Infanta Cristina and Family, Current Events Part 3: August - December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hola.com

Infanta Cristina, accompanied by the minister José Caldera, visited a centre for handicapped people in Salamanca.

Last edited by a moderator:
photo from terra.

Attachments

• 71f9eb386f375g.jpg
    71f9eb386f375g.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 71f9eb386a54fg.jpg
    71f9eb386a54fg.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/articulos.asp?idarticulo=37778

Urdangarín, after the candidacy of Coghen to the Olympian Spanish Committee

Elsemanaldigital.com

The dispute for the Presidency of the Olympian Spanish Committee has become inflamed: a candidate of the sector who has always dominated this organ, opposite to a man of the sport.
On September 14, 2005. Next September 29 the elections will be celebrated to choose the president of the Olympian Spanish Committee, charge that at present José Maria Echevarría occupies.
Two candidates aspire to replace him. On the one hand, the president of the Federation of Judo and of the Confederacy of Sports Federations, Alejandro Blanco, who is provided with 22 guarantees and the support of the sports world, as the connoisseurs of the process count.
Face, Mercedes Coghen, an ancient player of hockey, to whom it endorses the aristocratic sector that traditionally has controlled this committee. Between his supports there appears the husband of Infanta Mrs Cristina, Don Iñaki Urdangarín, vice-president of the COE in the last years. Pero Coghen also has I dress well of the number two of the Top Council of Sports, Rafael Blanco. His chief, Jaime Lissavetzky, is, at least seemingly, impartial.
Rafael Blanco, nevertheless, not only has chosen for one of the applicants, but it is doing campaign. And it has no hair in the language to label to ex-judoka of " candidate of the PP ".

http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=135967&pIndiceNoticia=25&pIdSeccion=19

Urdangarín invites the directors to participate in the project "Summit"

Levante-EMV, Valencia

The vice-president of the Spanish Olympic Committee and husband of infant Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín, met yesterday with the directors of the Universitat de València, Francisco Tomás, and with the one of the Polytechnical University, Juan Juliá.

Urdangarín, like president of the Institut Nóos, invited the directors to participate in the project "Valencia Summit". The meeting, in the seat of the Universitat, also they attended the councilman of the City council Juan academic Eduardo Santón, and other positions.

Valencia Summit is an international encounter in the university, enterprise scope and of public management, promoted by the City council and the Generalitat to debate sport events like opportunities for the development of the large cities.

http://www.marca.es/edicion/marca/otros_deportes/olimpismo/es/desarrollo/559667.html

Iñaki Urdangarín leaves Spanish Olimpic Comite (COE)

By GERALD RIQUELME · Madrid
Iñaki Urdangarín will let belong to the assembly of Comite' Spanish Oli'mpico (COE) in October, when the new president takes possession from the organism that governs the Olympic sport of this country, that will leave the voting of the 29 of September. The present vice-president first, the man who appeared in a beginning in all quinielas to be the successor of Jose Maria Echevarría to the front of the COE, will lose his condition of member when not appearing both in no of the positions chosen by candidates, although both maintained contacts with him to know which was going to be its position. "Now I will remain in the firing chamber", says Urdangarín, "but being always pending of the sport and ready to collaborate in all whatever it is requested to me is the task that is".

Urdangarín was chosen member of the COE the 4 of April of 2001, reason why its condition of member by election, valid for four years, already expired, and in January of 2004 it acceded to the vice-president position first, to proposal of Echevarría. "In the elections I have preferred to maintain me to the margin", confesses Urdangarín. "and until there is not a winner, I will hope. Soon, if he wants to have me, I will be enchanted to help them. Or for an precise, concrete subject, or to develop the activity that they consider ". That one would be, indeed, the only route possible to stay in the assembly del building of Arequipa, that the chosen president, or ten companies of the assembly, proposes to Urdangarín like member del Spanish Olympic Committee, something that, like minimum, will not be able to happen until March del next year, when the following meeting is held.

Good syntony with both
Urdangarín has maintained a good syntony with both candidates to the presidency Alexander Blanco and Mercedes Coghen, who have proposed to Luis Maria Cazorla and Jesus Guerrero, like substitutes of the Duke of Palm in the position of vice-president first of the COE, reason why its return to the sport organism would not have to involve many problems. "Everything what is to help the Spanish sport I likes", says to the ex- player of handball, a declaration that opens the doors so that the successor of Echevarría continues telling on Urdangarín, that next to Manel Estiarte they both seem more solid values to promote in the HAMMOCK being seen the requirements that protest in Lausana.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/indice.asp?id=1046&edicion=19/09/2005&pass=

Infanta Cristina looks tata
Paloma for Barrientos
On Monday, September 19, 2005

The dukes of Palm have remained without tata. This way, since they hear it; rather, since they read it. The real marriage had three girls of service. Two day pupils, one of tomorrow and other one for the evening, more a favorite. This is the one that has left the domicile Urdangarín-Borbón.
I do not know the requisites to be employed at house of Infanta Cristina, but I am for presenting the résumé. I like the children. I cook requetebién Mediterranean recipes and confectioner's, especially the cake of apple, the brownie and the fairy cakes, which of spongy that go out even listen to the burbujitas. The regular plate, but since the children are always dressed of ‘ wrinkle is beautiful ’ and big heights my incapability would not be evident. Even if I put myself, I am capable of doing him the most worth Italian bun to the Infanta and, if it is necessary, to tack the word of honor. In end, which I offer myself. In end, which I offer myself. My only snag is that not if it would be capable of pretending when the tita will come Mrs Letizia to see the children. Since it scolded me (to see My misunderstanding with the journalist Letizia) I am of him afraid than to the cloudy one. I am afraid that a palmetazo would happen if to the flowerpot of aloe he was lacking edge it waters down.
When they told me that up to the daughter of a reigning king - another thing would be in the exile - it had domestic problems I remained with the mouth more open than Daniela Cicarelli when he smiles. Certainly, her ex-of Ronaldo it will parade on Wednesday in the footbridge Gaudí. Almost equal of impressed or more on having seen the duke of Palm in the newly inaugurated television Balearic islander (IB3) answering to the questions of the journalist and writer Fernando Schwartz. Neither a fantastic interview for which Iñaki Urdangarín requested previous not even questionnaire, nor programme of the chat. There was a lunch with the writer and with the managers of The World Television (producer of the Schwartz*Co) in the restaurant Flanigan and nothing more. The interview was realized in ‘ falsely directly ’ two hours earlier. It was not an imposition, but technical questions. It overcame the proof of changing a nappy in thirty seconds, told that sometimes it does the dinner by means of omelettes and told that the Infanta wanted to return to his work in The Caixa as soon as possible. It does not surprise me professional longs for that one if the alternative is to spend the vacuum cleaner.
For my taste, the critique came when he told that it was “ that to fit to the script ” and through that the Infanta and he were living of his work. That thing about to be a son-in-law and daughter of the king of Spain is not to fit to any script, but to expire with obligations because that's why they have many privileges. As for the professional topic, to gain access to managing positions (COI), to be an owner of societies (the Infanta and Urdangarín are proprietors of a company of sports events as figure like that documented in the book The solitude of the King) and adviser of some others it is for being a son-in-law and not for his professional and sports trajectory.
Impeccable, but equal to that of hundreds of ordinary Spanyards who are not married with an Infanta. For the rest, the image that it gave was that of a good type.
Continuing with the topic sons-in-law, there is certain mosqueo on the part of some designers with the duke of Lugo. It turns out that it was in New York adorning the collection of Carolina Herrera and here, in Cibeles, either the hair, or the phasmina did not even see him. It did not also remain to support the parade of Custo. It seems that he was in the hurry to return to preside at an intimate dinner of 35 persons in the shop Vuitton, much next to his domicile. Everything is for giving polish and sheen to the quarter.

rchainho said:
The dukes of Palm have remained without tata.
Just a note to enlighten this odd translation:
"tata" is meant "nanny"... Infanta Cristina is looking for a new nanny for the children...

thanks elsa. :) I forgot to say that in the translation.

Some news...

Hello everybody! Now that my holidays are unlucky finished I can visit this site only the weekends, but well, here I am with some (awful) news about Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarín.

