Infanta Elena and Children, Current Events Part 10: March 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The king's grandson is okay right? And whats this of a reminder of the day..?
He appears to be all right. The Queen, after visiting her grandson in hospital, said he was fine and playing games when they left.
As for the reminder, back in 1956 King Juan Carlos accidentally shot dead his his 14-year-old younger brother Alfonso. The event left the royal family, especially the King, deeply traumatised.

According to BBC News, "Under Spanish law, children under 14 are not allowed to use firearms and questions have been raised as to whether the boy's parents will be held legally responsible for the accident."

Really we do not know which is the opinion of the infanta, if she agrees with that her ex husband teaches the boy to shoot or not. The infanta has emphasized that the child was with his father. Evidently she is not going to criticize the father of her children in front of the press, though their relation seems that it is not precisely good, after the divorce. Queen Sofía has the attitude that has always when there is a problem, smiles and tries to diminish the importance of the things.

Yes, Queen Sofia usually smiles all problems away, the damage controller of the SRF, but from the pictures we could see Elena was far from it. Only to say that the boy was with his father and not with her and that the father left (no united pictures out of care for their son) through the back door when Elena arrived says it all.

Relations are difficult between Elena & Jaime:
El accidente de Froiln abre an ms la brecha entre la infanta Elena y Jaime de Marichalar

Last edited:
I bet Infanta Elena was very upset over her son´s accident. She loves sports, but I´ve never seen anything linked to hunting as far as she is concerned.

Well, it seems that JC has quite a reputation within the family, commanding respect :cool:
Apparently Froilan said to the medical services that "grandpa will be very angry" and that his father didnt have anything to do with it, it was his own fault (thats kids logic, I guess).
Froilán: 'El abuelo se va a enfadar mucho'

While the official version of casa real said that Froilan was practising shooting, the Queen said the he was hunting.
La Reina contradice la versión oficial de La Zarzuela sobre el disparo que hirió a Froilán - elConfidencial.com

Last edited:
How awful. Talk about an 'annus horribilis' for the SRF. Glad the young man seems to be ok.

Shooting or Hunting...both of them aren't safe for kids...also they are not the proper activities a father should teach to his child...

Yes, Queen Sofia usually smiles all problems away, the damage controller of the SRF, but from the pictures we could see Elena was far from it. Only to say that the boy was with his father and not with her and that the father left (no united pictures out of care for their son) through the back door when Elena arrived says it all.

Relations are difficult between Elena & Jaime:
El accidente de Froiln abre an ms la brecha entre la infanta Elena y Jaime de Marichalar

How is Queen Sophia minimizing anything? Felipe IS fine and children DO heal quickly. What else should she have said to the press? Surely you don't think it would have been appropriate for her to have said anything against her grandson's father/his family in public?

What they're all saying to each other in private may well be an entirely different matter...

we really hope it is and that they don't minimize what happen...:ermm:

Shooting or Hunting...both of them aren't safe for kids...also they are not the proper activities a father should teach to his child...

Why should a father not teach his son how to shoot or hunt? Is he supposed to hire someone to teach his son?

Last edited:
Thanks to God that it was not as serious as it could have been. My best wishes for the total recovery of Froylan.

Well shooting or hunting aren't "natural " activities...you do hunting or shooting if you want to kill a animal do eat, and I don't think that was the case...otherwise killing animals just for fun doesn't seam a very good thing to teach...maybe teach him how to care for nature and for animals should be a thing to teach his son.:bang:

I can't quite tell from the Google translation what's going on here. Does this mean that they're keeping Felipe for another possible surgery?

Also, I was confused about the reports that he had his second toe removed. Are these just speculations that he has had this surgery already or predictions that he is going to have a toe removed? I get the sense that the news stories don't have many hard facts on his condition, but I can't tell from the translation if they're speculating out of thin air.

I can't quite tell from the Google translation what's going on here. Does this mean that they're keeping Felipe for another possible surgery?
The article just says the initial surgery went well and the doctors are very optimistic. Felipe Froilan will, however, remain in hospital for a couple of days to undergo the necessary antibiotics treatment, as well as a further corrective surgery, if needed (which, at this point, is unlikely).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom