Queen Margrethe II, Current Events Part 1: February 2018 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
351d6k4.jpg

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for the current events of Queen Margrethe II!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 6: July 2017 - February 2018 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
The court has announced that QMII will go on winter holiday for two weeks starting Monday 26th February:
http://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2018-02-22-dronningen-tager-pa-to-ugers-vinterferie
During that time Frederik will be Regent.

The court will not disclose where QMII will go, but she has gone to Norway previously.

- Plausible, since that is a place she is fond of going and a cabin in Norway is a very good place to get away from it all. Apart from that she is close friends with the Norwegian Regent Couple.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sure you’re right Muhler as that’s where she normally goes this time of the year.

Some quiet time with good friends will be wonderful for the Queen after everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

I thought so as well. A very lovely gesture to thank them explicitly! I found it moving but also encouraging to see her that way yesterday. She's a great woman!

Here's an additional gallery from yesterday:

** ppe gallery **

Thanks, Polyesco & Iceflower :flowers:

A big day for the new first lieutenants. (Nikolai will AFAIK not be meeting QMII as he is "only" going to be an officer of the reserves, and as such a mere lieutenant. These are officers of the line.)

Is there such a ceremony in other monarchies? I.e. the Commander in Chief (the Monarch) meeting graduates from the officers academies.

Thanks, Polyesco & Iceflower :flowers:

A big day for the new first lieutenants. (Nikolai will AFAIK not be meeting QMII as he is "only" going to be an officer of the reserves, and as such a mere lieutenant. These are officers of the line.)

Is there such a ceremony in other monarchies? I.e. the Commander in Chief (the Monarch) meeting graduates from the officers academies.

I only know of the Passing out ceremony at Sandhurst in England, Muhler; in Canada the Royal Military college at Kingston does something similar as well
but no Queen here!:bang: The governor general apparently reviews sometimes but the Chief of Defence staff took this particular parade last year.

Last edited:
Thanks, Gerry. ?

I positively love the uniforms. Standard British dress uniforms from 1870-1895 or so. Complete will the pill-boxes. The rifles are however a little more powerful than the Martini Henry's they used back then.

Thanks, Gerry. ?

I positively love the uniforms. Standard British dress uniforms from 1870-1895 or so. Complete will the pill-boxes. The rifles are however a little more powerful than the Martini Henry's they used back then.

I knew you would! Glad I could polish your militaria:flowers:

Summary of articles in Billed Bladet #12, 2018.
Written by our woman on the parade ground, Trine Larsen.

There are four guards battalions in the Royal Lifeguard Regiment, who supply sentries for the royal palaces. Each battalion is the size of a full company and they serve for three months at a time and apart from the senior NCO's and officers they are exclusively made up by volunteer conscripts. - Just as with Dannebrog there is a waiting list for serving in the guards battalions.
At the end of each battalions tour one of the guardsmen is put forward for receiving the Queen's Watch. In order to do that the guardsman (or woman, women now constitute some 15 % of the conscripts. Women are not called up for conscription, but they have a right to serve if they volunteer and many do) has to be an exemplary guardsman and just as importantly an exemplary brother in arms.

In her speech to the battalion QMII, being moved (hence the pauses in her speech, see below) personally thanked the guardsmen for their service and aide during PH's funeral.

She said: "... I myself take my leave with a number of guardsmen who been standing guard at our palaces and have hopefully had an exciting and beneficial education.
In this case I also say goodbye to a group of guardsmen who have done a particular service ... here, a month ago ... in connection with the death of Prince Henrik and his funeral.
What You (formal plural) there performed was very beautiful, very solemn and that You also helped distribute the flowers out there are the memorial at Kastellet gives the whole event ... a particular note. For that I will tahnk You.
I hope that the memories You take with You as guardsmen will be good memories. Something to look back on and share with Your families and friends and yes, other old guardsmen. And that You, who have chosen to remain in the military, will find that You here have had a good foundation and that You will have many more good and rewarding experiences later on in Your career.
I wish You all a really good future and thank You for Your service".

Last edited:
Here's a video of H.M.The Queen at the exhibition,nice to see her back.

Currently QMII is staying at Marselisborg, with her are two friends. A Norwegian couple she has known since her youth, so she's fortunately not alone.
I'm not sure, but I think the couple is the same ones in whose cabin she stays when she is on vacation in Norway.

The media more or less expect M&F and J&M to drop by at some point during Easter. - So far there haven't been any reports, but I think it's very likely M&F will drop by for a day or two on their way back to Copenhagen from Trend, where I'm pretty certain they are staying these days.

Thanks Eya :flowers:

Yes, they are the Norwegian friends staying at Marselisborg with QMII this Easter.

She went twice in Cathedral in Arhus with Prince Henrik for Christmas .

:previous: Yes, and the first day on the job for the new royal confessionarius, Henrik Wigh-Poulsen.

Perhaps FasterB, who know every single priest in DK personally, can tell us more about him? ?

Currently QMII is staying at Marselisborg, with her are two friends. A Norwegian couple she has known since her youth, so she's fortunately not alone.
I'm not sure, but I think the couple is the same ones in whose cabin she stays when she is on vacation in Norway.

The media more or less expect M&F and J&M to drop by at some point during Easter. - So far there haven't been any reports, but I think it's very likely M&F will drop by for a day or two on their way back to Copenhagen from Trend, where I'm pretty certain they are staying these days.

Yes, that's them.

Article about it here:
Dronning Margrethes hyggelige påske: Besøg fra Norge - Billedbladet - translation
The Norwegian friends own a comfortable Norwegian ski cabin in Gausdal, where Queen Margrethe has come for years to enjoy her annual winter holiday.

Eleonore Sibbern and the Queen know each other all the way back from their youth.

Here is a picture (taken at the cabin in Gausdal) from an interview she gave to the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten last year - during her winter holiday:
Dronning Margrethe II i hytta på Gausdal - Aftenposten

--------------------

In other news:
Queen Sonja mentioned her close friend QMII in an NRK1 interview from January - which was sent on Easter Eve:
King Harald and Queen Sonja Current Events, Part 2; February 2015 -

Last edited:
That's a great photo, Royal Norway! :flowers:

QMII went totally Norwegian. :norwayflag:

Alas, it seems like M&F and J&M did not visit QMII at Marselisborg, which to me suggests that M&F were not celebrating Easter at Trend. - Because Marselisborg is pretty much on the way home from Trend.

But back to Norway, like most Danes QMII don't have that big a problem understanding Norwegian - the other way around can be a little more tricky though, as illustrated in this brief Norwegian documentary.
Notice the attire. All Norwegians are by law required to be blonde and wear knitted sweaters, caps and socks. Hence the reason why QMII dressed like a Norwegian in order to blend in. - Otherwise she might cause confusion and even traffic jams. :ermm:

Last edited:

Here are some more photos of Queen Margrethe arriving at and leaving from the Easter Church Service at Aarhus Cathedral:

** belga gallery **

This evening, Queen Margrethe received by Fredensborg City's torch train at Innre Slotsgaard at Fredensborg Castle.
Every year, Fredensborg Trade and Crafts Association, together with the local scout corps, organizes a torch train from Fredensborg Station to Fredensborg Castle, where the Town Orchestra plays in Indre Slotsgaard.

That's a great photo, Royal Norway! :flowers:

QMII went totally Norwegian. :norwayflag:

Alas, it seems like M&F and J&M did not visit QMII at Marselisborg, which to me suggests that M&F were not celebrating Easter at Trend. - Because Marselisborg is pretty much on the way home from Trend.

But back to Norway, like most Danes QMII don't have that big a problem understanding Norwegian - the other way around can be a little more tricky though, as illustrated in this brief Norwegian documentary.
Notice the attire. All Norwegians are by law required to be blonde and wear knitted sweaters, caps and socks. Hence the reason why QMII dressed like a Norwegian in order to blend in. - Otherwise she might cause confusion and even traffic jams. :ermm:

I must admit Muhler that I understood the Norwegian better than drunken Danish!:lol: Thanks for this lovely insight into Scandinavian history.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom