Infanta Elena and Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2003 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
colourpress.com - colour the world with photos ... Madrid, Spain - Princess Elena of Spain shopping in Ikea as she is doing up a flat for her and Jaime de Marichalar. Photo: Euroimagen

colourpress.com - colour the world with photos ... Madrid, Spain - Princess Elena of Spain shopping in Ikea as she is doing up a flat for her and Jaime de Marichalar. Photo: Euroimagen

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Attachments

• SP_elena_503.jpg
    SP_elena_503.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 262
  • SP_elena_503a.jpg
    SP_elena_503a.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 225
  • SP_elena_503b.jpg
    SP_elena_503b.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 269
  • SP_jaime_499.jpg
    SP_jaime_499.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
I sat next to them at a event and he is very polite. Considerate in a traditional
Spaniard way to his wife. This was some time ago.

Does anyone know what happened to Elena's hand? In all the recent pictures I have seen of her she has had her hand wrapped up.

No one knows :blink: It's a mystery that press is dying to solve :p

1. Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa 20009, Madrid, Spanien. Princess Elena de Borbon took part last weekend in a horse show in memory of her trainer, the deceased SANTIAGO PEREZ SEOANE.

2. Elena and Jaime ...

3. And Elena at the same event.

Attachments

• 29_Elena_Horse_10.jpg
    29_Elena_Horse_10.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 301
  • elena_jaime.jpg
    elena_jaime.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 344
  • elena.jpg
    elena.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 278
Between her and Princess Cristina, she dresses more fashionably because as what I have observed, Cristina's dresses have simple designs compared to hers. I really like her dresses.

Originally posted by Josefine@Oct 7th, 2003 - 12:00 am
How much does she compete
Before the marriage and before have the kids, she done it very often. After she only does it ocasionaly or in special ocasions like that one (it was an tribute to her older trainer).

Infanta Elena and Family News and Picture Thread, Part II

has jaime brothers or sisters??? (name+birthday)

He is the 4th child of 6 children of Amalio de Marichalar y Bruguera, Count of Ripalda, who died in 1979, and Concepcion Saenz de Tejada y Fernandez de Bobadilla. So he has 5 brothers and sisters.
His brother Alvaro is the only one I remember seing on spanish TV, he crossed the Atlantic with a jet ski some time ago.
This pic is of Alvaro de Marichalar talking about one of his expeditions.

Attachments

• alvaromarichalar.jpg
    alvaromarichalar.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 308
I know that Jaime is the 4th of six children. But the only that i can tell you is that his older brother, Joaquin, is the Conde of Ripalda, that he has another brother called Alvaro and one sister, Ana, that was the godmother of Victoria Frederica together with Prince Felipe. Ther others i don't know any about them :p

1 to 5) Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa/JJS/PP 20009, Madrid, Spanien. PRINCESS ELENA AT THE 40TH EDITION OF TELVA FASHION AWARDS PRINCESS ELENA AT THE TELVA FASHION AWARDS IN THE PALACE HOTEL DE MADRID. PACO RABANNE WAS HONORED FOR HIS LIFE IN THE FASHION WORLD AND THE NEW 'ENFANT TERRIBLE' OF THE SPANISH FASHION CUSTO BARCELONA WAS HONORED TOO AFTER HIS SUCCESS IN NEW YORK. FROM THE PRESIDENT OF GOVERNMENT WIFE' S ANA BOTELLA, TV PERSONALITIES, FASHION PEOPLE LIKE MODELS, FAMOUS IN GENERAL, MOVIE PERSONALITIES, CULTURE MINISTER, BULLFIGHTERS, AND EVENT FOOTBALL PLAYERS ATTENDED THE BIG EVENT.

6) casareal - Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Elena, con la directora de la revista Telva, Nieves Fontana y el diseñador Paco Rabanne, en la entrega de los Premios Telva de la Moda, que fue presidida por Doña Elena. Los galardonados fueron Custo Dalmau y Paco Rabanne, como mejor diseñador nacional e internacional, respectivamente. (Hotel Palace, Madrid, 20 de octubre de 2003)

Attachments

• 21_Elena_Fashion_4.jpg
    21_Elena_Fashion_4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 21_Elena_Fashion_7.jpg
    21_Elena_Fashion_7.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 251
  • 21_Elena_Fashion_9.jpg
    21_Elena_Fashion_9.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 21_Elena_Fashion_11.jpg
    21_Elena_Fashion_11.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 21_Elena_Fashion_13.jpg
    21_Elena_Fashion_13.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 202
  • telva03g.jpg
    telva03g.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 188
Thank you xicamaluca for these latest pictures of Infanta Elena. I love the jacket she is wearing in it. I find Elena to be much dressier and more ornate in her style of clothes than her sister Cristina, who seems to be more casually dressed or less fussy in her choice of suits and gowns.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Madrid, Spain. Princess Elena and Cristina of Spain collect for Red Cross. TODAY´S THE RED CROSS INTERNATIONAL DAY. THE CHARITY ORGANIZATION FUNDED 140 YEAR AGO IN SWITZERLAND COLLECTS FUNDS TO KEEP THE PROGRAMS RUNNING ALL AROUND THE GLOBE . IN MADRID THE PRINCESSES ELENA AND CRISTINA DE BORBON PRESIDED DIFFERENT TABLES DEDICATED TO THE COLLECTION OF MONEY. PRESIDENT OF GOVERMENT´S WIFE ANA BOTELLA AND MADRID MAYOR MR. RUIZ GALLARDON CONTRIBUTEDTO THE RED CROSS CAUSE.

Attachments

• SP_elena_501f.jpg
    SP_elena_501f.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 205
Hmm...do Elena, Froilan and Victoria visit Jaime often? Have Elena and Jaime separated? How's he doing on his treatments? It must be so stressful for the wee family..:(

If you read the text from Polfoto, you will see that the pic was taken in Madrid ;) He only was in NY for a couple of days.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Elena y su esposo, Don Jaime de Marichalar, junto a Pilar Oteiza, sobrina del escultor guipuzcoano Jorge Oteiza, durante la visita en Alzuza a la Casa-Taller del artista, que abrirá sus puertas mañana como parte del museo dedicado a su obra. Esta Casa-Taller fue la vivienda y lugar de trabajo de Oteiza desde 1975, cuando el artista fijó su residencia en Alzuza, hasta mediados de los años noventa. (Alzuza -Navarra-, 30 de octubre de 2003)

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Elena y su esposo, Don Jaime de Marichalar, asistieron al concierto inauguración del nuevo Palacio de Congresos y Auditorio de Navarra, que contó con la actuación de la soprano María Bayo, el barítono Iñaki Fresán, la Orquesta Pablo Sarasate y el Orfeón Pamplonés. (Palacio de Congresos. Pamplona, 30 de octubre de 2003)

Attachments

• navar31g.jpg
    navar31g.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 234
  • navar32g.jpg
    navar32g.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 217
Polfoto 03-11-2003. Madrid-Spain. November 03 2003. First public appearance of Prince Felipe de Borbon and his wife to be Letizia Ortiz at a concert of Mstislav Rostropovich held at the Teatro Real for Queen Sofia's birthday.

Attachments

• el_ja.jpg
    el_ja.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 206
samitude  Posted: Sep 29th, 2003 - 12:59 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Elena's hand? In all the recent pictures I have seen of her she has had her hand wrapped up.

Seeing its on the right hand, and assuming she is right handed, I wonder if ithe wrap is connected with "RSS" (repetitive stress syndrome, also known as carpal tunnel syndrome). Very common to people who do repeated movements, and an elastic wrap eases the pain without doing surgery.

paulette  Posted: Oct 6th, 2003 - 10:55 am

Between her and Princess Cristina, she dresses more fashionably because as what I have observed, Cristina's dresses have simple designs compared to hers. I really like her dresses.
Being new to the Spanish RF, I notice Cristina has a natural beauty which means (to me) that the simplest things look good on her.

Elena being more "salt of the earth" surprises me with her taste of - and success in wearing - complicated outfits. :) In this clothing success, she is similar to P'ss Alexandra of Dk.

These troubles and embarrassments of Elena's husband, Jaime de Marichalar, are they as a result of his cerebal problem ?

If so, it is testing time ... similar to relatives around a person who has Alzheimer's. I wish Elena every success in this, the most difficult of a time. By the way, I heard that this relationship was arranged by Juan Carlos, any truth to that ?

Was a reason given (officially) about the cause of the right wrist problem of Elena's ?

www.casareal.es - Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Elena y su esposo, Don Jaime de Marichalar, con el Primer Ministro de Bulgaria, Simeón Sajonia-Coburgo y su esposa, Margarita Gómez-Acebo, durante la inauguración de la exposición de pintura española con obras y fondos donados por artistas españoles en la Galería Nacional de Arte Extranjero en Sofía. La muestra consta de 41 obras de pintores contemporáneos de nuestro país, que enriquecerán los fondos de la pinacoteca búlgara. Posteriormente, los Duques de Lugo se desplazaron a la Embajada de España en Bulgaria, donde se celebró una cena oficial. Estas actividades se desarrollan en el marco del viaje de los Duques de Lugo a Bulgaria del 21 al 23 de noviembre.

(Galería Nacional de Arte Extranjero. Sofía -Bulgaria-, 21 de noviembre de 2003)

Attachments

• SP_1.jpg
    SP_1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 259
Polfoto 26-11-2003 - © QUEEN INTERNATIONAL REF: BO / EVA MADRID, 26-NOVEMBER-2003. INFANT ELENA OF SPAIN, OLDER DAUGHTER OF THE KING JUAN CARLOS OF SPAIN AND QUEEN SOFIA, AT THE CHARITY MARKET "EL RASTRILLO", THAT RAISES MONEY FOR THE FUNDATION "NUEVO FUTURO" WITH THE SALES OF THE ITEMS THAT ARE EXPOSED IN THE STALLS. THE GREAT DUCHESS MARIA OF RUSSIA ALSO WAS IN "EL RASTRILLO" AT THE SAME TIME THAN THE INFANT.

Attachments

• ch090395_guest.jpg
    ch090395_guest.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 218
  • ch090396_guest.jpg
    ch090396_guest.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 199
  • ch090390_guest.jpg
    ch090390_guest.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 264
  • ch090391_guest.jpg
    ch090391_guest.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 240
  • ch090392_guest.jpg
    ch090392_guest.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 197
Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa/PS 20009, Madrid, Spanien. Konferens med ALFONSO USSIA i Madrid som besöks av prinsessan Elenas man JAIME DE MARICHALAR.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa/PS 20009, Madrid, Spanien. Konferens med ALFONSO USSIA i Madrid som besöks av prinsessan Elenas man JAIME DE MARICHALAR.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa/AD 20009, Madrid, Spanien. Prinsessan Elena av Spanien besöker Madrids Jul loppmarknad idag

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa/AD 20009, Madrid, Spanien. Prinsessan Elena av Spanien besöker Madrids Jul loppmarknad idag

Attachments

• 27_Jaime_Konferens_3.jpg
    27_Jaime_Konferens_3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 27_Jaime_Konferens_1.jpg
    27_Jaime_Konferens_1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 27_Jaime_Konferens_2.jpg
    27_Jaime_Konferens_2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 27_Elena_Loppmarknad_1.jpg
    27_Elena_Loppmarknad_1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 179
  • 27_Elena_Loppmarknad_4.jpg
    27_Elena_Loppmarknad_4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 27_Elena_Loppmarknad_5.jpg
    27_Elena_Loppmarknad_5.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 27_Elena_Loppmarknad_2.jpg
    27_Elena_Loppmarknad_2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 279
  • 27_Elena_Loppmarknad_3.jpg
    27_Elena_Loppmarknad_3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 251
Caption:
390015 04: Infanta Elena holds her daughter Victoria at the International Jump Championship of Club de Campo Villa de Madrid May 31, 2001 in Madrid, Spain. Infanta Elena almost fell from her horse and therefore had to leave the competition. (Photo by Interactive Press/Getty Images) (AMERICAS SALES ONLY)

Attachments

• 1311497.jpg
    1311497.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 222
casareal
Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Elena presidió la Asamblea General del Comité Paralímpico Español, del que es Presidenta de Honor, celebrada en el Consejo Superior de Deportes. Allí se presentó la campaña de captación de patrocinadores para los Juegos Paralímpicos de Atenas 2004, con el lema "Toma el relevo: ahora te toca a ti". Además, se abordaron otros temas, como la supervisión del Plan de Preparación de los deportistas, los criterios de selección, y los presupuestos para el próximo año. (Consejo Superior de Deportes. Madrid, 16 de diciembre de 2003)

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 212
Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa/AD 20009, Madrid, Spanien. Queen Sofia attends grand children Christmas party. Spanish Queen Sofia went to Princess Elena and Jaime de Marichalars children party. The nursing school, where Froilan and Victoria Federica study, held a Christmas party and parents and grand parents and other family members were invated. This is the place were princess actually teaches english The children arived with their father and later the grandmothers, Queen Sofia and Contesse of Ripalda and their uncle Alvaro de Marichalar and cousin Maria Zurita attended. Grand party celebration for the children before the Holidays

Attachments

• 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 214
I guess that Infanta Helena must take of her eyebrow and
wear her hair on her shoulder.
It 'll make her prettier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom