular in Europe and very friend of the princess Letizia. If Sofia marries with Christian, she would turn into sovereign queen of Denmark and will add infinity of new titles one those that already she has.

Prince Simeon of Bulgaria: If Sofia wants to fall in love with someone with more 'ataduras' to Spain she can choose Simeón of Bulgaria, son of the Spanish 'adventurer' Kitín Muñoz and the princess Kalina of Bulgaria (...)

Last edited:
Sofia and Sverre Magnus would be cute, especially if Sofia turns out blonde. And then they could have blonde kids as well! Christian would also be cute, then if Leonor becomes Queen she and her sister would both have title as "Queen"!

"A boyfriend for tge infanta Sofia"
Un novio para la Infanta Sofía :: Nobleza :: esmas.com

"With the birth of so many Little princes, who will be able to be the future husband of the second daughter of the Prince of Asturias?"

(...)The lovers of the international royalty look for names of other small princes who can turn into her future husband, unless the girl grows with a mentality of the century XXI and, following the example of other princes, she prefers choosing the way of the love and marries the plebeian one. (...)

(...) Some possible royal partner of the Infanta Sofía, which also might include the princes inheritors Gabriel and Emanuel of the sad dynasty of Belgium and the prince Gabriel Michael Louis of Luxembourg, might be..

Sverre Magnus of Norway: The blond Prince, son of Haakon of Norway, and his wife, the princess Mette-Marit, was born on December 3, 2005 and the third place occupies in the line of succession to the throne behind his father and his sister Ingrid Alexandra.

Prince Hisahito of Japan: A more exotic pair for the Infanta Sofía is the new inheritor to the throne of Japan!, son of the princess Kiko and her husband, the prince Akishino. The newborn child is the third one in the line of succession to the throne.(...)

Prince Moulay The Hassan of Morocco: The prince inheritor of the throne of Morocco, Moulay, was born on May 8, 2003 and he will be the sixteenth monarch of this dynasty. If Sofia is a lover of other cultures, Moulay will be a good option, specially now that Spain and Morocco they are stabilizing their political relations, and that the queen Sofía is a good friend of the mother of the inheritor, the princess Lalla Salma, though it is difficult to think that the Infanta changes religion and is made a Muslim.

Prince Christian of Denmark: Christian the small one, son of the future king Federico of Denmark and his wife, Mary Donaldson, was born 15 that of October, 2006, and according to the experts, it is a ' An excellent option ' for the Infanta Sofía. The reason is that the Danish dynasty is very stable, and that his mother is popular in Europe and very friend of the princess Letizia. If Sofia marries with Christian, she would turn into sovereign queen of Denmark and will add infinity of new titles one those that already she has.

Prince Simeon of Bulgaria: If Sofia wants to fall in love with someone with more 'ataduras' to Spain she can choose Simeón of Bulgaria, son of the Spanish 'adventurer' Kitín Muñoz and the princess Kalina of Bulgaria (...)

OMG it has already started :D
Good for little Sofia that she's only Number 2. The real trouble will be on for big sis to find a suitable consort :ROFLMAO:

Yes, Sofia and Sverre would be so cute:wub:!.. Sofi and Christian too..but Leo and Christian would be perfect:wub:...however, I think that the really important thing is that if one day any little prince/princess marries... makes it in love!

...however, I think that the really important thing is that if one day any little prince/princess marries... makes it in love!

I totally agree. I think Felipe, Cristina, and Elena all did the right thing by marrying for love. I hope that all of the SRF children are some day able to marry for love.:wub:

I think that MOnarchy has its mysthics. If this ends, Monarchy will end too. So, it will be all right if Infanta Sofía marries a Prince inestead of anyone else as all Princes and Princesses are doing nowadays.

Of course, in this case or another, they MUST be a marriage FOR LOVE, and not interest. They were Royal marriages for love, so I don't think it will be so hard to think that Infanta Sofía could marry for love. I'm a great fighter for love couples (Royal or not). All other kind of marriages are OUT OF QUESTION, for commoners, royals or whoever there is. That's for sure.

But people from magazines, newspapers...and Royal Forums. Do you really think it's time to speak about marriage for a little girl who spends almost all her day sleeping and drinking milk? :D

Vanesa.

:D
Do you really think it's time to speak about marriage for a little girl who spends almost all her day sleeping and drinking milk? :D

Vanesa.

No, the real time for that will be in about 20 years. But it is fun!

La muñeca, el regalo estrella. SUR.es

Remember the polemic doll representing Infanta Leonor as a new-born?... Well, nothing less than 8.000 dolls have been sold, so far, each one costing around 65.95 €.

Leonor marca estilo. SUR.es

Infanta Leonor is a perfect model, since the clothes suit her well, she is very graceful and jouyfull", says Pilar Gracia, the marketing director of the child clothes trademark of Maria Romero, the one who made the dress Leonor took to the baptism of her sister Sofía. Since the Infanta appeared in public, wearing it, that particular dress had a sales increase of 30 percent more than any other outfit of the same collection. There are already many parents who come directly to the stores, showing the magazines, in order to get the most similar dresses for their own daughters. Everybody is trying to reproduce her clothes for the children of her age.

Last edited:
Last week in the shop window of a toy store there was a doll of the Infanta Leonor, with her blond curls and the red and white dress that she dressed in the presentation of her sister. :eek: It is was my face when I saw her, the business continues... I would not be surprised that the next one was a doll of Leonor dressed in sailor's dress or the version of the Infanta Sofía.

Last edited:
Last week in the shop window of a toy store there was a doll of the Infanta Leonor, with her blond curls and the red and white dress that she dressed in the presentation of her sister. :eek: It is was my face when I saw her, the business continues... I would not be surprised that the next one was a doll of Leonor dressed in sailor's dress or the version of the Infanta Sofía.

INCREDIBLE !!!:nonono::nonono:

Infanta Leonor is a perfect model, since the clothes suit her well, she is very graceful and jouyfull", says Pilar Gracia, the marketing director of the child clothes trademark of Maria Romero, the one who made the dress Leonor took to the baptism of her sister Sofía. Since the Infanta appeared in public, wearing it, that particular dress had a sales increase of 30 percent more than any other outfit of the same collection. There are already many parents who come directly to the stores, showing the magazines, in order to get the most similar dresses for their own daughters. Everybody is trying to reproduce her clothes for the children of her age.

Another thing that I have remembered. This week in a program of television they emitted a fashionable infantile parade of this designer, which designed the dress of the Infanta Leonor for the baptism of Infanta Sofía.

Leonor marks style:
ONLY in which we took of August it has monopolized more carrying than any international model. She is the unquestionable queen of the summer. And its style, the most imitated of the moment. And that that arrives not even at the meter of stature and has turned still both years. Infant Leonor has become everything a referring one in infantile fashion in Spain until the point of which in the sector already she is spoken of 'estilo Leonor'...

See. I said she would be a fashion icon before 3 and I'm proven right. ;)

Leonor marks style:
ONLY in which we took of August it has monopolized more carrying than any international model. She is the unquestionable queen of the summer. And its style, the most imitated of the moment. And that that arrives not even at the meter of stature and has turned still both years. Infant Leonor has become everything a referring one in infantile fashion in Spain until the point of which in the sector already she is spoken of 'estilo Leonor'...

Does "estilo" mean star?

Nope. "Estilo" means "style". The word to said "Star" in Spanish is "Estrella".

Vanesa.

:lol::lol::lol: yes!!

I agree Leonor is a fashion icon and a perfect model, she's not shy and she always seems to be having a good time with everybody, dad, mom, grandma, cousins, aunts, and of course the press! :lol: :flowers:

I'm totally astonishing by the good tempered of the Infanta Leonor.

I don't have remember to see her actually crying.

She is very intripid and even when she is falling down she dosen't cry. What a true corageous Infanta!:bunny::dragon::dragon:

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( By courtesy of Isifa )

The Infanta Sofia, even if the fathers tell that she is more difficil than Leonor, looks very calm.

The puny Princess of Asturias is doing handsome and very chubby big babies girls con very good tempered

Where could I get this doll of Leonor? I would love to have it!

Yes...I'm amazed about their delicious temper. They are both very well behaved. And their faces shows a premature intelligence. I wish God should have blessed them with a bright mind.

Vanesa.:flowers:

Leonor looks sooooo much like her grandpa.. She is "calque" of Don Juan Carlos - her face features.. Leonor is a little girl but already quite an interesting personality: to my opinion, she has got the strength of her Mom, intelligence of her Dad, cheerfulness of her Royal grandma and.. Leo is geniune Borbon :flowers:

( by courtesy of )

The scoop : the single shot knowned of the Infanta Leonor crying

She cried at Marivent photoshoot last year, don't have the picture, but her parents tried to calm her down. I guess she cries as much or less as any toddler does but manages to behave well in most cases when cameras are around. Not bad for a 22 month old girl.

She cried at Marivent photoshoot last year, don't have the picture, but her parents tried to calm her down. I guess she cries as much or less as any toddler does but manages to behave well in most cases when cameras are around. Not bad for a 22 month old girl.

:lol::lol:

Where is your british sens of humour ? :lol::ROFLMAO:

for the last year during the photosession, Leonor didn't cryed, she was only furious because may be the fotosession was too long:

( by courtesy of Getty )

It's absolutly obvious that the little Infanta has to cry exactly as you say any todler of her age. At least, I hope for her because if she can't crying now when she will do it, isen't it ? :D:angel:

Last edited:
:lol::lol:

Where is your british sens of humour ? :lol::ROFLMAO:
Sometimes it gets lost I am afraid :lol:

for the last year during the photosession, Leonor didn't cryed, she was only furious because may be the fotosssion was too long:

http://s2.supload.com/free/71606331.jpg/view/

( by courtesy of Getty )

It's absolutly obvious that the little Infanta has to cry exactly as you say any todler of her age. At least, I hope for her because if she can't crying now when she will do it, isen't it ? :D:angel:
Thanks Adelaide, that's the pic I meant. I guess she sensed some discomfort as Felipe looked very tired and annoyed by the fotoshoot itself - I think he had only returned from an overseas event.

Just imagine what people said if she did not cry at all in public - something must be wrong, mustn't it :rolleyes: But Leonor seems to be a very robust girl, most times in good spirits and no cry baby, at least this is what we see of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom