Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 4: Jan. 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Dear I did enjoy that comedy on Orkenens Sonner. Always appreciate a good laugh. Her Majesty is very generous for those poor dear souls in Nepal. So sad to see what they are going through.

This afternoon, May 27, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik attended a concert by the Royal Guard Music Corps at Rosenborg Castle. The concert and a CD were a birthday present for Queen Margrethe.

** BB: Dronning Margrethe fik sen fødselsdagsgave: Med prinsgemalen til koncert ** translation ** royalista.com article **

Earlier today Prince Henrik had unveiled one of his sculptures in Hedehusene:

** sn.dk gallery ** BB: Prins Henrik afslørede Den Skabende Hånd ** translation ** kongehuset.dk gallery **

Last edited:
As this only indirectly is about the upcoming Swedish wedding I have decided to place this here: Prins Henrik bliver hjemme fra svensk prinsebryllup | TV 2 Fri

The Danish media have noticed that PH is not going to the wedding and he is probably going to get some heat for that. The PR office will not say why he isn't going. But then the Norwegian King isn't going either...
And as far as I understand will be in England on the day of the wedding, aboard Danneborg.

:previous:Hmm, they start their trip on the 15 to the Faroe Islands. Maybe he cant do too much traveling back and forth. He has an event the 11th .
Would he set sail on the Danneborg to the Faroe Islands? how long does it take the ship to get there?

:previous:Hmm, they start their trip on the 15 to the Faroe Islands. Maybe he cant do too much traveling back and forth. He has an event the 11th .
Would he set sail on the Danneborg to the Faroe Islands? how long does it take the ship to get there?

I don't know. She isn't a particularly fast ship. A few days?

He may get onboard the ship in England and sail on from there. It is also well known that PH usually go for a couple of short trips with Dannebrog before the summer cruises. Gives the conscript crew a chance to practice before the real thing.

'Dannebrog' fik problemer i Den Engelske Kanal: Prins Henrik sov fra det hele - Royale | www.bt.dk

BT has a story about Dannebrog having to go into harbor in Southampton.

While on the way to the Isle of Wright, where Prince Phillip has invited PH to attend a sailing revue, Dannebrog developed problems with one of her engines and that meant she could only go at half speed and also was less able to withstand the rough sea.
That does not seem to bother PH who was sleeping through it all.

But the engine is expected to have been repaired tomorrow Thursday, which means PH can sail to Isle of Wright.
Later she will sail on to the French town of La Rochelle, where they will stay a couple of days.

- So this is the annual shake-down routine before the summer cruises.

'Dannebrog' fik problemer i Den Engelske Kanal: Prins Henrik sov fra det hele - Royale | www.bt.dk

BT has a story about Dannebrog having to go into harbor in Southampton.

While on the way to the Isle of Wright, where Prince Phillip has invited PH to attend a sailing revue, Dannebrog developed problems with one of her engines and that meant she could only go at half speed and also was less able to withstand the rough sea.
That does not seem to bother PH who was sleeping through it all.

But the engine is expected to have been repaired tomorrow Thursday, which means PH can sail to Isle of Wright.
Later she will sail on to the French town of La Rochelle, where they will stay a couple of days.

- So this is the annual shake-down routine before the summer cruises.

Lol how typical of Prince Henrik to sleep through a thing like that

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

BB has a video of Dannebrog arriving at Aarhus today: VIDEO: Regentparret lagde til kaj i Aarhus | Billed Bladet

It's very rainy today and on top of that it's election day so few showed up.
Among them were two local scouts, complete with their flag.
QMII remarked that it was very kind of the scouts.

The Regent Couple will stay at Marselisborg in Aarhus until 9th July, where they will leave for Greenland.

No doubt QMII and PH will have a look at the current Sculpture by the Sea exhibition. It's literally a couple of hundred meters down the road from Marselisborg.

I've seen the exhibition with the family and there were a few very good things but I think the wow-factor lacked this year.
Wonder if we will see M&F at some point as well?

The Dannebrog is always a wonderful sight to see. Nice video .

Have the Queen and Henrik ever gone to the Sculpture by the Sea exhibition, no doubt they will, they seem to love art

The Dannebrog is always a wonderful sight to see. Nice video .

Have the Queen and Henrik ever gone to the Sculpture by the Sea exhibition, no doubt they will, they seem to love art

No doubt.
Even though I doubt they are walking the full five kilometers, half the time in sand and the other half along forest tracks. Not with their legs.
But I'm sure they have and will see some selected items.

:previous: That's because QMII was at Amalienborg to meet the Royal Investigator - very soon new Prime Minister.

Muhler,
What do you think about the fat actor imitating Prince Henrik ?

Muhler,
What do you think about the fat actor imitating Prince Henrik ?

I think he is great. I always enjoy his imitations.
They are cheeky but never tasteless and always very funny.
Fully in accordance with the traditional summer revues.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot . Princess Marie seems to understand difficulty ..

Thanks a lot . Princess Marie seems to understand difficulty ..

Yes, I can well imagine that a phoney French accent in Danish can be difficult to understand for a genuine Frenchman. :lol:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #27, 2015.
Written by Trine Larsen.

The Regent Couple reside at Marselisborg these days and inbetween audiences with the Royal Investigator and the former as well as the new government, QMII and PH found time to visit a local show.
Walking out the gate to Marselisborg and a couple of hundred meters to the right they found Zirkus Nemo.
Although the show takes place in a small circus tent it is by no means a traditional circus. But more a number of funny sketches with a number of recurring characters most of them performed by the actor and entertainer, Søren Østergaard. He is probably without comparison QMII's favorite comedian and she did indeed have a merry time, laughing her head off.

With the Regent Couple went Henrik and Irene Ahlefeldt-Laurvig. PH's good friend, Knud Roding and an adjutant and a LiW.
During the intermission the whole party crammed together inside Søren Østergaard and his wife's dressing van because it was pouring down that day. And here they chatted and laughed enjoyed a little delicacy delivered by a nearby (and expensive! I know it and the food isn't that good. It tastes like chewing my credit card...) restaurant.

Muhler ,
I really hope Prince Henrik will enjoy his long stay on the Royal Boat Danneborg.

:previous: So do I. :)

Dronning Margrethe uddeler sjælden medalje | billedbladet.dk

QMII will shortly award the Queen's Medal for Noble Deed to a now 21 year old woman, Line Jensen.

The medal is the highest award for valor a civilian can get and it's only the fourth time it's presented since the order was invested in 1971.
Along with he school Line Jensen went out on a stormy lake with her classmates in the middle of winter. The teacher responsible should never have taken them out on the lake and he did pay a price for that decision - he died.
When their boat capsized Line Jensen managed to struggle herself to shore despite freezing temperatures and once back on shore she managed to send for help, thus saving lives of most of her classmates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom