Napoléon Louis Bonaparte, King of Holland (1804-1831) and Charlotte Bonaparte

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
Napoléon-Louis Bonaparte (11 October 1804 – 17 March 1831) was King of Holland for less than two weeks in July 1810 as Louis II (Dutch: Lodewijk II). He was a son of Louis Bonaparte (King Louis I) and Queen Hortense. His father was the younger brother of Napoleon I of France who ruled the Napoleonic Kingdom of Holland from 1806 to 1810. His mother was the daughter of Josephine de Beauharnais, Napoleon's first wife. His younger brother, Louis-Napoléon, became Emperor of the French in 1852 as Napoleon III.
More information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoléon_Louis_Bonaparte

King of Holland:
Reign: 1 July 1810 – 13 July 1810
Predecessor: Louis I

Grand Duke of Berg and Cleves:
Reign: 3 March 1809 – 1 December 1813
Predecessor: Joachim I
Regent: Napoleon

Born: 11 October 1804
Paris, First French Empire
Died: 17 March 1831 (aged 26)
Forlì, Papal States
Burial: Saint-Leu-la-Forêt
Spouse: Charlotte Bonaparte
House: Bonaparte
Father: Louis I of Holland
Mother: Hortense de Beauharnais

Charlotte Napoléone Bonaparte
Charlotte Napoléone Bonaparte (31 October 1802 – 2 March 1839) was the daughter of Joseph Bonaparte, the older brother of Emperor Napoleon I, and Julie Clary. She was active as an artist.

Born: 31 October 1802
Paris, France
Died: 2 March 1839 (aged 36)
Sarzana, Sardinia
Burial: Basilica of Santa Croce, Florence
Spouse Napoléon Louis Bonaparte
​(m. 1826; died 1831)​
Names:
Charlotte Napoléone Bonaparte
House: Bonaparte
Father: Joseph Bonaparte
Mother: Julie Clary

Last edited:
In October 1804 Hortense gave birth to her second son. The Pope, who was in Paris for the coronation of Napoleon as Emperor, christened the child Napoleon Louis.

Furniture (cabinets, table and chairs, made for Louis-Napoléon and Hortense) in the Royal Palace Amsterdam. Nowadays this is part of one of the guests appartments. Picture.

Furniture (bed, table, chairs, cabinet made for Louis-Napoléon and Hortense) in the Royal Palace Amsterdam, now this is a bedchamber in one of the guests appartments. Picture.

The Royal Palace Amsterdam has the largest collection of complete sets of Empire ameublement, including clocks, chandeliers, candelabras, outside France. This was a remnant of Louis-Naopléon's attempt to change the Amsterdam City Hall into a palace.

Back
Top Bottom