Pedro Serra, president of “Grupo Serra” has called Iñaki Urdangarín “passing reality show’s star” because of his participation in a TV Show some weeks ago. These are some of the unfortunate things he said about Iñaki:
(Source: El Mundo-El día.com)
-“When had a man of his position contributed with a coarse program?
-“This King’s son-in-law has said that his wife, his four children and him, make a simple, normal family in which the father and the mother are forced to work, because a numerous family is difficult to sustain”.
- About Iñaki’s humorous test, in which he had to change a baby doll’s diapers: “Undoubtedly, Urdangarín offered to do the demonstration in public, and that’s a backward step”.

On the other hand, Pedro Flaqué, who is the director of “Barcelona Fashion Week”, has showed his disappointment because of the fact that Infanta Cristina has never attended a Gaudí’s catwalk, “although she lives in the Catalan capital”.
(Source: El Semanal Digital)

:confused:

isabella_ said:
Pedro Serra, president of “Grupo Serra” has called Iñaki Urdangarín “passing reality show’s star” because of his participation in a TV Show some weeks ago.
Thanks for your post, Isabella!
Did you watch that TV show and, if so, what kind of program is this, a talk-show? What did actually happen there?

Elsa M. said:
Thanks for your post, Isabella!
Did you watch that TV show and, if so, what kind of program is this, a talk-show? What did actually happen there?

You're so welcome, Elsa! ;)

I didn't watch the show but some friends did, and they have told me that it was well-respectful and hilarious.

Iñaki talked about how was his life as a handball player like and he said fewer things about his family. Anyway he didn't reveal ‘transcendental’ things; he was very discrete and polite.
In addition, host Fernando Swachtz, as I said in a previous post, is a very respected and serious journalist in Spain, so it would be very odd if his show were some kind of vulgar or ill-mannered...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=283524&postcount=28

Last edited:
isabella_ said:
he was very discrete and polite.
In addition, host Fernando Swachtz, as I said in a previous post, is a very respected and serious journalist in Spain, so it would be very odd if his show were some kind of vulgar or ill-mannered...
I see. I can assume from your words that Iñaki participated in an interview, as a former handball player, and that Pedro Serra's problem is that he was given the elbow... he must be just green-eyed, because it was Swachtz and not him, who managed such an uncommon interview with the husband of Infanta Cristina...
(I wonder very much if Peñafiel would loose this opportunity to complain about Iñaki... I can almost hear his comments from here...)

For what I have read at some time, Pedro Serra is one of these persons who believes herself more importantly than is. Also he criticize Letizia during the visit to Balearics for a bilge. Besides, El Mundo and Serra's newspaper are faced, so you can to imagine.
Fernando Schwartz I believe that he is not a journalist, he worked diplomatic how, later he presented for 11 years a program of interviews very known in a national television (even he interviewed Letizia years before turning into Princess). Also he has written several novels.
If Iñaki decided to go to the program it is probably because Fernando is married with a cousin of the King, I believe that with Sandra Marone and because of it he is near to the family.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 481
Cristina is looking very smart & stylish these days, I love the jean and jacket combo. She looks great!

Urdangarín makes a parenthesis in his Olympic activity

urdangarin--200x210.jpg

Iñaki Urdangarín, present first vice-president of Spanish Olympic Commitee (COE), will tomorrow leave the organism in a goodbye that most of its colleagues considers provisional, because nobody discards in future to him like president or, at least, outstanding representative of the spanish olympics.

The good bye of present president Jose Maria Echevarría also entails the ones of trust, among them Undangarín, "number two" in the organizational chart of the COE.

But both candidates to the presidency in the elections of tomorrow, Alexander Blanco and Mercedes Coghen, agree in which Urdangarín, by its experience and its contacts, is a man of future in the COE, probably for important position.

El Duke of Palm arrived at the COE in 2001 in quality of "sportsman in active", although he had retired of handball after the Games of Sydney. The rules of the COE allow to consider ' active' to whatever has participated in one of two last editions of the Games.

Urdangarín had disputed in Barcelona, Atlanta and Sydney, with bronze medal in both last. He conquered during his sport race 53 trophies, among them ten Ligas, seven Trophew of the King and nine Supercopas of Spain, all with Barcelona.

When in 2004 Santiago Fisas left to the government of the Community of Madrid left vacant the first vice-presidency of the COE, Echevarría affirmed that nobody best than Urdangarín to fill the place.

"He will be helpful in the international scene and in the relations with national institutions and the sponsors, as well as in contact with the sportsmen", affirmed Echevarría. His proposal was approved unanimously in assembly .
He considered then that the appointment, opened to Urdangarín the doors of the presidency of the COE, in 2005 or in 2009.

But retired Olympics' Federations had been protesting for more power to the Committee and, after obtaining a change of statutes that reinforced its majority, agreed themselves to choose a candidate of consensus in the person of Blanco Alexander, president of Judo.

But the consensus was'nt total and arose the rival candidacy of Mercedes Coghen, vice-president of Hockey, but, in any case, the federal world had the situation controlled and any other aspiring would have lost.

Urdangarín considered that it was not the moment for presenting/displaying its candidacy to the presidency of the COE. Nor Blanco or Coghen included him in their list of collaborator, reason why, at least for the moment, tomorrow it will end his collaboration with Spanish Olympics.

Coghen has already announced that, if he gains the elections, in the next ordinary assembly he will propose the return of Urdangarín to the COE " due to his experience, his contacts and his love for sport".
Also Blanco thinks that COE must continue having him and thinks that someday he will be the optimal candidate for president.

Undangarín would also be an excelent member of the COI (International Olympic Commitee) by his condition of Olympic medallista, his formation and his youth, in the line of which the international organism looks for at the moment.

(from ABC.es)

...sOfIa.... said:
So is Cristina back at work after maternity leave?

Yes she has returned to the work. The fall for maternity in Spain is 16 weeks.

Thanks for the pics, pdas1201!;)

By the way, Infanta Cristina will preside the act of delivery of computer science’s prizes in the 'The life is a change, the change is a life' program, which been developed in the Benefit society of the Foundation 'La Caixa' in collaboration with the insular “consells” of Balearics. The act will take place in Palma tomorrow.

http://actualidad.terra.es/sociedad/articulo/infanta_cristina_caixa_514491.htm

The act of delivery of a few diplomas the major ones that have followed a few courses of new technologies of the Foundation ' The Caixa ', that the Infanta Cristina came, converted this evening into an honoring to the Third Age.
In it, both politicians and persons in charge of the financial institution emphasized the important labor of the group in the progress.
Besides the Duchess of Palm, who represented as director of the social area of the Foundation ' The Caixa ', at the act there were present the president of Balearics, Jaume Matas; the chairwoman of the Consell of Majorca, Maria Antonia Munar, and the general manager of the mentioned Foundation, Josep Conrado i Villalonga.
(...)
In her intervention, dona Cristina assured that, for the Social Work of the entity, the major persons constitute a group of ' prior attention ', since she understands that after their labour life they have to continue having ' an active and full role ', reaching they ' to know and experience to the society '.
' It is not a question of reaching years to the life, but life a years, to transmitting these values to the new generations ', was added by her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The act does not appear in the web page of the Royal House, seems that it was not an official act, but it was an act that forms a part of her work in the Caixa.

Infanta Cristina looks fantastic :)

It is nice to see that Cristina and her husband actually work for a living.

Here some pics from the act in Palma. ;) (From Última Hora and Mallorca Diario)

Attachments

• cristina-caixa-t.jpg
    cristina-caixa-t.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 189
  • ehsql.jpg
    ehsql.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 259
Cristina has definitely recovered her shape from before the pregnancy. She's astonishing!
Another photo at her arrival to the diplomas ceremony today in Mallorca. From Terra:

Attachments

• 71f9f0d4cd8f4g.jpg
    71f9f0d4cd8f4g.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 252
From nescom:

Attachments

• gamma232814.jpg
    gamma232814.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 297
  • gamma232815.jpg
    gamma232815.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 270
  • gamma232816.jpg
    gamma232816.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 400
  • gamma232817.jpg
    gamma232817.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 258
  • gamma232818.jpg
    gamma232818.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 322
  • gamma232819.jpg
    gamma232819.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 475
  • gamma232820.jpg
    gamma232820.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 243
  • gamma232821.jpg
    gamma232821.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 298
  • gamma232822.jpg
    gamma232822.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 442
  • gamma232823.jpg
    gamma232823.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 238
lula said:
From nescom:

Thanks lula for the pictures!

Was it pyjama day at school for Pablo and Miguel? Is that why the boys are in their pyjamas?! Cute slippers on Miguel though! :p

Thanks for the pictures.
they are very cutie!!!!!:) :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom