Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 5: May - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rosalyn said:
Owner of what kind of school....equestrian? Thanks

Not, she's English's teacher and the school is an kindergarten :)

I loved the school photos. I've never seen the children look so relaxed.

I am not in agreement with this I articulate,they are always removing end to him to everything and I believe that goes with second intention,I repeat that I do not like :bang:

Now if a boy is rebellious he is that badly is educated,if the boy is more serious like Juan he is that the gotten upset boy this or is very serious,the press does not know what says.
as they want that the children behave?:mad:

Last edited:
Froilán is a little bit of a bad boy but I don't think he's THAT bad...:ermm:
avrilo said:
Is Froilan a brat¿ we all remember that kick in Felipe and Letizia´s wedding! It has been reported that he didnt want to receive the blessing of pope Benedict XVI. A link to my source

http://www.quien.com/nivel2.asp?cve=123_28
the Translation of the article:

Froilan the Menace
Every time the bad behavior of the the oldest grandson of the kings of Spain is getting more evident . Their parents, Jaime de Marichalar and infant Elena, can't restrain him no longer

For many that scene, apparently inoffensive of the son of the Dukes of Lugo was very funny, when he kicked a girl during the wedding of his uncle Felipe and Letizia in May of 2004. Nevertheless, the bad conduct of Felipe Juan Froilán de Todos los Santos Marichalar and Borbón, of eight years, has exceeded all the limits and there is not one that can tame him. All in opposition to his younger sister, Victoria Federica, of six, that is very proper and educated.

it's said says that shortly after that small menace was born the 17 of July of 1998 –, some journalists asked the father for the similarity of the baby and he answered: “He looks like his mother, poor fella.“And everything indicates that the similarity not only is physical, also of character.

For Froilán is customary to do whatever he wants, and the images therefore demonstrate it. Usually he's been seen making tantrums, annoyed faces or behaving badly, which has gotten to even alter the kings Juan Carlos and Sofía, who without being able to restrain themselves have reprimanded him in public.

An example: during the visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Valencia, Froilán embarrassed the royal family when he refused to go into a private room to receive the blessing of His Holiness.

Infanta Elena dedicates her mornings to give classes of English in the school of her children, the Micos My First Cole, reason why she's accustomed to deal with children, but even she hasn't been able to restrain him. And maybe Froilán wants to rebel to the rigid education that he receives as a member of the monarchy or simply too much camera exposition is affecting him.

Whatever the reason is, the Spanish royal house begins to worry, because the press has their sights put in the young one and constantly it is speculated on the education that he's receiving and what could him turn into in the future. If at eight, he already has given more than one disgust to his parents, uncles, aunts and grandparents, what could possibly happen when he grows up?

---------------//-----------------------------//-------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the quality of the translation, I hope it is understandable :blush:

Last edited:
agree! i think the article's being a bit hypercritical. he's just a boy! maybe at this stage all he wants to do is still play around. i'm sure he gets the right amount of discipline and values he needs to grow up fine at home.

and, are they thatclose to the SRF to say with authority that he's a brat?:question: :flowers:

RhapsodyBrat said:
and, are they thatclose to the SRF to say with authority that he's a brat?:question: :flowers:
Exacktly. The same was with the article (the same magazine) about Leti's thinnes. They wrote that "she IS anorectic". Sorry, but they would have right to write sth like that ONLY after the official statement of casareal. If they had written that "the Princess CAN be ill" or "it's POSSIBLE that the Princess is ill" or "Letizia is alarmingly thin" everything would be ok, the press was speculating, is speculating and will be speculating, wheather we like it or not. But calling her anorectic as if it was confirmed?!:bang:

And come on, the wedding of the Princes was 2 years ago! He was a little boy then! Now we all can see that during official events like Leo's christening or photosession he is so well-behaved as the rest of the kids or even more, he seems to be more quiet and calm than he was in the past. Anyway, we should also remember that his childhood wasn't/isn't only the bed of roses after his daddy's stroke.

Last edited:
I agree Forilan is a little boy, but little boys are not stupid and understand that there are certain situations where they should behave. I also agree he is still in the process of education. havin a troubled childhood or being a royal doesnt equals being a prat. I doubt Elena or any other mother would have let the kid alone, probaly after that, he recieved a lecture, but that wont appear in the press, what does appear is a unpolite boy kickin his cousin. Boy or not that is not an image so easy to erase.

and, are they thatclose to the SRF to say with authority that he's a brat?
question.gif
We are not close to any of the royals either, to say they are lovely and we do it all the time, or is in this forum the only opinon accepted: how lovely royals are¿ I think a boy who cant behave in mass is brat, sorry!

About the magazine, I wanna emphazise is NOT a tabloid, is a society magazine. It has a more serious profile than a tabloid so it cant be discredit just because they dont like Spanish royals, I was flippin the last issue yesterday and they have recieved strong critics in their editorial section, about stating it as a fact,similars to the one by Lachicamadrilena, i. I was a bit mad at first,when I saw the cover too, but when I saw the pics I couldnt stop wonderin if they were right cause is not the first time I see it, but that is a different topic

Last edited:
About the magazine, I wanna emphazise is NOT a tabloid, is a society magazine.
Society magazine or tabloid which sources do they have? Aren't they just making assumptions like us here?

it cant be discredit just because they dont like Spanish royals
Nobody here is trying to discredit the publication because they "don't like the Spanish Royals", it's not a matter of liking or not, it's a matter of trying to understand why they're bringing up something that happened almost three years ago - the episode of the kicking - in which he wasn't alone by the way, as Juanito was being as misbehaved as he was. Froilán was 5 at the time, with hardly too much maturity of who he is (the grandson of the King and Queen of Spain) or the importance of the event he was present in.

What most people do conveniently forget is that we're talking about CHILDREN here. Those seven kids may be the grandchildren of the King and Queen of Spain, but they're still children. It's wrong to label Froilan a brat just because he misbehaves.

It was also conveniently forgotten in this piece that, during Leonor's christening in January, everybody was wondering if Froilan was present because no-one had seen him. Later it was known that he was the only one that remained where he was supposed to be seated although all the other children - including his sister, got up and came by their youngest cousin.

And the piece also doesn't mention that Froilan had an exemplar behavior at the recent photoshoot in Marivent, while his cousin Miguel was showing all his boredom in the worst way that it could be. Does this make Miguel a brat too, by the way?

It's highly unfair and cruel to label people like that, especially when they are talking about children, or don't you think that Froilan is aware of this kind of "news" that is published about him? He was chosen to take centre stage because he's the oldest of the seven grandchildren of the King and Queen of Spain.

Let's just wait and see who's gonna be the next target.

crisiñaki said:
the Translation of the article:
...“He looks like his mother, poor fella.“And everything indicates that the similarity not only is physical, also of character.

Does anyone know why they said this? Was Elena thought to be a brat when she was younger?

ladejesus said:
Does anyone know why they said this? Was Elena thought to be a brat when she was younger?
I remember the video about Leti's pregnancy or the birth of Leo, nevermind, they have mention also other grandsons of the Kings. The little part of Jaime's press conference (after the birth of Froilan) was there as well and this statement you have mentioned was just a joke, Jaime smiled, said that the baby is similar to his mother, add so that it's "poor" and started laughing, the same as the journalists. When little Victoria was born, he also said that she took after mummy, but this time he said that she is beautiful.:flowers:

Thanks LaChica, but the article says that it is not just in appearance that Froilan takes after his mother. That is what I was refering to.

Anna_R said:
...it's not a matter of liking or not, it's a matter of trying to understand why they're bringing up something that happened almost three years ago - the episode of the kicking - in which he wasn't alone by the way, as Juanito was being as misbehaved as he was. Froilán was 5 at the time, with hardly too much maturity of who he is (the grandson of the King and Queen of Spain) or the importance of the event he was present in.

What most people do conveniently forget is that we're talking about CHILDREN here. Those seven kids may be the grandchildren of the King and Queen of Spain, but they're still children. It's wrong to label Froilan a brat just because he misbehaves.

...And the piece also doesn't mention that Froilan had an exemplar behavior at the recent photoshoot in Marivent, while his cousin Miguel was showing all his boredom in the worst way that it could be. Does this make Miguel a brat too, by the way?

It's highly unfair and cruel to label people like that, especially when they are talking about children, or don't you think that Froilan is aware of this kind of "news" that is published about him? He was chosen to take centre stage because he's the oldest of the seven grandchildren of the King and Queen of Spain.

Let's just wait and see who's gonna be the next target.

you hit it right on the spot! sometimes it is puzzling why the press just suddenly "picks" on a certain/particular person. i'd really like to know their reasons why and what basis do they have for coming up with stuff like this.

http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/exposicion_homenaje_aniversario_muerte_escritor_1084329.htm

Exhibition honoring in 50 anniversary of the death of the writer

The Museum of the City there commemorates 50 anniversary of Pío Baroja's death with an exhibition honoring in the one that shows a selection of 250 pieces, between the first editions of books, photographies, letters, paintings, and there shows itself for the first time a documentary in which the writer speaks about Benito Perez Galdós.

Alicia Moreno, councillor of The Arts, and Jose García-Velasco, president of the State Society of Cultural Commemorations (SECC), accompanied of the commissioner Joaquín Puig de la Bellacasa and of Pío Caro Baroja, nephew of the writer, presented today this exhibition that tomorrow there inaugurate the Dukes of Lugo and the minister of Culture, Carmen Calvo.

Dukes of Lugo inaugurate exhibition tribute to Pío Baroja

Dukes of Lugo inaugurated today in the Museum of the City a commemorative exhibition of the 50 anniversary of the death of Pío Baroja the 30 of October of 1956, with a selection of 250 pieces, between first editions of their books, photographies, letters and paintings.

Infant Elena and her husband, Jaime de Marichalar, crossed it in company of the minister of Culture, Carmen Calvo; of the mayor of Madrid, Alberto Ruiz-Gallardón; and of the commissioner of the sample, Joaquin Puig of the Bellacasa.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/duques_lugo_pio_baroja_1087301.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics, lula, the couple looked very elegant and charming. I think royals do see much more exhibitions than we are able to ;)

Thanksss for the photos lula !!!!

Infanta Elena is very beautiful !!!

LaChicaMadrilena said:
The little part of Jaime's press conference (after the birth of Froilan) was there as well and this statement you have mentioned was just a joke, Jaime smiled, said that the baby is similar to his mother, add so that it's "poor" and started laughing, the same as the journalists.

Geez, your wife just goes through agony to give birth to your child and all you can do is insult her. Pff... nice guy. :sad: :rolleyes:

rchat said:
Geez, your wife just goes through agony to give birth to your child and all you can do is insult her. Pff... nice guy. :sad: :rolleyes:

I remember the comment and I agree with you rchat: it was not a very sensitive remark on Jamie's part, even as a joke, and if the journalists laughed, too, then they were equally as insensitive as he was. Shame on all of them who laughed.

Elena may not be a ravishing beauty, but she does come off as a very caring individual, especially with her family and her students.

Besides, Jamie's looks aren't exactly going to win him any beauty contests either. And has he never heard that beauty is only skin deep?

Alexandria said:
Besides, Jamie's looks aren't exactly going to win him any beauty contests either. And has he never heard that beauty is only skin deep?
Yeah, he's not good looking at all.

Poor Froilan, the story of the " Kick" is doing to stay in the public memory but it's not the truth!

Juan valentin did exactly the same thing and nobody noticed that.... Why ?

I saw that when I was watching at the Nagore'videos about the Princes's wedding, Juan Valentin was so kicker as his cousin...

You can check this very funy detail if you have download the Nagore's videos about the Princes' wedding ( made from TV report) I forgot the post of the thread but it could be very easyto find it.

Froilan " the menace" is may be not the reality....

http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3570

Inauguration of the exhibition Sargent/Sorolla
Madrid, on October 2, 2006

Her Royal Highness the Infanta Dona Elena and the Excmo. Mr Don Jaime de Marichalar has presided at the act

At their arrival to the House of the Jewelry they were got for Her Royal Highness the Infanta Dona Pilar; the undersecretary of Culture, Antonio J. Nobleman; the baroness Thyssen-Bornemisza, Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza; and the president of the Council of Administration of Box Madrid, Michael Blesa. Later and already inside the building they were greeted by the general manager of Fine arts and Cultural, Julián Martínez; the manager of the Foundation Box Madrid, Rafael Spottorno; the general manager of the Museum Thyssen-Bornemisza, Carlos Fernandez de Henestrosa; for the employers of the Foundation Box Madrid and of the Museum Thyssen-Bornemisza; for the directors of Box Madrid; the conservative chief of the Museum Thyssen-Bornemisza; and for the commissioner of the Exhibition.

Later, Dona Elena and her husband, guided by a commissioner, they crossed the exhibition " Sargent / Sorolla " of the House of the Jewelry, and later they moved to the dedicated one to these two artists in the Museum Thyssen-Bornemisza, signing in Honor's Book of these Foundations.
Finished the visit, Dona Elena and her husband, Don Jaime de Marichalar, conversed a few minutes with the attendees, later to be dismissed by the same persons who they received.

From terra

Last edited:
http://www.hola.com/actualidad/imgActualidad/index.html?currentDay=03-10-2006&currentImg=6

The Dukes of Lugo, in the inauguration of the exhibition Sargent/Sorolla

The Dukes of Lugo showed once again their appreciation for the arts, on the occasion of the exhibition " Sargent/Sorolla ". Guided by a commissioner, they crossed the sample of the House of the Jewelry, and later they moved to the dedicated one to these two artists in the Museum Thyssen-Bornemisza, signing in Honor's Book of these Foundations. Finished the visit, dona Elena and her husband, don Jaime de Marichalar, conversed a few minutes with the attendees, between whom the baroness Thyssen was.

lecturas and hola

Last edited:
Dukes de Lugo will preside over in Segovia, next the 24 of October, the delivery of the I Don Prize Juan de Borbón of Music to the Portuguese pianista Maria Joao Pires, promoted from the Foundation that takes the name of the Count of Barcelona.
The mayor of Segovia, Pedro Arahuetes, infant Elena and Don today informed to Efe that Jaime de Marichalar will attend the act, that it will be celebrated in the Hall Kings of the Palace of Segovia.
The past 5 of June, a jury presided over by the Polish composer of international reputation Krzysztof Penderecki, Prize Prince of Asturias of the Arts in 2001, it valued ?the extraordinary musical values of Maria Joao Piris in the pianística interpretation?.
Also, it considered 'its intense one, prolonged and generous dedication to the education of jóvenes', specially shaped in center for the study it gives the arts, in Belgais (Portugal).
Maria Joao Pires (Lisbon, 1944), a diva of music at international level, according to the members of the jury, it began to touch the piano with 3 years and also to very early age it was registered in the Conservatory of Music of the lisboeta capital, where it made the musical studies.
The center for the study of the arts is nailed in a property of property of the pianista, next to the Portuguese city of Castelo Branco, where a choir of children has formed and where few students lock in themselves periodically to receive lessons in a creativity atmosphere.
Also one worries about the listeners, with classrooms of music with people of the town, what recently it has been compensated him with prize UNESCO to the defense of the Human rights, mainly of women and children.
In addition, the musical Marco Takings were members of the jury, Antón Garci'a Abril and Amancio Prada, as well as the chiefs of a main directorate of the Real Theater of Madrid, Miguel Muñiz, and of the Grammar school of Barcelona, Rosa Cullell.
Next to the economic dowry of 60,000 euros, Maria Joao Pires will receive a crystal glass of century XVIII, of the Real Crystal Factory of the Farm (Segovia), of about 25 centimeters of height, that it will take to engraving the name of the prize in the base with the shield of Segovia.

from terra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom