Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Probably glad of a rest away from him
You're probably right

Old 08-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If I'm remembering right, Henrik is a diabetic and from experiences with my father, I know that foot and leg problems arise easily and cause havoc with circulation and there's always the threat of blood clots that travel.

He's in the best place he can be if he's having recurrent problems after the procedure he just recently had. He'll be monitored closely and they'll know what is needed to get him back on track to being his old ornery self once again.

I'm sure that Margrethe is in contact with him but being there physically at the hospital at this time would be fodder for the media to go wild with speculation. Regardless of what happens between a couple in their private lives, when illness and hospitalization happens, concern trumps ill feelings as compassion for the other takes precedence.

I hope he's back on his feet (literally) soon.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness

Why was Prince Henrik admitted in a hospital in Copenhagen, if he was in France?

Another report from the 14th August: BREAKING NEWS: Prince Henrik admitted to hospital – Royal Central
Old 08-14-2017, 10:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Why was Prince Henrik admitted in a hospital in Copenhagen, if he was in France?

Another report from the 14th August: BREAKING NEWS: Prince Henrik admitted to hospital – Royal Central
I would imagine it is because that is where his personal physician is. If he just had a procedure done and has trouble afterwards, it helps to see the same doctors that treated him beforehand as they're more attuned to Henrik's health.

That's my guess anyways.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would imagine it is because that is where his personal physician is. If he just had a procedure done and has trouble afterwards, it helps to see the same doctors that treated him beforehand as they're more attuned to Henrik's health.

That's my guess anyways.
Unless it wasn't serious that he could fly back from Cahors to Copenhagen in a day or he was back in Copenhagen and QMII preferred to stay at Caix.

My guess is as good as any
Old 08-15-2017, 12:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

That's my guess anyways.
That is not the case. PH was committed at Skejby Hospital in Aarhus when he underwent his procedure.
He is at Rigshospitalet in order to undergo pain-relieving treatment.

- I'm pretty certain most other patients but PH had not committed for such a trivial matter. They would have been send home and told to do some excersize, as they would have been advised to do anyway after the procedure. And then return for a check-up a few times.

(..)
Certainly his condition isn't serious enough for QMII to cut short her vacation and follow her husband home, which IMO would be a normal thing to do. I sure would had it been my wife and it was only the two of us on vacation.
But then I can be a terribly cynical.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for clearing that up, Muhler. Your explanation makes much more sense than mine did.

I would imagine too that a whole lot of people are being cynical about this also as Henrik has shown himself to be a pouty, temperamental and obstinate kind of an individual. Things don't go his way and he's going to do something to demand more attention.

Whomever guessed that the two of them wouldn't be together for long at Caix were right. We'll never really know but the logical guess would be that the crapola has hit the fan and Henrik needed a big out.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Speculative comments have been removed. Thanks for your understanding!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:50 AM
Majesty

I don't know if the Prince may Fly with the legs deseases he has ?
Old 08-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I don't know if the Prince may Fly with the legs deseases he has ?
A long flight in cramped economy seating wouldn't be advisable to the risk of blood clots, but my guess is that he was on a medical evacuation flight. They would have been prepared for a problem and ready to deal with it en route to the hospital.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Does the Queen travel on Danish military jets? It would not surprise me if one is on standby (if even still in Denmark just on standby to fly to France for a pick up) ready to bring the Queen back to Denmark in an emergency?
Old 08-15-2017, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Does the Queen travel on Danish military jets? It would not surprise me if one is on standby (if even still in Denmark just on standby to fly to France for a pick up) ready to bring the Queen back to Denmark in an emergency?
I think the DRF own, or may rent/borrow, a private jet. If I recall correctly, the Crown Prince family flew using the private jet when they visited Australia a few years ago.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
She does (and so does members of the government), aboard a Challenger, which also doubles as a VIP transport. So if QMII were to be rushed back to DK a jet would pick her up, or alternatively someone would be kicked off a commercial flight to make room for her.

It does happen that they borrow a jet from one of the more affluent DK families.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe Henrik travlled by such a jet, if so it would make it so easy if he felt unwell to simply fly straight back to denmark
Old 08-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Majesty

To me the Prince left Denmark to quickly after his first operation !
Old 08-17-2017, 12:29 AM
Royal Highness

The amount of time Henrik spent in hospital after his angioplasties was about the same amount of time most patients spend after such a procedure. Cardiac angioplasty patients spend about 2-3 days in hospital and are dismissed to home if no complications arise after the procedure. A flight from Denmark to France isn't too long, not as if from Denmark to another Continent. I'm sure Henrik got the clearance from his physicians to travel, if they felt he shouldn't have flown, they would have told him not to travel.
We don't know, but there may be private duty nurses or attendants that are in France and may have traveled with him.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

There are three healthcare workers employed to look after PH. Presumably at least one of them accompanied him back to DK.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

PH will remain at hospital for some more days, while undergoing a number of additional tests: Prins Henrik fortsat indlagt - ved ikke hvornår han kan udskrives - TV 2

It is not known when he will be discharged, that's up to the doctors.

While in hospital PH has been visited by Frederik and Joachim.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:23 AM
Majesty

Why is the Queen in France ?
Old 08-18-2017, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

On holiday...?

Perhaps the - tests - will be easier to conduct if she isn't around...?

Seriously, if PH is tested for Alzheimer or dementia, it might be better if QMII isn't around to excite him?
And the doctors might find it easier to persuade him to go through the tests.

Closed Thread