Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 3: August 2010 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much every paper worth mentioning in DK covers the death of Vega.
Also TV2: Kongehuset i sorg: Kun én hund tilbage - TV 2 Nyhederne

With a picture of the remaining dachshund, Helike, who is QMII's dog.

Wonder if PH will have a new dog?
He is after all getting older and even with the help of footmen, there is still a good deal of work in bringing up a puppy. Not least if it's an active dog like a dachshund. - Perhaps a lapdog might be a good choice? Or alternatively a budgie? Don't laugh, budgies are nice companions, albeit a bit loud.

Last edited:
Losing a dog is very upsetting as they are part of the family. My heart goes out to Prince Henrik. I had a budgie once, the vet said he had pyschologicol problems. So I gave him to someone who had other budgies for him to play with, in a big avairy.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Prince Henrik would fit in perfectly with the style of that period. :lol:

The Tele Tubby outfit again?!?

I'm getting more and more convinced that the hat is some sort of signal device. Perhaps she doubles as a mobile SIGINT (signals intelligence) post?

:previous: Prince Henrik would fit in perfectly with the style of that period. :lol:

Indeed, except that he would never consider himself a 'bourgeois'!:flowers:. but would probably show true genius in the 'flirt' department:cool:

20-11-2012 Queen Margrethe awarded Ebbe Munck Memorial Prize to the author Niels Barfoed during an event at Christiansborg Palace.

PPE agency gallery

How can prince Henrik senior be dressed like this ? He was such a handsome French Diplomate when he married.
The only think I like is that he seems to be a really wonderful grandfather.

:previous: Thanks for the pics, Polyesco :flowers:

You misunderstand, Maria-Olivia, the problem is not that Prince Henrik is maturing like a good wine - becoming rounder and more full.
It's his closet. It's a wellknown fact that darkness causes clothes to shrink. I know it from my own closet. It's true...;)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #52, 2012.
Sig det ikke til min kone - Don't tell my wife.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Looking very colorful Prince Henrik had his annual Christmas Lunch with a number of friends at a French restaurant in Copenhagen last week.
When leaving the restairant his put his arms around the shoulders of two of his friends, Henriette Zobel and Kirsten Schrøder, posed and said: "Don't tell my wife that I'm having lunch with other/strange ladies".
This annual Christmas lunch has taken place for 30 years and Kirsten Schrøder said about Prince Henrik: "Prince Henrik is unique. He's always there when you need him, whether in connection will illness or as back when I lost my husband and became a widow. You simply cannot praise Prince Henrik enough".

- It's not the first time a merry Prince Henrik has cracked something like that. Do you remember a few years ago, when he presented one of QMII's LiWs as his mistress?
Or when he and his friends are being entertained by the "ladies of ill repute" at Bakken. They are actually professional singers nowadays.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #1, 2013.
Spar to i hatten - Two of ace in the hat.
Written by our man on the spot, Ulrik Ulriksen.

As is tradition the Regent Couple and a number of friends take turn hosting the New Year party, this year Jesper and Birthe Rasmussen, living north of Copenhagen were the hosts.
The Regent Couple arrived as the last ones as is costum. And as is also tradtion they all dress up. The theme this year was playing cards, so QMII showed up in a black robe with a hat decorated by a big two of ace.

QMII just finished delivering her annual New Year speech live on TV by 18.15, before it was time to dress and drive to the party.
Among the other guests were Susanne and Peter Heering, Bente Scavenius and Joen Bille, Bent Fabricius Bjerre and Camilla Arndt, Birgitte and Kjeld Hillingsøe, Anne Rosenørn Lehn and Frederik Juel Brockdorf. - You may recognice some of the names, since some of their children are also close friends of M&F.

At midnight the menfolks in particular (that's also tradition) mill out in order to set off rockets that would impress any artilleryman! As one the guests put it: "We're mad about shooting".

Last edited:
:previous:

Here are a few pics of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik arriving at the New Year's party:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Yesterday, January 9, 2013, Prince Henrik attended the vernissage of the exhibition Ved Havet with artworks by artist Aka Hoeegh.
PPE pictures PPE Agency

My mother and nephew were present at this event, where new textiles was inaugurated at Herlufsholm Church :)

H.M. Dronningen deltager i højmesse og indvielse af nye tekstiler i Herlufsholm Kirke kl. 10.00. - Kongehuset

She wore a purple dress and a purple hat.

Photographer: My nephew :)
64627_10151264282233198_1905668518_n.jpg

Thanks FasterB & Iceflower :flowers:

But this calls for an explanation. What are these carpets/rugs/blankets?
What is their purpose?

A link to a video, where you can see the new textiles. It´s three "antepedier" (I don´t know the english word for it), but it´s the textile hanging on the altar.
Then it´s the carpet between the altar and the "bench" where you lay during communion and then the carpet from the altar and down the aisle :)

Dronningen i Næstved | TV2 ØST

Last edited:
Thanks, FasterB :flowers:

But do they have a function, these antepedier? A symbolic meaning of some sort?
I ask because I'm pretty ignorant in this respect. It's not every year I go inside a church, let alone attend a service.

You´re welcome, Muhler :flowers:

But do they have a function, these antepedier? A symbolic meaning of some sort?
I think the only thing is that these antependier is to make the altar look beautiful. I completely forgot to ask my mother or actually it will be my father, I think (the customers kept calling me during work :whistling:)

The webpage of the DRF has a better photo of the green antependium :)

Indvielse af Herlufsholm Kirkes nye tekstiler - Kongehuset

Colors of the antependium

You´re welcome, Muhler :flowers:

I think the only thing is that these antependier is to make the altar look beautiful. I completely forgot to ask my mother or actually it will be my father, I think (the customers kept calling me during work :whistling:)

There will be various colors of antependia (or paraments as we call them in the US) during the different seasons of the church year. There is green which is on for most of the year, white for Christmas and Easter, red for Pentecost, and purple for Advent, so there is a significance to the colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom