Emperor Napoleon I (1769-1821) and Wives (Empress Josephine and Empress Marie-Louise)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Napoleon was some twenty years older than Archduchess Marie Louise of Austria.
During her childhood he had been represented as an ogre, ein Menschenfresser.

There was sibling rivalry with Emperor Napoleon I's brothers and siusters.

If the page defaults to Spanish, mouse over it and right click to select Translate to English

Article by Antonio Manuel Moral Roncal:
The pride of the new Emperor: this was the coronation of Napoleon

Napoleon refused to receive communion because he was not willing to go to confession, before which Josephine did not do so as not to publicly indispose her husband.

A mass was held memory of Emperor Napoleon at Les Invalides in Paris on May 5. (Napoleon had died on May 5, 1821).

Among the guests were Prince Jean Christophe Napoléon and Princess Olympia, the Duke of Castro and Princess Beatrice de Bourbon-Siciles.

** gettyimages gallery **

If the page defaults to Spanish, mouse over it and right click to select Translate to English

Article by Antonio Manuel Moral Roncal:
The pride of the new Emperor: this was the coronation of Napoleon

Napoleon refused to receive communion because he was not willing to go to confession, before which Josephine did not do so as not to publicly indispose her husband.

Goodness...I never knew that!:ohmy:

I just began Evangeline Bruce's biography of the Empress Josephine last week. Very engaging!?

We shouldn't judge people with ours current moral views. It doesn't make any sense. Was Napoleon warmongering conqueror? Yes but other powers weren't any better. Russia was already expanding to Central Asia and it conquered during early stages of Napolenic Wars Georgia. United Kingdom was already conquering India. You sholdn't judge Napoleon and close yours eyes from atrocities done by other nations. And Napoleon treated people lived in France much better than tsar of Russia or government of United Kingdom. France wasn't nice place to live but neithere were UK, Russia, German states or United States.
Bringing up crimes or historical misdeeds of others will never justify or exempt someone else from their wrongdoings. No one believed other countries to be better but focusing on Napoleon solely here, he had the Duc d’Enghien assassinated in Baden when he was not even plotting to overthrow him. Plus he had a network of spies and had control of the press. He instigated wars in Europe for his own vanity and imperial glory. The other powers already had issues with France over the handling of the Revolution and then having to deal with Napoleon wasn’t an easy thing.

What happened to Napoleon I's wife Empress Marie Louise? Did she remain in France?

Bringing up crimes or historical misdeeds of others will never justify or exempt someone else from their wrongdoings. No one believed other countries to be better but focusing on Napoleon solely here, he had the Duc d’Enghien assassinated in Baden when he was not even plotting to overthrow him. Plus he had a network of spies and had control of the press. He instigated wars in Europe for his own vanity and imperial glory. The other powers already had issues with France over the handling of the Revolution and then having to deal with Napoleon wasn’t an easy thing.

I don't understand why there is a royal forum for Napoleon I when he was not royal at all and can be better described as a republican dictator (not unlike the Roman emperors on whom he was inspired).

Marie Louise married twice after Napoleopn's death.

Adam Albert, Count von Neipperg +1829
Charles-René ,Count de Bombelles

Back
Top Bottom