Prince Jean Christophe Napoléon and Princess Olympia and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did not know that about the husbands of Catherine and Laure. I really hope they are doing well. Even if tension remains between Charles and Alix, I'm glad that JC and his father have long since reconciled.
LeMonde said that Charles sometimes leads tours through the 70? cities were Napoleon went through and left a mark. Sounds like an awesome vacation. I also plan to visit France for the Bicentenary of Napoelon's death. Does anyone know if France will plan anything on a grand scale in honor of the event?

Does JC spend time with his father's family? Is he close with the 2? sisters on that side?

I would love to be on such a tour! will appreciate any information on it :flowers:

There is also an uncle Jérôme, youngest son of Alix, who married Licia Innocenti in 2013

There is also an uncle Jérôme, youngest son of Alix, who married Licia Innocenti in 2013

That's the one who is a librarian at Geneva University and his wife works somewhere in a bank or some sort of executive, right?

What does Charles' current wife do?

All this legacy of Napoleon (overwhelmingly negative for most of Europe) must be a really hard thing to live with I think. Not many remember anything positive Napoleon did.

Last edited:
That's the one who is a librarian at Geneva University and his wife works somewhere in a bank or some sort of executive, right?

What does Charles' current wife do?

All this legacy of Napoleon (overwhelmingly negative for most of Europe) must be a really hard thing to live with I think. Not many remember anything positive Napoleon did.

Napoleon is still seen as a great figure in France, with countless exhibitions, lectures, books about him, his court etc. He's seen as the father of modern France, not less.
The general public is fascinated by the Empire (1st and 2nd). Last week the castle of Fontainebleau reopened with great fanfare a museum dedicated to Napoleon (mainly visited by ... Russians !).
So the Napoléons are highly respected and i can assure you that they maintain the legagy with pride and panache (especially the Princess).

Yes! Totally agree! She is so regal, I can hardly name any reigning royals who are!

I don't know either. I think last year they were still together at some functions?

Wonder what's to hate about that? Divorces happen and it's not just one person's fault. Is it because she doesn't belong to the nobility?

That's interesting indeed that Princess Beatrice attends such events but she's the mother of the head of the house who works abroad and seems to be building a career so quite busy. But strange that the other members don't participate.

I think the break with the divorce was because Charles didn't ask for his father's permission to divorce or remarry. According to some imperial rule if a member of the imperial family wants a divorce or another marriage s/he must ask for permission from the head of the imperial family.

As for JC and Olympia those functions were in 2016. Time flies by doesn't it?
I don't know if JC visits any of his father's cousins either.
I would give you more info on the Napoleon tour, but the moderator won't let me.

I think the break with the divorce was because Charles didn't ask for his father's permission to divorce or remarry. According to some imperial rule if a member of the imperial family wants a divorce or another marriage s/he must ask for permission from the head of the imperial family.

As for JC and Olympia those functions were in 2016. Time flies by doesn't it?
I don't know if JC visits any of his father's cousins either.
I would give you more info on the Napoleon tour, but the moderator won't let me.

Understand it now about the permission issue, thanks!

I think I saw a picture circulating on the internet of JC and Olympia on a holiday together somewhere in Latin America last year - I might be wrong though. I checked their linkedin pages (I am ashamed of myself) and she's based in NY and he is in London. Distance may be a problem... or maybe they grew out of that relationship and are happy with other people now. Time will show.

I will try to find information on that tour, thank you for the tip!

Jean-Christophe girlfriend

Hello
A couple of days ago I found this pictures of prince Napoleon on which it seems to be with countess Olympia Arco. Those where taken this year in May 5th 2018. Does anyone know if they still been a couple?? (I’m referring about the woman in white and black coat)

Attachments

• E18B2126-2061-4758-B14F-80F1AC18E8FB.jpeg
    E18B2126-2061-4758-B14F-80F1AC18E8FB.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 724
  • 37E8A3D0-8A27-4CF9-A4B4-2A8FF2696069.jpeg
    37E8A3D0-8A27-4CF9-A4B4-2A8FF2696069.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 742
  • 09473F10-F975-49B4-937B-9C5877ACA8CE.jpeg
    09473F10-F975-49B4-937B-9C5877ACA8CE.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 489
  • E0753391-BBFB-4312-B8D4-92BE3E48D055.jpeg
    E0753391-BBFB-4312-B8D4-92BE3E48D055.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 896
Hello
A couple of days ago I found this pictures of prince Napoleon on which it seems to be with countess Olympia Arco. Those where taken this year in May 5th 2018. Does anyone know if they still been a couple?? (I’m referring about the woman in white and black coat)
The pair has been a couple since at least 2011 so I guess that if they're pictured together just a few weeks ago it means that they're still together.

Thanks for the photos!
It is interesting to see Prince Napoleon undertaking public engagements and learn new information about Prince Jean-Christophe's private life.

Thank you so much!
I really like Olympia, but had no idea she is dating Jean

If it's true, congrats to them!

The first time Marlene wondered if an engagement was coming was in 2014, but 5 years later it did. let's hope we will see some photos of the wedding as the guestlist will surely be interesting considering the couple's connections to the Two-Sicilies, Habsburgs, Savoy's etc.

Great ness but i woner why such engagements are not annouced via a Press Release instead of a Blogger.

The first time Marlene wondered if an engagement was coming was in 2014, but 5 years later it did. let's hope we will see some photos of the wedding as the guestlist will surely be interesting considering the couple's connections to the Two-Sicilies, Habsburgs, Savoy's etc.
Actually Marlene wrote the first time about them in 2011. So there are at last 7-8 years together.

Congratulations to the couple!:flowers:
Hopefully we shall see photos of the wedding.

It always surprises me how many of the former royals wed with aristocracy and each other. While the reigning royals now marry commoners. I guess it has more to do with the circles they move in.

I'd expect there to be photos of the wedding. We had photos of the wedding of Olympia's older sister Anna-Theresa. While Anna-Theresa as the oldest daughter is her father's heir to the family estate (five daughters, no sons) she married a commoner so not the interest of marrying a Napoleon.

http://royalwatcherblog.com/2018/09/29/wedding-of-countess-anna-theresa-von-und-zu-arco-zinneberg/

Will the couple follow the tradition of marrying at the bride's home? Her sister held her reception at Schloss Moos, their family castle, after the ceremony at the cathedral.

https://translate.google.com/transl.../wiki/Schloss_Moos_(Niederbayern)&prev=search

Schloss Moos is an interesting home, in that the castle didn't remain in the male line. And will be inherited by Anna-Theresa one day. It has only belonged to the Arco-Zinneberg family since the 1940's. Olympia's grandmother Theresia Countess of Preysing-Lichtenegg-Moos inherited the castle when her brother died unmarried. When Riprand dies, it will once again be inherited by a daughter, and move to another family name.

Do the Napoleons have a tiara the bride can wear? Olympia's sister had to borrow a tiara for her wedding. Her Uncle Archduke Lorenz loaned her the Savoy-Aosta tiara to wear.

Beyond those she was related to, other royals at the wedding of Olympia's sister were a few from Lichtenstein and Luxembourg. I'd expect more considering the groom at this wedding.

Last edited:
I think it will depenmd on waht Wedding they want but mot likely we will get pics from it when it takes place. However when jean Christophe's sister married a fewe years ago it was complett privat and no pics have appeared of it. Will also be interesting where they will marry. The parents of Jean Christophie married only in a civil ceremony not religious and therefore it was no big Wedding.

His wedding will probably be "bigger" than that of his sister he is the Current Head of the House Napoleon (and marrying a noble woman, daughter of the Archduchess of Austria).

Do the Napoleons have a tiara the bride can wear? Olympia's sister had to borrow a tiara for her wedding. Her Uncle Archduke Lorenz loaned her the Savoy-Aosta tiara and the Empress Elizabeth diamond stars to wear for hers.
If I can recall it correctly the stars came from the Arco-Zinneberg family and wasn't a loan from Uncle Lorentz

I think it will depenmd on waht Wedding they want but mot likely we will get pics from it when it takes place. The parents of Jean Christophie married only in a civil ceremony not religious and therefore it was no big Wedding.

Jean Christophe's grandmother used to wear a convertible necklace as a tiara during her marriage, but it hasn't been seen for many years.
Stefan wasn't there a discussion about Princess Alix jewellery on Twitter or RJMB some time ago?

Although Princess Caroline made the choice to have a completely private wedding and in spite of the fact that JC doesn't seem to want a big wedding to make a political statement I do expect a big semi-public wedding given that the couple doesn't seem shy to appear in public and neither does their respective families. I wonder if his dad will come?

If I can recall it correctly the stars came from the Arco-Zinneberg family and wasn't a loan from Uncle Lorentz

Yes it was said that the stars come from the Arco-Zinneberg-Family. Therewhere given by Empress Siss's daugfhter Gisela to Princess Gundelinde of Bavaria when she married the Count Johann Georg of Preyseing-Lichtenegg-Moos. They where the maternal grandparents of Count Riprand.
Countess Marie Beratrice of Arco-Zinneberg wore a huge diamond and ruby tiara with necklace at the luxemburgian pre-Wedding Gala in 2012 which apparently belongs to the Arco-Zinneberg Family.

Last edited:
Yes it was said that the stars come from the Arco-Zinneberg-Family. Therewhere given by Empress Siss's daugfhter Gisela to Princess Gundelinde of Bavaria when she married the Count Johann GEorg of Preyseing-Lichtenegg-Moos. They where the maternal grandparents of Count Riprand.
Countess marie Beratrice of Arco-Zinneberg wore a huge diamond and ruby tiara with necklace at the luxembrugian pre-Wedding Gala in 2012 which apparently belongs to the Arco-Zinneberg Family.
The source for the facts about the stars was Vincent Meylan and if anyone is a reliable source it's him

The source for the facts about the stars was Vincent Meylan and if anyone is a reliable source it's him

Yes i forgt to mention that and he said he got the Info from Countess Maria Beatrice. So it can't be more reliable.
Perhaps the could put the stars on a little frame so they could be used as a Wedding tiara.

Yes i forgt to mention that and he said he got the Info from Countess Maria Beatrice. So it can't be more reliable.
Perhaps the could put the stars on a little frame so they could be used as a Wedding tiara.
Do you know what happened to the jewels Princess Alix used to wear? There was a sapphire necklace/tiara and I think some other jewellery from the Bonapartes?

The Napoleon Family owns jewels from Princess Clementine de Belgique, King Leopold II's daughter.

Congratulations to Prince Jean Christophe and Olympia!
Did Princess Marie Clothilde of Savoy bring any tiaras into the Bonaparte family when she married Prince Napoleon Joseph?

Possibly one of the bridesmaids will be Elvire de Querenet de Breville, Jean-Christophe's niece.

Congratulations to Prince Jean Christophe and Olympia!
Did Princess Marie Clothilde of Savoy bring any tiaras into the Bonaparte family when she married Prince Napoleon Joseph?
She brought at least a substantial diamond necklace if I remember correctly that was worn quite a lot by Princess Alix

Back
Top Bottom