Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More from facetoface,1

Attachments

• 00979595.jpg
    00979595.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 00979596.jpg
    00979596.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 00979597.jpg
    00979597.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 00979598.jpg
    00979598.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 00979599.jpg
    00979599.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 00979600.jpg
    00979600.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 126
  • 00979601.jpg
    00979601.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 00979602.jpg
    00979602.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 138
How proud it makes me feel to see my sovereign, HM Queen Margrethe II, doing her job even is she has to do so with crutches. Her Majesty looks great and well.

/Lasse Pedersen

Is it normal for someone to be working three weeks after having knee replacement surgery?

lise said:
Is it normal for someone to be working three weeks after having knee replacement surgery?
The doctors said (they were interviewed in Billed Bladet around the time of the surgery) that it was the best for movement in the knee if the patient was out of bed only hours after the surgery, so that the knee didn't stiffen. I'm not sure about going back to work, but this is one event that probably wouldn't take much time, even if it looks like it takes a lot of effort. Probably why this event was chosen as one to ease back into work, and not one where she would have to stand around for several hours. ;)

She is elegant in whatever circumstances. I admire Queen Margrethe very much. She looks like a lady , like the Queen she is, in every moment the camera takes her...:)

Vanesa.

According to BT, the Danish tabloid newspaper, prince Henrik is now also having health troubles of his own (http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=451012/). During his stay at Malta, he wounded his leg and the wound will not heal so he has been ordered to rest for a couple of weeks while his leg is being treated

UserDane said:
According to BT, the Danish tabloid newspaper, prince Henrik is now also having health troubles of his own (http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=451012/). During his stay at Malta, he wounded his leg and the wound will not heal so he has been ordered to rest for a couple of weeks while his leg is being treated
It's good that Prince Joachim steps up to take care of his father's engagements in that time. ;)

i'm sorry to hear that UserDane, my father had a similar thing on his leg, it was circulation related, it was quite nasty and painful. hope he's better soon.

Queen Margrethe (R) and her husband Prince Consort Henrik (2nd R) arrives onboard their royal yacht Dannebrog, at the port of the provincial town of Arhus, to put up in their summer residence at Marselisborg Castle, July 1, 2006

from polfoto

Attachments

• ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
fanletizia said:
Queen Margrethe (R) and her husband Prince Consort Henrik (2nd R) arrives onboard their royal yacht Dannebrog, at the port of the provincial town of Arhus, to put up in their summer residence at Marselisborg Castle, July 1, 2006
They sure did, and thank you for posting the photo fanletizia. And as Her Majesty was about to get in the backseat of one of the royal limousines, a reporter had the audacity to yell at Her Majesty and ask her: "How is the knee coming along?", Her Majesty replied, unusually friendly, that it was coming along "fantastically". Normally, Her Majesty desists from answering reporters in this fashion, but I guess she used the opportunity to let her people know that she is doing very well. I, for one, was pleased to hear it anyway!

/Lasse Pedersen

UserDane said:

Poor Prince Henrik! - however, I would just like to say that BT is not a tabloid newspaper, but a magazine.

wiwaxia said:
Poor Prince Henrik! - however, I would just like to say that BT is not a tabloid newspaper, but a magazine.
Not the BT I linked to; that is a tabloid newspaper (= it is published daily) as I said. I don't know of a magazine in DK called BT.

Last edited:
Will the Princes join Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik at their holidays? :confused:

Prince Consort Henrik handles a falcon during the opening ceremony of the European Hunting Horn championship in Horsens, Denmark July 8, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 163
fanletizia said:
Prince Consort Henrik handles a falcon during the opening ceremony of the European Hunting Horn championship in Horsens, Denmark July 8, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters
His face is very funny! :D :D :D Like: "Ooo come on! Let go me!" :D
Thanks for posting, fanletizia. ;)

Queen Margrethe (R) and Prince Consort Henrik disembark from royal vessel Dannebrog as they arrive to the southern Jutland city of Sonderborg near the German boarder 21 July 2006. The Queen carries crutches due to a knee problem problem. The royal couple will spend part of their summer vacation at the nearby Graasten Castle.

from getty

Attachments

• 71494039.jpg
    71494039.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 71494040.jpg
    71494040.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 207
According to the Danish Royal Watchers blogspot, the queen will hold a small family gathering at Graasten Castle. They are hoping to gather all the family including the greek side, just like they use to do before Queen Ingrid died back in 2000. The crown prince and princess are expected there today.

On August 7th, The Queen will be giving a «public audience». Could someone explain what it means?

At the end of her annual holidays Margrethe and Henrik has an audience with the press at their chateau in France.

In 2002 the press were easger to attend as they were hoping an engagement would be announced.
In 2003 Margrethe accidently let the "cat out of the bag" about the impending engagement when she said Mary would make a good daughter in law.
I wouldn't expect any "great announcements" to be made.

I am going to Copenhagen next week...can anyone attend the public audience at Christianborg Palace on September 11th?

Her Majesty castigates the Aarhus Festival of 2006

On September 1, the annually recurring event in Århus, the Aarhus Festival, was opened, as it always is, by its patron, Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II. The theme of this year’s festival is women, and the title is ‘Womania’. In her opening speech, Her Majesty opposed this use of the English language as title of a Danish festival. With her usual wit, she said: “Why is it called Womania? Such a nice, Danish expression!! Do the men of Århus not believe that women understand Danish? Let us call it ‘kvinderier’ instead”.
And of the very theme of women, Her Majesty spoke as well: “It is unusual to come up with a theme which only covers half the audience – if so. I hope that the many women who during the Festival will appear with their abilities, their skills and thoughts, will not forget the men, without whom all would be incredibly dull”. Her Majesty’s speech elicited much applause!

Source (in Danish): http://www.tv2oj.dk/nyhe_nyhed_s.asp?newsID=15224

/Lasse Pedersen

September 1
The Reigning Couple attend the gala opening of the 2006 Aarhus Festival at 19.30.
Jyllands Posten
2eaf77a3.jpg

Her Majesty greeting Nicolai Wammen, Mayor of Aarhus

Aarhus Festuge
Photographer Jakob Mark
3d2b08ed.jpg

Her Majesty greeting Nicolai Wammen, Mayor of Aarhus

6b4f5321.jpg

Her Majesty entering Musikhuset Aarhus with Mr. Nicolai Wammen and her husband - a couple of steps behind her though!

Polfoto
216354_228_600.jpg

Her Majesty on the stand from which she "chastised" the Aarhus Festival

/Lasse Pedersen

Queen Margrethe looks wonderful! I love the green color on her. Thanks for the pictures, Lasse! :flowers:

Rebafan81 said:
I mean no disrespect but why doesn't the Queen get her teeth fixed? I have seen pictures of her when she was younger and she looked quite pretty, what happened? Again, I mean no disrespect but just curious.

Well, there really is nothing to "fix" - her teeth are all there and they're all hers. However, she is, as the HELLO magazine put it, "an unapoologetic chain smoker"; whether that's true or not, I don't know, but I do know she smokes and that accounts for the colour of her teeth. Though I'm not a smoker, nor a fan of the habit, I like the fact that she's comfortable with who she is and doesn't feel the need to be a "perfectly panelbeated Hollywood-type". What you see is what you get, not some facade.

Thank you for the pics Madeleien, Dont know if I like this mermaid, it looks a little scary, but I guess it is art. I do know I find Henrik by far the most charismatic and interesting member of the DRF, frogs on the tie as well:lol:

Here he is with his wife earlier this week
Lasse Pedersen said:
September 14
The Reigning Couple attend a dinner at Rosenborg Palace to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the Palace
Polfoto

I belive Margrethes pearls are part of the crown jewells which are stored at Rosenborg. Really an impressive castle.
th_22807_banquet7_122_527lo.jpg

Queen Margrethe of Denmark opening the new Balley School for children at the Danish Royal Theater in Copenhagen

from imagine

1fc3.jpg

I think it is a bit funny but my dear uncel and Prince Henrik look a bit like eachother.
The funniest part of it is: my uncel is her from Denmark born and bread by my greatparrents and they was also danish,but he and Prince Henrik still looks like they are brothers....confused ? well i know i am :)

the queen looks lovely, very stylish thanks for the photos

The Queen is at the hospital where she has undergone surgery for hernia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom