Prince Jean Christophe Napoléon and Princess Olympia and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't even imagine leaving a opal in the car let alone a ring of that value! What were they thinking? And on top of that her computer and identity papers. Am I the only one who thinks that the whole situation is strange? They are intelligent people and should know better. It's Paris not a small village!

I can't even imagine leaving a opal in the car let alone a ring of that value! What were they thinking? And on top of that her computer and identity papers. Am I the only one who thinks that the whole situation is strange? They are intelligent people and should know better. It's Paris not a small village!

Most likely scenarion would be that she was running errands and just left her bag in the car for a short period of time but short periods of time can be sufficient for someone to break into a car.

Not that long ago princess Astrid's bag was stolen from her car in Paris as well.

PrincessAstrid was in her car at the time I believe, not that that makes it worse or better. I guess we've probably all left things in our cars that others might think are risky/too valuable. When they are yours and you have them all day every day you get a little more relaxed with them.

Sadly there are a lot of jewelry thefts the latest time. I feel for Countess Olympia. Gosh. The scum whom took away her bag will not have believed their own eyes finding a 40 carat diamond in it.. I hope the Prince is insured. But the historic diamond will never return.

They recovered it and the guy who stole it is in custody. Apparently it only took him minutes which as bad as theft was is very impressive. Makes me wonder if he was targeting them in particular because if he wasn't and had been a little bit smarter he could've gotten away with so much. He picked a car and it was the mother load.
I just hope the Bonapartes learn to always keep an eagle's eye on their possessions and maybe put the ring in a safe?

They recovered it and the guy who stole it is in custody. Apparently it only took him minutes which as bad as theft was is very impressive. Makes me wonder if he was targeting them in particular because if he wasn't and had been a little bit smarter he could've gotten away with so much. He picked a car and it was the mother load.
I just hope the Bonapartes learn to always keep an eagle's eye on their possessions and maybe put the ring in a safe?

I am happy the diamond has been recovered. But putting rings in a safe: you mean when it is not worn?

The Bourbon-Parmas had a fabulous diadem stolen while it was in depôt at a Notary in Paris. Sadly it was stolen as well. And we recently had a heist at the Ritz Hotel in Paris where millions worth of jewelry was stolen. And of course the heist of Ms Kardashian's jewels is also fresh in our memories. All three examples of thefts in which jewels were considered safe.

But I am happy that Countess Olympia can wear the sparkling diamond again.

Yes there is always a chance jewels will be stolen, even from safes, museums and often secure locations. But less of a chance then when you leave the ring in a bag in your car. Surely if she isn't wearing her ring, she will make sure it is some where with at least presumed security, more then a car.

I am happy the diamond has been recovered. But putting rings in a safe: you mean when it is not worn?

The Bourbon-Parmas had a fabulous diadem stolen while it was in depôt at a Notary in Paris. Sadly it was stolen as well. And we recently had a heist at the Ritz Hotel in Paris where millions worth of jewelry was stolen. And of course the heist of Ms Kardashian's jewels is also fresh in our memories. All three examples of thefts in which jewels were considered safe.

But I am happy that Countess Olympia can wear the sparkling diamond again.

True, but I was thinking more on the lines of a safe in their house or better yet hidden place in their house in a clever way. I wouldn't wear the ring. You'd be surprised the lengths people will go to to get a diamond ring much less a 40 carat one. Ladies have lost fingers or worse their lives. With more news exposure over the value of the ring more people will be inclined to look into them and what they can take. Lord I think about security too much

Very impressive to hear that they found the ring so quickly, normally things of such value are hard to recover. I hope this teaches Olympia a lesson - always take care of valuable items!

A Diamond Ring set with 40 carat diamond, coming from Empress Eugenie, has been stolen from the car of Prince Jean Christophe Napoleon fiancee, Countess Olympia von Arco-Zinneberg on 1 April

History of Famous Jewels and Collections: A Bonaparte diamond stolen in Paris

http://www.leparisien.fr/faits-dive...n-vol-de-bague-a-paris-05-04-2019-8047248.php

I am curious about the source of your report that the ring was stolen from Olympia's car... a report that then gave way to several people criticising her carelessness rather severely. By contrast, Marlene Koenig - who tends to get her facts right - reports that it was in fact her fiancé who left the jewel (plus computer plus identification cards) in an unlocked Mercedes.

Royal Musings: Olympia has her ring back

Not that it's a matter of blame, mind you; it's something that could easily happen to any of us in one of the moments of carelessness that we all have. I mention it only because women are so often the first to judge and condemn other women... and it's a tendency that's worth watching and guarding against.

:previous: Yes the report I read said the bag was in his car. Question, was he aware his fiancé left her engagement ring in the bag, when he didn't take the bag from the car? Most women wouldn't leave an expensive ring in their briefcase. He may not have realized what he was leaving when he got out.

Well anyways, thankfully the ring is back where it belongs.

I am curious about the source of your report that the ring was stolen from Olympia's car... a report that then gave way to several people criticising her carelessness rather severely. By contrast, Marlene Koenig - who tends to get her facts right - reports that it was in fact her fiancé who left the jewel (plus computer plus identification cards) in an unlocked Mercedes.

Not that it's a matter of blame, mind you; it's something that could easily happen to any of us in one of the moments of carelessness that we all have. I mention it only because women are so often the first to judge and condemn other women... and it's a tendency that's worth watching and guarding against.

The April 5 Le Parisien report which eya summarized and the April 6 Le Parisien report which Marlene Koenig summarized both give the French judicial authorities as their sources. The report posted by eya is attributed to Jérémie Pham-Lê and Vincent Gautronneau and the report posted by Marlene Koenig is attributed to Geoffroy Tomasovitch and Jean-Michel Décugis.

My understanding is that eya and Mrs. Koenig were both sharing what Le Parisien stated in its reports, not carrying out their own research into the facts of the incident.

The second article and Mrs. Koenig's summary of it say that both Jean-Christophe and Olympia were in the car prior to the theft.

They found the royal jewel back , that is the most important !

I wonder who wore this Ring before Princess Clementine Napoléon , Princess Alix Napoleon , the Dowager still alive ?

They found the royal jewel back , that is the most important !

I wonder who wore this Ring before Princess Clementine Napoléon , Princess Alix Napoleon , the Dowager still alive ?
Yes, Princess Alix is still alive. I do hope that we get to see both her and Archduchess Margherita at the wedding.

Regarding the ring I have no idea. Such a statement piece would be instantly noticeable if seen today. I guess it came in to the family at the death of Empress Eugenie when Prince Victor, great-grandfather of Prince Jean Christophe, as heir to the Prince Imperial inherited a part of her fortune.
Correction: I just saw that you've written the same thing as I did above on the RJMB

Last edited:
Yes, Princess Alix is still alive. I do hope that we get to see both her and Archduchess Margherita at the wedding.

Actuallay i ferar we won't see Archduchess Margherita at the wedding as she didn't attend the wedding of Olimpia's sister Anna Theresia last September.

Actuallay i ferar we won't see Archduchess Margherita at the wedding as she didn't attend the wedding of Olimpia's sister Anna Theresia last September.
Yes, I know she wasn't there, but I still hope for her to attend this one.

To me, just a suggestion. Prince Louis Napoleon did not like his Son Charles and never gave the ring to his wife Princess Beatrice de Bourbon des Deux Siciles because he knew they would divorce what they did.
Prince Jean Christophe was his Heir when He passed away and had de support af his grand mother , Princess Napoleon , born Alix de Foresta.

Corrections of Vincent Meylan
The doors of their car were closed.
the Ring never belonged to Empress Eugenie but to the Imperial Family.
The Ring has not 40 carats
To see in the next point de Vue or Vincent's Instagram later.

Amazing that the ring was found so quickly. I had presumed that was one that wouldn't have turned up again.

I don't think it's exactly fair to say that everyone here is judging Olympia; I know that if it had been Jean-Christophe who had left the ring in his bag, I would've had the same reaction. It's a bit of a silly thing to leave in an unlocked car from anyone of any gender.

Thanks for the tip Maria Olivia. I'll keep my eyes open for Vincent's post.

The jewels didn't come from Eugenie's crown and it's not 40 carats?
Interesting that news sources in Germany, England, France, Spain, UK, Brazil, USA, and Egypt are reporting it as such. Kind of scary too how everything can be misconstrued. Value of the ring is also reported as being between 1 to 1.7 million euros.

Whole lot of trouble. Still surprised that it was Egyptian man. The hotel staff reported the man as being tall, charming, and appearing to be northern European. I guess he could be it, but it seems like a stretch. Maybe there were two thieves? I'm surprised that he stole from a car that the hotel's security cameras didn't have a view of too.

He was alone , he bought sushies and booked a 3 night stay in a hotel with the stolen creditcard !!!!.

Save the Date!

Prince Jean Christophe, in an interview in Le Figaro say that he and Countess Olympia Arco will get married on 19 October, at the Cathedrale Saint-Louis des Invalides in Paris.

Jean-Christophe Napoléon Bonaparte, un prince dans son temps*

Prince Jean-Christophe with his fiancee Countess Olympia Arco, his mother Princess Beatrice of Bourbon-Two Sicilies and his uncle Duke of Castro ,paid tribute marked the 198th Anniversary of Passing of Emperor Napoleon I on 5 May at the National Residence of the Invalids in Paris, France.

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=397faa72831794f549f1d80cc0b99c05&oe=5D759EC2
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=8f70a381532d91e3aecb062bba43b006&oe=5D673A0E
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=f75e344c6bc8e6d3e1e7ac17a11fff4c&oe=5D753E86
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=98a7bb37aee1b8a826baa1d34aa0ae39&oe=5D2C8FD0
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=af73f61aac68181e44332fa7644dc317&oe=5D71797A
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=625997cc44d546e89b13347a7c946c15&oe=5D56A7E6

New picture from the couple from the interview they gave in Point de Vue

https://instagram.fskg1-1.fna.fbcdn..._n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fskg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxfKXEEIUjH/

Prince Jean-Christophe with his fiancee Countess Olympia Arco, his uncle Duke of Castro and Prince Charles-Henri Lobkowicz , On the way with train to celebrate Moët Impérial 150th anniversary.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx2SiL0ihFs/

Last edited by a moderator:
The Countess Olympia being a descendant of both the last Emperor of Austria and the last King of Bavaria, it is a fine match indeed...

The Countess Olympia being a descendant of both the last Emperor of Austria and the last King of Bavaria, it is a fine match indeed...
Another marriage between descendants of King Louis Philippe and Queen Marie Amelie.

A VERY prestigious and napoleonic place to get married i must say ...
It's very fitting from a dynastic and symbolic point of view and also a bit surprising. I'd imagined that the couple would have chosen somewhere a bit more discreet.

It's very fitting from a dynastic and symbolic point of view and also a bit surprising. I'd imagined that the couple would have chosen somewhere a bit more discreet.

I'm suprised too. Royal (and in that case Imperial) marriages are generaly set outside Paris.
For the Invalides the Republican authorities had their word to say. So apparently they are fine with it, enlightening the somewhat special status of the Bonapartes in France (and the respect attached to them, or at least to their history).
Interesting ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom