Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Polfoto 12-06-2003 Dronning Margrethe på byvandring i Hirtshals.

www.ibl.se - Prince Henrik - 20030616 Hirtshals, Denmark - QueenMargrethe and prince Henrik visited Hirtshals, a town in the northern part of Jutland (DK). After a reception at the townhall the quuen and the prince visited the Hirtshals Aquarium and Flextronic, a company that builds parts for cellphones. Photo: Michael Stub / Colourpress

www.ibl.se - Queen Margrethe and prince Henrik - 20030616 Hirtshals, Denmark - Queen Margrethe and prince Henrik visited Hirtshals, a town in the northern part of Jutland (DK). After a reception at the townhall the quuen and the prince visited the Hirtshals Aquarium and Flextronic, a company that builds parts for cellphones. Photo: Michael Stub / Colourpress

www.ibl.se - Guess it must've been a bit windy if Queen Margrethe was trying to hold onto her hat! I love how her hat matches her blouse! That Queen Margrethe is so fashionable! B)

www.ibl.se - All those Danish flags certainly add lots of colour to the scenery!

Polfoto 27-06-2003 Regentparret deltager ved Livgardens Årsdagsparade (345 år) og uddeling af H.M. Dronningens ur på Livgardens Kaserne.

Attachments

• DK_margrethe_500.jpg
    DK_margrethe_500.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 257
  • DK_margrethe_500a.jpg
    DK_margrethe_500a.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 254
  • henrik_a.jpg
    henrik_a.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 215
  • maggie_b.jpg
    maggie_b.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 214
  • maggie_c.jpg
    maggie_c.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 205
  • danish_couple.jpg
    danish_couple.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 214
  • back_of_hat.jpg
    back_of_hat.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 185
  • danish_couple_425B0441.jpg
    danish_couple_425B0441.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 206
  • danish_couple_a.jpg
    danish_couple_a.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 219
  • maggie_a.jpg
    maggie_a.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 228
Last edited by a moderator:
Polfoto 27-06-2003 Regentparret deltager ved Livgardens Årsdagsparade (345 år) og uddeling af H.M. Dronningens ur på Livgardens Kaserne.

Polfoto 26-06-2003 Regentparret på besøg i Præstø. Her får parret kommunens gaver.

Polfoto 26-06-2003 Regentparret på besøg i Præstø. Prins Henrik.

Attachments

• maggie_b.jpg
    maggie_b.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 221
  • maggie_c.jpg
    maggie_c.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 264
  • maggie_d.jpg
    maggie_d.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 283
  • maggie_e.jpg
    maggie_e.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 199
  • maggie_f.jpg
    maggie_f.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 168
  • maggie_h.jpg
    maggie_h.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 231
  • maggie_g.jpg
    maggie_g.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 242
  • drinking.jpg
    drinking.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 245
  • henrik.jpg
    henrik.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 234
;) Queen Margrethe always looks fresh in her pictures. She wears a smile and whaen she is serious it shows how intelligent she is like when she talks, the way her hands move....

I am just wondering why do royals when they have "gloves" they just bring it and they don't use it.. Maybe it makes their hands feel hot.

One glove is off - held in the left hand to keep the right hand "naked" to shake hands with others - noticed Queen Elizabeth keeps both her gloves on while shaking hands ?

www.ibl.se - This was an opportunity, the Danish Prince consort Henrik couldn't let go by. In the Danish town Svendborg in the South of the island Fyn, 212 wooden yachts from 8 different countries were gathered to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the 'Danish Club for older Yachts' as well as the 750th birthday of the town of Svendborg.

Attachments

• dana00040405.jpg
    dana00040405.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 199
  • dana_henrik0033.jpg
    dana_henrik0033.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 204
  • dana_henrik0041.jpg
    dana_henrik0041.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 181
  • dana_henrik0025.jpg
    dana_henrik0025.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 250
  • dana_henrik0022.jpg
    dana_henrik0022.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 196
  • dana_henrik0008.jpg
    dana_henrik0008.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 196
Polfoto 29-08-2003 Dronningen hilser på forsvarschef Hans Jesper Helsø. Statsminister Anders Fogh Rasmussen står i baggrunden ved mindehøjtidlighed for 60 års-dagen for den danske ødelæggelse af flåden, der skulle overtages af den tyske flåde den 29 August 1943. Foto: Polfoto/ Jens Dige

Polfoto 29-08-2003 Dronningen til mindehøjtidlighed for 60 års-dagen for den danske ødelæggelse af flåden, der skulle overtages af den tyske flåde den 29 August 1943. Foto: Polfoto/ Jens Dige

www.ibl.se - AUGUST/29/2003-Hellerup-Copenhagen,Denmark,H.M.The Queen Margrethe II,Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen paid tribute to fallen EX-Patriate under German occupation ,Danish Government resigned and German decalred Marshall Law on August 29,1943,Danish nations marked the day after 60 years,with flowers those freedom figheters died under German occupations,queen and pm and ex-patraates rem,emebr the day. © Francis Dean / IBL

will there be any state visit from or to Denmark soon. when was the last state visit to or from Denmark.

Attachments

• maggie_3.jpg
    maggie_3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 213
  • maggie_4.jpg
    maggie_4.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 255
  • maggie_5.jpg
    maggie_5.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 232
  • maggie_6.jpg
    maggie_6.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 232
  • margrethe_1.jpg
    margrethe_1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 239
  • margrethe_3.jpg
    margrethe_3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 197
  • margrethe_2.jpg
    margrethe_2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Queen_20Margrethe_10.jpg
    Queen_20Margrethe_10.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 772
  • Queen_20Margrethe_01.jpg
    Queen_20Margrethe_01.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 648

04-07-1974 Fell down the stairs

06-05-1976

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 375
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,030
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 352
www.yahoo.com

Tuesday September 2, 06:16 PM

Denmark's arty Queen Margrethe shows own work in new exhibition

COPENHAGEN (AFP) - Denmark's Queen Margrethe is to display a collection of her work as an amateur painter in a new exhibition in the southern city of Odense, the museum announced.

The show, entitled "The Soul of Landscape" comprises 31 oil paintings, 21 watercolours and 11 drawings, a spokeswoman at the Kunsthallen Brandts Klaedefabrik museum told AFP.

The 63-year-old monarch has been painting since the 1980s, and her work has already been shown in museums around the world.

She often asks her husband, French-born Prince Henrik, for his views, and once said of him: "He is my first critic, also the toughest."

The Queen also carries out illustration work, and designs stage backdrops for theatre and television.

The show closes on January 18, when it will move to the Waldemarsudde museum in Stockholm, which was home to another artistic monarch, prince Eugen of Sweden, at the turn of the last century.

Polfoto 03-09-2003 Regentparret på officielt besøg i Svendborg i anledning af byenes 750 års jubilæum. Her er de på Zoologisk Museum, hvor dronning Matrgrethe skulle lægge den første grundsten til den store udvidelse af museet. Foto: Kurt Hardi

Polfoto 03-09-2003 Dronning Margrethe og Prins Henrik på vej til Anne Hvides Gård (museum).

Polfoto 03-09-2003 Regentparret på officielt besøg i Svendborg i anledning af byenes 750 års jubilæum. Her på besøg på Rådhuset, hvor borgmester Jørgen henningsen (A) bød velkommen og overrakte dronning Margrethe Svantevit i sølv, udformet som brevåbner og til Prins Henrik byens nye skulptur, Hvalfisken, udformet som manchetknapper. Foto: Kurt Hardi

Polfoto 03-09-2003 Regentparret på officielt besøg i Svendborg i anledning af byens 750 års jubilæum. Foto: Kurt Hardi

Polfoto 04-09-2003 Regentparret på officielt besøg i Assens, hvor der var modtagelse pådet nye Rådhus, hvor dronningen ligeledes åbnede det nye springvand i rådhusgården. Besøget var tillige også en del af Assens Turistforenings 100 års jubilæum. En veloplagt dronning Margrethe, der have tid til at hilse på alle med et smil. Foto: Kurt Hard

Attachments

• maggie_1.jpg
    maggie_1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 204
  • maggie_2.jpg
    maggie_2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 209
  • maggie_3.jpg
    maggie_3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 200
  • maggie_henrik.jpg
    maggie_henrik.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 240
  • maggie_henrik_1.jpg
    maggie_henrik_1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 214
  • henrik_maggie_3.jpg
    henrik_maggie_3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 264
  • henrik.jpg
    henrik.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 228
  • margrethe.jpg
    margrethe.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 239
  • maggie_henrik_33.jpg
    maggie_henrik_33.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 254
  • red_suit.jpg
    red_suit.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 208
  • watching.jpg
    watching.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 298
Glittering Royals message board: Clearly a prince in love with his queen! :heart:

From the Glittering Royals message board ...

From the Glittering Royals message board ...

Attachments

• hug.jpg
    hug.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 500
  • img0060_std.jpg
    img0060_std.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 399
  • img0083_std.jpg
    img0083_std.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 549
www.vov.org.vn

Danish Prince: I am surprised at Vietnam’s positive changes

Prince of Denmark, Henri de Monpezat, is on a five-day visit to Vietnam entitled "Denmark meets Vietnam", which began on Sep. 14, at the invitation of Deputy Prime Minister Vu Khoan. The Danish Prince took time to talk with Vietnamese media agencies, including VOVNews reporters.

VOVNews: Could you please tell us your impressions of Vietnam so far?

Prince Henri: I spent many years of my childhood in Vietnam, so Vietnamese culture was a big part of my adolescence. And I also came back to Vietnam again, five years ago. I can see a lot of changes, more activity and development in the whole country. It is a big shock for me because Vietnam has changed so much in just five years.

VOVNews: Can you share one of your deepest memories of Vietnam? What do you like about Hanoi the most?

Prince Henri: There were two periods when I was here. The first, from when I was born to when I was five years old. I remember a lot about those first years in the country. I have memories with my mother, and the one who took care of me when I was a child. They were Chi Hai, Chi Ba and Chi Tu. At that time I think I spoke better Vietnamese than French. And even now, I still understand some Vietnamese.

The second time, when I came back later, from 1950 to 1952, when I was grown up. I remember vividly the time I spent in Hanoi. I finished my studies at the Vietnamese school. Then it was a big French school with around 4,000 Vietnamese students and a few French. I had many Vietnamese friends and have very vivid and kind memories of them because we studied together and had good times together. At that time I spoke better Vietnamese than French. I travelled a lot with my parents, with my family at that time, even though it wasn’t easy in the 1950s. I think Vietnam is very beautiful seen from tourist point of view, especially when we went to the mountainous areas, to Ha Long Bay, to the central city of Hue, Da Nang and Nha Trang.

VOVNews: Now you have returned to Vietnam and you have seen positive changes here. Do you think that Vietnam will attract more Danish tourists?

Prince Henri: Yes, of course, Vietnam is a very beautiful country and well known throughout the world. Vietnam, I think, is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. The second thing is that the Vietnam has a lot of hotels and various activities for tourism. I am sure that country will very soon attract a lot of tourists, with all its upgrade of infrastructure. But it takes time and money. I am here with delegation of Danish people. They work in various fields. Some of them are interested in industry, in marketing and fisheries, and some are interested in tourism. I can see that we have many opportunities and potential to co-operate in many aspects, particularly in tourism. I think Vietnam will find ways to attract more European tourists to the country. That is one of the main purposes of my trip to Vietnam with this delegation.

VOVNews: Denmark was very successful in organizing the 4th ASEM in Copenhagen last year. Vietnam will host the 5th Asia-Europe Meeting next year, could you share your experience and impression of last year’s meeting?

Prince Henri: We talked a bout that with the Deputy Prime Minister on Monday. We are expecting the best for Hanoi next year. The meeting was open to every body and to new ideas of the world, so that there could be open discussion and we could make progress. I remember that all the ASEM delegations were received by the Danish Queen. Everybody and all delegations, including the Vietnamese, were very pleased by the reception.

VOVNews: Do you have any ideas to improve relations between Vietnam and Denmark? Do you intend to come back Vietnam?

Prince Henri: When I return to my own country, I hope that the success of the delegation will be beneficial for our relations. At the same time I hope that we will get to know each other better, particularly Vietnamese and Danish businesspeople. I am confident that the political situation will open up even more in Vietnam, so that it will be easier for European partners to communicate with Vietnamese businesses. I see that the Vietnam situation is very good, proven by the dialogue we are having now.

VOVNews: Thank you very much.

www.billedbladet.dk

Prins Henrik: Jeg savner min kone - 25.09.03

Dronning Margrethe og prins Henrik har haft en travl tid. Nu er der så endelig tid til at slappe af sammen på slottet i Caïx.

– Jeg glæder mig til at se min kone igen. Vi har været væk fra hinanden mange dage nu. Først var jeg i Vietnam med en erhversdelegation, og nu sejler jeg her i Cannes. Så det bliver dejligt at se hende igen. Vi glæder os begge til at have en uges tid sammen.
Selv om prins Henrik fylder 70 næste år, er han stadig i fuld vigør. Han har netop været gennem en lang, varm og udmattende tur til Vietnam, hvor han stod i spidsen for et dansk erhvervsfremstød.

Læs mere og se de mange dejlige billeder af prins Hnerik som sejler i BILLED-BLADET

Attachments

• DK_henrik_500.jpg
    DK_henrik_500.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 527
Alexandria . Posted: Sep 8th, 2003 - 10:17 pm
Clearly a prince in love with his queen!
Gee, I don't know. There looks to be some reservation here.
OT ... whatever was that 'hissing fit' about, that Prince Henrik had last year?

also OT ... I don't think the years have been very kind to the Queen. Is this because of her smoking?

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Berggren 10000, Köpenhamn, Danmark. Queen Margrethe of Denmark opening a large exhibition on the Danish Royal familys "kitchen coppery collection" at the Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen. The collection has a weight of 2000 kilos, and contains of 800 coppery items. This is the first official arrangement for the Queen after her son Crown Prince Frederik became engaged two days ago.

Attachments

• 11_Margrethe_Queen_6.jpg
    11_Margrethe_Queen_6.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 11_Margrethe_Queen_5.jpg
    11_Margrethe_Queen_5.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 533
  • 11_Margrethe_Queen_4.jpg
    11_Margrethe_Queen_4.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 11_Margrethe_Queen_3.jpg
    11_Margrethe_Queen_3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 11_Margrethe_Queen_2.jpg
    11_Margrethe_Queen_2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 387
  • 11_Margrethe_Queen_1.jpg
    11_Margrethe_Queen_1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 579
Polfoto 10-10-2003 Dronning Margrethe var fredag i Århus for at åbne Moesgård Museums nye store satsning, udstillingen "Illerup Ådal - fjendes ansigt". Dronningen brugte en time på at se udstillingen sammen med museumsinspektør Jørgen Ilkjær.

Attachments

• DK_margrethe_504.jpg
    DK_margrethe_504.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 502
  • ch077559_guest.jpg
    ch077559_guest.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 201
Originally posted by Josefine@Sep 1st, 2003 - 9:17 am
04-07-1974

Fell down the stairs
What's this about a young healthy queen falling flat on her face on some stairs? Anymore information about what might have caused such an unlikely event.

Of course I'm not suggesting Prince Henrik might have tripped his wife, no way. :

Josefine  Posted: Oct 26th, 2003 - 1:57 pm

she put her foot wrong at one of the steps...

You mean she is Queen Margrethe II ?
and where did this happen ?

That fall looks like it hurt! Maybe the Queen's heels were too high and too much for her?

www.corbis.com - DANISH ROYAL COUPLE ON STATE VISIT TO ENGLAND

Original caption: Queen Margrethe & Queen Elizabeth II followed by their respective husbands.

Attachments

• EN_DK_499.jpg
    EN_DK_499.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 375
I see that Prince Henrik has taken a page from his wife in colour boldness.

Alexandria  Posted: Oct 26th, 2003 - 8:48 pm

www.corbis.com - QUEEN MARGRETHE AND PRINCE HENRIK IN LE LOT

Not every man would cloth himself in a green jacket and yellow pants !!!! Looks pretty darn good.

Alexandria  Posted: Oct 26th, 2003 - 9:01 pm

www.corbis.com - Original caption: Prince Henrik and Queen Margrethe of Denmark with Queen Sylvia of Sweden walking beside the Trosa canal.

Nor in a burgundy (wine red for you ladies :) ) jacket.

Her Majesty always looks comfortable in her own skin, no matter what she's wearing. Such an impressive trait!

http://www.um.dk/english/gammel_engelsk/queen/cv.asp

Flags

The Queen's flag is the Royal Flag. Since 1731 it has had the royal coat-of-arms in the middle field, the central square ("spunsen" in Danish).

The Royal Coat-of-Arms: At the top: The Crown. In the shield is seen the Cross of Dannebrog, the Lions and Hearts of Denmark, the Two Lions of Southern Jutland, the Three Crowns, the Ram of the Faeroe Islands, the Bear of Greenland and the Oldenburg Bars. The Shield is held by two savages in a pavilion. The pavilion is surrounded by the chains of the Order of the Elephant and the Order of Dannebrog.

Decorations

The Grand Cross of the Order of Saint Martin, Argentina.
The Grand Cross of the Order of Leopold, Belgium.
The Grand Cross of the Order of the Southern Cross, Brazil.

The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Britain.
The Grand Cross of the Order of Victoria, Britain.

The Order of Stara Platina with Sash, Bulgaria.
The Grand Cross of the Order of Merit, Chile.
The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of Terra Mariana, Estonia.
The First Class of the Order of Al Kamal, the United Arabia Republic.
The Chain of the Order of the Nile, Egypt.
The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of the White Rose, Finland.
The Grand Cross of the Order of the Legion of Honour, France.

The Grand Cross of the Order of the Saviour, Greece.
The First Class of the Order of Saint Olga and Saint Sophia, Greece.

The Second Class of the Order of Haft Paykar, Iran.
The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of the Falcon, Iceland.
The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Italy.
The First Class of the Order of the Precious Crown, Japan.
The Order of the Chrysanthemum with Chain, Japan.
The Order of Al-Hussein bin Ali, Jordan
The Order of the Yugoslav Grand Star.
The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of The Three Stars, Latvia.
The Grand Cross of the Order of Vytautas the Great, Lithuania.
The Order of The Golden Lion of the House of Nassau, Luxembourg.
The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of Quissam Alaouite, Morocco.
The Grand Cross of the Order of The Lion of the Netherlands.
The First Class of the Order of Pratap Bhasker, Nepal.
The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of Saint Olav of Norway.

The Order of The White Eagle of Poland.
The Grand Decoration of the Order of Merit of the People's Republic of Poland.

The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of Infante Dom Henriques, Portugal.
The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of Saint Elago, Portugal.

The Grand Cross with Sash of the Order of the Romanian Star.
The First Class of the Order of Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia.

The Order of the Golden Fleece, Spain.
The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of Carl III of Spain.

The Chain of the Order of the Seraphim, Sweden.
The Grand Cross with Chain of the Order of Good Hope, South Africa.
The First Class with Chain of the Order of Maha Chakrkri, Thailand.
The Grand Cross First Class of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republik of Germany.

Patronages

The Royal Danish Society of the Sciences.
The Danish Bible Society.
The Royal Orphanage.
Crown Prince Frederik's Foundation (founded 1865).
Det Classenske Fideicommis (The Classen Trust).
The Preparedness Association.
The Asylum Society of Queen Louise.
The Multiple Sclerosis Society.
The Cancer Society.
The Danish Lung Association, The National Society for the Prevention of Pulmonary Diseases.
Det Kongelige Danske Landhusholdningsselskab.
The Patriotic Society of the Diocese of Funen.
Det Danske Hedeselskab
The Society for the Promotion of Breeding of Noble Horses (the Danish Jockey Club)
The Danish Animal Welfare Society.
Selskabet for Naturlærens Udbredelse. (The Society for the Promotion of Natural Science).
The Royal Danish Geographic Society.
The Danish Institute of Technology.
The Danish Society for Domestic Crafts.
Danes World Wide - Dansk Samvirke.
The Society of Martial Science.
The Union of Danish Associations of Ex-Servicemen.
The Royal Danish Guards' Associations.
The National Olympic Committee and Sports Confederation of Denmark.
The Danish Gymnastics and Sports Associations.
The Volunteer Boys' and Girls' Associations (FDF/FPF).
The Royal Danish Yacht Club.
The Society of 1888 for the Support of the Surviving Relatives of Knights of the Order of Dannebrog.
The Rescue Medal Society.
The Hans Christian Andersen Ballet Award.
The Danish Immigrant Museum, Iowa, USA.
The Queen's Association of The Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment.
The Danish Shooting Organisation.
The Danish UNICEF Committee.

Honorary

Honorary Doctor (Doctor of Law (honoris causa)), at Cambridge University 1975.
Honorary Doctor at the University of London 1980.
Honorary Doctor at the University of Iceland 1986, awarded La Medalje de la Chancellerie des Universités de Paris 1987.
Honorary Member of Kungliga Vitterhets Historie och Antikvitets Akademien 1988.
Invited Member of Foreningen til Skiidrettens Fremme (The Association for the Promotion of Ski Sports) Oslo.
Honorary Doctor at Oxford University 1992.
Honorary Doctor (doctor honoris causa) at the University of Edinburgh, 2000.

http://www.um.dk/english/gammel_engelsk/queen/cv.asp

DRAWINGS AND GRAPHICS

1970: The Annual Christmas Seal.
1983: The Greenland Christmas Seal.
1984: The Annual Christmas Spoon.
1985: The special issue stamp "5 May 1945 to 1985".
1986: Lithography for the Danish Pleasure Sailing Safety Board.
1988: Lithography for the Danish Red Cross.
1988: Seal for the LEV (National Association for the Welfare of the Mentally Handicapped).
1992: Postcard for the Danish Seamen's Churches in Foreign Ports.
1994: Playing cards for the Danish Refugee Aid.
1994: Lithography for Save the Children Denmark.
1996: Card for UNICEF.
1997: Christmas Heart for Save the Children Denmark.

SACRED TEXTILES

1976: Fredensborg Castle Church (chasuble).
1985: Kronborg Castle Church (chasuble).
1985: Ammassalik Church (chasuble).
1987-88: Haderslev Cathedral (chasubles and antependia).
1993-95: Aarhus Cathedral (chasubles).

1986: The Diocese of Elsinore (episcopal vestments).
1989: The Diocese of Viborg (episcopal vestments).
1999: The Diocese of Aarhus (episcopal vestments).
2000: The Diocese of Haderslev (episcopal vestments).

1999: Frederiksborg Castle Church (bridal tapestry).

ILLUSTRATIONS

1977: J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings".
1979: "The Tales of Regnar Lodbrog".
1982: "Bjarkemaal".
1990: Poul Orum's "Comedy at Florence".
2000: The Danish Bible Society, National and Family Bible in Danish, Faeroese and Greenlandish (vignettes).
2000: HRH Prince Henrik's "Cantabile" (decoupages).

TRANSLATIONS

1981: Simone de Beauvoir's "All mankind are mortal" (with HRH the Prince), using the pseudonym HM Vejerbjerg.
1988-89: Stig Stromholm's "The Valley", "The Fields" and "The Forest".
1991: Eric Linklater's "The Wind on the Moon".

ILLUSTRATIONS/ DESIGN/ STAGE SETTINGS

Calendar for:
1978-84: Selskabet til Haandarbejdets Fremme (The Arts and Crafts Society).
1990. The Multiple Sclerosis Society.
1991: FDB (The Danish Consumers' Co-operative).
1993: DanChurch Aid.
2000: The Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik Foundation ("The Snow Queen", decoupages).

1987: Design of costumes for the TV theatre performance of "The Shepherdess and the Chimneysweep".
1991: Stage settings and costumes for the ballet "Et Folkesagn" (A Legend).
1999-2000: Decoupages for a TV film on "The Snow Queen" by Hans Christian Andersen.

EXHIBITIONS:

1988: The Art Museum of Koge. Collection of sketches (sketches and complete works).
1988: The Glass Museum at Ebeltoft. (sketches and complete works).
1989: Millesgaarden in Stockholm. (sketches and complete works).
1991: Blaafarvevaerket, Norway. (sketches and complete works).
1991: Baron Bolten's Gaard, Copenhagen. (sketches and complete works).
1993: Gl. Holtegaard (paintings, watercolours, sacred textiles).
1994: Château de Bourglinster, Luxembourg. (paintings and sacred textiles).
1998: Aarhus Art Building (paintings and sacred textiles).
1998: Marienlyst Castle. (paintings and sacred textiles).
1998: The Danish Central Library of Southern Schleswig. Flensburg. (paintings and sacred textiles).
1998: The National Museum in Reykjavik. (sacred textiles).
1999: Gallery J.M.S. in Oslo. (paintings and lithographies).
2000: Amalienborg Museum. Copenhagen.(various creative works).
2000: The Hans Christian Andersen House, Odense (decoupages, costumes for "The Snow Queen").
2000: The National Art Museum of Romania. Bucharest. (decoupages, costumes and sketches for "The Snow Queen").
2000: The Museum of Religious Art at Lemvig. (vignettes for the new national and family Bible in Danish, Faeroese and Greenlandish).
2001: The Art Museum Listasavn Foeroya at Thorshavn, Faeroe Islands. (vignettes for the new national and family Bible in Danish, Faeroese and Greenlandish.
2001: The Cultural Centre Katuaq, at Nuuk, Greenland. (vignettes for the new national and family Bible in Danish, Faeroese and Greenlandish/. (Planned to take place in May).

Polfoto 03-11-2003 I 1942 udgjorde dronningen, som lille prinsesse, motivet i en dyster tid, og i 1970 debuterede dronningen - dengang tronfølger - som julemærkekunstner med engle i fuld aktivitet under temaet 'Juleforberedelser i Himmelborgen'. Og i 1983 stod dronningen for årets grønlandske julemærke - der iøvrigt også har 100 års jubilæum. Temaet for årets julemærker er "Hjerternes fest".

Attachments

• maggie_hearts.jpg
    maggie_hearts.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 229
  • hearts_a.jpg
    hearts_a.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 260
  • hearts_b.jpg
    hearts_b.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 268
  • hearts_c.jpg
    hearts_c.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 264
Imagien scandinavia -- Queen Margrethe of Denmarks Archeological Funds medal being delivered tonight at the National Museum in Copenhagen, Denmark tonight by the Queen.

Attachments

• fur_maggie_1.jpg
    fur_maggie_1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 211
  • fur_maggie_2.jpg
    fur_maggie_2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 241
  • award_1.jpg
    award_1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 298
  • award_1a.jpg
    award_1a.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 250
  • award_1b.jpg
    award_1b.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 271
  • award_1c.jpg
    award_1c.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 271
  • 05_Queen_Margrethe_5.jpg
    05_Queen_Margrethe_5.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 427
  • 05_Queen_Margrethe_1.jpg
    05_Queen_Margrethe_1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 442
Lovely photos! It's so interesting to see the patterns and cut of Her Majesty's outfits. They have an old time elgance to them (if done correctly) or a jarring effect! (if done not so well).

QM is really fashionable. She pairs her clothes with the correct ones.
Still glowing in her 60's.

Polfoto 19-11-2003 19-11-2003 København , Livgardens kaserne , Rosenborg Dronning Margrethe uddelte i dag Årets Garder ur til Garder : Mads Nedergaard Pedersen fra Ølgod ved Horsens. Uret gives til en garder, der har vist sig at være noget specielt både socialt og fagligt. Foto : POLFOTO / Jens Dige

Attachments

• 278.jpg
    278.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 278a.jpg
    278a.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 278b.jpg
    278b.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 278c.jpg
    278c.jpg