The Bonaparte Imperial Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Alix Napoleon handed out the prize of the 'Second Empire-Fondation Napoléon' to author Gabriel Badea-Paun for his book 'Le style Second Empire. Architecture, décors et art de vivre' Also present were the prince of Essling and the countess Walewsky. This happened in the palace of the legion d'honeur in Paris.

Countess Walewsky? A descendant of Napoleon and Maria Walewska?
Didn't that family die out in the male line years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Countess Walewsky? A descendant of Napoleon and Maria Walewska?
Didn't that family die out in the male line years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Napoleon and Maria's son adopted his own illegitimate son and has many descendants through him. He had a son by his second wife who didn't have any children and I'm not sure if his son by his first wife has descendants. The title definitely still exists.

This is a family website. It's in French but there is a family tree in one section.

http://www.walewski.org/accueil.htm

Edited to add: Looks like you can click over to English on some pages.

Last edited:
I was wondering, are all members of house Murat ranked as His/Her Highness or are they, aside from the head and heir, Serene Highnesses?

According to Burke's Royal Families of the World: Volume 1 Europe & Latin America, all are Highnesses:

The head of the family is styled 8th Prince Murat (numbering from King Joachim); the other members of the family bear the title of PRINCE (or PRINCESS) before their christian names and have the qualification of Highness (granted by Emperor Napoleon III 1853)​

Burke's Royal Families of the World: Volume 1 Europe & Latin America. London: Burke's Peerage, 1977: 120.​

Prince Charles Napoleon visited the exhibition 'Alexander, Napoleon and Josephine, a story of friendship, war and art from the Hermitage'. The exhibition takes place in the Amsterdam affiliate of the Russian Hermitage.

After the exhibition, the prince visited the Amsterdam Museum. It was formerly the Amsterdam Historic Museum, though some marketing person probably forced the museum to drop the 'historic' from the name. Maybe they will change it to 'Amsterdam Experience' soon :ermm:. Anyway, I digress...
In the museum he saw the painting ' the entry of Napoleon in Amsterdam'.

The prince is the chairman of the European federation of Napoleontic cities. Amsterdam was one of the three capitals of Napoleon's empire.

A photo of the prince: http://www.hermitage.nl/media/img/beeld/alexander_napoleon/img_prince_charles_bonapart.jpg

website of the museum: Hermitage Amsterdam

Napoleon in Amsterdam: Hart Amsterdam Museum - De Intocht van Napoleon te Amsterdam voor en na de restauratie

Princess Alix Napoleon was promoted from a knight to an officer in the Legion d'Honneur.

La princesse Napoléon élevée au grade d’officier de la légion d’Honneur

She received the order from general Georgelin, the grand chancellor of the order.

On May 5th prince Jean Christophe Napoleon, his grand mother Alix and his mother Beatrice of the Two Sicilies attended a mass in the church of Saint Louis des Invalides in Paris to commemorate emperor Napoleon. The prince was accompanied by former French president Valéry Giscard d’Estaing.

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/2015/05/le-prince-napoleon-a-lhommage-a-napoleon-i/

Last edited:
I was curious how does Prince Charles Napoleon's younger daughters (Sophie and Anh) look like, so I googled them and I found the website which claim (from 2014) that Anh Laetitia Napoleon has died :ermm:
Does anyone know if that's true? Because she should be 17 right now and I'm quite worried :nonono:

This is the site where I found this shocking news: Anh Napoléon (deceased) - Genealogy
It's in polish but the black ribbon on the photo speaks for itself.

Last edited:
I was curious how does Prince Charles Napoleon's younger daughters (Sophie and Anh) look like, so I googled them and I found the website which claim (from 2014) that Anh Laetitia Napoleon has died :ermm:
Does anyone know if that's true? Because she should be 17 right now and I'm quite worried :nonono:

This is the site where I found this shocking news: Anh Napoléon (deceased) - Genealogy
It's in polish but the black ribbon on the photo says for itself.
http://www.geni.com/people/Anh-Napoléon/300549173820008943

Hi Bonnie Blue Butler,

That site is incorrect, as per a private source I just checked, Anh Napoléon is very much alive.

On that note, one must say, all of the children of Charles Napoléon are quite good looking.

Yesterday, HIH the Princess Napoléon celebrated her 90th birthday.

She was born Alix de Foresta on 4 April 1926 at Marseilles as the daughter of Count Albéric de Foresta and Geneviève Frédet.

Princess Alix wed Louis, Prince Napoléon in 1949; the couple were married until the death of the Prince in 1997.

Les 90 ans de la princesse Napoléon - Noblesse & Royautés

Marriage of Caroline and Francesco Macdonald

Caroline Bonaparte (1782-1839), who married Joachim Murat first, had a second marriage to general Francesco Macdonald (1777-1837). It took place in 1830 in the Italian city of Florence.
Does anyone know the exact date?

Back
Top Bottom