Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen is the 49th Danish monarch in a direct line of succession from King Harald Bluetooth, who united Denmark more than a thousand years ago. She is the second woman to sit on the throne of Denmark, but in reality she is the first to be proclaimed Queen. Her predecessor and namesake, Margrete I (1353-1412), was styled "High and Mighty Lady and Regent" and ruled the kingdom on behalf of her infant son.

Margrethe
At first it sounds not like the englisch th, only t !!!
Second: You hear the e at the end as é, like in Beyoncé !!!
Hope it helps!

No I wasn't right , the e is more like. In french they would write not é but è

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching a documentary called A Royal Family which is about the descendants of King Christian the Ninth, HM's name is pronounced Margareta in English.

It find it interesting that their official summer holiday home is in France and the Danish go to Italy. It's so interesting how differently each royal family is treated by their countries--what's ok and what's not. I can't imagine the Queen of England or the King of Spain ever taking an official summer holiday outside their territories.

That said, these are nice photos--a very lovely place. Where is the rest of the family?

lucys said:
It find it interesting that their official summer holiday home is in France and the Danish go to Italy. It's so interesting how differently each royal family is treated by their countries--what's ok and what's not. I can't imagine the Queen of England or the King of Spain ever taking an official summer holiday outside their territories.

That said, these are nice photos--a very lovely place. Where is the rest of the family?
What do you mean by, the Danish go to Italy?

It is not really a official holiday, what ever that is. It is actually their private holiday. What they do each year is to invite the press to a press conference, and than the press leaves them alone for the rest of the holiday. That goes for Margrethe and Henrik, Frederik has had some problems with telelinses in the past during his holidays at Caïx though.

Oops. I meant the Dutch. I was just making an observation--nothing meant by it.

That's a cute dog they have!

Do the family vacation together or do they all go to different places?

Thanks for explaining Chatleen. Is it true the Queen squashed any preganacy rumours by saying flatly that Mary is not pregnant?

Thanks for psoting the links, Chatleen.

"I can't imagine the Queen of England or the King of Spain ever taking an official summer holiday outside their territories." - Why?

I heard that the Queen said, "It will come when it will come!" That still kind of leaves us in the dark. That answer could be given in either case.

kate14 said:
Thanks for psoting the links, Chatleen.

"I can't imagine the Queen of England or the King of Spain ever taking an official summer holiday outside their territories." - Why?

Well, because the Queen just doesn't seem to leave the UK much. And in Spain tourism is such a huge part of the economy that the Spanish would be very upset if the King were seen to be promoting tourism outside of Spain. That's why the government of the Balleric Islands willingly and happily pays for the upkeep of the King's residence on the island--their presence promotes the islands. It's also why people in Spain were so plessed that Felipe and Letizia's first days of honeymoon--when some of the international press would still be paying attention--were spent in Spain. Of course, this is just my interpretation and way off the thread topic!

It's so nice to see the royal couple taking a few days off from their busy schedules and mountain of obligations. :eek:

..and of course she can't forget her "Daisy" jewelry;)

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik will pay a State Visit to Japan from 15-19 this year.With Fred and Mary?

Margrethe,Henrik and President of Greek in Athens.

A happy family but without Henrik in Athens.

Attachments

• 00262755.jpg
    00262755.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 210
  • OLY2004-HANDBALL-CHN-DEN-06.jpg
    OLY2004-HANDBALL-CHN-DEN-06.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:
I was told that actually Queen Marguerete and Prince Henrik are both homosexuals, and that their wedding was just to ' save their public image'. Do you need know if it is really true? I think they seem very il love together and have beautiful children???

Um...that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. There is absolutely no evidence that they're gay or that their marraige is a sham. On the contrary, there is a ton of evidence that they're very much in love.

-Kathleen

March 1972 - Margrethe and Henrik.
Picture source unkknown.

Attachments

• Z65-1303099.jpg
    Z65-1303099.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 572
  • Z65-1303088.jpg
    Z65-1303088.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 471
Dronning Margrethe på vej ind i sin bil, da regentparret idag afsluttede sommertogtet med Dannebrog. De gik i land ved NordreToldbod i København.

Attachments

• 45353.jpg
    45353.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 435353.jpg
    435353.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 43534345.jpg
    43534345.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 323423.jpg
    323423.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 199
elenaris said:
I was told that actually Queen Marguerete and Prince Henrik are both homosexuals, and that their wedding was just to ' save their public image'. Do you need know if it is really true? I think they seem very il love together and have beautiful children???

Hiya
Yes there have always been the gossip about Henrik beeing gay/bisexual, but I have NEVER heard them about Magrethe, and I really don't belive it to be true.

elenaris said:
I've never heard that rumour. The truth is that when they met in the 1960s, it was common for homosexuals to marry heterosexuals and lead a secret life. However, if either Margrethe and Henrik were gay or bisexual we would've heard some rumours or gossip by now. I doubt they would not have a some sort of same sex affair in all these years.

Either way, who cares it's none of our business. If they are happy together, then that's all that matters.

Hi, you know the case is in Denmark, there are rumors about it, like Henrik going to Thailand beeing with boys.

A reminder
Discussions of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's sexual orientations or sex life is not appropriate here, as posted in The Royal Forums posting rules. Please read the rules for further clarification on why not.

I hope to not see this latest line of discussion continue here, otherwise this thread will unfortunately have to be closed.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...read.php?t=3547

Thank you,
Alexandria
The Royal Forums
Administrator

HMQueenElizabethII said:
A happy family but without Henrik in Athens.
I saw in TV that Prince Henrik was there, I meant if this photo is the one has taken in handball arena.
Mandy said:
March 1972 - Margrethe and Henrik.
Mandy said:
Picture source unkknown.

The couple looked happy in photo, the Queen looked beautiful & the prince looked handsome. From the year you mention, the photo probably has taken after the coronation of the queen (I’m not sure).
[/font said:
Alexandria]Courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB, Margrethe (in the dress she wore to Frederik and Mary's pre-wedding gala dinner) and Henrik attending the wedding of Count Bendt Wedell, owner of Frijsenborg and Wedellsborg, to Pernille Korsbak Poulsen
.It is good to see the Queen and the Prince still show their smile for public while they know something wrong is happening in their youngest son’s marriage. Just wondered, it should be hard for the royal family to hide their feeling on public. They have to keep smiling no matter what has happened in their private live.

Last edited:
Polfoto 21-09-2004 Dronning Margrethe på vej ind i sin bil, da regentparret idag afsluttede sommertogtet med Dannebrog. De gik i land ved NordreToldbod i København.

Another picture

Attachments

• CH108903_guest.jpg
    CH108903_guest.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 197
Prince Henrik of Denmark at the Charity performance of the
film "Two Brothers" together with the French
filmdirector Jean-Jacques Annaud, in Copenhagen Paladium
tonight

Imagine Scandinavia:

Status
Not open for further replies.