Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 4: Jan. 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Thanks, all of you. :)

The first Danish astronaut, Andreas Mogensen, has returned safely from the International Space Station after ten days in orbit.

And QMII has issued the following statement: Her Majesty the Queen has asked me to convey her most heartfelt greetings and congratulations after the successful journey to space.
The Queen has expressed a wish to receive you in Copenhagen as soon as it it possible.

- So this is how a call for private audience sounds?
It happens that QMII ask someone to attend a private audience, when there is someone she for various reasons wish to meet or know an opinion from.
Fortunately many schools and classes have followed him closely, because I think most parents can wholeheartedly agree that here we have a genuine role-model!

the audience will take place tomorrow. September 16
H.M. Dronningen modtager astronaut Andreas Mogensen kl. 16.30 - Kongehuset

A BT video from the audience: Guld til astronaut-Andreas: Fik fornem medalje af dronning Margrethe - Danmark | www.bt.dk

At the audience, the first Dane in space, Andreas Mogensen, was awarded the highest royal order for exceptional merit, bravery or accomplishment in gold.
The last time it was presented was in 1993.

The medal was introduced in 1865 and can be awarded in gold or silver.
The Danish name which is difficult to translate directly in Den Kongelige Belønningsmedalje.
Here it is in silver: http://cdn.move.bcdtravel.dk/wp-content/uploads/sites/125/2014/11/Bel%C3%B8nningsmedalje3.jpg
The medal is engraved with the recipients name and as such is personal.

Last edited:
I need a little help from the mods, because I honestly don't know where to place this one.

En duft af konge: Prins Henrik står bag parfumen 'H' - Royale | www.bt.dk

It's about a deodorant launched by the Gosh on behalf of PH a couple of years ago.
Under the name of H, it's made in a very limited number every year and it is also very difficult to buy. In fact one of the few places you can buy it is at the store at Chateau Cayz.
PH use it very much as a present to friends but it is not and has never been intended for sale in stores in DK.

Apparently PH use this deodorant himself.

I need a little help from the mods, because I honestly don't know where to place this one.

En duft af konge: Prins Henrik står bag parfumen 'H' - Royale | www.bt.dk

It's about a deodorant launched by the Gosh on behalf of PH a couple of years ago.
Under the name of H, it's made in a very limited number every year and it is also very difficult to buy. In fact one of the few places you can buy it is at the store at Chateau Cayz.
PH use it very much as a present to friends but it is not and has never been intended for sale in stores in DK.

Apparently PH use this deodorant himself.
I am sure the mods will agree that you have placed this product in the correct space! A telling testimony to the entrepreneurial spirit of the Prince Consort who would be king!:flowers:

I am sure the mods will agree that you have placed this product in the correct space! A telling testimony to the entrepreneurial spirit of the Prince Consort who would be king!:flowers:

The Prince Consort who would be king - I like that line. :lol:

Given that M&F are portrayed in a film, perhaps Sean Connery could play PH? - They are about the same age aren't they?
But who should Michael Cain play in this new version?

For those who are completely lost here: The Man Who Would Be King (1975) - IMDb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNb6SxXcD7g

Last edited:
The Prince Consort who would be king - I like that line. :lol:

Given that M&F are portrayed in a film, perhaps Sean Connery could play PH? - They are about the same age aren't they?
But who should Michael Cain play in this new version?

For those who are completely lost here: The Man Who Would Be King (1975) - IMDb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNb6SxXcD7g
I am afraid Kipling's short story, upon which the film is based, would not work in the case of the Prince Consort. The Sean Connery character vows to give up wine and women, for example....certainly not something I can imagine Prince Henrik doing!:lol:It would be interesting however, to cast the Australian film now being made...certainly the images I have seen so far are rather uninspiring, as I believe the film is low budget. Nicole Kidman as Crown Princess Mary and the lovely Mathias Schoenarts as the Crown Prince? Dame Maggie Smith as Queen Margrethe and Gerard Depardieu as Prince Henrik? This would be fun indeed!:lol::flowers:

Gerard Depardieu as PH? Yeah. Yeah, just like PH he has a certain gravitas. ;)

H.M.Queen Margrethe II & HRH The Prince Consort attended the opening of the exhibition 'Eckersberg a beautiful lie' at Statens Museum for Kunst in Copenhagen.

PPE

PPE Agency

:previous:

Well, there's time for a second visit till January 10 ;)

** kongehuset.dk gallery: Åbning af udstillingen "Monet og impressionisterne" **

Prince Henrik today, October 9, was present at the preview of the Oyster and Mussel event in Copenhagen - the perfect engagement for him..;)

** kongehuset.dk gallery: Forpremiere på Østers- og Muslingearrangement **

** BB: Prins Henrik spiste østers til morgenmad ** translation **

** limfjordupdate.dk: Prins Henrik skød Muslinge- & Østerspremieren i gang **

:previous: Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

A now for something a bit merry: Hov, hvor ska' vi hen, du? Her bryder Prins Henriks bil færdselsloven - Royale | www.bt.dk
Kongehuset bryder også loven ved Dokk1 - Aarhus | stiften.dk

Sunday past noon a vigilant citizen in Aarhus observed a DRF car, with PH, breaching the traffic rules in order to pull in at the new main library of the city Dokk 1.
The library is located at the harbor and practically the entire harbor is being rebuild these years and the local newspaper laconically notices that even the DRF drivers can't figure out to get around in the chaos there. And the municipality admits that the signs could perhaps be a little better in regards to guiding the unfortunate motorists.

- Personally I hate driving in downtown Aarhus, it's maze of one way streets and the area around the harbor would leave even a Parisian driver with sweaty palms!

BB writes that QMII has been approached by the church in Wittenberg for her to design a antependium for the altar.
Dronning Margrethe skal designe nyt alterbordsforside | BILLED-BLADET

The occasion is that in two years it will be 500 hundred years ago Martin Luther nailed his 95 thesis to the door to the castle-church in Wittenberg and started the Reformation. (*)

In Denmark the Reformation officially took place in 1536. (**)

QMII's antepedndium will be unveiled in October next year.

Wittenberg Church: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wittenberg

(*) As you know there were several attempts of a reformation before that. Some starting back in the 1300's. Spurred on not only by members of the clergy and intellectuals but also the Hussitter rebellion in the 1400's and the large peasant rebellions in the early 1500's in southern Germany. - Some claim that the authoritarian mindset in Central Europe is a result of the brutal suppression of these rebellions. Where every attempt of establishing a kind of parliamentarianism was kept down.

(**) The Danish Reformation took place during a vicious civil war for the throne, where on top of it all a central European inspired public rising also took place. The uprising initially met with some success but was eventually crushed by professional mercenaries. - And that was the last public rebellion in Denmark.
Before then there had been countless minor local uprisings all over the country whenever people were dissatisfied, because every free man was armed. These uprising were usually fairly bloodless. Perhaps a noble farm or two torched, a noble or a magistrate beaten up and a in few cases killed, until a representative for the king arrived and sorted things out. - After which people came to some kind of compromise and helped rebuild whatever was destroyed. That had been the order of the day for some 600 years, but by the 1530's that was over! Now courts were to take over and the general public was disarmed and the defense of the realm left in the hands of professionals and conscripts, who were armed as needed by the king.
But in contrast to so many other places the introduction of the Reformation was surprisingly quiet and civilized here in DK. With a smaller population the distance between people, lawmakers and clergy was short.
So a number of monasteries were seized by the king and a number of the most hardcore Catholics were quietly shipped south, but there was little if any looting and little if any violence.
As for monks and nuns, they were simply allowed to live in their monasteries until they died, after which the king officially took possession. So by the 1570's or so, there were no monks left and the Reformation was completed.
But it was soon realized after the Reformation that the state had to step in and take over from the (Catholic) church, because monasteries had provided a rudimentary form of social security for the poor and sick. So in a sense you can say that the welfare state was founded during the mid 1500's here in DK.

:previous: Muhler, thank you so much for this information. As a Lutheran myself, I will be interested to follow this. :flowers:

BTW, an antependium - sometimes called a frontal - is the cloth hanging from the front of an altar, pulpit, or lectern. I'm sure that QMII will make a beautiful one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Time to close this thread! Thanks for all your contributions! The new thread can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom